rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I move to another country?

Should I move to another country?

-

Are you an Israeli citizen? Where can you travel to freely?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requir...i_citizens

Where would you go? What would you do?

It sounds like the only option you are considering is Belarus.

Do you want to leave Israel to escape or to find opportunities?

Don't run away from your problems.

When you go abroad to run away from your problems you are leaving while looking backwards with regret. This can result in you heading in the wrong direction and digging yourself into a bigger hole somewhere else.

Run towards opportunities.

Your situation in Israel might suck but going abroad won't necessarily improve that. IMHO you need to identify a very specific opportunity and reason why you are going abroad in the first place. You need to identify an opportunity and pursue it.

People will definitely disagree with me on this point, arguing that travel is a means and ends unto itself. While they are not wrong, I am an extremely results-oriented person who likes to do things for an explicitly defined purpose with a very specific goal in mind.

Ultimately it sounds like you have deep underlying issues that you need to confront back in Israel.

I'm not sure if an internet forum is going to give you the answers you need because none of us know your full situation - especially because this is your first post.

---

If you DO decide you want to go abroad, I'd look into something like this:

Make a list and try to be as objective as possible in making a decision.

1. Goal Setting

List the specific income goals and life experiences you want to accomplish in a 6 month or 12 month timeframe

-Reach 2K USD monthly in 6 months, 5K USD monthly in 12 months

-Date a Russian model

-Improve English/Russian/Spanish

2. Countries you're interested in going to

-Belarus

-Ukraine

-Russia

-Poland

-Colombia

-Thailand

-Philippines

There are lots of data sheets available about all of these spots on this forum.

3. Plan out a budget and backup plan

What if you fail? What if you run out of money?

You're right, $15K is not a giant cushion of savings. It's also not terrible for a 20 year old.

You mentioned that you can find uber cheap rentals in that second tier city and probably also date some hot Slavic chicks. Belarus probably has that going for it.

However, you mentioned that you are looking for new life experiences. You were born and partially raised in Belarus. I assume you also have Belorussian parents, which explains why you speak Russian today.

Is it really going to be a big life change and life experience to go to Belarus?

Is it possible you would have a more dramatic and life-changing experience by going to a place like Thailand or Colombia?

Just my two cents.

This is what I can tell you for sure though:

Don't run away from your problems.

Run towards opportunities.

-

Messages In This Thread