Roosh V Forum
Post about a manly thing you did today - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Post about a manly thing you did today (/thread-15766.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Post about a manly thing you did today - Genghis Khan - 10-17-2017

Quote: (10-17-2017 10:51 PM)spokepoker Wrote:  

I thought the vegetarianism of India was based on their religion, Hinduism, and how everyone is reincarnated as something, so they don't want to eat relatives.

Hinduism, as seen today, is really a culmination of philosophical thoughts. Think how Christianity is built on top of Judaism (Old Testament - New Testament). The oldest Hindu scriptures mention animal sacrifices. So obviously something changed at some point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_sac..._mythology

Quote:Quote:

The Ashvamedha ritual - in which a horse is sacrificed - is described in the Rigveda, the Shukla Yajurveda, the Taittiriya Shakha of Yajurveda, the Shatapatha Brahmana and in the Srauta-sutras of the Aitareya Brahmana and in the Kaushtikati Brahmana of the Rigveda. In the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad the symbolism of the sacrifice is described, with the horse symbolising the cosmos. In the Ramayana, Rama performed the Ashvamedha sacrifice for becoming the Chakravartin emperor. In the Mahabharata, Yudhishtra performs the Ashwamedha after winning the Kurukshetra war to become the Chakravartin emperor. The Mahabharata also contains a description of an Ashvamedha performed by the Chedi king Uparichara Vasu, however, no animals were sacrificed. The rulers of the Gupta empire, the Chalukya dynasty, and the Chola dynasty all performed the Ashvamedha.[14][15][16][17][18]

In the Vedas, there are mention of animal sacrifices, such as mantras for the sacrifice of a goat in the Rig;[19] and the Jyotistoma sacrifice in which three animal-sacrifices are performed, namely, Agnisomiya, Savaniya and Anubandhya.[20][21] Agnisomiya was the simplest of all Soma sacrifices in which animal sacrifice played an important part; it required that a goat be sacrificed to Agni and Soma preceding the day of offering of nectar to the gods. In the Savaniya sacrifice, victims were offered throughout the day of offering to Agni.[22]

In the Anubandhya sacrifice either a barren cow or an ox was offered to Varuna and Mitra on the day of Soma sacrifice.[23] The Yajurveda is considered the Veda of sacrifices and rituals,[24][25] and consists of a number of animal sacrifices, such as mantras and procedures for the sacrifices of a white goat to Vayu,[26] a calf to Sarasvati, a speckled ox to Savitr, a bull to Indra, a castrated ox to Varuna and so on.[27]

Regarding reincarnation and its associated concept of karma - I have a feeling those got dumbed down tremendously. So you'll probably have many Hindus talking about how they're vegetarian because everything has a soul and they don't want to kill another soul and get bad karma. In the same fashion, I take it a lot of people misconstrue the true meanings of their own religion and it's better to read the source material than to ask the average person.

@RoastBeefCurtains, yeah amusing to see your username in this thread, also somewhat amusing to discuss conquering here - makes my own username highly relevant, haha.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Cattle Rustler - 10-18-2017

Swung a hammer for a couple of hours these past couple of days.

Post about a manly thing you did today - PABeaulieu - 10-18-2017

Last week, I successfully changed the oil, the oil filter and four spark plugs, plus the air filter, on my bike, and it still works fine. Those are things I have never done before in my life.

Thanks to those guys who put "How to" videos on Youtube. It helped me a lot!

Post about a manly thing you did today - YoungBlade - 10-23-2017

Rebuilt a speaker with my buddy today.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Remington - 10-24-2017

I ended my day at work walking out to a flat tire. Changed it and drove home. Now have to go to the tire place to get it patched.

Just another day in paradise.

Post about a manly thing you did today - roberto - 11-08-2017

Yesterday I tore apart the kitchen Rayburn (wood fired range cooker), replaced all the fire cement, removed a fire brick so the oven got hotter, replaced the rope seals, took the flue chamber off and welded up a new one to replace it as it had cracked in half. This thing is a minimum of 60 years old, and parts like the flue chamber are not available. Lit it back up and got the oven up to moderate on tickover and the bathwater scalding hot. She's not run so well for years.

Combined with all the wood I have in forklift bags at the yard we are set for free heat all winter.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Glaucon - 11-08-2017

I put away my motorbike for the winter which included putting gas stabilizator into the tank,removing the battery, WD40 all bolts on the outside, and cover the bike.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Parzival - 11-08-2017

Quit my job...

Post about a manly thing you did today - Leonard D Neubache - 11-08-2017

German rifleman, patriot and political dissident quits his job.

I'm guessing the State Security Apparatus just cancelled annual leave for a bunch of their employees. [Image: lol.gif]

Post about a manly thing you did today - heavy - 12-01-2017

Met a friend at 7a to get a special release of Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout at a local bar. I suppose it's not really that manly, but I decided fuck it, I'll just go in late to work. It was actually refreshing getting out and socializing at a busy bar that early in the morning.

Good morning conversation about all sorts of stuff, politics, work, guns, family, etc.

Might meet the same friend to go look at guns later this afternoon after we talked about it.

I guess part of it is because I'm the type to always show up to work and feel bad even when I'm off work sick.

(also, despite loving good beer, I'm a hater of going to beer snobs who "just have to" go to release party things...but, it was something fun to do)

Post about a manly thing you did today - heavy - 12-03-2017

Girl said to me "you look a lot hotter from a distance"

Now I'm a good looking dude and that may seem like an insult. It is at first glance. But it means I'm screwing up which is the first step in knowing female retartedness...err female sexuality. Nwwbs pay attention, screw up and fuck the haters just proceed with a sloth ly different game plan and improve youre game.

Post about a manly thing you did today - heavy - 12-03-2017

Quote: (12-03-2017 03:34 AM)heavy Wrote:  

Girl said to me "you look a lot hotter from a distance"

Now I'm a good looking dude and that may seem like an insult. It is at first glance. But it means I'm screwing up which is the first step in knowing female retartedness...err female sexuality. Newbs pay attention, screw up and fuck the haters just proceed with a sloth ly different game plan and improve youre game.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Dulceácido - 12-03-2017

I opened a difficult jar of salsa with an oil filter strap wrench...

Now if I could just change my oil with a tasty salsa, that'd be the shit!

Interesting side note, I googled how to open a difficult jar and the number one response was "use brute force." Well, no shit, I wasn't trying to open it with my dick. It's like the next response was put your nuts on top of the jar and smash them with a mallet. Top should pop right off.

Post about a manly thing you did today - torridon747 - 12-03-2017

The easiest way I've found is to get a solid metal object (like a butter knife) and hit the lid of the jar in the center enough to disturb the vacuum but not enough to puncture the seal. Repeat a few times if necessary. Give it a shot next time

Post about a manly thing you did today - sterling_archer - 12-03-2017

No, do this. Take the butter knife and push it between lid and the thread in the glass. That distance is small but big enough for butter knife to push into. You will hear pop of vacuum escaping through the place where you put the knife. Lid will then open with literally no force used.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Dulceácido - 12-03-2017

I dunno. Prolly wouldn't make this thread with some Holly Homemaker resolutions. Although, opening with an oil filter wrench made me feel like a goddamn Viking! lol

Post about a manly thing you did today - ShotgunUppercuts - 12-03-2017

I changed a couple of windsheilds out.

Changed my oil the other day.

Post about a manly thing you did today - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 12-03-2017

I took my wife for exploratory surgery to see how bad her cancer is. It's stage 4, but thank God, it's not beyond treatment. Took care of her, and encouraged her through her first chemo treatment.

Post about a manly thing you did today - netguy68 - 12-03-2017

Quote: (12-03-2017 08:47 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

I took my wife for exploratory surgery to see how bad her cancer is. It's stage 4, but thank God, it's not beyond treatment. Took care of her, and encouraged her through her first chemo treatment.

Our prayers are with you.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Kurgan - 12-03-2017

I decided to give away books I read (mostly graphic novels) to the local library as a way to lessen my junk. I came to the conclusion that I don't need comics as a comfort thing as I've learned to do meditation and improve my life and have less of a negative outlook.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Geomann180 - 12-03-2017

Since YoungBlade is shy, I thought I'd post this for him.

G

Post about a manly thing you did today - Cane Toad - 12-03-2017

I'm sitting back with a cold beer watching a storm roll in. The girlfriend is asleep in bed after doing the shopping for me. And now I can just listen to the rain and thunder and enjoy my beer.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Dragan - 12-04-2017

painted a house.

Post about a manly thing you did today - El Padrone - 12-04-2017

Be strong RoastBeef. Will keep you in my prayers.

Post about a manly thing you did today - Cane Toad - 12-04-2017

Quote: (12-03-2017 08:47 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

True strength...there are no other words