rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Toe Running

Toe Running

Quote: (05-20-2014 08:40 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

I was seriously about to write a 5 paragraph story on proper running technique for your foot.

Some good points here but just know that you should land mid foot/ fore foot while landing on the outside of your foot at the same time. Next your heel must hit the ground to allow a chillies/calve flexion for propulsion. When you land on the outer half of your foot it will naturally begin to roll inwards because of the force. Next allow your big toe (as your foot will have rolled inwards) to 'push' off. This will allow your foot to act as a single unit.
Don't use your toes to push off like your jumping. The rest comes from your hips(why power cleans are so important in track) and extending it allows for power during the next phase along with stride length.
Again...with your foot front/mid sole to heel. Your Achilles/calves act as a spring.

I was actually a sprinter so take my advice for what it's worth.

What were your times sprinting? Just curious. My best time this spring (first time ever running track) in the 100m was 12.5 hand timed. My goal was to go below 12 but had to stop training for reasons. I high-jumped 5'2" also, but had to stop training for the same reasons. My goal was 5'8".

Just to clarify what you are saying: land on ball of your foot (near the toes) and then have your heel hit the ground? Is sprinting different from jogging/running form? When I sprint in spikes i don't think my heels come within 2 inches of the ground, but when jogging medium distance in running shoes I definitely do heel-toe. Should I switch to only toe running for everything?

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Messages In This Thread