Roosh V Forum
Wife Hunting Abroad - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Wife Hunting Abroad (/thread-50002.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Wife Hunting Abroad - rw95 - 02-12-2016

Quote: (02-12-2016 10:36 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Quote: (02-12-2016 10:30 AM)Kaizen Wrote:  

13 pages into this thread...and I'm just wondering if anyone can cite a single example of a man that went abroad with the sole purpose of finding a wife and was successful.

It's something I am considering, but I wonder if it's a pipe dream given the inherent obstacles.

And am I the only one who noticed that everyone here stopped talking about LTRs and wife hunting since the turn of the year?

I could be wrong, but it's possible a lot of the focus now is on the 2016 election.

Wife Hunting Abroad - nampa1234 - 02-12-2016

Quote: (08-26-2015 01:11 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Age trolling is the new race trolling and we really need to ease up on it. I'll be the first to say that if you are older than college age, trying to meet college girls on a college campus in the United States can be a struggle. Giovanny, who is older than me, has proven that a guy in his thirties or forties can get quality girls on U.S. colege campuses, but I also understand that he does a lot of approaches to get those results. Beyond that, if you are doing it right and aren't eighty years old or anything, your age should either be a help or shouldn't matter either way. Remember, when I was eighteen, guys were leaner, more masculine, more social, and had higher testosterone. A case can definitely be made that there is much less competition now and things have gotten easier for me with age. Likewise, for guys who are eighteen now, other guys will be even less competition. I'm just not seeing this age problem. The Mexico cakewalk posts, the Miami failure stories, and this age thing are the things I have the hardest time comprehending.

Dudes got to do what he's got to do. I live in a decent sized but post industrial hole. The only women from lack of jobs if nothing else, are college girls. Definitely helps if they're foreign. In fact, if they weren't foreign (seems to be the new income stream for the scam deans), I don't think I would be successful.

Wife Hunting Abroad - 262 - 02-13-2016

Quote: (02-12-2016 01:52 PM)rw95 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-12-2016 10:36 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

13 pages into this thread...and I'm just wondering if anyone can cite a single example of a man that went abroad with the sole purpose of finding a wife and was successful.

It's something I am considering, but I wonder if it's a pipe dream given the inherent obstacles.

And am I the only one who noticed that everyone here stopped talking about LTRs and wife hunting since the turn of the year?

I could be wrong, but it's possible a lot of the focus now is on the 2016 election.

Nah, my guess is this happens every year like clockwork, just like WIA said.

As the days get longer and the weather gets warmer, guys and girls stop thinking about hibernating with an LTR.

@Kaizen - Oh, and here's an example of a guy that went (and stayed) abroad and found a wife: http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com/about.html He used to be on the forum. He didn't go there for the wife though:

Quote:Quote:

My original plan was to travel to Thailand for a year to get away from it all, relax, and get to know myself again sans stress. I've lived here 18+ years now, I'm married, and have two children. What does that tell you about the best laid plans?

Wife Hunting Abroad - Tytalus - 02-13-2016

Part of the problem is the forum... Go to http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com, a vbb forum for men going to Russia and the Former Soviet Union (FSU). Lots of discussion there on the culture, language and logistics. Some guys wanting to go there are blue pill, but the vets on that forum have a clue and are at least somewhat red pill and realistic.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Dantes - 02-14-2016

Kaizen brings up a good point. As we collectively get older, more of us will be looking for something long-term. Several countries have been discussed here as sweet spots. However, we have yet to hear of someone who has actually been successful in this pursuit.

As for my experience the following countries are viable:

Russia
Ukraine
Colombia
Brazil
Romania

Each has its own unique advantages and disadvantages . I plan to write up a more detailed analysis on each.

The biggest obstacles for most is having enough time to settle into one of these locations. One to two weeks just doesn't cut it for this purpose.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Kamaki4 - 02-15-2016

Wasn't planning on mentioning it, but since it's been brought up in a few posts, I recently married a Thai girl. Seemingly one of the best decisions I have ever made. Was expecting a slight drop off after marriage, but to my surprise she is taking even better care of me now even though she was nothing short of fantastic before. I should mention that I wasn't asked to, nor did I pay sin sot (dowry). I also didn't originally move to Thailand to get married, quite the opposite in fact.

Wife Hunting Abroad - samsamsam - 02-15-2016

Quote: (02-15-2016 12:59 AM)Kamaki4 Wrote:  

Wasn't planning on mentioning it, but since it's been brought up in a few posts, I recently married a Thai girl. Seemingly one of the best decisions I have ever made. Was expecting a slight drop off after marriage, but to my surprise she is taking even better care of me now even though she was nothing short of fantastic before. I should mention that I wasn't asked to, nor did I pay sin sot (dowry). I also didn't originally move to Thailand to get married, quite the opposite in fact.

Would love to hear more. Thanks for sharing.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Travesty - 02-18-2016

Went to Guadalajara, Mexico for a long weekend recently.

I was not a fan of GDL as a city, it is much like someone airlifted lots of East Los Angeles with nice pockets and some gated communities (Zapopan) thrown in. I am a pretty big L.A. hater. I don't like clear sunny heat everyday, and sprawling city with little greenery and lots of low rise concrete. The night life is also spread out. So off the bat I could never see visiting here a lot or staying longer term to find a girl. I saw maybe five attractive women walking around during the day. I pointed to one out of shock (8.5) to my friend from the back seat of an Uber while she was at the crosswalk in centro, she caught me pointing and flipped me off. I don't like that feeling it kills my motivation. I don't want to be relegated to a few night venues certain nights of the week. I liked being in Colombia looking out the Uber window biting my fist from seeing what walked by.

The only reasonable comparison of Tapatias I can personally make is to Paisas and Rolas.

Tapatias aren't nearly as cute on average. More fatties, way more. They don't have as feminine or sexy of style as Colombianas. Their accent isn't sexy compared to Colombianas either. They are very homogenous in looks. They also can't dance nearly as well on average. Much of the nightlife plays bad American club music that is blasted way too loud. I saw multiple twerkings. There are some major knockouts. This doesn't really seem to matter because there is more male competition in Mexico vs. Colombia it seems with a bigger lifting culture and more good looking guys in general. About 90%+ of groups with 3 or more girls had fatties in them or mostly fatties. Good looking girls here really know they are good looking.

I personally got zero extra credit for being American, white, tall, in good shape, custom suited, or being able to speak basic conversational Spanish. With the girls I approached or met I don't think I genuinely laughed or smiled it was all charm gestures, and many of them could speak pretty good English. With most of the Colombianas I met including ones that spoke zero English I was laughing and smiling all the time. I saw maybe 8 foreigners total the entire time I was there. Only 2 others during nightlife. I was told I had balls for being there a few times and that GDL was a little bit dangerous for me by multiple different locals.

Tapatias seem very practical, a bit cold and reserved. I equate them to German chicks with a sprinkling of Latina on top except Germans are more amusing because of the cartoonish accent.

I did bang when I was there. She made me tacos, quesadillas, and guacamole. Her body was nice and curvy, attractive face. She was a bit older though late 20s. She toured me around a little bit. Still wouldn't call her back, didn't like her cold, reserved, matriarchial like personality. My friend came with that has family in GDL. His tia had this same attitude, so does his mom back in the states. Other girls I met or hit on also seemed to have the same attitude and my friend commented on it. The only nice girls seemed to be fat - also boring personalities though (I got SIF'd on a date so I experienced this firsthand). I was to meet a different CouchSurfer chick and her friends at a bar. I get there and text her I am there (it is a smallish college hipster bar - El Rey) at a spot in the bar that is unmistakable. She simply texts back "where?" I text back even more plainly. She doesn't respond. I finally spot her getting hit on by 3 tall hipster very whitish side mixed Mexican guy friends or new guys with her laughing and getting all the attention. I said fuck it to my friend we hit on some other girls at the other side of the bar that weren't receptive to us being American or it being my friend's birthday and we left to a different venue.

I know this sounds like sour grapes - if you think this your mom is a hoe! I went out custom suited down, in the best shape of my life, with high spirits being with one of my best friends who is Mex-American. I kept positive the entire trip. I didn't feel it at all.

Here is an example that tells the entire story. I was custom suited down at Lola Lolitas at the circle center table. A Mexican local approaches asks where I am from because he lived in Arizona before for work. He is with his prima and her 3 other female friends he introduces us. They gave me cold polite handshakes then wanted nothing to do with me even though the primo approached me first. I also got approached by the fattest girl ever to approach me, short hair, dorky glasses, said she would teach me Spanish. I laughed it off, this place was straight Freddy Kreuger for me though. Couldn't dream of that happening in Colombia or SoCal.

I would write Don't Bang GDL.

It was literally a L for me on every level vs. Colombia except the food and weather if you are into completely sunny clear hot dry days.

I really did enjoy the trip because I got to hang out with my friend and go out all over the city. Wouldn't return though ever.

Onto the next Mexican destination it is a big country afterall.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Apollo21 - 02-18-2016

I've been to GDL. If you just go out looking to game girls it's pretty bad...I mean really really bad.

When I visited, I actually was visiting a girl who lived there that I dated in Germany.
I stayed with her family so I got to see what happens when you have great social circle.

She had lots of (girl)friends and when they party they mostly have large parties at home.
They don't go out to a bar. It was pretty awesome. However if I were just visiting and didn't know many people
I'd probably have the same experiences that you did.

We went all over GDL day and night. It's terrible for day game and night game.
However it's amazing if you get invited into people's homes and drink tequila/party
with them on a Saturday night...

Going to throw this out there, you're black right? It seems clear on this board and from my black friends you guys get a +1 at least in Germany and Mexico. Could be that. The girls even after getting to know me on dates or CouchSurfing outings were still reserved and a bit cold without good senses of humor.

I knew GDL from a practical perspective probably wouldn't match me I was hoping that the girls' personality factor would make up for it. I can clearly see why they may be more loyal and being good housewives, but I couldn't see how they make good daily companions. Maybe I got a bunch of bad apples in a row. Who knows.

At this point I'd rather dig for a gem in the abundance of Colombia, I have a lot more ground to cover in Mexico though.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Apollo21 - 02-18-2016

That's right. I'm a brother. I did enjoy some attention while I was there. However it's so spread out
that despite the 1.4 million + population you've got to have a serious social circle to find talent.

I've been there though...sometimes you just don't vibe with a particular town. It happens.
Colombia though sounds like a goldmine. You might try messaging girls directly on Facebook.

I told a buddy of mine about this. He wanted to find an Orthodox Christian girl who speaks greek looking to get married.
Facebook allows you to find people based on exact interests. Many of these girls in foreign countries are more responsive
on Facebook than in America. He's setup quite a few dates actually and gotten some good responses.
Colombia might be a good opportunity to try this out...

Great tip thanks I usually shy away from social media.

Catholic dating sites for Mexico were limited and shit from my epxerience if anyone can chime in on that.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Onto - 02-18-2016

Travesty, I remember someone saying on the forum there are some cities in Northern Mexico that have women of better temperament, but I can't remember where.

I think you do need to break into a social circle of some kind to not only get access to hotter women, but also for them to be warm to you. I was in an LTR with a girl from Mexico City and we visited her friends and family there a number of times. Her family was not rich, but her brother married a girl from a very wealthy family, and I mean very wealthy. We went to their wedding and spent some time with them. While the women in that social circle were very hot and very friendly, I did get the sense they could be very cold to outsiders, both the men and women. As much as they felt compelled to be on their best behavior with me, I could sense some unease underneath. My girl was great though. Probably the best marriage material woman I've ever met (personality-wise), and I'm pretty picky in that department.

I know the good cities from asking questions and reading here. Some are dangerous for whitey.

First thing is actually enjoying the city so you want to spend time there.

I am fine with spending time to break into a social circle if I like the city. Also though I did have a family introduction to a wealthy family and a poorer family in GDL to make a comparison. Dinner out at a nice seafood restaurant, tequila, and dessert bought for me by the alpha dad etc...

Who was the nicest coolest one at the dinner? The novio of the prima from Venezuela originally that moved from Monterrey.

The prima, the tia, the CouchSurfing girls I met, the online date, the girls out in nightlife. I didn't see any sparkling personalities no matter the context. Colombia I met cash register and food counter girls making me laugh and smile.

I think in general I just didn't jive with the locals there - the dude that approached me from Lola Lolita's was also kind of off beat.

To really think of it my Mex American friend I went with his parents are from Zacatecas. He himself has a cool reserved demeanor. Like you would never catch him shouting out in excitement. I can tolerate that level of stoicism in a guy friend. He also has a good dry sense of humor. Can't deal with that shit when it comes to chicks. I'd want to walk out of the door immediately now matter how loyal she was or how many 10/10 tacos she makes. That is the opposite of bubbly femininity.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Onto - 02-18-2016

^Ahhhhh....Travesty that is a really great description and I never thought of it before. When I think back, my Mexican ltr was much more calm and reserved then my Colombiana ltr. I just chalked up to the Colombiana being a bit loquita, which she very much was. She would talk about imaginary friends and shit. Half the time I didn't know if she was kidding or being serious.

I actually like a more reserved woman, which might be why I preferred the Mexican.

Well, I'm glad we got to the bottom of that. [Image: smile.gif]

If I get a reserved chick why not just buy a sexbot that cooks? I like women to be more excitable than I am. That's how see I see it. I am a little loco and prone to some outbursts once in awhile myself so we will see.

I felt like dating a Mexican chick could be like dating your mom in a way. A passive matriarch attitude in that cool no nonsense reservedness.

Wife Hunting Abroad - jackson.henley - 02-18-2016

Quote: (02-18-2016 07:56 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

The only nice girls seemed to be fat

Pretty much the case in all of North America and Europe. The sad state of affairs in the West 2016.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Dantes - 02-19-2016

I am scouting cities in in Western Europe for a longer stay. Western Europe is underrated. The girls are not as hot at in EE, but I find that I connect wth them better. More to come..

Wife Hunting Abroad - 262 - 02-19-2016

^^^
I do find Poland and Polish girls to be a decent balance between the FSU and the West.

Polish girls are good for the younger player. The older player should hit other destinations.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Bushido - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-15-2016 12:59 AM)Kamaki4 Wrote:  

Congrats man. Wish you guys all the best.

Where did you meet her? You say you weren't looking for a wife so how did it go down? You stumbled upon a solid chick or what? I would love to hear more. PM me if you'd rather keep it private.

Here in Bangkok I must say that it's pretty hard-going in terms of LTR material (let alone wives!), although I imagine it's a completely different story in other parts of the country.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Brosemite - 02-19-2016

Quote: (02-18-2016 10:45 PM)jackson.henley Wrote:  

Quote: (02-18-2016 07:56 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

The only nice girls seemed to be fat

Pretty much the case in all of North America and Europe. The sad state of affairs in the West 2016.

Not the case in North America...where a lot of fat girls are mean, snarky, and very proud of their "clever" one liners...yet heavily pursued by thirsty males...

Wife Hunting Abroad - Lian - 02-19-2016

I recently got back from two weeks in Rio, and despite my very limited experience, at the request of the OP I'll post my thoughts here as to why I didn't get the impression Brazil is a good place to find a wife, and I moved on quicker than I anticipated (had a one-way ticket and the option to stay significantly longer)...

Keeping in mind I spoke zero Portuguese, my experience echoes much of what was expressed in this thread a few years ago by its OP and others, "Everything I thought about Brazil is not true" thread-14048.html

While I had an amazing time, did the craziest partying of my life during Carnival and had, er, experience with a number of attractive girls including Brazilians, despite being overwhelmed by the physical beauty of a lot of them, I was disappointed overall from the perspective of looking for a high quality LTR:

-I am not a fan of tattoos on girls. I think it's slutty, and one of the most reliable indicators of short-term oriented behavior there is. Never in my life have I seen more of it than in Brazil, my gosh, I found myself literally jaw-dropped. It didn't matter how attractive the girl was, so so many had them, and I don't mean cute little butterflies on ankles. One girl had two massive cherries spanning the entirety of her leg. Cherries! And they were attached to a shoot like 8> .. what the hell could the significance of this be? Was this supposed to be a huge schlong?! At one point I wondered whether they were going in and choosing from a menu, like ordering at McDonald's. I'll take the Kyoto Yakuza on the left bicep and the Aladdin Lamp on the abdomen. Oh and draw a pineapple in between my tits please, I haven't eaten one of those in a while.

-Night after night I stood in line for large, high-class venues and then interacted with some of the hottest girls I have ever seen in my life, no joke. Except after a few times meeting hot girls from different groups during the day who were all going to that same place later and then paying what I thought were crazy covers for Brazil, it seemed that most of the 8-10s of the entire city would go to that one venue on a given night. So sheer numbers, sure, but percentage wise overall I became very skeptical.

From that thread...

Quote:Quote:

Why on hell are you going to brazil if you prefer "white girls"??? In fact you first should read and encyclopedia and understand the mediocre (brown) girls are by far the majority in brazil, and chances are the big majority of white ones arent even that white, at least not by european standards, if you like like white girls: europe, asian girls: asia, black girls ;africa, mixed girls: latin america.

Brazil and latin america are good places if you like mixed looking women, mulatas or amerindian admixed.

Going to a place to game women who are highly prized is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, like gaming white women (especially blondes and redheads) in latin america, arab countries or mediterranean europe, where they are highly desired by local men.

-The hottest girls I saw were mixed white, mostly-white, or white. Next up: moving from southern to northern Florida for improved chances of snow!

-Again echoing that thread, never have I struck out harder in my life. I felt like a bull running in a glass house, and I talked to many people and girls. This isn't my style as I'm far from monkey approach man and I'm selective with whom I talk to, but night after night things snowballed downhill. These days I don't value girls at clubs and I think most on this thread won't, but I think it's noteworthy.

-Virgin? Uh... *looks off in the distance.* Carnival just may be “the anniversary of when I lost my virginity... at twelve.” Joking aside, my feeling is chastity is not a widespread virtue there.

-Feminism seems to have reared its ugly head, probably not as bad as other places, but it was noticeable and I can point to concrete experiences. However, this could be because the girls I'm basing this on understood English and thus would have been exposed to more poisonous ideas.

-I would not want to spend the time and effort to learn Portuguese, when in all my years of traveling I've encountered almost no use for it, just to live in Brazil “one day” and meet a Brazilian girl. While I know there are a great many things to see and do in Brazil, I could not see myself living there for several reasons.

Perhaps my experience can be chalked up to some combination of:
1) Only stayed in one (major) city
2) Zero Portuguese
3) Dates encompassing/surrounding Carnival

However, I was recently in Mexico City (major city) for example, and had no problem whatsoever despite my severely limited Spanish with Google Translate. Overall I found people not just girls warm and fun, and the culture accessible and welcoming. People didn't seem to be in one of two extremes itching to leave Mexico or up in the elite social stratosphere. People had cars, and jobs, sometimes great jobs. Ambitious, curious about the world, experiences to share. I actually booked my ticket from Rio back to Mexico City.

Again from that thread, in 2012...
Quote: (07-03-2012 06:28 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Brazil seems to be turning into a "second tier only" kind of spot. If I went today I would probably skip Rio or SP.

If people are saying that in 2012, and the forum is at least divided if not in agreement that even in the US quality women can be found in lower-tier cities, then I have to ask, what's the point?

As an example ya'll will be interested in, I did do quite well at one venue with one of the most recent Miss Brazil finalists who was to be absolutely sure one of the top three hottest girls I saw the whole trip. We were talking for a solid 10 or 15, she had a large posse of girls including her hot cousin who all encouraged it as well. I almost got her out for a drink the next day but the interaction ultimately went flat, and after prying I learned it was because I was only there for a short period and she was also heading back soon to wherever in Brazil. So again, the combination of short time + possible perception of being a sex tourist + no Portuguese and thus perception of no interest in the culture, could be more detrimental than I'm giving it credit.

Then again, "Miss Brazil Finalist" does not a quality-mother-of-my-kids make.

Overall, I'm not writing it off entirely; I did have an invaluable experience there, and I did wonder throughout what it would have been like with fluent Portuguese as that was certainly a hindrance. But as my personal travel these days is mostly related to what we're talking about in this thread, I did not hesitate for too long before booking my ticket out.

Hope this helps.

Wife Hunting Abroad - Travesty - 02-19-2016

Nice description thanks.

I think you know that Rio is an international top party city, during Carnival, with no Portugese is not an approach I would expect would work in the slightest.

I do find the tattoos, and the fact there is only a small pocket of very hot women that hang out at certain night venues on certain nights valuable. Especially for Rio during Carnival where you would think you would see hot girls coming in from all over the country pumping up the average.

I think someone that has visited or lived in Belo Horizonte that spoke at least basic conversational Portugese would have a much better picture of what Brazilian LTR material may look like.

My close friend that lived in Brazil for over 4 years in Rio said the most LTR chicks he met there were from BH and this matches the forum consensus that I have read.

However I hear BH is a very boring city which is a shame.

If I give up on Mexico my next stop would most likely be BH to check it out for myself.

I am very interested in your take that Mexico City has warm friendly people. I thought they would be more cold shouldered than Guadalajara. Maybe not because people are *too* tied to their social circles.

All this said I am heavily thinking about moving to the best U.S. Tier 2 or Tier 3 city possible while I use my off time to keep exploring abroad - at least until I can work remotely and use that same U.S. city as my home base for the off chance I get lucky.

California has 70%+ divorce rate and pretty intense male competition, high COL for raising a family.

The successful relationship guys I have seen here are white guys that marry foreign born Asian (usually only okay looking) and Asian couples that either have very high income or live in very cookie cutter bland long commute time suburbs (would be hell for me personally).

Lian

You might have a different experience in Rio when Carnaval is not happening. I am not a fan of Carnaval. I cosign the abundance of tattoos but this is not a new trend in Rio. I observed this ten years ago. Rio is one of my favorite cities but perhaps not the best for LTR. There are better cities in Brazil if you are looking for LTR. Rio is a party culture and it is been invaded by Gringos heavily for the last 15-20 years.