rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do You Eat Dairy?

Do You Eat Dairy?

Quote: (10-29-2013 02:09 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

Two months ago I bought my first whey protein protein powder (concentrate, not isolate), which ended up giving me a bad case of gas and diarrhea.

Although I used to drink up to 2 liters of milk a day and always ate yogurt, I now find myself incapable of consuming either without suffering from bad gas and sometimes diarrhea, too. Cheese doesn't seem to disturb my digestion, though.

I've slowly started bringing yogurt back to my diet, and the effects seem to be milder at the moment. Milk is off-limits atm. I also switched to whey protein isolate and have had good results.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar?

Ringo those various whey powders are processed, and I believe, similar to some of the philosophies of Weston Price, that foods are best eaten in their whole form rather than separating one part from another.

http://www.westonaprice.org/basics/princ...lthy-diets

I don’t really agree with the Weston price foundation about their acceptance of grains, but that is another story.

Also, are you eating and drinking raw dairy? Apparently, a lot of people can tolerate a large assortment of dairy products when they are consumed raw. In the USA, we have a lot of difficulties getting raw, and when we do, they are like 3-5 times more expensive, which is real Bull Shit and a scandal of sorts. Certainly, the availability of raw dairy is gonna vary from location to location. You are in Brazil, right? Is raw dairy available in Brazil?

Quote: (10-29-2013 02:29 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

The only way I consume dairy is the way nature intended.

MidnightSpec:

Initially, I anticipated that you were gonna say that you went up to the goat and sucked the milk out of the tit, which probably would be the best.. maybe getting it from a pregnant woman would be even better, but sometimes a bit logistically problematic – and maybe even give the woman too much power over us guys.

I go to a local farm and get raw goats milk in a big half gallon glass jar. A lot of regular stores carry raw goats cheese now. Anything else is inflammatory and filled with pathogens that can negatively affect your health.

Personally, I doubt the source of the inflammation are the pathogens and is more likely the processing of the milk products by removing nutrients and the other processing of the milk by homogenizing it. Personally, I believe that it is a myth to suggest that pathogens cause inflammation as a vehicle to get us to accept that the cure for this is to allow companies to pasteurize and homogenize and to engage in the other bullshit practices of various treatments of the milk to make milk something other than its natural state.

Have your foods tested at a lab if you don't believe me.
I’m sure there are pathogens in various products, but that is really a red herring because if we get the nutrient values from foods in their natural states, then our body would be naturally able to fight off various impurities in the foods. If we are eating crap processed foods on an ongoing basis, then our bodies are less able to fight off the accumulation of toxins and pathogens and our bodies are blocked from its natural strengths.
In this regard, in nature and Paleolithic times, we likely introduced a lot of probiotics into our systems by eating unclean food and even dirt, and our bodies got benefits from the introduction of those impurities. These days, there is a certain amount of excessive attempts at cleanliness, which in the end it gonna screw us up because when we finally are exposed to pathogens and/or impurities, our bodies may NOT know how to handle it. I am NOT advocating eating waste, but I am suggesting that we need to be less worried about impurities and more willing to find food natural food sources and to focus on eating foods in their natural and whole states.

Messages In This Thread