Roosh V Forum
Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. (/thread-8880.html)

Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. - popeyearms76 - 12-13-2011

Thought I would share this interesting read from gadling.com. Start reading about a fifth of the way down the page about this unfortunate guy. Damn, hope something like this never happens to me. Be vigilant for buckets on rooftops, especially in Ecuador!

http://www.gadling.com/2011/04/06/i-was-...d-t-shirt/

What is your take on petty crimes in Ecuador (or South America)? Is it noticeably different than Europe? Any interesting stories you have, please share. Thanks!

Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. - Cr33pin - 12-13-2011

i feel like if i had time to realize that someone dumped shit on me an more then likely it was the 2 men rushing me... id snap an try an beat them to death...

Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. - Roosh - 12-13-2011

Seems like everyone gets robbed in Quito. I got pickpocketed there.

Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. - Soma - 12-13-2011

One non-violent, petty theft where they get only his camera and he's on the first flight home to mommy? Weak sauce. Best of luck to him as a "travel writer."

Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. - Saladin - 12-14-2011

Quote: (12-13-2011 08:51 PM)Soma Wrote:  

One non-violent, petty theft where they get only his camera and he's on the first flight home to mommy? Weak sauce. Best of luck to him as a "travel writer."

Dude got shit on. Literally.

I think an experience like that would scar anyone. Its not the robbery thats scary, its the whole getting a bucket of shit on your face.

Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. - latinapuslover - 12-14-2011

Quote: (12-14-2011 01:22 AM)torontokid Wrote:  

I think an experience like that would scar anyone. Its not the robbery thats scary, its the whole getting a bucket of shit on your face.

LOL. yea a bucket of shit and getting robbed would sure make me one leave a country. especially when there are better places out there.

Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. - popeyearms76 - 12-14-2011

He had it coming though. A big DSLR camera, plus not being part of a group, and seeming a like a tourist made him seem like an obvious mark. Story of a lifetime! I was looking at the LP book for Ecuador too, and it seems this bucket thing is a trend, or it is the same guy (antarctica)

http://www.amazon.com/Lonely-Ecuador-Gal...Descending

Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. - chochemonger1 - 12-14-2011

Quote: (12-14-2011 03:55 AM)latinapuslover Wrote:  

LOL. yea a bucket of shit and getting robbed would sure make me one leave a country. especially when there are better places out there.

I've been living in Quito, Ecuador for a couple of years because my mother is from here and I have some business and investments that are doing pretty well (Now, they are providing me with enough passive income to be able to travel year round). I would say that occasional theft and even a bucket of shit wouldnt be that big of a deal, if the country had some strong compensating factor: such as Easy Hot Woman. Since it doesnt, I would not recommend Ecuador to anybody on this forum. That is why I travel to Colombia and Brazil often and, in February, I'm heading to the Philippines for a couple of months.

Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador. - Hencredible Casanova - 12-14-2011

Quote: (12-13-2011 05:28 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Seems like everyone gets robbed in Quito. I got pickpocketed there.

Yeah, seriously. That's the one South American city where it seemed like just about every gringo I met got robbed, and usually at nighttime in the aptly named "Gringolandia" district. Fortunately for me, I didn't experience anything like that.