Roosh V Forum
My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread (/thread-38463.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - TheMusketeer - 11-07-2014

Quote: (11-07-2014 10:48 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I had a plan to work at a hostel in Budapest..there was one near my apartment.. I didn't need the money..or a room..just wanted it for the socialaspect..
I guessed they were suspect out knew my plan..

Problem with that is you have to work, you're better off just going there to hang out every so often

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Flirt Reynolds - 11-07-2014

Is the 'party island' back open yet in Budapest? When i went a couple of years ago it was open but it was closed when i went a few months ago.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Metzer - 11-07-2014

From what i heard last time i was there, the mafia owners of the major bars/clubs there were in jail. So i doubt that island will reopen anytime in the near future.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Flirt Reynolds - 11-07-2014

I heard a similar story, its strange how they shut down the whole island though, there must have been 6 or 7 clubs there when i went. The mafioso must have really been running the show out there.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - malakaix - 11-07-2014

deleted.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 11-09-2014

Maybe it was partially a personal problem.
I was a little to forward with information that I really wasn't trying to work.. I just wanted to loiter.
At the same time.. I didn't feel comfortable loitering there all the time.

When I was in Italy though.
I came into a hostel in the morning..when only the two girls were there.
I ended up.."pretending" to work the counter and ended up banging one of the girls.
So i can agree.. I had a blast for a couple days..looking at all the upcoming guest. and messing with the current guest.

I've kinda wondered how profitable part hostel is. I've got a couple friends in the business that claim its not as great as it seems.
All the benefits come from the social aspect..not the money.
A friend of mine runs one in Berlin. He claims it doesn't make much..just breaking even

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Americas - 11-09-2014

The only good money in hostels is if you establish a brand and have a chain going on. Something like Che Legarto here in South America.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sidney Crosby - 11-09-2014

The pay would probably be best working in an Australian hostel, plus there is usually a steady steam of girls/girl groups and if you work in the hostel it kind of puts you at an advantage over all the thirsty English men.

I know some places it was something like 10 hours a week pays for your room and anything over that is $20ish an hour. There were a few places that only really had Australians working there and they lived off site though.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - malakaix - 11-10-2014

Quote: (11-09-2014 12:59 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I've kinda wondered how profitable part hostel is. I've got a couple friends in the business that claim its not as great as it seems.
All the benefits come from the social aspect..not the money.
A friend of mine runs one in Berlin. He claims it doesn't make much..just breaking even

I think your friends are correct.. unless the hostel is part of a chain business across multiple countries where they can afford massive property there probably not making much money.

That said, i would still be interested in pursuing a hostel business as a social enterprise. If you do find a country/city you really click with and enjoy, and actually enjoy the hostel environment and run your own business.. then even if your only making a small amount of profit.. your still benefiting from everything else. Most owners i met (granted i did work in a lot of smaller hostels) were running it more out of a lifestyle choice then for big profit.. because there's not much money in that business.

I think most hostel owners are renting the property also, so a large chunk of money is going to the rent each month.. but i imagine the ones who also own the property themselves are probably seeing better returns.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - veeRob - 01-02-2015

Is this thread dead forever now? :/

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Nemausus - 01-02-2015

Quote: (01-02-2015 08:07 AM)veeRob Wrote:  

There is a more recent thread with updates from a few of us who are living in BP:

Budapest Relocation Journal

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 01-02-2015

Veerob. I moved out of Budapest at the end of August. So, it's in not really giving personal day top day updates.
But you're free to pm me if you need anything

Quote: (01-02-2015 11:31 AM)Nemausus Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2015 08:07 AM)veeRob Wrote:  

There is a more recent thread with updates from a few of us who are living in BP:

Budapest Relocation Journal

Awesome, thanks. I'm an on and off resident and was told about this thread by someone in Szimpla, so I've been lurking for awhile. [Image: smile.gif]

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 01-02-2015

Thats actually pretty interesting.
I wonder if it was a forum member or a lurker

Quote: (01-02-2015 02:18 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Thats actually pretty interesting.
I wonder if it was a forum member or a lurker

I wish I was better with names. It was a small group of guys that watched me pick up a Hungarian girl and insisted I was PUA. It's been years for me since I was in the game, so they told me about this forum. Nice guys, whoever it was...

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 01-03-2015

Were they Hungarian? That's pretty cool that the reach of the that might go beyond forum members. There are dudes out there learning.

But almost no one here would use the term pua

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - vanryan - 01-04-2015

that would be me, rob. i don't remember using the term 'pua' but maybe i did. don't remember mentioning this forum either haha

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - veeRob - 01-04-2015

Quote: (01-04-2015 06:38 PM)vanryan Wrote:  

that would be me, rob. i don't remember using the term 'pua' but maybe i did. don't remember mentioning this forum either haha

I think I actually mixed up two different nights in my head. I remember now that wasn't you that told me about the forum, I think that was some other guys. But I do remember I won you a bet somehow. [Image: smile.gif]

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - americanInEurope - 01-09-2015

I'll be in Budapest starting tomorrow. I've got a few things pipelined but otherwise will be running solo. Anybody there want to link up PM me. Happy hunting.

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 01-11-2015

I had a good laugh..
I stumbled upon this forum called happier abroad and found out I was getting shit on
Direct link to thread

I kinda feel hurt..haha
[Image: Jal5VTR.png]

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 01-19-2015

With the news I head about Swiss deflation or something.
I checked the Hungarian forint to the dollars.

ITs currently 276Hug to 1 dollar.
aka.. about 25 percent increase, considering I was converting about 220Huf a couple months ago

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - TonySandos - 01-19-2015

"Average hungarian girl is a little tan.. I wouldnt put her at caramel but a shade before it.
About 5'5
B cup tits.
Her torso will probably be longer than her legs.
Ive noticed this across the board that hungarians dont seem to have very long legs.
They have short legs that come into thick meaty asses."

"While some countries have small really thin cut jaw lines.
I find hungarians have wide thick jaws.
High wide cheek bones."

"Now of course..the average hungarian girl doesnt look like this.
But focus on the wide boxy jawline and high cheeks.

The range of color in Hungary is wide also.
Ive banged blond hungarian girls all the way up to hungarian girls that are a few shades lighter than say..and indian."

This is a highly accurate description of many members of my family on my mom's side, so I can verify the validity of this.

"I havent decided if the strong legs are natural or all from walking"

I don't know if the strength itself is hereditary, but I can say that the leg size is. That's another noticeable trait in my family. I even had that gene affect me as I have thick legs(nohomo) and strong running performances in school.

I haven't checked the whole thread yet(sorry), but how much longer do you plan on staying and how well is your money supply doing? Did you find employment if that was a consideration?

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Mentavious - 01-20-2015

How is Budapest in the late winter?

Worth a trip?

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Buddha - 01-20-2015

Quote: (01-20-2015 02:07 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

How is Budapest in the late winter?

Worth a trip?

Avoid Budapest during the months of December & January.

1) Early-Mid December is exam time so students 18-25 are stressed the fuck out and stay in. Nightlife is full of older women...accompanied by thirsty sausage (both local & foreign)

2) X-mas is a big deal here filled with family, relative, and friend visits. Most girls will retreat to their homes and rarely go out. If they do, they do so in large groups and usually avoid clubs. Doesn't help that hordes of foreign men using their office vacations will descend upon Budapest to fuck up nightlife ratios right up till NYE.

3) Exams start back up in the first week of January!...It lasts till Mid-January. Final 2 weeks of January are dedicated to students who failed their exams. Those who passed their exams and live outside of Budapest will go to their family homes until beginning of February. (like the cute village girl I brought home from an epic party at Urimuri)

In short, Budapest is great from February onwards! AirBnB prices will still be low up until late April.

I heard that Summer here is great. I was playing around with different options (Serbia) but now I am planning to stay here for the festivals. I am also gaining traction with higher quality Hungarian girls now that I figured out the city and their mindset.

I am slowly working on expanding my social circle connnections in Budapest as well.

I'll be here so let me know if you roll in. I am always down to party together. [Image: banana.gif]

My Life in Budapest- Sourcecode's Budapest Thread - Sourcecode - 02-10-2015

Im considering making a trip back to Budapest in April.
How many people are still in the city? Or plan to go back.

Seems like the Budapest hype has died down a little