rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do It Yourself:Car and Motorcyle Repair Thread

Do It Yourself:Car and Motorcyle Repair Thread

Quote: (10-08-2014 08:44 AM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 3.9L v6 - 170,000
2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 2.4L i4 - 101,000

I took auto shop in HS, and while in college I took several major topic courses (engine, brakes, suspension, etc).

Replaced a fuel injector on the truck yesterday to fix a P0301 (Cyl 1 misfire).
So far I've done:

- Plugs (switched to a colder plug to prevent pinging)
- Ign coil
- Ign wires
- Cap/rotor (first time)
- Front/rear o2 sensors
- Brakes
- PCV valve
- Seafoaming (smoky fun)
- Throttle body cleaning
- Wiring of +12v battery lead to tow connector, and brake controller

It's a Magnum engine, so I have the plenum gasket failure hanging over me. When that goes I won't be in the mood for repair so I'm going to try the community college auto shop and have them do it. BTW, that's exactly what I did in school, we worked on cars for free and the owners just paid for parts. And yes the work is always good because the instructor is watching very carefully.

The Jeep is my "prestige" car and in perfect shape, but I have done some minor items:

- Change synchromesh manual tranny fluid
- Transfer case fluid (it's ATF)
- Plugs
- Mopar combustion chamber cleaner (like seafoam but expensive)
- Brakes
- Thermostat

I used to buy those Haynes manuals, until I figured out you can very easily find the factory service manual for your vehicle online in a PDF. I have the Chrysler FSMs for both my vehicles and just print out the pages I need during service.

Wow. N-I-C-E specs. I like how you print out the pages you need when you need them. I may look into signing up for a class at a community college around here in auto repair. My job pays for it anyway.

What made you go with the jeep for your main squeeze?

Messages In This Thread