rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Linux Thread

The Linux Thread

Quote: (12-04-2016 11:11 PM)Simon Mcozelean Wrote:  

It is clear that in order get companies to do what we want, we must stop giving money to them. Microsoft is no different. Unless you are a video editor, or a game developer, you should not be using Windows.

You don't have DIY things to get companies to do what you want. Microsoft is changing because of iOS and Google, not because people using open source Linux.

I've used Linux as a parallel system on my Chromebook so I could use Skype (Ubuntu I think). It's not that intuitive. I appreciate people who use it, I think it's awesome, and I worked at a big company that wrote a lot of software with it for POS and transaction systems...but Microsoft is thinking about Google and iOS, not nerds who use Linux.

I'm pretty nerdy (used to root my own Android and install Linux on PC), and even I don't find it terribly intuitive.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Messages In This Thread