rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Often Do You Roll Solo Out At Night?

I was talking on the phone to a friend yesterday who is way younger than me who I spar with a lot and who trains me (pro fighter for a few fights, now retired, owns a gym, real sharp kid, but that is neither here nor there).

I was telling him what I have been up to, going out 3-5 nights a week etc.

He says, "I can't believe you go out all the time by yourself. You just roll out every night by yourself and start running things?"

I have been Rolling Dolo for so long, I don't even think about it twice, but I guess it is pretty unthinkable for a lot of people (and this kid is cool as f*ck, real social, great personality etc).

And if I think about it, when I am out at night, I rarely ever see people rolling by themselves.

I was curious as I would think a lot of guys on here roll solo as well.

What percentage of your nights do you roll solo?

(For the record, I am close to 90% +)

I'm a doloist by training and disposition, so 90+. I like kicking it with dudes, but it's rare that I don't get the unintentional cockblock (or crabs-in-a-bucketed) from a guy in my party. That said, I've been doing fewer and fewer night outings and leaning harder on day- and (despite its massive annoyances) online game.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Right now I'm at around 60% but I'm trying to push for 70. I think the younger you are the more pressure and stigma there is for you to be in the "group" and "group mentality." I theorize it's because young people are insecure, and when they see someone else their age who doesn't need a group to go out like them, it makes them feel even more insecure. They try to stop you.

I'm in the 90%+ bracket.

Quote:Quote:

I don't get the unintentional cockblock (or crabs-in-a-bucketed) from a guy in my party.

This.

Sure I know guys with game. However, there's only one other guy that I am very good friends with that can hold his own and would actually enhance my game.

The other week I bailed from a venue after being there 10 minutes, I didn't like the vibe. I don't have to wait for my buddy to get the courage to talk to a girl or 'just chill out for a few minutes. It's the freedom it brings.

Most dudes just end up spoiling your game.

"I can't believe you go out all the time by yourself. You just roll out every night by yourself and start running things?"

That's it people have this perception you have to hang out with other people to have a good time.

Quote: (07-14-2012 01:26 PM)dk902 Wrote:  

Sure I know guys with game. However, there's only one other guy that I am very good friends with that can hold his own and would actually enhance my game.

Yeah, the older I get, it is really hard to find people that can really "bring things to the table".

Especially as you get better and better in this Life, you need less and less from others.

What is someone going to bring to the table that I don't have?

Cash? Got that.

Moves? Got those

Girls? Ok, line them up then. Usually they can't.

Nightlife Generalship? I wrote the book.

The other week I bailed from a venue after being there 10 minutes, I didn't like the vibe. I don't have to wait for my buddy to get the courage to talk to a girl or 'just chill out for a few minutes. It's the freedom it brings.

Yeah, the freedom is unbeatable.

I will bounce a spot quicker than a praying mantis if I don't like the vibe.

I cut losses and let my profits run.

I need to be the one making all nightlife decisions.

I have to succeed or fail on my own merits.

If you want to get laid roll solo. If you maybe want to get laid bring a wing. If you don't want to get laid bring two wings. If you definitively want nothing to do with sex that night once so ever bring three.

I've been running solo since 1985. One of my friends just asked me to go out with him and his buddy to a couple bars later. His friend is supposedly a player of sorts and has ass chasing him. I might meet them briefly but plan to spend my night with these dudes no way.

The dudes I've met from here are actually competent wings though so now my prerequisite is that you have to had read every thread on this forum before you roll with me.

At night I have to have company if I'm going out locally; that is, going out in the city that I live in for most of my time. I simply won't have fun at bars and clubs if I'm by myself. It's just a weird feeling for me. If I'm traveling, that's a little different, but I'm social by nature so I'll always look for people to hang out with somehow, but I won't hesitate to check out a place dolo knowing that I'm only in that city for a limited time.

Day time is a different story. I'm completely fine going to the mall or wherever dolo.

98% of the time, all the time.

I hear this from chicks almost every time I go out: "You're by yourself? See, you're a guy, you can go out by yourself, girls can't do that." Truth is, is I'm pretty sure I was the only PERSON by myself last night, guys or girls, and that's usually the case. There's a spot at the venue that I frequent, it's funny, it's ALWAYS where dudes post up with other dudes, there are never girls on this specific part of the bar. These guys are clueless, it's always groups of 2, 3, 4 dudes at a time, posted up, scanning the room but not making any moves. It's right across from where I post up, where I'm typically talking to one or more girls at a time. Occasionally I'll look across and just smirk at these guys.

Rolling solo increases intrigue, you just gotta own it. Can't be posted up in a corner nursing a drink looking lonely and awkward. Gotta be in the center of attention, the middle of action, looking as comfortable as if you're chilling in a lounge chair, sipping on something strong, with a slight smirk on your face. You do that, and girls ask you, "Are you by yourself?" It's not in a way like, "What's wrong with you?" It's in a way that's like, "What are you all about?"

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

If you're a good talker the girls will never know you're dolo and won't even ask. I instantly start talking/joking with everyone around me or fucking with them. Don't be afraid to by your neighbors a friendly drink when you walk up to a new bar or get yourself one and stalk the bar for the best logistics then move in. When you start talking to girls try to pull all their emotions out and they wont ask questions like how old are you or why are you alone or are you with these people. Most the time I bounce a girl she asks if it's ok not to say goodbye to my friends. I say they'll be ok when in fact I have no clue who they are in most cases and I'm just indirectly macking on their bitches as well.

Not since i became an adult. I used to do that when i used to go to under 18s raves, none of my friends had 10 pounds to pay for a rave at the time, so i used to say fuck it, im rolling there solo (and i had fun like a motherfucker, great fucking days)

As now, i just cant go to a club solo. I can travel solo without a problem but going to a club solo, i will get bored as fuck. Plus, i usually like going to ghetto clubs and in these type of places you need to be rolling with a crew, g's see you rolling solo and you make a tough move, they want to try on you, now if they see you rolling with other bad cats, they dont want to get close.

But i definitely admire people that can go to a bar solo, it takes balls.

Thinking more about this,,,i think if it is a place where women are whining on man dem..i can see myself rolling there solo.

I agree with Emechistan. 3's a killer. The forum does provide with competent wings, so make sure to post in meetups, or host in your town.

One thing my friends and I used to do was roll in 4's. We go to a club early enough to get a table, and split off into 2's, or solo. The table was a place to bring back sets, or rebuild confidence after a bad blowout.

I used to almost always roll with someone until my confidence bolstered, and now I prefer it. Like Emech said, start talking shit to people in the bar and it looks like you know people, especially the bartender. If you know a venue will be good on the weekend, roll in a couple times beforehand, chat up the staff, and tip well. They'll remember and greet you on the good night. It goes a long way, especially if you are a foreigner.

Any decent wing know you have to split to cover more ground anyway and only call you in when they need help. What's the chances of meeting two girls that like you and and your wing and they want to leave with both and you both get laid? It's happened but not too often. The other guy/girl will fuck your logistics. So in essence you're rolling dolo even with wings or you're not doing it right unless you have an elaborate plan like that Vanilla ice shit I posted. I've been pulling ass behind the dumpster at arcades since pac-man came out even then dolo was they way to go. Your wing would run out of quarters etc.

Im just starting to get the hang of going dolo now but its taken a long time to work up to this point. I still find it quite hard to get into the mood (even with watching some seinfeld beforehand) and am still wary that Ill run into someone I know and itll be hell awkward. I have found my ideal night if I wanna get laid is to be at a friends house or at the pub with mates drinking, talking shit, having laughs, then hit the club later dolo. This way Im already in a nicely boozed and social state but have the freedom to mack away without mates blocking. Am still surprised how being dolo hardly ever comes up with girls and if it does how easy it is to deflect it. They really dont care if your cool.

I'm around 70-80%. I find it necessary. It's almost impossible to find guys who want to go out that much. I think this 'lone wolf' mentality is common around players, but that's just a theory.

I honestly can't remember the last time I went out with a wingman. If it's a Tuesday or Sunday or whatever. I decide around a certain time and just go out.

No coordinating. No voting on which place to go. I just go. If a place is good I stay. If it sucks, I roll.

I live in a town with a ton of conventions, trade shows etc. I love to post up at nice hotel bars in a good suit right around 5 p.m. and see what happens. All are within a mile or so from my place. I walk down, cab back.

A couple of weeks ago, some SEO marketing blah, blah, blah thing was in town. Tons of chicks. First night of the convention, a Wednesday, it was going great with a honey from Seattle. Unfortunately, a couple of guys I know wandered in on their way to a baseball game and killed it for me.

To me, it's always seemed girls could care less if you know or hang with other guys. They know guys are easy to get along with. They care if other chicks dig you, but a trio of guys is too much testosterone for any girl of value.

Quote: (07-14-2012 02:35 PM)Nudge Wrote:  

Im just starting to get the hang of going dolo now but its taken a long time to work up to this point. I still find it quite hard to get into the mood (even with watching some seinfeld beforehand)

What's up with this Steinfeld stuff?

I see people mention it all the time.

I never watched that show once in my life.

Quote: (07-14-2012 02:50 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Im just starting to get the hang of going dolo now but its taken a long time to work up to this point. I still find it quite hard to get into the mood (even with watching some seinfeld beforehand)

The Roosh Program (see #4)

Never watched it too, but I might get into it just to get some ideas.

Quote: (07-14-2012 02:55 PM)Enfant_Terrible Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2012 02:50 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

The Roosh Program (see #4)

Never watched it too, but I might get into it just to get some ideas.

Gotcha. I missed that post.

Sh*t, if I am going to watch something on TV, it is going to be something like this:

That's really the only Game video you need to watch.

Or maybe this:

If people watched those two videos, the pua industry would be belly up in week.

90+

I just act as if the venue is paying me to appear and make them look good. Chat up guys or girls I'm not interested in from time to time early on, as well as the staff. Even better if you're at one of the venues where you are known by the staff, but it's not a necessity.

You need a frame of confidence to do this which is only built by experience. Beginners just have to work their way through the difficult early stages-it's worth it.

Girls easily pick out who is the lonely nervous sad sack by himself and who is the confident mysterious guy by himself.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

I'm heading out solo tonight. I get tired of waiting on wings, especially if I have to baby sit them. I've been hitting clubs solo in and outside of the USA for so long, it doesn't faze me.

Pulling a percentage off my ass: 95+% dolo

Not because I got tired of wings, never had them even when I went with a group.

Or because I thought about freedom, even though it's one of the benefits of going dolo.

I've been a loner when it comes to girls, even on my pre-game years. Among my friends (at the time):
-I'm the horniest
-the most hungry
-the most curious
-the most desperate
-the most obssessed
with girls.

They didn't share my feelings or hunger. They're content with their girlfriends. They were too focused with school. They didn't feel like going out. To drink. To party. To meet girls. They'd rather play video games. Watch TV. Or chat on the internet.

So I went alone.

I dont get the whole "buddy" thing. I always roll dolo. Going to swoop girls? Dolo. Working out? Dolo. Going out to eat? Dolo. Shit I even go to the movies Dolo.

My life got a lot better one summer when I started bumping Kid Cudi, retired from all my corny friends, and got on my "Mr Solo Dolo" grind. I started doing everything on my own and started enjoying things much better. It got to the point where I was 100% happy with my results when dolo, so if you wanted to ride you had to have the ability to bump things up to a bonus, like 105%, or you actually had a negative affect on my experience.

Most of my friends would bring my nights and game down to about 80%, so I learned, if i want results, whether it be at the club, bar, or even reading at a library, to always ride dolo.

Still debating whether to go out in some shite, expensive posh club in central with a crew or just fuck them off and hit up the club down the road dolo which is always bangin. Hmm typing this out made me realise what a piss easy decision this is

Quote: (07-14-2012 03:36 PM)Nudge Wrote:  

Still debating whether to go out in some shite, expensive posh club in central with a crew or just fuck them off and hit up the club down the road dolo which is always bangin. Hmm typing this out made me realise what a piss easy decision this is

When you write out your dilema the choice becomes obvious. I always get that kind of decision with my friends, and I always think

"If you're trying hard to rationalize how you'll get some poon from one option, don't do it."

I almost always roll solo.

That said, it shouldn't matter if you are by yourself or with a group. If my group is cockblocking me, I eject.

Most of the time, I head out by myself, and end up bumping into a fellow player from around my hood (unplanned). We exchange info along the lines of:

"How's xxxx venue?"

"Dead"

"Any parties?"

"There's something going on at xxx"

The term "wingman" is so over-used in popular culture. A real wing situation is as strategic as being on football team. It's absolutely not just two guys hanging out.

You have to know the rules.

If I'm hanging with a buddy and we get into with some chicks, and he starts messing things up, I'm out of there. I've lost friends over this. Guys need to get their shit together. I put a lot of effort into trying to get my game together and I expect every guy I chill with do the same.

The only guys I try to hang with are those that have better game than me.