rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hispanic-Americans travelling to Latin America

Hispanic-Americans travelling to Latin America

Quote: (01-01-2015 03:54 AM)cool guy Wrote:  

Quote: (12-31-2014 10:18 PM)TheBlackRooster Wrote:  

Quote: (12-31-2014 05:29 PM)cool guy Wrote:  

I understand your problem as a Mexican-American myself who grew up on the border in El Paso and a significant amount of family in Juarez it is a tough choice. I used to live in Miami for a while and took a backpacking trip through Central America where I spent 3 days in every capitol city. If you speak Spanish with one of the common Mexican accents it will help you pick up in Central America as it helped me get my foot in the door a lot as girls would always ask me where I was from. Keep in mind that much of the media they get in Central America is Mexican movies, telenovelas, music, etc. so the accent comes off as a dominant one. I was always surprised at the love-hate relationship they have with Mexico being so dominant. If i was you I would look further south as your money will get you further and your experience might be better.

Would you say that you were from the US or México?

The US but that would throw them off so I had to explain my parents were Mexican. They loved the accent but still had to work for it. I had been to Finland 5 months earlier and didn't have to work that hard for it but they don't have a safety net to fall back on. A lot of them get our Mexican accent mixed up with Colombians I've even had Colombians ask me if I was Colombian in Miami, at university and traveling abroad. In Europe I would always get mixed up with Brazilians even after I tell girls my family is Mexican they still tell me how Brazilian I am oh well whatever gets me in there quicker being Colombian or Brazilian.

cool guy, I do the same thing. Whenever a girl tells me if I'm Puerto Rican or something else for instance I just wing it and say "Yes, yes I am". I've gotten so many notches with girls who thought I was Puerto Rican or Brazilian instead of Mexican. Like you said, whatever floats their boat.

Messages In This Thread