rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Approach Anxiety.

Approach Anxiety.

I saw a video once where it was like jumping into a pool for the first time.
The first time, you're terrified. You might not even make it into the pool
But if you can bring yourself to jump in, like ripping a bandage off quickly, the pain goes away quickly
The second time you jump into the pool, it will still be a bit scary, but not as bad as the first time.
By the time you do it the 3rd or 4th time, after it will start to get fun.
The only problem is, when you leave the pool for the day and start swimming again tomorrow, you'll have to start from square one. But if you swim everyday, its just something you expect and know that you need to dive in the first couple of times before it gets fun.

I don't think AA ever fully goes away, just like jumping into a cold pool for the first time we all know sucks, even though we've all done that before. Maybe I just haven't done enough approaches because I know some forum members have vanquished AA completely.

The analogy with the number of approaches works too; I find the first few approaches are tough, and its only after the 4th or 5th that I start to loosen up and start having fun. My only problem is getting over that hump.

Should I not have posted this? It will just bring this thread back to the top and there are already several approach anxiety threads. Or maybe we could lock some approach anxiety threads and just have one main one.

Messages In This Thread