rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

White Male Feminist Depressed That Social Justice Activists Have Broken Him

White Male Feminist Depressed That Social Justice Activists Have Broken Him

Quote: (06-12-2014 08:39 PM)Slick Shimmer Wrote:  

I noticed he mentioned "geek feminism." I don't even want to start thinking about it, but the worst of the worst of the whiteknights reside on certain videogaming websites. Every discussion or announcement now somehow devolves into talk about privilege and inclusion. This is because most everyone is bitter and sexless. But they didn't used to be bitter, they just used to play games. Even shut-in males are on the feminist bandwagon or complaining about LGBT "issues" nowadays.

Yeah, I used to enjoy games in my downtime, but every review seems to be recently turning into why it's wrong to have a male character as the lead etc, to the extent I can see games turning into nothing but political propaganda.

There's a POS called 'Gone Home' that was called 'Game Of The Year' on multiple websites that was the last straw for me, which I'll spoil to save you the trouble, as they said not to learn anything about it going into it.

Short Review

Learn about tolerance and acceptance from people who will call you a cis-het shitlord if you don't find the game very good.

Long Review

It pretends it's a haunted house tale, but it's just about a privileged upper-class white chick hysterically-narrating her boring Young Adult lesbian romance as you pick up household emphemera, in what can barely be considered gameplay, with a couple of hardly-explored subplots about her parents in the background to feebly pretend it's not all about lesbianism. Of course, everyone but the lesbians is reduced to homophobic stereotypes to fuel the persecution complex that drives them and to shape the player's experience to come to the conclusion the author's want them to draw: 'love is love'.

It would be as equally trite and boring if the characters were straight, but, of course, the lesbians and white knights are all pretending this is some kind of amazing fucking art of a level previously-unseen by humanity, and their most common attack is 'It's just too intelligent for dumb people to understand it.'

Apparently, I can juggle all 902 pages of 'Middlemarch', a novel written in 1871, featuring the interlocking narratives of 23 main characters, but the trite girl-meets-girl tale of 'Gone Home' is complex beyond my comprehension. Crack a fucking book sometime, you illiterate rug-munchers.

It's one of the critically highest-scoring games on the aggregate sites, yet hugely-polarising to users, earning toxic user scores until the lesbo brigades desperately-upvoted it, because, let's face it, it's not like SJW's have anything better to do.

Despite being game of the year, it's one of the lowest-played games on the Steam Graphs of any moment in time, having never once broken the top 100. Obviously, it's being pushed for political reasons alone.

If this shit is where games are going, fuck it. It's not like I don't have a tonne of other shit I could be doing.

I actually think this is a good thing for gaming. It'll drive large numbers of men away from it, and hopefully out into the real world to take control of their lives.

Messages In This Thread