rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

LA is harder to get laid than NYC?

LA is harder to get laid than NYC?

This thread is getting hung up on a marginal thread. I'm completely on Tuthmosis' side. Part of it is that most girls feel like a whore if they leave the bar early just to go home with you. I know I spelled it out somewhere, but girls 18-25 *do not* go out to get laid. They go out to have fun. Unless they're chubbies or nymphos, they go home with you usually only when all other after-party options are exhausted. Also, I don't feel like I have much of a chance if it's 12:45AM already, even though I technically have 45 minutes left. I know, that might shift if bars will open til 4. But I think Tuth's analogy of a boxing round is perfect - better they decide it early than late.

That aside...

Manhattan vs the other Boroughs & LA: LA may be just as bad in this department. Outside of the city (eg north of Bel Air, South of LAX, east of Downtown) your prospects start to decline dramatically, even though there are millions more people living in those outlying areas. Admittedly, I'm biased by my experience, but I rarely hear about people raving about anything beyond Pasadena. The Beach Cities have received very mixed reviews.

Attractiveness of the girls: Let's get one thing straight - we're here to fuck, not to ogle. We're not here to get pictures of us with hot girls so we can post them on facebook the next day and make our friends think we fucked them. The allure of 9s will wear off pretty quick when you can't touch them. Generally more 9s means it's easier to bang more attractive girls. But if the choice comes down to a city full of 8s that you can bang and a city full of 9s that you can't, guess which one wins hands down... I'm not saying that LA is one and NYC is the other - I don't know that it is. But it's what you can bang that matters.

Culture: This is pretty amorphous but... it seems like LA has the trashier version of everything New York has. New York has models and fashion shows, LA has... high end denim and Dov Charney. New York has Broadway, LA has... Hollywood. NY has top shelf restaurants, LA has... food trucks. NY has Central Park, LA has... Echo Park. NY has Ricans, LA has Mestizas.

NY has:

[Image: 09_American_psycho.jpg]

LA has:

[Image: Lessthan01st1.png]

One of the biggest factors in macking girls is how provincial the girls are, and how tight their local network is. The less provincial they are, the fewer people they're still hanging out with from college and high school, the easier it is to mack. I went to a shitty house party in OC recently, and most of the people knew each other from god damn high school. There was also a solid 8.5-9, blonde, thin, tall, dating a fairly average dude. This sort of thing happens when social circles are the main barrier to entry. NY will have the edge here, provided the girl is not some NY JAP or something.

"I think any time we say "Day Game" is vital to the success in a place is just code talk for the nightlife in that city sucks beyond belief."

100%.

Quote:Quote:

I think the panning of Mexican girls is going a bit overboard. I wouldn't say their general attractiveness level is below average. Yes it will be if you are in the poor parts of east LA. But the ones who mingle in Hollywood or the West Side are no more likely to be unattractive than any other type of woman. Go to Staples Center during a Laker game and tell me you don't see tons of cute Mexican girls.

Lol and you posted a pic of paid beer reps... whose sole job is to look hot. (I had a roommate briefly who did this, she was hot.) I'd be impressed if you could find representative photos anywhere near as consistently attractive, with girls who aren't cherry picked.

Here are some photos I pulled of high schoolers (google photo search of 'los angeles high school student photo'). This is not to ogle over, just to give you a sense of what they look like. For whatever reason, it's okay to say that Bolivian chicks are ugly, but it's not PC to say that if those same Bolivian chicks moved to LA...

I linked most of these because the pics are huge.

[Image: lisamural.jpg]
http://roozt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads...gp2625.jpg
http://bigpicturela.org/wp-content/uploa...G_1441.jpg
http://theheartproject.org/blog/wp-conte...s-ccb1.jpg
http://blogs.kusp.org/education/files/20...G_1377.jpg
http://latino963.com/wp-content/uploads/...CN2768.jpg
(4th from left is a cutie)

Compare to something like this.

I do know a guy who is Latino, and he swears up and down there are cute Latina girls, in places like Montebello; the middle class ones apparently don't stick around here. That may be 100% true, but I'm talking about the city of LA, including the Westside. You'll also find some educated, middle to upper class Latinas around sometimes, I've banged a couple.

While Latinos may comprise half the city's population, including the mayor, psychologically speaking, Latinos are about 5% of the population in the minds of (predominantly middle-upper class) whites in LA. Sort of how like whites in LA will tell you that 'no one' takes the bus, because the eclectic mix of poor, senile, retarded and traveling European people don't really figure as people in their mind. All this shit is the stuff you're not even supposed to notice or consciously think - you're supposed to stay in your own bubble and not notice.

Honestly, I've never felt the desire to live in NYC. I've spent a few days here and there there. People are packed in pretty tight, and you're constantly surrounded by riff-raff when you aren't in LA, unless you're broke. (NY people thinks this makes them hard, uh, no. And who gives a fuck? You wouldn't subject yourself to that shit if you didn't have to.)

Messages In This Thread