rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

Quote: (07-13-2014 10:06 AM)numanist Wrote:  

I graduated in accounting last may with a cumulative gpa of 3.3 and a 3.6 gpa in my major. The college I graduated from was a reasonably good state university. I've had four interviews since then, and I have still not landed a full time gig. One was an internship with a mid-level cpa firm, one a non-profit, one a fortune 500 company, and the last a local production facility. In addition, I've also applied for entry level accounting positions at the hospital my parents work at. However, I heard through the grapevine that people with masters degrees were applying for the position. Why you ask? because there are hardly any accounting positions in my area, and if there are they usually require lots of experience.

Meanwhile, my friends who live in major metropolitan areas, all got jobs right after college. I on the other hand got a job out of despair, doing IT troubleshooting in a call center environment. The work is fast-paced, hectic, and pays a fraction of what a starting accountant would make. I would really appreciate some honest advice on how I can improve my situation. I really want to leave the nest as soon as possible.

If you want to do accounting, the answer is simple: do a masters in accounting at a reputable school in a large market. This will give you access to a recruiting pipeline that will easily give you the opportunities for a job.

Messages In This Thread