Roosh V Forum
Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) (/thread-40116.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Uya - 06-29-2016

So in February, I was in Jakarta for a month and I will return there in August for another three weeks, since my family owns a pretty sick penthouse around Kuningan/Setiabudi and it will be solely at mine and a friends‘ disposal for the time being there.

About myself: 23 y/o, student from Germany, 6“1, 176 lbs, pretty mixed, but mostly persian looking.

In February, I was there for a mandatory internship at a hospital. I was pretty much the only foreigner working in that 36-storey skyscraper building, wearing a doctor‘s coat. Everybody would look and smile at me: staff and patients. Everyone thought I was a doctor, and all the doctors wanted to befriend me. At one point, they were filming a movie in my storey and the staff told me to starr in it (which I regret not having done). All in all, it was pretty hilarious. The nurses were super friendly and cute and I think 50% of them wanted to hook up with me. 98% of them are hideous though.

Concerning clubbing: I only went out like four times, but ended up with a girl everytime. All you have to do is to show up, but that will only get you ugly ones, as it did for me two times. For better ones, you have to put in some work. I did not try hitting on the really hot ones, which I will do the next time I am there. Clubs were Blowfish, X2, Dragonfly.

I did not try daygame, as I have never really done that before, but I want to start there because I imagine it will make it easier if I have some success there and then start daygaming in Germany instead of directly starting here.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - LatinoHeat - 07-02-2016

Quote: (04-26-2016 11:18 AM)Satoshi Wrote:  

Guys who are coming in and out, do you need to pay 35$ visa on arrival every time? Coming in yesterday the officer told me that I would put it in their system that I won't have to pay next time. Wondering if it's just me getting VIP treatment or if it's for everybody.

https://flyonward.com/en/ by the way worked great.

Yeah I agree, Flyonward.com works like a charm, just used it here in Costa Rica where the airlines have become huge nazis about having a flight out, got me past all the gatekeepers no problem.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - LatinoHeat - 07-02-2016

Hey guys,

I just managed to book this sucker for just 80,000 airline points I got this full itinerary in first class all way, I don't think i've ever looked forward so much for a 40 hour flight lol! woohoo! [Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_07_02_at_8_55_47_PM.png]

Going to be spending 17 nights in Jakarta. Aug 26 - Sept 12. My original plan was to head to Bali, but I realized:

1. I'm getting my fix of ocean and surf right now, don't need anymore, got my fix.

2. All I did in Bali last year was focus on banging girls from Tinder and nightgame. Had good success (3 lays in about 12 days) the majority local girls from Jakarta or other regions, so might as well just head to the source, right?

3. I am super mega ultra level of horny. After spending most this year in Florianopolis, Brazil ... absolute stunners, never seen so many 10s, but only 1 lay in 3 months. The logistics are terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE there, and the competition is fierce AF. And this is coming from a guy who speaks Portuguese and put in some moderate effort online and night game (no day game) Completely different from Rio & the rest of Brazil.... Anyways, then I spent 3 months in my parents house to save money, now I'm currently stuck in Jaco, Costa Rica, since i'm doing lots of work with my biz partner who lives in a small town 20 miles down the road and let me tell you the girl scene here sucks, its all working girls and the local chicks don't want to be even seen with you here. so yeah [Image: tard.gif] Get me to SE Asia asap!! [Image: tard.gif]
4. My flight out to Japan is from Jakarta so why bother flying to Bali and back ...

At least I am working out like crazy and surfing every day, and have a dependable kush guy. Its not so bad here, but damn dude I have got to get to SE asia before I go crazy!!!

Basically I haven't been in a logistically favorable situation and/or easy place to get laid since Bangkok last year so I figured fuck it why not give this place a shot for 17 days.

I saw some cheap hotels, but I saw everyone kept mentioning this name "Thamrin Residences" so I scooped up a modern studio in this famous building.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_07_02_at_8_26_46_PM.png]

Is this a good price about $30/night? I saw some 2 star hotels close by for cheaper but they looked quite crummy ...

Does anyone know the internet situation there as of mid-2016? I work on the internet and need at least 2-3mbps upload, are there good coworking spaces?

Anyways I look forward to meeting anybody else who is in the area at the time. If anyone is looking for a lifting buddy or wingman I will be around!

Thank you everyone for this epic thread, I read all 11 pages. I can't wait to visit this off the beat destination.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Brodiaga - 07-02-2016

Yrs, an airbnb in thamrin residences is a steal at 30 bucks per night. You'll have a blast.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - CodyB - 07-03-2016

Quote: (07-02-2016 10:17 PM)frankiecred Wrote:  

Hey guys,

I just managed to book this sucker for just 80,000 airline points I got this full itinerary in first class all way, I don't think i've ever looked forward so much for a 40 hour flight lol! woohoo! [Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_07_02_at_8_55_47_PM.png]

Going to be spending 17 nights in Jakarta. Aug 26 - Sept 12. My original plan was to head to Bali, but I realized:

1. I'm getting my fix of ocean and surf right now, don't need anymore, got my fix.

2. All I did in Bali last year was focus on banging girls from Tinder and nightgame. Had good success (3 lays in about 12 days) the majority local girls from Jakarta or other regions, so might as well just head to the source, right?

3. I am super mega ultra level of horny. After spending most this year in Florianopolis, Brazil ... absolute stunners, never seen so many 10s, but only 1 lay in 3 months. The logistics are terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE there, and the competition is fierce AF. And this is coming from a guy who speaks Portuguese and put in some moderate effort online and night game (no day game) Completely different from Rio & the rest of Brazil.... Anyways, then I spent 3 months in my parents house to save money, now I'm currently stuck in Jaco, Costa Rica, since i'm doing lots of work with my biz partner who lives in a small town 20 miles down the road and let me tell you the girl scene here sucks, its all working girls and the local chicks don't want to be even seen with you here. so yeah [Image: tard.gif] Get me to SE Asia asap!! [Image: tard.gif]
4. My flight out to Japan is from Jakarta so why bother flying to Bali and back ...

At least I am working out like crazy and surfing every day, and have a dependable kush guy. Its not so bad here, but damn dude I have got to get to SE asia before I go crazy!!!

Basically I haven't been in a logistically favorable situation and/or easy place to get laid since Bangkok last year so I figured fuck it why not give this place a shot for 17 days.

I saw some cheap hotels, but I saw everyone kept mentioning this name "Thamrin Residences" so I scooped up a modern studio in this famous building.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_07_02_at_8_26_46_PM.png]

Is this a good price about $30/night? I saw some 2 star hotels close by for cheaper but they looked quite crummy ...

Does anyone know the internet situation there as of mid-2016? I work on the internet and need at least 2-3mbps upload, are there good coworking spaces?

Anyways I look forward to meeting anybody else who is in the area at the time. If anyone is looking for a lifting buddy or wingman I will be around!

Thank you everyone for this epic thread, I read all 11 pages. I can't wait to visit this off the beat destination.

A TL;DR summary of this thread for someone such as yourself who is staying quite a while would be

Sunday-Thursday the nightlife is not great.
The city of Jakarta is quite unpleasant
Tinder will blow the fuck up if you're decent looking
Make dates through the week and try and get the girls close to you

Have fun.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Global Entry - 07-03-2016

Cody knows it and can tell it. I'll just add a little but more detail.

Thamrin is a quick walk in sweltering heat (or take a moto or taxi) to the two big malls everyone knows, Plaza Indo and Grand Indo. Those will generally provide your meeting point for tinder/DIA/whatever. They're both laden with coffee and dessert places. For the weekends, Immigrant night club is right inside one of the malls as well, but again, if you walk there, you might be pretty damn sweaty by the time you arrive. Taxis tend to queue up outside Thamrin residences where the bank machines are.

There's a food court in the thamrin shopping mall next door. Left out the main exit, as if you're walking to Grand Indo, you'll quickly hit a big old fashioned mall that mostly sells indonesian clothing. Depending on how adventurous you are and how much you like indonesian food, you can hit the food court there. There's also, even closer to Thamrin residences, a coffee place, Tanamera Coffee, that does a very good cup - in the office building just next to Thamrin residences. Its got decent wifi, and you can head up to the third floor if you want somewhere a bit less trafficked to work. Of course, it doesn't get the high heel traffic of the places that are in Grand Indo and Plaza Indo.

Thamrin Residence itself, when it gets hot, for the right girl, can be a direct pull, as it has a pretty decent swimming pool. Girls that seem a little less shy, more dtf, just have them come over for a swim. If they can't swim well, have them come over for a swimming lesson. Did this several times. There's also a hot tub, though purportedly its off limits to women (I've seen women get in anyway) and don't expect any privacy.

Thamrin Residence itself has several small cafe type restaurants which are the first and second floor (balcony) fronting the main road to the complex. THere's a bit of an assortment, including a shisha place, on the second floor (and a pizza place, as well as a french one, if memory serves). Decent enough food, not expensive and can be used as a very proximate date locale as well.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Roardog - 07-06-2016

Getting into Jakarta Friday evening and staying through to Tuesday. My hotel is in the financial district in south Jakarta. Any recommendations for places in that area?
A couple of guys have already hit me up via PM but if anyone else will be around as well let me know.

Quote: (06-02-2016 07:31 PM)Roardog Wrote:  

Heading to Jakarta in mid July and really excited for it after reading this thread! Just did a bit of a look through Tinder as well and the talent looks amazing.
Unfortunately I'll only be there for a few days, arriving on Friday 8th July and heading off again on the 12th July. If anyone will be there then send me a PM.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - mttt - 07-10-2016

Is it only me or is the amount of quality yet affordable condos scarce in Jakarta.

A lot of guys say thamrin residence, which looks like OK value for money going at around 35£ per night. But for a mid term stay , say 1-3 months that's over 1000GBP per mth.

Also makes me feel we ll bring the same Bristol cities back to the same condo, just each time a different guy...

I feel bkk is a condo heaven compared to that. Even Manila has plenty options, although not as quality.

Perhaps I am missing the trick ?

Apart from airbnb are you guys scanning elsewhere perhaps ?

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Satoshi - 07-10-2016

I don't know if I would like to stay in Thamrin residence long term. The place is alright but I stayed in two different rooms in two different buildings and wasn't very impressed with either building. Entrance from the garage in four of five buildings. Only one building can be entread without going trough the garage I think. I don't know how old the complex is but it's not very well taken care off. That pizza in the front, fake pizzahut, was the most disgusting pizza I ever had. One of the minimarks sell beer.

I will probably never go back to Indonesia. Not much I liked there at all.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Brodiaga - 07-10-2016

^I would also like to know more about other places with great logistics in Jakarta which are cheaper and/or better than apartments in Thamrin City (Thamrin Residences and other apartment buildings nearby).

And yes, many sluts already know their way around Thamrin and probably have even visited the same airbnbs more than once.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - whiteknightrises - 07-11-2016

Posted in a Jakarta meetup thread but figured I might post here, too
--
I'll be in Jakarta from 7/27-8/2 if anyone's keen on meeting up

A little info about me:

Korean-American guy with decent looks/game - I expect the Korean thing to help a lot but maybe not as much as Thailand

Like nightgame (clubs) more than daygame - though down to do some of that, too since it seems like Jakarta is a pretty boring place during the daytime

Let me know if you want to meet

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - mttt - 07-11-2016

Thanks satoshi, by the way how speedy/stable was the network @thamrin ?

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Satoshi - 07-11-2016

The first one I stayed at was good because it was a cable. Could do videocall without problem. Second one was just a shitty 4g dongle.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Global Entry - 07-11-2016

I think certainly for some of the older guys staying closer to kuningan city mall and hence the Jw Marriott and loewy area could be preferable to staying in the grand indo area. If you don't have plans to go to immigrant then I would say it makes this proposition even stronger. Kuningan city has two condo buildings directly attAched to it. I stayed in one for around 55 a night last year and it's a cleaner and newer building than thamrin. In addition there is a large supermarket and food court in the basement of kuningan city mall (towards the end that has the Outback Steakhouse). Even if you're paying slightly more than you would in thamrin it's a nicer place and the availability of the grocery store should offset part of the cost of being there. There's a club inside one of the condo buildings but it always seemed dead. By way of warning while you'll be close to a few spots in the kuningan area and it's fairly nice around there traffic to go the grand indo area is awful until perhaps nine pm. Certainly eight. And girls coming from other parts of Jakarta to meet you in kcm will be dealing with that traffic and often be very late.

The Outback Steakhouse seems to be an after work happy hour spot for folks working for the insurer in the building next door to kcm. Saw a bunch in a mixed crowd and opened them all up at the bar. Two decent looking girls in the mix. Might check in on a weekday and see if it's a regular thing. they wear the same uniform shirt so they're easy to recognize.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - KYT88 - 07-12-2016

Quote: (07-11-2016 11:51 PM)Global Entry Wrote:  

I think certainly for some of the older guys staying closer to kuningan city mall and hence the Jw Marriott and loewy area could be preferable to staying in the grand indo area. If you don't have plans to go to immigrant then I would say it makes this proposition even stronger. Kuningan city has two condo buildings directly attAched to it. I stayed in one for around 55 a night last year and it's a cleaner and newer building than thamrin. In addition there is a large supermarket and food court in the basement of kuningan city mall (towards the end that has the Outback Steakhouse). Even if you're paying slightly more than you would in thamrin it's a nicer place and the availability of the grocery store should offset part of the cost of being there. There's a club inside one of the condo buildings but it always seemed dead.

Behind Kuningan City and Ambasador Mall/ITC is Karet which has hundreds of places available. Vary a lot in price and facilities, but basically you are renting a room. The cheapest aren't livable and go for less than $50/month. Southhouse behind Kuningan City is around $700/month and seems to be aimed at expats. You can either walk around and look or use http://www.infokost.id to see whats available.

Lots will rent daily, weekly or monthly. You have to check if they allow visitors, sometimes they want to charge or other times have curfew you just need to make sure you find out before hand.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - whiteknightrises - 07-18-2016

Kind of random but don't think I saw it mentioned anywhere

Is there anything girls like to drink in Jakarta? Like in Bangkok a lot of girls seemed to like whiskey

Thinking of buying a bottle from duty free but don't want to show up with a bottle of Jameson or Johnny and have girls say they only drink Vodka/Cranberry

(The alcohol would mainly be for them)

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - wolfpack - 07-21-2016

Quote: (07-18-2016 10:08 PM)whiteknightrises Wrote:  

Kind of random but don't think I saw it mentioned anywhere

Is there anything girls like to drink in Jakarta? Like in Bangkok a lot of girls seemed to like whiskey

Thinking of buying a bottle from duty free but don't want to show up with a bottle of Jameson or Johnny and have girls say they only drink Vodka/Cranberry

(The alcohol would mainly be for them)

Vodka (smirnoff or absolute) or Jack Daniels and if you feel froggy jose quervo/patron = either 3 or all will do the trick. Also as you already know, they never (or rare few) drinks bintang.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - KYT88 - 07-21-2016

Choose any spirit. Then take the premium version. Labels.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - RichieP - 07-21-2016

I mean, once you have a girl at your place...

The brand of your liquor is not a key factor in your success [Image: wink.gif]

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - whiteknightrises - 07-23-2016

So I couldn't find an answer to this question on here via search

But Googling has told me that PDA is frowned upon in Indonesia. Would you say this is also true in Jakarta? (Would imagine it's a bit more liberal since it's a big city)

I mean I don't plan on groping girls/doing everything short of sex on public transport or anything like in Western countries but like slight touching, maybe kissing/making out, holding hands, leading by the hand

At the very least would like to slightly touch, lead by the hand as I feel it'd be kinda weird to not do that and transition to going to my place and having sex

-I'm mainly talking about during the daytime as I imagine nightlife is gonna be ratchet

Just want to make sure as to show respect to the culture (I'm big on that) and also because I don't want to get executed or anything in what I perceive as a conservative country (being Muslim and all)

For instance,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/729911...ublic.html

says, "Indonesia to ban kissing in public
Travellers caught kissing in public in Indonesia could face five years in jail." But that's from 2004 and there are no recent comments

Thanks guys

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - CodyB - 07-23-2016

Anecdotally, WKR, PDA's ar far more common in Indonesia, ESPECIALLY Jakarta, than Thailand, HK, SG etc. They kiss on the cheek like french, lot's of hand holding couples on the street. Very touch culture in my experience.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - LatinoHeat - 07-31-2016

Quote: (07-11-2016 06:26 AM)mttt Wrote:  

Thanks satoshi, by the way how speedy/stable was the network @thamrin ?

Hey mttt,

I just talked to my airbnb owner. In thamrin residences, if you book an airbnb or similar you will most likely have 1mbps/0.3mbps internet, possibly even slower.

I asked them to upgrade my internet to 3mbps which is the fastest package you can get in Thamrin It was expensive, I am going to have to pay an extra 1.2 million IDR ($95US) but small price to pay for having good internet, as the difference between 1mbps and 3mbps is huge. Upload is much much worse, if you work with large files and multimedia, forget about it.

I've never been to Jakarta, but my general experience regarding stability in Bali and surrounding area is that Indonesian internet is slow but mostly pretty dependable. Mobile 4g for backup is pretty good too. Up until 2-3 years ago the internet was really really REALLY shitty in Indo, but I think its not as much of an issue now as of mid 2016 as it was in mid 2014 so something to keep in mind if you are reading old posts on here.

My friend who is married to an Indonesian said that coworking spaces are popping up left and right in Jakarta and you can get 10mbps and better upload if you need to upload a large file or something, but residential internet is much slower than business (Similar to the situation here in Costa Rica, the max I could get is 10mbps)

Also Travel Tip guys from someone who has been living on airbnb for years [Image: whip.gif][Image: whip.gif] If you need fast internet ALWAYS have your airbnb/vrbo whatever host do a test on speedtest.net and send you the screenshot airBNB owners will always, I mean always tell you internet is "super fast" when they actually have no clue. Here in CR the lady I booked kept insisting she is giving me the apartment with the "fastest internet in town" turns out iwas capped at 1mbps with 0.1mbps upload! (yes 0.1 as in like 56k upload basically). You will find once they send you back the speedtest the internet is much slower then they claim and you can ask them if they can upgrade it for you.

Since i'm already bumping this thread I thought I would ask you guys. What are some good sidetrips to do during the week from Sun - Thurs??? (from reading here on this forum it sounds like Jakarta is totally dead on weekdays. My buddy was telling me most of Java is shitty and dirty and that Semarang and Subaraya are like shittier versions of Jakarta only with more conservative muslim women and even less to do.

However, I was told Badung/Lembang is great for a 2 day trip with a beautiful train ride, might check that out.

Of course checking out Mount Bromo and Malang area is a must. I've been trying to catch an active volcano here in costa rica but not such luck (don't believe the brochures about costa rica, the big explosive volcano "arenal" hasn't been erupting for years). Maybe I get lucky and Bromo will have some eruptions.

I also heard Jogja (aka Yogja/Yogakarta) is worth a nice visit with beautiful temples, good diving near the area and possibly even some surf spots.

I think I will fly to Bromo then take the train to Yogakarta and turn it into a few day trip. My main goal is to make sure I am in Jakarta my 3 weekends there Friday and Saturday nights (aug 26-27, sept 2-3, and sept 9-10). However, outside of that i can do some traveling in between. Anyone in town?

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Vronski - 07-31-2016

Quote: (07-31-2016 12:27 AM)frankiecred Wrote:  

Since i'm already bumping this thread I thought I would ask you guys. What are some good sidetrips to do during the week from Sun - Thurs??

Pulau Seribu (Thousands Islands). It can be reached in 1.5 hour by boat from Marina Ancol. Might be great for two or three days with one or two chicks on board. Choose wisely your island, some are beautiful (really) some are dumps.

Anyer Beach can also be worth the side-trip.

The train trip to Bandung is mandatory. If you want to treat yourself, stay at the Sheraton (Dago area),a Balinese-style resort. As a side note, Sundanese (from Bandung region) girls have the reputation to the hottest of the archipelago .....and as I wrote in another thread, Sundanese food is the best.

East Java (Bromo) is of course also a must do. Malang is a highly enjoyable town, with old Dutch architecture. Surabaya, not so ....it's a quite ugly city.

Yogja is bit too touristic IMO. If you visit Borububur during peak season, there is so many people that you have the feeling to be in Moscow's metro in peak hours.

I disagree about Semarang, it's a city culturally quite interesting, that looks a bit like the old Kota neighborhood in Jakarta. White God Factor will play at its most there, and there is some truly hot girls in Semarang.

Congrats for your interest in Indonesian culture and Indonesian natural wonders (the most beautiful natural wonders in SEA in my opinion). It's bit refreshing, most guys here knowing about Indonesia just Jakarta's clubs and sluts.

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - whiteknightrises - 08-04-2016

Jakarta Trip Report / Mini “Datasheet”

**Incoming long post**

Just got back recently from a 7 day/6 night trip to Jakarta (more like 5 days since I passed out the first day/night and on the last day I just hung out with Freddy_1 briefly before heading to the airport)

Summary:
+3 bangs (all nightgame)
- also banged a hooker for the first time but not counting that. Also 1 of the 3 was my first “shore”

Overall, I really liked Jakarta for the partying and girls part. It’s true there isn’t shit to do during the day, traffic is horrible, pollution is really bad, etc. but as Freddy_1 put it, no better place in terms of easiness/quality. I would be interested in coming back for a weekend – probably to hit the light skin Chinese-Indo scene (any Asian dudes that are down let me know - get the impression Chinese-Indo are more insular when it comes to non-Asians). For reference, I was only in Bangkok for ~4 days last year, but I thought the girls here were hotter (lots of nice bodies) and had a much more sexual vibe. I also think that they are hotter than Koreans in that plastic surgery didn’t seem anywhere near as prevalent and because Koreans are just mostly nice to look at (frigid culture, not very sexual).

Big thanks to booshala, Freddy_1, and Irish. Didn’t get to meet booshala but his data sheet helped out a lot and he was giving me a lot of tips over text that definitely helped. Freddy_1 (will just refer to him as Fred from now on) was the first guy I met in Jakarta and great to hang out with – fun times were had. Dude truly exploiting White God Factor to the max out there haha. Irish straight up has the city on lock – say his name at any club and they’ll probably let you in (joke but semi-serious). Dude rolls with a crew of straight pornstar-looking, fly Indo girls at all times and knows what’s up. Definitely hope to link up with you guys again in the future

Tinder pics of girls so you can get an idea (these are girls that I liked so not a fully representative sample of looks/quality. Also threw in some stuff that I thought was funny and representative of the girls' attitudes towards sex):

[Image: UZRyHUS.jpg]

I actually matched with some (don’t usually get good matches on Tinder) and seemed Fred was actually banging some chicks of comparable quality (White God Factor explained below in further detail)

Budget:
I spent ~$1200 all in for this trip.
-Airbnb 5-10 min walk from Grand Indonesia Mall ~$30/night, ~$200 total incl. fees
-Roundtrip flight from Korea ~$550
-Spending money ~$450
-Could definitely get away with spending less like maybe $1000~$1100 for the week if you don’t spend money on hookers, bribing cops, etc. Also, drinks are Western prices so get some alcohol from duty free and/or have an alternative to alcohol

Lodging:
~$30/night without fees. Next time I might try to negotiate outside of Airbnb and pay in cash to avoid fees/maybe get a better deal but that price was solid for me. Location was ideal as noted, had an ok gym (few dumbbells, cardio machines, basic machines like lat pulldown/cable row), pool, sauna, hot tub, etc. No complaints about the place other than that Uber drivers had trouble finding it and that my room was above this ghetto mosque that just blasts Muslim prayers and stuff randomly throughout the day and ~4:45am at night – slightly annoying but easily fixed with earplugs.

Transport:
All of it (taxis) fucking sucks. Even Uber. Uber is cheaper than regular cabs from what me and Fred noticed but at the same time, the drivers are retarded. They could never find my place and I would wait like 15-20+ minutes for them to come before canceling and getting hit by cancellation fee (only ~$1-2 USD but still frustrating and might add up). I probably had to cancel ~50% of my rides. I suspect it’s because Uber is probably trying to expand hard in the city and doesn’t screen the drivers. Girl I shored on my last night out told me Grabtaxi is good but can’t confirm as I didn’t get to use it.
-People also said Bluebird was reputable but I don’t think anyone is in this corrupt ass city (read my report for “5th night” – pretty sure cabbie was in on the police racket).
-People in this thread mentioned these as reputable (best of the worst IMO, so to say – nothing works like it’s supposed to – 3rd world): bluebird/express/dtaksi/transcab

White God Factor:
It’s too real. Fred told me a girl told him it’s cuz they want half-white babies. That sounds ridiculous but he knows his way around Jakarta so I trust him. The reality is if you’re a white guy you legit get jumped by Indo bitches. I witnessed Fred getting jumped by some chick at the club like straight lunging at him, kissing him, biting his lip (hard), etc. Now, that isn’t representative of what happens all the time and Fred is a pretty tall white guy, but point is, if you are white, things are much easier.
-I did ok for myself as an Asian but I am above average height compared to Indo guys (especially when I go out – I will usually wear shoe inserts that make me ~5’11). I am also Northeast Asian (Korean) so a little less dark, have decent style, and good game. As a non-white person, expect to put in a little more work (but that’s not even saying much…) FWIW, saw a short Japanese guy with a pretty decent girl.
-Being Asian I thought I seemed to attract girls who weren’t as “straightforward” in the sense of molesting me from the get-go / I don’t think I made out with any of the girls before I got to my crib (vs. white guys and Indo girls were all over each other at the club) but not sure if that is correlated with my race. I also look very young (if that plays a role).

Language:
Think someone alluded to this in the thread but it’s not necessary to learn Bahasa before coming. Maybe just learn straight (lurus), left (kiri), right (kanan) for the cab drivers but most girls speak passable to fluent English so I wouldn’t bother unless you plan on staying a while.
-Download Google Translate though to fill in any gaps – used it a decent amount to talk to people – cashiers, cab drivers, girls, etc.
Phrases I actually used:
-how are you - apa kabar?
-im fine - saya baik (bahik)
-good - baik (bahik)
-- bagus = good vs baik im good
-bad - buruk
-English? - inggris?
-beautiful (girl) - gadis cantik (chandig)
-crazy (girl) - gadis gila
-thank you - terima kasih (yw= sama sama)
-sorry/excuse me - maaf/maaf, permisi
-airport - `bahndara
-straight - lurus
-left - kiri
-right - kanan
-how much - berapa banyak?
-water - air(?) (eye-ir)
-delicious - lezat - when kissing girls, etc
-toilet - toilet (doylet)
-Keluar – exit

Nightlife:
Gets going ~12 or later like Korea
Someone said this on here but if you google a club it’ll say days/times it’s busiest (gives you a good starting point)
Thebeatjakarta.com/indoclubbing.com for event calendars – some decent DJs come through for sure
-X2/Equinox - sad I didn't get to check this on a busy night. According to Fred, Equinox (the upstairs part of X2) is great.
-Immigrant - saw it was the pickup spot somewhere in this thread. Definitely true. For reference, I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many guys getting action at a club. Korea, MAYBE you’ll see 1-2 guys a night hooking up with chicks, USA (NYC) maybe ~4-5. But here even the most average of dudes were just going up and it was on
-Fable - Irish told me it's a young vibe. Might be good for me to check out next time. They had Cyril Hahn come through on Friday - would've been interested in going but that's more a chill vibe
-Dragonfly - cool setup but seems more loungey than pickup-y
-BATS/CJs - Irish and I think booshala were telling me these places were options on slower nights (like Sunday). Mostly hookers though
-Illigals - sketch afterhours joint
-Colosseum - another sketch afterhours joint
-Empirica - according to booshala when he came had the hottest girls (more Chinese-Indo scene)
-Blowfish - booshala's friend who lives in JKT says it's the hot spot. A girl from Okcupid told me it's mostly Chinese-Indo

Backstory:
Booshala mentioned this in his datasheet but definitely have one. Every girl asked how long I was staying. My excuse was that I might get sent to Jakarta in a couple months for work so I wanted to go for a week (or a month depending on the girl lol) to check out the city and see how I liked it.

~Trip Report~

1st day/night
-I pass out because I had only gotten 2 hours of sleep the night before and didn’t sleep on the plane either

2nd day
-Wanted to do some sightseeing so went to Istiqlal Mosque (biggest mosque in SE Asia, 3rd biggest in the world), the cathedral across the street from it, and Monas (National Monument – basically a copy of Washington Monument in Washington, DC and the National Mall). Almost passed out from heat and lack of places to buy water. Literally one entrance to the Monas area and I had to walk the whole circumference of the park to get to it – awful. Was interested in going to the top of the actual monument but the line was 2 hours so I said fuck it and that was my sightseeing for the trip.
-Later I had a Tinder date with an Indo girl who I matched with in Korea in January (she had been traveling here) – she wasn’t anything special like a 6. Seemed a bit shy/conservative – invited her back for a drink but she wasn’t down. Think I was a bit touchy – holding her hand, etc. That’s usually what I do but I don’t really do dates or daygame and Fred told me that’s not really the Indo way (touching in public) and that there isn’t really a need – maybe some light touching if you’re sitting by each other somewhere but after that just inviting them back for “a drink” or insert whatever excuse (most will come back)

2nd night
-It was Thursday night which is supposedly pretty dead in Jakarta but I wanted to do something so I went out alone – Irish got in Friday and Fred was tired from all the Indo love. I hit X2 first – it was pretty dead like 20 people total. Started chatting up 2 chicks at the bar as one eyed me as I went to use the bathroom. The one that was eyeing me and that I originally approached says I should talk to her friend (who is way hotter like an 8 for me). Turns out they are both flight attendants on standby mode (there were a few people like this at the club). It was very much a social, chill feel though and I was trying to have a crazy night. The hotter girl asked me when I planned on leaving – I couldn’t tell if this meant fuck off or stay so we can leave together soon because I had been trying to feel her up a little bit and she was hesitant. I'm used to running that type of game in more high-energy environments in Korea but my pulls in Indonesia were pretty chill so maybe I shoulda just chilled with them and tried pulling later on. They had also driven in from Tangerang (airport area) and the less hot one was DD so I thought logistics were bad but as I will allude to again, just assuming it’s on is a good mindset to have.
-I did get some girl (not that hot and weird breath but whatever wanted a bang on first night) to come outside the club with me but she said she had to drive her friends who were visiting from Singapore (I don’t know how, she was so wasted).
-It was here I first noticed that Indo girls have more swag, know how to dance, and carry themselves better (compared to Koreans of a comparative age) – this is probably because Koreans lack independence (most people live at home, some even into their 30s, maybe start work in their mid 20s). And of course the culture is more conservative
-I go back in and see a girl at the bar – obviously working. Older, not the hottest (lots of makeup) but I say fuck it and go for my first p4p. I ask how much – she asks 1 million – I type $30 USD into phone currency converter and it gives 400k rupiah so we go for that. I take her back but I’m not into it all and I kick her out.
-I wanted to keep the party going so I go to Colosseum ~3:30-4AM as I remember reading it was an after hours spot but it was dead. Pretty lame first night but I take the loss and head home

3rd day
-Think I was just trying to set up Tinder dates all day and hit the gym and stuff but to no avail really. Online has never really worked for me though. At the same time, I didn’t have shit to do during the day so why not. Nightgame is easy enough but trying to Tinder bang during the day can help kill the time. (By the way the Internet I think is generally very slow so maybe download some movies or something before you come if you want to watch something).

3rd night (bang)
-First real night out (Friday – Friday and Saturday are the big nights) and I’m pumped. RVFer EinsteinsLaundry who I’ve chilled with in Korea arrives and we pregame at his place. I was on cloud 9 thanks to Phenibut (might write a post on this eventually but it’s like MDMA lite) + alcohol combo (every drink is like 2 drinks on Phenibut). So we get to Immigrant and meet up with Fred and Irish. This place was straight hookup central. I can’t even remember getting rejected (but I was really fucked up). It’s like you’re scared to approach because the first girl you open might be the one you end up taking home (if that makes sense - too many choices). I thought this night was crazier than the next (Saturday). Maybe it’s because there was some famous DJ (Aron Chupa – I don’t know who that is but someone said he’s famous) and people were more live.
-Eventually I meet the girl I’m gonna pull. Solid 7 for me, maybe an 8 at the time given substance abuse. Says she’s 22 but looks mid-late 20s by Korean standards (apparently most Indos look older). I first get her to chill on the balcony with me (basically became my go-to move with girls at first to see if they would be ok with me leading them by hand – probably not even necessary – and to get out of sight of the friends for a little bit). My memory is blurry but basically I tell her to come chill and get a drink – I say it’s very close (my place lol) and that we’ll go back ~2 (I think I pulled ~1:30 but not sure). However, she puts up a good amount of resistance (I don’t think we had made out or anything at the club before leaving) and I finally get the bang ~3. She wants to go back to find her friends and bag – none of which are there. We run into Irish briefly before heading to Illigals to find her friends (supposedly a very sketch club). I thought she was a little “innocent” or “shy” at first but she seems to know bouncers at this sketch club, saying hi to random dudes (probably banged). As Freddie puts it “All sluts man!!” Anyway, we chill at the Burger King next door as she tries to get in contact with her friends. I have fast food for the first time in years and am passing out at BK. We finally meet her friends and go in the club semi-sketch vibes. ~6AM I am soooo tired. Wait ~15 minutes so she gets her face time with her friends then leave and bang again but can’t cum for shit that night. Apparently Phenibut makes it hard to cum and alcohol does that, too, and I generally have a tough time so it’s bad. We pass out for a few hours and I hit it in the morning or should I say early afternoon and jack myself off and blow a nice load in her mouth no homo. She leaves and I die for a bit.
-Pics of girl - for the pics where she is sitting away from me - took them as I was coming back from BK bathroom (PM for password - have rep/post)

4th day
-Just chilled, gymed and stuff, hung out with Fred, tried to recover. Again it was difficult to set up anything online. Might have been because of the weekend or because I wasn’t white, who knows. As mentioned, online isn’t my thing.

4th night (bang)
-Head to the other big name expat club, Dragonfly. Thought I was real fucked up (Phenibut again) at first because I was almost walking into mirrors and stuff (like along the side it’s a bit trippy of a layout) but Fred told me he was having that problem, too. Really cool interior but more of a lounge feel than a pickup feel. To be fair, I don’t think I even approached though. Got to really see Irish in action as I was relatively sober – dude literally owns the city. Had to have had like 20+ people at his table just mingling like a pro – admiring his social chops. Girl he was with for the weekend looks like a pornstar (and most of her friends, too).
-Anyway, me and Fred decide to hit Immigrant – I think ~2. As we’re waiting for Uber, we see one of those insane concept cars you only see in car magazines and at auto shows pull up to the club. Totally expecting some Indo billionaire guy to step out but it’s two girls who are like 20 years old max. I think Fred is like “yo you got a bf?” – didn’t work but I wouldn’t have been surprised if it did. Honestly, I think Jakarta is a top candidate for place you could make sugar baby or stay at home dad a real career path.
-Immigrant is not as poppin as the previous night but it might’ve been because I was less fucked up and we got there late – Fred told me ~2-2:30 is usually pull time so probably peak would be ~1:30-2. Also, no Aron Chupa or whatever the fuck and the ratio is fucked – total sausagefest. Some dimey gives me eye contact and smile so I go in. That kind of girl wouldn’t give me the time of day in Korea. I take her to balcony, chill a bit, but I think I was expecting too much too fast. Like I got the “sober, chilling with friends” vibe from her but like I said – just assume it’s on, even if the vibe doesn’t seem that on (hot girls are usually robots emotionally anyway). Einstein ended up banging her so lesson learned.
-I eventually meet the girl I will bang that night who is like a 5, maybe 6 at best but whatever, it’s getting late, sets aren’t going as well, and I just wanna bang every night. She had a decent booty though. I ask (vs. lead – my usual move) if she wants to leave. She talks to her friend, drinks with her a bit, and is eventually ready to go. I just say “a drink at my place” “5 mins away.” She pays for the cab which is cool. We get to my place and start banging. I say I’m gonna try and cum (get ready to jack myself off) but without me even asking she starts giving me a blowjob. Now, I’m not that into blowjobs or anything but my God – this was by far the best head I’ve ever gotten – my eyes were literally rolling back into my head. I thought she was a little “shy” or “conservative” – like the first girl, I don’t think we made out or anything in the club. But as the venerable Freddie J says, “All sluts man!!!” I banged her on the balcony, too (my first time doing that) but it wasn’t that good cuz of the height difference (shoulda told her to put on her heels in retrospect).
-Misc: she was into Asians whereas most girls (according to her friend) are into whites
-Bitch was also staying at the Shangri La “I spend half my week in Tangerang, half in Jakarta.” She even invited me to brunch the next day. The money in this town was really mindboggling like zero income equality. As Fred put it “you either hanging out outside 7/11 or staying at the Shangri La” hahah. Really a crapshoot being born Indo – either living better than most 1st world people or just another speck of 3rd world dust. Meanwhile, you got American kids “occupying Wall Street” and complaining about “income inequality” – hint: go to work
-Pics of 2nd girl (PM for pw - rep/post please) *Very NSFW - me banging, etc.

5th day
-Made a reservation for 4 for brunch at Keraton. Someone in this thread said it was the best brunch in town. $40 USD (no alcohol) for oysters, kobe beef, etc. No one else woke up but I enjoyed myself. Felt like a jokester just some 20 something shithead walking into some VIP shit and everyone calling me papa (don’t know what it means but I’m guessing daddy or something similar)

5th night (bang)
-Sunday but I wanted to go out. Go to this place Exodus that was listed on Indoclubbing and Thebeatjakarta. No one is there but I am vibing real good to the music (I think alcohol re-initiates the Phenibut or something for me). Feel like I’m in Berlin with the setup and music. ~15 people total in the club, maybe 2 females. I just dance alone for like 20 minutes straight (drugs) and bounce.
-Get a cab to Crown – supposed to be sketch but whatever I like that vibe sometimes. Cab driver says "something something police ok?" I thought he was asking if I was ok that we had to pass a police checkpoint – he had a really innocent look. Was probably in it with the cops though (faggot). I was lying low in the cab thinking cops wouldn’t see me that way – cabbie probably thought I was fucked up. Noticed on maps that he was taking me the scenic route – shoulda hopped out. I see police ahead (shoulda hopped out) but kind of in the middle of nowhere (fuck). At first the cops ask me for 1-2 mil rupiah but I say no. I say I’m gonna call my embassy. They say nothing will change if I do that. I say how much, I’ll give you 100k and they take it. At this point I want to curb stomp the driver and notice he takes me past Crown. I just walk out of the cab as I’m close enough to walk. Fuck that guy
-Get to Crown and it’s sketch as fuck. There are rooms and KTV (apparently Fred’s friend banged a girl in one of the KTV rooms) and a couple clubbing areas. The main area is so dark you could probably bang someone and no one would even know. I’m scared to get too fucked up and even approach (mostly hookers anyway) not so much out of approach anxiety but for safety concerns. Not sure I’d recommend this place unless you go with a local. Could find your organs on Alibaba.com or something if you’re not careful. Even the cashiers looked faded as hell.
-I go to another room which I think they call the lounge – a bit brighter so you can see people. I see a girl eyeing me so I approach. I ask her if she’s working (she is) – she has a decent body with slightly Indian features – darker skin, more defined nose - 7 for me. I just chat her up anyway as I figure there isn’t much possibility of anything tonight. I guess the Phenibut is still in my system from Saturday as I’m pretty chatty. She tells me she had a Korean ex (good sign). Though he was the typical brutish Korean male so I think I had a nice contrast (I think I’m pretty nice/polite but still sleazy/go for it lol). I say I got no money to pay her but that she should come back and chill. I offer her Phenibut and vodka and start telling her about Phenibut (sex is good for girls according to GoodLookingLoser, music sounds good and you feel more social – MDMA lite, no anxiety and you feel relaxed). She can maybe tell it’s working because I am having a really good time. Finally she agrees to come over just to “chill.”
-We get to the crib and she’s shocked by Phenibut, takes pics of the pills, etc. She seems a little weirded out so I pop one pill to show her I’m not an organ trader or anything. To be honest, it usually takes 4-5 hours for it to kick in for me so it probably wouldn’t have done anything for her anyway – at least not for a while. She takes it and we’re just chilling listening to some music.
-We eventually kiss and start banging – I drop a decent load (considering sex and stuff the past few days – brunch oysters probably helped) on her right as the guitar part hits in this song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWcjRfpKOzA) ~2:37 – listen to the whole thing. Fucking glorious
-We get to talking about drugs (real crackhead night…) and she tells me about the Indo drug scene a little. Weed, x, ice (meth) seem to be popular. Tells me that her Korean ex usually would last like 2 secs in the sack (stereotypes!) but sometimes they’d do some meth and go for like 5 hours or even the entire day. Fucking insane country haha
-I guess this is my first shore? Gave her some Phenibut (cheap as shit), a little vodka, paid her cab. She seemed like a “freelancer” – told me she goes to Crown twice a week. All at the tender age of 22
-We are on the balcony chilling, she’s smoking a cig – I give her one of mine – this LA Ice clove cigarette shit the flight attendant from the very first night showed me - tastes nice no homo (I don't smoke normally but smoked a bit this trip). It’s bright out, I think I’m way fucked from the Phenibut as it becomes very interesting to look at things – I’m admiring the scenery. I see the mosque that wakes me up in the morning – it’s part of this Jungle Book-esque complex of 3rd world tin huts with banana republic type palm trees… right below this Thamrin gated community of 40 story high-rise buildings… The polluted purple-orange sunrise in the distance looks nice
-We’re chilling on the bed, she says I look sleepy (I am) but I don’t want to fall asleep as I feel she’s gonna rob me. I get her an Uber (takes forever as usual) to take her to her place (~40-50k rupiah).
-This night was probably the most interesting to me – somewhat of an alternative experience
Pics of girl (pm for pw - rep/post please) *NSFW - jizzed on her

6th day/night
-Hit the pool/hot tub. Super tired but have a Tinder date. Girl has a slightly grating Western-ish attitude. Not terrible but not someone I’d want to see again. Was interested that she had the same “Myers Brigg” type as me (INTJ – very rare, very analytical/brainy/introverted type). She was 27 but looked 19 and acted like it like her personality decided her destiny or something. Ate Korean food at Grand Indo together (not good) and got her back for a drink. Tried to kiss but she wasn’t down. Maybe I coulda pushed for it more but I ran out of vodka and was so tired/didn’t care at that point.. ended up passing out for 11 hours

7th day
-Chilled with Freddie for a bit before hitting the airport.

Random thoughts
-A lot of people (girls, too) seemed to think I was Indo, maybe Chinese-Indo. I asked Fred if they tried speaking Bahasa to him, too but it was just me. Some people would give me a bow (probably thought I was Japanese – many of them here)
-Clubbing is more fun than Korea – more open culture, drugs, etc. The DJs are also decent whereas Korea everyone spins the same commercial EDM trash - at least in the big clubs.
--Your clothes still smell like shit though since everyone smokes in the club – good thing there was some Febreze in the room
-I think a big reason for the easiness is like Thailand, I didn’t see any Indo guys I thought were “alpha.” They all look 3rd world, or are gay, don’t approach, etc.
-Previously mentioned but the money in Jakarta is crazy. The last Tinder date I had – her ancestors were kings and stuff. Don’t know what girls/their parents do – maybe some corrupt government official type gigs but I would seriously consider trying to become a reverse gold digger here
-The tap water is really bad – don’t drink it
-Get your embassy’s info on a phone note or something
-Lots of girls seem into Justin Bieber and Myers Brigg (Tinder profiles)
-Bahasa is not as annoying to listen to as Thai or Chinese (no offense) – don’t think there are tones
-Surprisingly not many bugs
-Don’t be an idiot like me and get 750ml Absolut Korea edition from duty free cuz you think girls will like it. (It sucked) Just get the full 1L of something standard and just buy mixers. That extra 250ml might have gotten me one last bang from Tinder (she was starting to get slightly tipsy/more talkative)

Great trip - really fun city. Looking forward to coming down here again - hopefully see what's up with the Chindos!

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish) - Shimmy - 08-04-2016

Great report... although your buddy Fred sounds like quite the spaz!