Roosh V Forum
Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them (/thread-45167.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Player_1337 - 08-09-2017

I can attest to the power of high quality photos (currently using 1- made it my main). In just the span of 24 hours, the results on Bumble have been night and day (30+ new matches on my existing profile).

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Cumlluminates - 09-30-2017

Great tips for sure and definitely something to work on.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - RoadTo100 - 10-22-2017

Just wanted to add another report on getting professional photos done --- it's worth it. Especially if you are onboard the IG automation train a la Vinny's Instantical.

Got mine done by a professional photographer in Barcelona for €350 for an entire afternoon (split w/ a buddy of mine, so €175 per person). My Tinder profile was pretty dialed in already, but with some A/B testing I replaced my primary photo with a professional one and am getting around 20-30% more matches (keep in mind my previous non-professional photos were already quite solid).

As an experiment, I tried using 4 professional photos and 2 non-professional and my results were terrible. Even though I may look "better" in a professional photo, they are all the same boring poses and so the non-professional ones showing me in a variety of interesting and emotion-inducing situations were way better.

However, the best part is being able to drip out these photos over a few months on my IG. Personally I am not a natural social media person (DGAF about likes, sharing, validation) and dislike ruining the moment by taking pictures rather than just enjoying. So getting high quality, non-selfies of myself looking good is a challenge. With this shoot though, I have ~15 or so photos that I can drip out on IG over the coming months. Personally I post 1 photo every 3 days and make sure I post a photo of myself (rather than just cool stuff I'm seeing in my travels) every 3-4 photos. So this 1 shoot will last me 15 * 3 * 3 = 135 days (4 months). IG is up from 40 to +1,050 in 7 weeks and I've got a growing list of bangable, low follower count IG girl leads to message once my profile is stronger in a few months --- looking forward to my first IG bang [Image: banana.gif]

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Easy_C - 10-22-2017

That's actually good advice too to keep your powder dry and upload them every so often to keep a steady stream of updates going.

Also do this on dating sites because a recent update will help keep your profile near the top of results.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - MrRemi - 10-23-2017

Quote: (10-22-2017 11:28 AM)RoadTo100 Wrote:  

Got mine done by a professional photographer in Barcelona for €350 for an entire afternoon (split w/ a buddy of mine, so €175 per person).

That's pretty expensive. Another option is to join an amateur photographer group on Facebook, search for "TFP model/photographer <location>" (time-for-pictures). Find a photographer that wants to gain experience and build up a portfolio. You get to keep your pictures. Normally the photographer also edits them. It's win-win.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Reginaldmidnight - 10-23-2017

New to this forum and game in general, but was just wondering if anyone has already used a photographer in London they would recommend?

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - RoadTo100 - 10-23-2017

Quote: (10-23-2017 02:33 AM)MrRemi Wrote:  

That's pretty expensive. Another option is to join an amateur photographer group on Facebook, search for "TFP model/photographer <location>" (time-for-pictures). Find a photographer that wants to gain experience and build up a portfolio. You get to keep your pictures. Normally the photographer also edits them. It's win-win.

Great tip MrRemi, I'm going to try that out for my next shoot. Do you have any example Facebook groups you could link us to?

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - MrRemi - 10-24-2017

Quote: (10-23-2017 06:07 PM)RoadTo100 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-23-2017 02:33 AM)MrRemi Wrote:  

Great tip MrRemi, I'm going to try that out for my next shoot. Do you have any example Facebook groups you could link us to?

As an example "TFP Shootings Berlin". I know one guy that found a photographer there that made him some stunning pictures.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Heart Break Kid - 10-27-2017

Looking for a photographer in NY if anyone got a recommendation.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Deepdiver - 10-28-2017

“If there is a single quality that is shared by all great men, it is vanity. But I mean by vanity only that they appreciate their own worth. Without this kind of vanity they would not be great. And with vanity alone, of course, a man is nothing.”
―Yousuf Karsh

Read more at http://izquotes.com/quote/329900

Epic data sheet made me look up a quote I had long forgotten by Yousuf Karsh... +1 rep well deserved.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Palpatine - 11-01-2017

I found a professional photographer whose work seems pretty high-quality and who has worked with celebrities as well. She's charging $600 for a photo shoot with three outfit changes, and I'll get around 150 images, 10 of which she'll photoshop. Worth it?

(Fwiw, I don't think my current pictures are terrible (though I wouldn't mind getting feedback on them for the sake of a second opinion), as they were taken by my dad using a fairly good camera, but they don't seem to generate an emotion in the same way the pics in the OP do.)

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - xmlenigma - 12-12-2017

Quote: (10-22-2017 11:28 AM)RoadTo100 Wrote:  

Just wanted to add another report on getting professional photos done --- it's worth it. Especially if you are onboard the IG automation train a la Vinny's Instantical.

Got mine done by a professional photographer in Barcelona for €350 for an entire afternoon (split w/ a buddy of mine, so €175 per person). My Tinder profile was pretty dialed in already, but with some A/B testing I replaced my primary photo with a professional one and am getting around 20-30% more matches (keep in mind my previous non-professional photos were already quite solid).

As an experiment, I tried using 4 professional photos and 2 non-professional and my results were terrible. Even though I may look "better" in a professional photo, they are all the same boring poses and so the non-professional ones showing me in a variety of interesting and emotion-inducing situations were way better.

However, the best part is being able to drip out these photos over a few months on my IG. Personally I am not a natural social media person (DGAF about likes, sharing, validation) and dislike ruining the moment by taking pictures rather than just enjoying. So getting high quality, non-selfies of myself looking good is a challenge. With this shoot though, I have ~15 or so photos that I can drip out on IG over the coming months. Personally I post 1 photo every 3 days and make sure I post a photo of myself (rather than just cool stuff I'm seeing in my travels) every 3-4 photos. So this 1 shoot will last me 15 * 3 * 3 = 135 days (4 months). IG is up from 40 to +1,050 in 7 weeks and I've got a growing list of bangable, low follower count IG girl leads to message once my profile is stronger in a few months --- looking forward to my first IG bang [Image: banana.gif]

Hmm.. keep us posted.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Heart Break Kid - 12-21-2017

What type of photographers have you guys gotten? OP said not to get a portrait photographer, did anyone try a fashion photographer?

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Arado - 01-14-2018

Quote: (07-19-2017 07:33 AM)unom Wrote:  

Quote: (07-19-2017 12:15 AM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

My contribution to a great thread:

It has been mentioned on the forum before, but buried in smaller threads... use https://www.photofeeler.com/ to get some focus-group feedback on your photos.

You can test them for business, social, and dating. It's free if you agree to rate other people's photos.

Here is a good intro article to this site -- https://kopywritingkourse.com/how-to-cho...ght-image/

BUT, and here is the big one, the REAL help comes from the welcome / sign-up email they send you.

I've been to film school and studied cinematography / visual representation for over a decade. Their welcome email is as good as any primer to understanding what lenses and lighting and angles do to a human face. That alone is worth checking out the site.

I'm going to use it for my side business hustles, but you dating app / social media guys should check it out!

I've been using photofeeler for 2 months and I have similar observations with the guy who wrote that article.

However, I have to make 2 observations:

1. The guy only used 10 votes to test each one of his photos. That is way too little to get an accurate assesment of your photos.

2. I'm not sure how well the ratings on photofeeler correlate with success on dating apps like tinder. I also noticed that when I am smiling all my ratings go up significantly, but I'm not sure that a smile would make the same difference on tinder. For a long time I've had a photo that photofeeler was telling me that it has a horrible expression, but at the same time it was made with a dslr and my face structure looked good and it was getting me plenty of matches.

Bottom line, photofeeler is probably not going to give you the accurate description of your photos that you want for dating apps or instagram. Nevertheless, it is still better than nothing and for sure there are some things to learn from it.

Bump - just wanted to see what other people have experiences from photo feeler. Smiling seems to significantly increase the ratings, but does it lead a girl to want to meet up? How accurate is the "attractiveness" index as a barometer of how much a girl wants to sleep with a guy? I have gotten ranges from 20% to the high 80's just by changing outfits, expressions, and angles, so not sure if guys can go from an online three to an online 7 or 8 so easily? Because girls swipe right on so few profiles on Tinder, I just don't have enough data to optimize Tinder pictures.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Mess O. - 08-20-2018

I've since taken a break from dating, but I'm contemplating what needs to be changed for a future recurrence. Really, I'd need to restructure and rebuild my Game, and at the forefront, I think a pro set of pix for any profile I'd set up would be in order. My previous dating profiles sported one pro shot, but now it's quite dated, and either way, I'd like a few new ones to use. It's been quite a while since I've seen any action on this thread, so I'd like to hear anyone's recent experiences in revamping their online Game, utilizing pro pix.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Dasein - 08-20-2018

While I intend to go the professional route once I am a bit more fit, as a stopgap measure I did the following:

1. Had family members take a picture of me holding their dog and smiling.
2. Went on a hiking trip and had my friends take pictures specifically for dating.

Response rate went way up on OKC. Unchanged on Tinder.

Girls have messaged me first, asking about the dog and I have a good narrative for why I do not actually own him.

For those scheduling a professional, one thing that I plan to do is time the photo shoot for around 4-6, OKCupid published that pictures taken around this time were more attractive than others (possibly due to lighting).

Has anyone tried picking up photography as a hobby. It's something I had a knack for and enjoy that seems like it could come with benefits. 1. You can leverage your connection with other photographers to possibly get free shoots. 2. It generates a constant stream of interesting Instagram photos. 3. It can be done as a date activity (teach photography). 4. Off chance that it introduces you to semi-model girls to bang.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Player_1337 - 08-21-2018

High quality photos will give you a big advantage but it still doesn't convert interactions to 'easy mode'. You get more matches and targets will open you more frequently.
Some girls will take the bait- but getting most girls to come over fresh direct still requires finesse and good timing.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Dodgy - 08-21-2018

Quote: (08-20-2018 06:31 PM)Dasein Wrote:  

While I intend to go the professional route once I am a bit more fit, as a stopgap measure I did the following:

1. Had family members take a picture of me holding their dog and smiling.
2. Went on a hiking trip and had my friends take pictures specifically for dating.

Response rate went way up on OKC. Unchanged on Tinder.

Girls have messaged me first, asking about the dog and I have a good narrative for why I do not actually own him.

For those scheduling a professional, one thing that I plan to do is time the photo shoot for around 4-6, OKCupid published that pictures taken around this time were more attractive than others (possibly due to lighting).

Has anyone tried picking up photography as a hobby. It's something I had a knack for and enjoy that seems like it could come with benefits. 1. You can leverage your connection with other photographers to possibly get free shoots. 2. It generates a constant stream of interesting Instagram photos. 3. It can be done as a date activity (teach photography). 4. Off chance that it introduces you to semi-model girls to bang.

I went the professional route two years ago for some Bumble photos. It think it cost me $200 or $250. But to be honest, I wasn't that satisfied with the finished photos and I only used one. My issue was that the photos looked too professional, too sleek, and ultimately came across as too "try hard" for Bumble and Instagram.

If I were you I would just grab a buddy and you guys go around town taking pictures of each of other. Sounds a bit gay, but its cheaper and more efficient than paying a professional photographer. A photog will also process your photos through Photoshop or Lightroom and that may take a few days if not a week. Whereas, using your iPhones will give you the pics the day of, and then you can process them through a free editing app like VCSO to use filters or do basic Lightroom-esque edits, like exposing the image, sharpening the image and adjusting the temperature. So you can have Instagram ready photos in a day or two and not wait a week for a photographer's finished product.

Plus, you never know what photos will work until you post them and measure the response. So it's better to have as many different photos as possible, as opposed to a limited amount of professional photos.

And personally, I think "social proof" is the number 1 factor to get across on both social media and dating app profiles. And you don't need a professional photog for that, just you and your buddies having the awareness to take quality pics while your out and about.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Sender - 09-03-2018

Quote: (08-21-2018 12:18 PM)Dodgy Wrote:  

And personally, I think "social proof" is the number 1 factor to get across on both social media and dating app profiles. And you don't need a professional photog for that, just you and your buddies having the awareness to take quality pics while your out and about.

Good points. I'm in the process of arranging a professional photoshoot so I'm wondering if there's general agreement about this. Do professional photos make you look too needy? Too vain?

Additionally, I'm struggling to get those 'social proof' shots. It just never feels right getting a camera out when I'm with friends. At best, I have a few selfies but they never look good. Anyone in a similar position found a strategy for this?

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - torridon747 - 09-03-2018

Spend time with women. They play the photo game day in and day out and know most the angles to look successful, fun, and sociable. Even if they're not.

All of my photos I use for online dating at this point were taken by girls that I was banging - even the ones with me and other girls. They have an eye for seeing what they like in you and taking a picture to remember it. Luckily your qualities in that captured moment will probably attract a lot of other girls too

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Player_1337 - 10-12-2018

In my experience (after exhaustively using multiple apps)- being good looking with top quality/model pics when running online game yields the best possible results, but isn't quite 'easy mode' as it's often portrayed. It's still a huge grind filled with flakes and rejection (both online and in-person) with not nearly as much return as you'd expect.

While I've had chicks come over fresh direct and make it easy (small percentage)- there have been girls who come straight over, nothing happens and you never see them again. Many women on are on these apps for validation.

I can't imagine what online ventures are like for average-looking and/or guys with no game.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Mess O. - 10-12-2018

Quote: (10-12-2018 02:18 PM)Player_1337 Wrote:  

I can't imagine what online ventures are like for average-looking and/or guys with no game.

[Image: 1044u1y.jpg]

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - kirdiesel - 10-13-2018

Quote: (10-12-2018 02:18 PM)Player_1337 Wrote:  

In my experience (after exhaustively using multiple apps)- being good looking with top quality/model pics when running online game yields the best possible results, but isn't quite 'easy mode' as it's often portrayed. It's still a huge grind filled with flakes and rejection (both online and in-person) with not nearly as much return as you'd expect.

While I've had chicks come over fresh direct and make it easy (small percentage)- there have been girls who come straight over, nothing happens and you never see them again. Many women on are on these apps for validation.

I updated my pics somewhat recently. Not professional level but at least thought out and used a strategy behind em (Showing me in NYC) and my results have def increased. Its still a grind and def alot of girls are on it for validation and free attention.

I just had to stop texting this girl because she was stringing me along for a date. Immediately texting back and writing paragraphs but when I ask for a date shes always unavailable for one reason or another. Shit was going on for like 2 weeks. (I of course was spacing the fuck outta my texts).

She was purely texting me for the attention.

However another girl I met from Tinder just closed super easy on the second date. I never even had to ask her to come back home with me. She had already decided she was gonna sleep with me before showing up. So there's up and downs to this thing.

Again weed out the time wasters.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - Hacknmash123 - 10-14-2018

I can't help but feel like this is a HUGE cope.
There are plenty of guys who get laid with ease off Tinder with photos of questionable quality, gym selfies, etc.
I've done my own experiments too. I had a shitty gym selfie in a mirror showing off my arms and shoulders and I could've fucked a bunch of girls with them (except for the fact I'd photoshopped them). The rest were just selfies showing off my cheekbones (edited, because again I don't have strong bone structure).

It's all bs. Girls care about a good face, that's it. Your face dictates your dating success in life.

Attracting Girls Online: A Guide to Good Photos, Why They Matter, and How To Get Them - TravelingBodybuilder - 10-15-2018

great thread. in for later.