rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brutal Bronx Bodega Stabbing Triggers Moral Dilemna

Brutal Bronx Bodega Stabbing Triggers Moral Dilemna

I know some people are citing the enormity of the crime and its subsequent publicity as having a potentially damning impact on the image of the city, but I'm not too high on that theory. For one thing, the borough of the city where this happened (Bronx) has higher crime than much of the rest of the city, including the specific neighborhood where this occurred. The stabbing happened in the southern section of Belmont, which happens to be the same neighborhood where Fordham University and the "Little Italy" of Arthur Ave. are located. And compared to the precincts and neighborhoods to the south, Belmont isn't so bad in terms of incidents. Of course, considering what the motives of these guys were, this could have happened anywhere with significant gang activity (so most of the Bronx basically).

My point is that even though this whole thing is terrible, it's not like this crime happened against a tourist or transplant in Soho. If that were the case then you can bet this would be higher profile and the city government would bend over backwards in response (like it always does for tourists and transplants). This isn't the New York of the 90's anymore.

Messages In This Thread