rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Drinking the tap water abroad

Drinking the tap water abroad

Quote: (11-20-2009 05:58 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Even street (almost all) carts use purified water. Everyone knows not to drink or use the tap water here. No way in hell McDs use it for coke.

Are you sure about that?? The McDonald's thing is believable, but I have a hard time thinking that some poor woman from a favela selling beers and caipirinia's from a push cart for $2 is all that concerned about hygiene standards. Besides, people who grow up in countries with dirty water are pretty much used to it and immune to the effects. Unless the water has cholera in it or something, but I don't think Brasil is that 3rd world.

As for McDonald's, I don't know dude, when you think about the sheer volume of water that gets used for soft drinks there(and I used to work in a McDonalds in high school so I saw this as well as the syrup tanks downstairs), I just don't see how they could purify that much water so quickly. I don't see trucks driving through the streets delivering purified water. And if they purifying the municipal water using some in-house method, they would have to be storing massive amounts of water in the store for the constant stream of customers, and the purification process can't be done on demand, like say filtering water where you just run it through some device and it's clean. I'm not sure how this would work.

Messages In This Thread