rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone in Chang Mai?

Anyone in Chang Mai?

Quote: (06-20-2017 10:52 PM)worldtraveler3 Wrote:  

I stayed in Chiangmai for 3 weeks 2 years ago. It was pure curiosity of the digital nomad scene that drove to to check out the place. I am not a big fan of the city and found it abit boring after awhile and much prefer d Bkk. There are some hiking to do, and some cheap gyms, food, etc, but any of those you could get in any other mid sized SEA city, be it da nang, Saigon, Cebu etc..

So why do people go there? Because it's cheaper even than those cities above ( that's the main reason), and the secondary reason being there are some Internet cafes.

With regards to the digital nomad scene:
It can be scammy sometimes but not all. I have met guys who are trying to create something legit online, but I also met guys who are trying to sell $1000 dollar "how to make money" courses. To me anything that is selling "how" to make money is a scam, whether or not it is " value adding" as advertised.

There are some (many) people who are living there due to it being cheap. So they are not living the "digital nomad high life " as advertised. They are not partying the night away, popping champagne and enjoying the sun, banging chicks everynight with their cash. Instead most are living a frugal life. So I think people are mislead there, as a lot of the advertising seem to market the cool, hip dude who's good with girls, making money online, being your boss etc... Most are trying to be as cost effective as possible.

In terms of the social side, I found the people to be quite cliquish. Everyone is concerned about their own online hustles. You are better off making friends from climbing Mount Everest ( there is real camaraderie/ bond formed there). And I found some to be too much " me against the society types" even though they themselves are judgemental. There are some cool dudes out there ( check out cs on Tuesdays) but they seem to be in the minority and are there short term. Hence I think the scene would suit a more introverted person.

I'm here now. What is "cs"?

Messages In This Thread