rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Waylon Jennings: A Proper Example of Masculine Mannerism and Attitude

Waylon Jennings: A Proper Example of Masculine Mannerism and Attitude

Quick post here... I've been listen to Waylon a lot lately. Something about living in a corrupt, (semi)communist shithole with horrendous-looking women stirs up the inner redneck in me.

Anyway, here's the video:

Throughout the video, notice how Waylon never moves his shoulders or drops his head. Yes, he has to lower his eyes a few times to make sure he's on the right fret, but his head is always upright. Look at his posture. Relaxed but supremely confident. While he's relaxed, Jessi Coulter is postured and attentive.

Secondly, I think the lyrics and exchange with his chick around 1:03 to 1:08 are self-explanatory. He basically treats her like a child. "D-O-G... You understand that?"

1:15 to 1:44 is pure, should we say (?), "alpha gold." Jessi knows and even accommodates it. She knows Waylon needs to root around.

2:19. I think every semi-seasoned player here knows the look on that chick's face. She's totally turned on by the exchange. Waylon definitely hit it that night.

From 2:30 onwards, watch him pretty much just ignore her and not make eye contact. Although she keeps looking at him, he just keeps on with his train of thought. Notice that there's a good 15 seconds where he refuses to even look in her direction. Around 2:56 he gets tired of listening and let's her know she's said enough. Total control.

Here are a couple more:

1975, when men were men.

Just watch this dude's demeanor. Astounding. While it might be the coke, this guy is supremely confident.

"Lonesome, On'ry, and Mean"

"Ladies Love Outlaws"

"Bessie was a lovely child from West Tennessee
Leroy was an outlaw, hard and mean
One night she saw him staring and it chilled her to the bone
She knew she had to see that look on a child of her own

'Cause ladies love outlaws
Like babies love stray dogs
Ladies touch babies like a banker touches gold
Outlaws touch ladies somewhere deep down in their soul

Jessi liked Cadillacs and diamonds on her hands
Waymore had a reputation as a lady's man