rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Diet supplement: sprouted legumes

Diet supplement: sprouted legumes

There is some evidence on Pubmed, if you want to look it up, of combination soaking and then pressure cooking lentils to destroy nearly 100% of the phytate and lectin content. They didn't measure for saponins, but I suspect they're significantly reduced from the pressure cooking as well. This is without sprouting.

I'm also on the Paleo diet and after eliminating lectin containing foods and dairy I eliminated my (severe) acne and seasonal allergies. However, I've been slowly reintroducing "safe" foods over the last 7 years of being on the diet. The next step is to get a pressure cooker and see if lentils agree with me. Rice and potatoes have been back in my diet for a long time. I'm looking forward to a way to introduce a cheap protein source, because eating only meat to get 200+ grams of protein per day is expensive. I'd rather direct that money somewhere else.

Messages In This Thread