rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners

Medellin almost impossible for foreigners

Quote: (07-26-2013 07:33 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I need to get my shit together because I would really like to be able to split my time between Bangkok, and somewhere in Colombia I think. 4-6 months here, 1-2 months back home in California, and 4-6 months in Colombia and just repeat it.

Enough time to put down roots and have a social circle in each place, but you leave for half the year so it takes much longer to get bored of the place, and its exciting to go back.

What's people's take on making local friends? If you speak Spanish and spend a good part of each year there, will you make many? Will they accept you as real friends, or will you always be an outsider?

I haven't been to any other country where it was easier to make REAL friends than in Colombia. Seriously, the people are the most warm and welcoming people around and a lot of fun to hang out with. Even guys will love to hang out with you and hook you up with their female friends. Thinking about this I get a bit sad about being far away...

But well, El Poblado in Medellin doesn't represent Colombia.

Messages In This Thread