rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best games with medium stimulation to play with friends

Best games with medium stimulation to play with friends

Quote: (12-26-2016 05:01 PM)D.C. Eagle Wrote:  

My friends and I have always turned to two different games. We either play Golden Eye on the Wii or the Risk board game. Risk is the more competitive for us, especially when it comes down to breaking alliances. You can get a cheap copy of the game from Target or Walmart that comes in a nice wooden carrying case. We take it with us on every road trip, camping trip and everybody has a copy at their house.

Risk is a lot of fun, but games can run 12 hours play time. Also, some players get knocked out early. Finally, the knock down drag out battles at the end of the game with huge numbers of armies aren't much fun for the losing players. It's stressful to spend 12 hours building your armies and defenses, then have the ground to dust in a final, brutal slugfest.

I like Settlers of Cataan a lot. It can be played in 60 to 90 minutes, so even if you lose, its easy to feel light hearted about it. I'd like to try other board games along the same lines.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Messages In This Thread