Roosh V Forum
How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? (/thread-14349.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Adam Michaels - 07-14-2012

Quote: (07-14-2012 02:59 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2012 02:55 PM)Enfant_Terrible Wrote:  

Im just starting to get the hang of going dolo now but its taken a long time to work up to this point. I still find it quite hard to get into the mood (even with watching some seinfeld beforehand)

What's up with this Steinfeld stuff?

If people watched those two videos, the pua industry would be belly up in week.

I gotta give props to G. Before I go out dolo, I always shadowbox or go on a run to get in my zone. Ever since I read this post: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/04/you...agger.html I always finish it off by yelling “I am Young, I’m Handsome, I’m Fast, I’m Pretty and Can’t possibly be beat!”

^Thats how I pregame. My neighbors think Im crazy but after a couple rounds of shadowboxing, listening to great music and quoting Ali, I hit the scene and really 'Cant possibly be beat!'.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - thegmanifesto - 07-14-2012

Damn.

I thought the solo numbers would be high, but not this high.

I really do think the people on this forum and lifestyle we lead is extremely unique.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Tuthmosis - 07-14-2012

Let's face it: competent wings are even rarer than dudes with game. And, dudes with game are pretty damn scarce. I've been cockblocked by dudes with legit game before.

"Winging" (even though I agree with soup that the term's overuse has rendered it meaningless) is a discreet set of skills that you need to cultivate. Frankly, I think I'm probably just an okay wing. I know what not to do, I won't fuck you up, but I may not be able to catch every single angle to help you. I simple don't practice that skill enough.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - soup - 07-14-2012

Quote: (07-14-2012 03:57 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Damn.

I thought the solo numbers would be high, but not this high.

I really do think the people on this forum and lifestyle we lead is extremely unique.

Unique compared to the masses, but with a place like NYC, it's player player player.. there are so many guys out there running game.

But, I think that the best players I know run solo.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Tuthmosis - 07-14-2012

Quote: (07-14-2012 04:06 PM)soup Wrote:  

Unique compared to the masses, but with a place like NYC, it's player player player.. there are so many guys out there running game.

The best players roll solo when they actually roll, but the best players don't need special outings to holler at bitches. They're on call 24/7, wherever they may be.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - el mechanico - 07-14-2012

I'm going out dolo right now on a 24+ hour straight run sleazy hotel room on Clearwater beach style. Red bull is having a convention somewhere down that way and some other shit eveything is booked. I'm bringing nothing but cash, booze and weed. I WILL pull at least once maybe twice.

Should I bring one of my buddies? [Image: lol.gif]

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - pitt - 07-14-2012

Quote: (07-14-2012 03:50 PM)Adam Michaels Wrote:  

Im just starting to get the hang of going dolo now but its taken a long time to work up to this point. I still find it quite hard to get into the mood (even with watching some seinfeld beforehand)

I gotta give props to G. Before I go out dolo, I always shadowbox or go on a run to get in my zone. Ever since I read this post: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/04/you...agger.html I always finish it off by yelling “I am Young, I’m Handsome, I’m Fast, I’m Pretty and Can’t possibly be beat!”

haha i thought i was the only one who loved that line. I was shouting this line for weeks, i felt like i heard it in a inspiring movie (people were looking at me like crazy). And i love how G closed that line ''to no one in particular''. This motherfucker goes hard.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - HiFlo - 07-14-2012

I think this says more about the forum than the typical 'guy who gets girls.'

I think this forum attracts loners who don't want to be alone. But in my experience in the real world, most guys don't go out alone. And most people I see out are either groups of friends, bf/gf, or something in between.

It is what it is.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Architekt - 07-14-2012

Lately I've always been going out alone for a couple of hours before meeting up with whatever group. Going to start rolling out dolo for the entire night soon.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Kaizen - 07-14-2012

Im similar to HCasanova...rare in my own city unless it's a salsa joint. Travelling i feel a bit out of my element but do it.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Laner - 07-15-2012

I said 60% and its fairly accurate.

I travel a fair bit, so of course I am rolling dolo then.

But now I am back in my town so there are lots of opportunities to be with people I know. What I am changing up now is that I break the night up into bites. I start out dolo, meet a friend or a girl for dinner, then roll out alone to a spot and do some groundwork. If its good I make an effort to meet the people that look cool and to will likely be there for the long haul. Then I bounce and swing by a place where I have some friends and hang there for a while. If its kickin I stay. If not, I bounce dolo back to the other place or hit some place new. I like to begin and end my night on my own or with a lady.

Nothing kills my mood more than a bunch of people hanging outside a place trying to decide where to go next. By rolling the way I do, I am on my terms and bounce when and where I want.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - UnW - 07-15-2012

I still struggle to get into a social mood when I'm alone hence I tend to avoid rolling solo.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - XXL - 07-15-2012

i don't get what's the big deal with putting so much meaning to it, like solo game was some kind of big glorious and outstanding thing. i wonder how many solo game enthusiasts do it cause they choose to instead doing it out of need.

i go solo from time to time, not too often though, to me it's awesome to roll with fun entourage.

from what i've seen the best players don't need to go out solo since they already know hot girls and cool guys to go out with (in their hometown at least).

PS. for anybody who goes out solo to get better at game there is one big disadvantage of solo game. gaming solo you only have one subjective reference point. so it's easy to miss doing some mistakes cause nobody else can point them out to you. i remember one night when my buddy pointed out that i was looking down a lot while talking. the night was shitty until that moment when he told me. i didn't even know what the hell was wrong. oops

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Jackhammer - 07-15-2012

Virtually never. Daygame I do solo, but the thought of driving to some bar and sitting there alone for the sole purpose of meeting chicks just bores the piss out of me. I'd much rather chill at home and read or practice my guitar. I'm sure this has cost me lays and probably has hindered my game by making me self-conscious when I do go out alone.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - polymath - 07-15-2012

Quote: (07-15-2012 06:53 AM)XXL Wrote:  

i don't get what's the big deal with putting so much meaning to it, like solo game was some kind of big glorious and outstanding thing. i wonder how many solo game enthusiasts do it cause they choose to instead doing it out of need.

i go solo from time to time, not too often though, to me it's awesome to roll with fun entourage.

from what i've seen the best players don't need to go out solo since they already know hot girls and cool guys to go out with (in their hometown at least).

PS. for anybody who goes out solo to get better at game there is one big disadvantage of solo game. gaming solo you only have one subjective reference point. so it's easy to miss doing some mistakes cause nobody else can point them out to you. i remember one night when my buddy pointed out that i was looking down a lot while talking. the night was shitty until that moment when he told me. i didn't even know what the hell was wrong. oops

Maybe the reason people put so much meaning in going out solo is that it's unique, because most people stigmatize it ("if I'm alone, people will think I am friendless") or are afraid of it ("if I go out alone, I won't have anyone to talk to"). It's fun to go out with friends, but sometimes they can get in the way of meeting people, or otherwise keep you from having complete freedom over your time and experience.

Also, this forum appears to put a heavy emphasis on traveling, and it can be hard to quickly make friends with locals, depending on where you go.

About looking down a lot (a little off topic)...I noticed a while back that Jay-Z does that too, especially in interviews with white guys.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - thegmanifesto - 07-15-2012

Quote: (07-14-2012 04:15 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2012 03:50 PM)Adam Michaels Wrote:  

haha i thought i was the only one who loved that line. I was shouting this line for weeks, i felt like i heard it in a inspiring movie (people were looking at me like crazy). And i love how G closed that line ''to no one in particular''. This motherfucker goes hard.

Yeah, that is how I like to warm up for a night out.

I switch it up though.

Lately I have been swimming, and swimming underwater laps before going out at night.

Works wonders.

Been raging 4-5 nights per week.

And feel great.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - -g- - 07-15-2012

I just started to recently and I have noticed a major change in my game results. Some of the best time I've had out are solo... I don't have anything holding me back and I'm more flexible meaning I can do more with less people. I highly recommend that everyone should roll out solo at least 1/3 of the time. I would say I roll out 50%+ of the time and that number has been steadily going up.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - R Smoov - 07-15-2012

I'd say about 80%

And let me tell you why I started doing this almost naturally now.

In my first year of college every weekend wad a chance to hit up the frats. Drink so much natty until you're throwing up out the window and possibly make out with a bitch or two.

But anyways, my main reason why I go out solo was due to observation. All of my freshmen friends were always telling me "Man you gotta bring the girls to get in! You need a ratio!".

And I always responded "Screw that"

I knew friends that brought loads of girls with them. I'm talking them bringing their whole hall with them. And as soon as they hit the line for the party, the hoes he came with are instantly invited to the party. But the frat boys tell him he still can't get in and hes in line right with me.

I dont care how good you are with girls, but seeing the girls you came with go to the party while you wait outside sucks.

The other 20% is when someone I know is going to the same place and I see them walking there. I just attempt to use them to sneak in.

Besides rolling with a crew of drunk girls is like trying to herd a flock of retarded sheep.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Spike - 07-15-2012

I,m at 90% + too. Last night I went out with my best two buddies and I kid you not the ratio on the dancefloor was like 30 girls - 3 (extreme omega)guys. I thought of you guys and wanted to take a picture but didn't bring my camera.

Must be bad luck because when i'm normally there the ratio is about 3 to 1 with way more cooler guys around.

There was a festival in a nearby town and I guess all the dudes were over there. Now i know that it's better NOT to go those festivals and just stay in town.

I decided not to game nonetheless. My buddies and I came straight from the coffeeshop and were pounding shots. I know that i would have a laugh attack when talking to girls or my buddies would cockblock me anyway. They are funny bastards that way.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Nonpareil - 07-15-2012

Quote: (07-14-2012 04:10 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

The best players roll solo when they actually roll, but the best players don't need special outings to holler at bitches. They're on call 24/7, wherever they may be.

Amen.

I as well am a disciple of the Dojo of Dolo, and yes, the Dojo Master was G and his piece (though trends had been apparent to me before that); helped open up my eyes, at home it's 90%+ (in fact only my best friend has the sufficient game to not-being-a-greedy-cockblocking-snake ratio required to roll with me to crunch numbers, but of course his life force is now gradually being sapped by an LTR), but here in China, where I don't speak the language, I still find the time to roll dolo (went out dolo last night, had a great time), but not always (the foreigner who speaks Chinese in China is the man you want on your team). Voted 80%.

The only time I'm not solo? With my family, with my friends at their places and with girls. Workout? Solo. Chilling? Solo. Night Game? Solo. Day Game? Solo. Shopping? Solo. I have met more girls that I have gone on to fuck solo doing any of these things (well except working out, I don't chop girls at the gym, and chilling, that's my 'me' time) than any of the nights when I used to go out with 'my boys' (yet they have failed to put two-and-two...my increased results, and them seeing less of me, together, note: find new friends).

Dolo for me, more then anything is about two things; choice and the removal fools and their weak game, minimizing the weaknesses in your Chop Chain™.

Like G said; dolo, I can walk into a place, post up, dig in the scene (with a gangsta lean) and make my judgments accordingly. Are drinks too pricey? is the music too loud and lame? Is the ratio poor? Is the talent pool shallow? If any of these things, rolling dolo gives the freedom to bounce (whereas with crew, someone might dig it and want to stay, constricting your options). It is not uncommon, on a dolo mission, for me to hit 2-3 places first before finding my ideal scene, think you can do this with a crew of your friends?

Second, the removal of weak links in the Chop Chain™.

Let me explain the Chop Chain (trademark) to you; If you have good enough game, you shouldn't be going to clubs and bars and lounges to chop leads, you should be doing it everywhere; the grocery store, the library, the street, the beach, the airport, the bus, in class, at the dog park, online, and yes...in the bar, the club and the lounge. That day game is the only form of free of charge game to run and it's not being run or learned by every guy out there is our gain (though this is probably because its being recriminalized to talk to women on the streets of North America).

Bottom line; with good game, you can get laid by your own skills, and you don't get laid by your own limitations (so work on fixing them).

So, with every single person you add to your chop chain, like in a regular chain, you decrease the odds to first half, then to one-third, then to one-sixth and so on and so on and so on that you will be getting laid that night; all it takes is one (in the G's parlance) suspect guy to ruin your flow with a poorly-timed miscue...such as:

- A bouncer shoulder-tapping you because your drunk friend mouthed off to a guy who is going to get his buddies (no doubt themselves unaware of Chop Chain™ mathematics) to kick his ass.

- A jealous guy shoulder-tapping to block.

- A poor guy shoulder-tapping to mooch some cash for another drink.

- A shy guy doing a tap to get you to 'wing' (agree, overused term) him to those girls over there.

And so on and so on, adding more guys increases the likelihood of a lameo, and it takes just one lameo to drink too much, cockblock, mooch or blow up your spot to ruin the sequence.

The strongest Chop Chain™? The Chop Chain with one link. When was the last time you saw four normal dudes, rolling out together, and all of them went back with a girl? 0 for 4 is the likely outcome, 1 for 4 is also a decent possibility, and I've even seen 2 for 4 once or twice, but 3 for 4 or 4 for 4? If there are no pics, then it has never happened, ever...in recorded human history.

Dolo: if you aren't comfortable with it, then get comfortable with it. If you aren't on the dolo tip at least 50% of the time, you aren't going to do as well as you could.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - thegmanifesto - 07-15-2012

Quote: (07-15-2012 12:23 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I,m at 90% + too. Last night I went out with my best two buddies and I kid you not the ratio on the dancefloor was like 30 girls - 3 (extreme omega)guys. I thought of you guys and wanted to take a picture but didn't bring my camera.

Must be bad luck because when i'm normally there the ratio is about 3 to 1 with way more cooler guys around.

There was a festival in a nearby town and I guess all the dudes were over there. Now i know that it's better NOT to go those festivals and just stay in town.

I decided not to game nonetheless. My buddies and I came straight from the coffeeshop and were pounding shots. I know that i would have a laugh attack when talking to girls or my buddies would cockblock me anyway. They are funny bastards that way.

What?

You were in a place with 30 girls and 3 guys?

And you didn't try to swoop the girls?

Neil, you might just have to get your "Player Pass" revoked.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Veloce - 07-15-2012

Quote: (07-15-2012 12:24 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2012 04:10 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Amen.

I as well am a disciple of the Dojo of Dolo, and yes, the Dojo Master was G and his piece (though trends had been apparent to me before that); helped open up my eyes, at home it's 90%+ (in fact only my best friend has the sufficient game to not-being-a-greedy-cockblocking-snake ratio required to roll with me to crunch numbers, but of course his life force is now gradually being sapped by an LTR), but here in China, where I don't speak the language, I still find the time to roll dolo (went out dolo last night, had a great time), but not always (the foreigner who speaks Chinese in China is the man you want on your team). Voted 80%.

The only time I'm not solo? With my family, with my friends at their places and with girls. Workout? Solo. Chilling? Solo. Night Game? Solo. Day Game? Solo. Shopping? Solo. I have met more girls that I have gone on to fuck solo doing any of these things (well except working out, I don't chop girls at the gym, and chilling, that's my 'me' time) than any of the nights when I used to go out with 'my boys' (yet they have failed to put two-and-two...my increased results, and them seeing less of me, together, note: find new friends).

Dolo for me, more then anything is about two things; choice and the removal fools and their weak game, minimizing the weaknesses in your Chop Chain™.

Like G said; dolo, I can walk into a place, post up, dig in the scene (with a gangsta lean) and make my judgments accordingly. Are drinks too pricey? is the music too loud and lame? Is the ratio poor? Is the talent pool shallow? If any of these things, rolling dolo gives the freedom to bounce (whereas with crew, someone might dig it and want to stay, constricting your options). It is not uncommon, on a dolo mission, for me to hit 2-3 places first before finding my ideal scene, think you can do this with a crew of your friends?

Second, the removal of weak links in the Chop Chain™.

Let me explain the Chop Chain (trademark) to you; If you have good enough game, you shouldn't be going to clubs and bars and lounges to chop leads, you should be doing it everywhere; the grocery store, the library, the street, the beach, the airport, the bus, in class, at the dog park, online, and yes...in the bar, the club and the lounge. That day game is the only form of free of charge game to run and it's not being run or learned by every guy out there is our gain (though this is probably because its being recriminalized to talk to women on the streets of North America).

Bottom line; with good game, you can get laid by your own skills, and you don't get laid by your own limitations (so work on fixing them).

So, with every single person you add to your chop chain, like in a regular chain, you decrease the odds to first half, then to one-third, then to one-sixth and so on and so on and so on that you will be getting laid that night; all it takes is one (in the G's parlance) suspect guy to ruin your flow with a poorly-timed miscue...such as:

- A bouncer shoulder-tapping you because your drunk friend mouthed off to a guy who is going to get his buddies (no doubt themselves unaware of Chop Chain™ mathematics) to kick his ass.

- A jealous guy shoulder-tapping to block.

- A poor guy shoulder-tapping to mooch some cash for another drink.

- A shy guy doing a tap to get you to 'wing' (agree, overused term) him to those girls over there.

And so on and so on, adding more guys increases the likelihood of a lameo, and it takes just one lameo to drink too much, cockblock, mooch or blow up your spot to ruin the sequence.

The strongest Chop Chain™? The Chop Chain with one link. When was the last time you saw four normal dudes, rolling out together, and all of them went back with a girl? 0 for 4 is the likely outcome, 1 for 4 is also a decent possibility, and I've even seen 2 for 4 once or twice, but 3 for 4 or 4 for 4? If there are no pics, then it has never happened, ever...in recorded human history.

Dolo: if you aren't comfortable with it, then get comfortable with it. If you aren't on the dolo tip at least 50% of the time, you aren't going to do as well as you could.

Great post. I think when some guys roll solo they feel an unnecessary discomfort of being in public alone. As if there's a rush to do something or be something. Honestly, I think the best practice a guy could have is to roll to a venue by himself and NOT DO ANYTHING. Seriously, sit there for hours in silence just drinking, just to see how bad it is. It's not bad, it's just boring. And for the night, you're the weirdo sitting there drinking by himself not talking to anyone. Big deal. Once you see what that's like, it allows you to take the time, really savor the details of how you want to approach. I've certainly walked into bars, and because of various factors, walked right out. Maybe it was 20 guys and 3 girls, and those girls were already on guys. Maybe it was just too fucking loud and crowded and I wasn't feeling aggressive enough. Whatever the case may be, rolling solo gives you the ultimate freedom to control the direction your evening goes without having to sacrifice or make considerations to outside forces.

That said, I'd love to wing with any of the forum members anytime.

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Brian - 07-15-2012

I actually rolled dolo in DC for the first time in a long time last weekend and pulled one of the hottest chicks i've ever pulled in DC. coincidence??

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Samseau - 07-15-2012

Put me in the 1%. I only go with friends if they are good friends and specifically request it.

Yeah, going out with dudes won't help you get laid. So what? I value my friends more than girls.

I've also tried finding wingmen, but it's more effort than it's worth. Usually other guys have major insecurities that make the night awkward.

"Man, I was talking to this girl and things were great, but she just stopped and left for the bathroom!"

"You get any numbers dude?"

"Let me finish this drink before we go to the next bar."

"What should we tell people when they ask 'How do you guys know each other?'"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night? - Spike - 07-15-2012

Quote: (07-15-2012 12:52 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2012 12:23 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

What?

You were in a place with 30 girls and 3 guys?

And you didn't try to swoop the girls?

Neil, you might just have to get your "Player Pass" revoked.

Trust me, I was quite stoned and a bit drunk and would have sucked anyway. Besides that, my buddies would just make fun of me whilst gaming and were already saying "Come on Neil show us your skills"
I was not planning on failing in front of them and hearing about it for the rest of my life.

They are guys with gf's and kids at home. They don't want to see me succeed.