rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Am I wasting my time in Scandinavia?

Am I wasting my time in Scandinavia?

Quote: (04-08-2011 10:35 AM)beebopaloo Wrote:  

The point that I disagree on is that pulling Danish chicks is any different from girls in other parts of the world.

My experience is that they go for the same traits as anywhere else. Then again, it might be harder being a foreigner here, I'm not in a position to tell. I know an American dude however, who did seem to do quite well.

So to recap, it is like anywhere else, being of higher value than the girls is key, and of course you can be that in a million of ways. Usually if you're sociable, well dressed and approach enough girls, you will get laid, period.

The failure of this argument rests in its simplicity, embodied in the first sentence of this quote.

You are stating that pulling Danish chicks is no different from girls in other parts of the world. Anybody who is nuanced in the art of travel and discovery knows that the probability of this statement actually ringing true is quite low.

Cultures vary. With these variations in emphasis come differences in a multitude of societal realms-social, political, economic and yes, sexual.

Hypergamy is real the world over, and women are wired similarly across the planet. This means that in actuality, there will always be some things that are generally effective nearly anywhere you go(fame comes to mind).

While overlap exists and likely always will, it must also be noted that cultural variation will have an effect on female mate choice. Nuances will exist in different cultures that can create significant variations in the effectiveness of different male mating strategies within these respective environments. To put it simply, what works in one culture/region may not work in another...or it could work, but not to quite the same extent...or it could work just as well, but not in precisely the same way(read: different consequences).

Let's take your statement about value. You're right when you say that the key in all cases is to be high value-that advice will ring true the world over.

The wildcard companion to this notion that you omit relates to the likely differences in the way various cultures perceive "high value". Many things will remain the same: wealth, fame, fortune, height and ripped abs, etc-these can work almost anywhere.
But not all cultures emphasize the exact same traits. Some value extroversion-others are more introverted. Some value aggression, others passivity. Some are highly traditional, others more liberal. a high value individual in one culture cannot always guarantee the maintenance of such a status in another.

The sheer complexity of cultural variation and its pervasive impact on nearly all sectors of our society(including those most intimate to us) makes it highly unlikely that picking up women in your country is without some significant difference from picking up women in my own. As I said, some basic things will remain the same, but those differences can have quite a large impact on one individual's success rate(assuming they have the basics down).

If you want to continue to go with this assumption (implying that Danish women are the same as American or other women), you'd be better served by comparing and contrasting two cultures (That of Denmark and another of your choice) and showing their specific similarities as they relate to dating-this would be the best way to show conclusively that there is no discernible difference between the nuances and value systems inherent to each one, and thus no notable difference in the sexual marketplace.

Challenging the anecdotes presented by Roosh and others in this thread would also help you. I would be willing to bet, however, that such a comparative analysis(should you complete it) would yield quite a few significant differences of the kind I am speaking of, enough to convince most that things are not precisely the same at all.

Quote:Quote:

So if Anthlone thinks coming to Denmark will be better than the states, my answer is NO.

My name is Athlone. Not Anthlone, ATHlone.

As far as coming to Denmark, I won't be doing so anytime soon. I'm a broke 19 year old college student as of now, I'm not going anywhere. My argument does not stem from an immediate need for personal self gratification in light of a planned trip.

Like you, Roosh, have pointed out, if you're not doing to well on your home ground, going abroad is not really the answer.

Another highly debatable point. Once again, the answer is nuanced, and I will give an example from my own experience to illustrate this.

I'm in college right now. It is a school in the Ivy League. I don't do well here as far as girls go. I'm in my second year and while things have picked up, they haven't done so quite as much as I'd hoped.

I've had the fortune of taking a few trips back to my hometown, which is a three hour distance away by automobile. I got the chance to hang out and socialize there. I also took the time to reflect on my experiences there back in high school.

You know what I realized? I do far better with women back in that city, even amongst people there that I do not know well and didn't grow up with. I get far more eye contact and direct initiation from women, and a much larger number of them are willing to approach me and, in turn, respond favorably when I approach them. My experience with students at the nearby state university in my hometown were night and day when compared to my experience back at my school. I went from virtual radio silence with women to steady female-initiated approaches and blatant IOIs.

Do you know why this is? Cultural variation. I'm the same guy wherever I go. The differences come in the local cultural flavors I encounter in different places. At my Ivy school, the traits I offer are valued less. Even when they are valued, local cultural norms limit the likelihood of females expressing this preference openly even after you initiate contact (read: fewer indicators of interest, enhanced difficulty of approach relative to other places). It is the opposite in other parts of the country, which is why I see far superior results at the other schools I've visited and in other regions in general.

I'm not the only guy I know who actually realizes this, btw-on my campus, it is quite commonly acknowledged by a number of men who have had the chance to travel and experence different environments after being at the school for a while. Women are flakier and harder to get in this environment relative to others-travel just a couple of hours away and the difference will be noticeable.

Now, having delivered this anecdote, let us review your original claim:

Like you, Roosh, have pointed out, if you're not doing to well on your home ground, going abroad is not really the answer.

I agree with you to an extent-going abroad is not an automatic fix for every guy, as his success will depend on:

-Where he's going and how well he may fit in to that culture.
-Whether or not he has the basics down(fat slobs with bad hygiene don't do well anywhere).

That being said, you take this argument a bit further and claim definitively that migration is "not really the answer", and that is where I must disagree. For some guys, migration very well could be the answer to increased success with women, especially if they take the time to educate themselves before traveling (helping them get a better idea as to where they will fit, something we do on this forum all the time) and have the basics down (are in shape, able to socialize on a normal level, etc).

As I've noted, one can see significant results even within just one small region of one nation (my anecdote takes place entirely in the Northeastern United States). A three hour drive can make a world of difference. Men on this forum have spoken extensively of the variation between cities and how even seemingly trivial factors like size can create big differences in their ability to pick up.
The chances of such significant regional variances not being possible on a more international level are quite low, to say the least.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Messages In This Thread