Roosh V Forum
The Kanye West thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Kanye West thread (/thread-29778.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

The Kanye West thread - PrimeTime32 - 05-02-2018

What I took from the short clip of Kanye saying that slavery has been around for 400 years and that it is a choice, is that physical (actual slavery) has been abolished for a long time now, I think he's talking more about the mindset (mental slavery) among black folks. I understand that the past was extremely harsh and that we did have disadvantages and very real instances of racism. But today most of it is confused with bigotry, because racism is institutional and usually written into law. I look around today and I realize that there is nothing that I can not do in this world because I'm black, nothing. I may run into a few bigots but those people 10 times out of 10 don't have the power to stop me unless I let them. It's a sad thing to watch, this crabs in a barrel mentality. I remember growing up and getting bullied and teased relentlessly because I liked to read and speak in complete sentences. It was not only the black kids that did this, they were a lot more relentless and crueler, but also the other kids of different races. It was almost like if you were not acting like the black stereotype that they saw in the movies or in television you weren't black. I admire what Kanye is doing right now because doing it so publicly on this level takes some fucking balls.

The Kanye West thread - ShotgunUppercuts - 05-02-2018

@kaotic with jordan though?

He hasnt dont anything as heroic or brave as she did.if she were to be replaced by someone it should be someone who did something on the same level she did or greater.

The Kanye West thread - PapayaTapper - 05-02-2018

Quote: (05-02-2018 06:11 PM)Kish Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2018 05:26 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

He was saying, there were more slaves than masters, he's asking how come they didn't rise together, how come they didn't get sick of it?

They had a "choice" to rise up and kill their oppressors by the sheer numbers, but didn't, why?

They were sick of it. That's why over 100,000 slaves escaped to the north using the underground railroad.

Also there were many slave revolts back then. The slaves tried to rise up it's just those attempts failed except in Haiti.

Revolutions are hard. Real hard. When the potential revolutionaries are easily identifiable, structurally kept illiterate, disorganized and terrorized...its downright nearly impossible

The Kanye West thread - kaotic - 05-02-2018

Quote: (05-02-2018 06:30 PM)ShotgunUppercuts Wrote:  

He hasnt dont anything as heroic or brave as she did.if she were to be replaced by someone it should be someone who did something on the same level she did or greater.

That's not the point, he's literally not saying MJ he's saying someone looking towards the future, not towards the past.

That's the problem, everyone is taking Kanye's lines literally.

When he clearly explains he's thinking at a higher level view.

@kaotic alright thats fair and maybe he shoyldnt have used jordan as an example for us simple folk.

Quote: (05-02-2018 06:57 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2018 06:30 PM)ShotgunUppercuts Wrote:  

That's not the point, he's literally not saying MJ he's saying someone looking towards the future, not towards the past.

That's the problem, everyone is taking Kanye's lines literally.

When he clearly explains he's thinking at a higher level view.

My sense is Kanye's intuitive mind is working faster than his ability to process intellectually into concisely articulated thoughts....sort of like that poorly written sentence I just wrote.

Thats the problem though... the MSM will seize only a convenient out of context sound-byte for some quick brew outrage

The Kanye West thread - ProGambler - 05-02-2018

How many blacks returned to Africa after white people decided to end slavery? Choice is an understatement. Kanye got balls like Louis Farrakhan. Legend.

Alright i havent finished that interview (might have a chance tomorrow) but for now ill ask this

Do you all think this would be this big of a shitshow if he didnt put that hat on his head?

Why .....THAT hat?

Thats what got me. He puts that hat on which they consider a damn jersery from people who dont give a FUCK about us .

Coulda made his own saying ,i mean he is kanye west.

The Kanye West thread - Atlanta Man - 05-02-2018

Quote: (05-02-2018 07:14 PM)ProGambler Wrote:  

How many blacks returned to Africa after white people decided to end slavery? Choice is an understatement. Kanye got balls like Louis Farrakhan. Legend.
Where in Africa would you have them go? If you were born in America (African slave trade ended in 1808) and only have known America, possibly for generations, what do you know of Africa? Why would you go to Africa?

The Kanye West thread - Gmac - 05-02-2018

Seems like he actually wants America to be great again, supports Trump, and wants to change perceptions. He's one of a handful of people in the world right now possibly influential enough to be capable of that. Way too deep to be a "stunt." I highly recommend Ali and Scott Adams' periscopes for more analyses and perspective on Kanye.

I think he and other influential blacks know (because they've said it) Obama didn't do jack squat for their communities.

Meanwhile Trump, nearly 2 yrs ago, went out of his way to meet, sit down, and do outreach either Kanye and others, proactively. We're talking real change, real progress, more accountability and personal responsibility in the black community. I'm hopeful, but it ain't gonna be a walk in the park as you can see Kanye going through some major public trials now. He's strong enough to survive, again much like Trump. Understands power, persuasion, and how to get tangible results or wouldn't be as successful as he's been for so long. Now look, Kanye is doing his own outreach across the aisle.

I didn't much care for him personally up to recently but he's really truly earned my respect, and I'll bet I'm not the only one. Not by a longshot. We're seeing a true zeitgeist shift.

Quote: (05-02-2018 07:20 PM)ShotgunUppercuts Wrote:  

*Why .....THAT hat?*

It had to be that hat. Thats the point. He's no longer buying the manufactured construct that MSM has "branded" MAGA with. He' literally saying he's no longer going to buy anything whole cloth but rather look for truth himself.

Quote:Quote:

Thats what got me. He puts that hat on which they consider a damn jersery from people who dont give a FUCK about us .

Not sure who you think gives a fuck about you but it aint the left. If anyone's perpetuating de facto slavery it's the elements that demand social conformity and prop the welfare state

The Kanye West thread - Repo - 05-02-2018

Quote: (05-02-2018 10:07 AM)Avon Barksdale Wrote:  

Watched the whole thing, was a great interview. The older I get, the more I believe that everyone's behavior makes sense once you know their story, even supposedly crazy people.

"Not sure who you think gives a fuck about you but it aint the left"

No doubt .

I hope kanye knows he's stirring up shit and might potentially divide folks further apart by supporting trump n the boys .

I heard you about that hat pappaya but id feel better if he got his own jersery . I can dig bringing people together cuz lord knows it needs to happen .But going about it this way? Cmon.fuck outta here.

The Kanye West thread - ProGambler - 05-02-2018

Quote: (05-02-2018 07:27 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

Where in Africa would you have them go? If you were born in America (African slave trade ended in 1808) and only have known America, possibly for generations, what do you know of Africa? Why would you go to Africa?

If I were African American, I wouldn't go anywhere because A- I'm as much a part of USA history as any white man and B- I know I'd have infinitely more opportunities in the USA than Africa.

But given the narrative of the left that blacks are oh so oppressed, why not go to say... Liberia and be with your tribal brethren rather than living under oppression?

I believe Kanye is making this point less delicately.

The Kanye West thread - budoslavic - 05-03-2018

Kanye sure got people bent out of shape over a MAGA hat and slavery comments.

I have always liked Milton Friedman's interpretation of the relationship between system and morality. Watch it. Understand it. My favorite is the end of his speech. (Around "..freedom has prevailed...")

Dr. Walter E. Williams' opinion on slavery and government. Pay attention to the 1:20 mark.

The Kanye West thread - Fortis - 05-03-2018

^ Gotta love when a Black man triggers a group of White people by speaking the truth about how the government tries to sabotage Black people.

Budo, thanks for that vid. That made my day. You could see their kneejerk reactions "B-BUT!"

I really do wonder why White liberals feel this deep need to coddle many Blacks and whiteknight for many of the lowest-common-denominators in the Black community while not trying to help black men like Cosby or Williams.

The Kanye West thread - ShotgunUppercuts - 05-03-2018

But cosby ....... Ill let yall have that one.

The Kanye West thread - TravelerKai - 05-03-2018

Quote: (05-02-2018 05:34 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

Not to nitpick, but a basic fact got lost here: black slavery in America never existed for 400 years. It spanned from 1619 to the late 1860s. 240 years. I hear all the time people saying "300 years of slavery" "400 years of slavery". Not really.

Quote: (05-02-2018 05:52 PM)Rotten Wrote:  

Slavery was not legalized until 1699, and it lasted until 1865. Any Africans in America before 1699 would have come over in indentured servitude situations, with important distinctions from slavery (no ownership, no trading, compensation required and offspring would have been freemen). African importation in the pre slavery days was tiny.

Slavery in North America lasted exactly 166 years. Sometime in 2033, The amount of time post slavery will be greater than the entire time with slavery.

Sorry to nitpick fellas but this is all still incorrect.

America as a country did not exist until 1776 (1783 technically speaking). It was a British Empire holding (The 13 colonies) before that. You need to count the American style slavery from that time to the proclamation event and calculate those years, then if you want you could add Reconstruction to further your point and it is not incorrect to do that.

In 1706 a black man is a free man if he sets foot on English land. This right was not extended out to British colonies. The British have a tremendous fault when it comes to all slavery globally because they were the world leader for a very long time and could have squashed it all, but failed to treat their colonial subjects with the same rights as the mainland. Look at India and the slavery and serfdom there that went on for way past 1706.

They did this for the money reasons, not realizing how economic inefficient slavery was, but that is besides the point.

The Kanye West thread - TravelerKai - 05-03-2018

Quote: (05-03-2018 12:17 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

^ Gotta love when a Black man triggers a group of White people by speaking the truth about how the government tries to sabotage Black people.

Budo, thanks for that vid. That made my day. You could see their kneejerk reactions "B-BUT!"

I really do wonder why White liberals feel this deep need to coddle many Blacks and whiteknight for many of the lowest-common-denominators in the Black community while not trying to help black men like Cosby or Williams.

It's a form of Virtue Signaling. Goes all the way back to Rudyard Kipling and the White Man's Burden, which was arguably a very liberal cause back then. Super racist and all kinds of other things, but yeah, liberal.

The Kanye West thread - Handsome Creepy Eel - 05-03-2018

Quote:Atlanta Man Wrote:

They actually did, and the monstrous WeWillBeKangz-SJW-African-American-Colonial aspect of the entire venture made their new country of Liberia a shithole of epic proportions, which it sadly remains up to this day.

The Kanye West thread - TooFineAPoint - 05-03-2018

Quote: (05-03-2018 03:17 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

how economically inefficient slavery was

Just pointing this out for guys who might have skimmed over it.

There is a common misconception about how "you need slavery to build wonders like the pyramids". Baloney.

Go visit Florence.

The Kanye West thread - tomtud - 05-03-2018

The Kanye West thread - griffinmill - 05-03-2018

Quote: (05-02-2018 03:30 PM)budoslavic Wrote:  

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/991752691817660416][/url]

One thing that really fucking bugs me about the modern mainstream press is their inability to look at anything with any degree of nuance. This comment by Kanye is a perfect example. None of these high-paid talking heads would ever say "Did Kanye literally mean slavery was an actual choice? It seems absurd he'd say something like that. Let's look at what else he could have possibly meant...."

There is a total uniformity of thought with these fucking "journalists" and I'm not pretending they're incapable of stepping outside the paradigm and discussing something from a macro level; they don't want to. They want to peddle a false, salacious narrative, and facts be damned. They are very disingenuous.

The Kanye West thread - Simeon_Strangelight - 05-03-2018

Quote: (05-03-2018 03:48 AM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

Quote: (05-03-2018 03:17 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

how economically inefficient slavery was

Just pointing this out for guys who might have skimmed over it.

There is a common misconception about how "you need slavery to build wonders like the pyramids". Baloney.

Go visit Florence.

Slavery is not only economically inefficient. It is a disaster for creativity of humanity. The rich have massive incentives to restrict labor-saving inventions. My take is that the Romans could have had the combustion engine sometime in the year 200-300 if they abolished slavery around year zero. In fact there is a case to be made even for high minimum wages - when it is done across the board and you have good tariffs in order not to compete too much with bargain-basement-level of wages.

[Image: roman-war-machine-rigged-up-to-propel-fo...Aikron24U=]

Slavery always works as a detriment to the overwhelming majority of every population and holds back civilization. It is utterly unnecessary even aside from the ethical viewpoint which is of course valid. I would even make the statement, that you won't get a development much beyond the middle ages if you don't let go of slavery. (unless you profit from the ingenuity of other nations)

The Kanye West thread - PapayaTapper - 05-03-2018

Quote: (05-03-2018 12:17 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

My theory is that virtue signalling is just a lazy form of altruism Some people believe altruism constitutes the essence of morality. But its really narcissism

Another emotion, called “elevation,” appears to inspire altruistic behavior, too. We feel elevation when we see another person act virtuously, such as by helping someone in need. (tear jerkers)

Cosby and other wealthy celebrities, regardless of race, don't have a sufficient "need" deficit to satisfy narcissists altruism emotional appetite