rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

4 Reasons to go to college in the US
Reasons to go to college in the US
Quote: (02-26-2015 03:55 AM)Saga Wrote:  

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:05 AM)Sonoma Wrote:  

Well, if you find that guys in fraternities get the most ass, it might be worthwhile to join one. From my experience being in a fraternity guaranteed at least 4 formal events a semester, of which you could almost always get laid if you chose your date correctly.

Right, I'm not saying it's impossible to do well, I'm saying it caters to a very specific form of game, which is based on a very specific personality. If you're more introverted, it's one of the least conducive environments for your game that you could possibly imagine. And between the big winners and big losers in the SMP there isn't much middle ground.

Quote:Quote:

In social sciences you can definitely choose professors who offer more than a textbook, not to mention the networking opportunities.

Professors rarely choose to actually mentor students. I've seen it of course but it's mostly out of your control and probably won't happen, and that goes double for people who exhibit critical thinking tendencies. That aside, I think the networking opportunities are 99% of the reason for college...so if you go, choose your school wisely on that basis, and get ready to make connections like it's your job (because it is). Of course if that's not your thing (like those deluded souls who think college is for intellectual enrichment), then stay far away.

Again, I think college can work if you plan it right, and you've put up some good advice to that end. That said, I think it's useful to provide a counternarrative to the BS and lies that young men are told about college outside this forum. Everything college fashions itself as (a place of genuine learning where young people have fun while finding themselves and becoming adults) is a complete joke. Anyone considering college should think carefully about the information on offer here (both for and against), and never buy into the image of "College Life" because you're being sold snake oil.

10% of the frat guys pull. The other 90% get laid here and there from what I've seen.

Messages In This Thread