rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Interesting "bucket" thievery technique in Ecuador.

Thought I would share this interesting read from gadling.com. Start reading about a fifth of the way down the page about this unfortunate guy. Damn, hope something like this never happens to me. Be vigilant for buckets on rooftops, especially in Ecuador!

http://www.gadling.com/2011/04/06/i-was-...d-t-shirt/

What is your take on petty crimes in Ecuador (or South America)? Is it noticeably different than Europe? Any interesting stories you have, please share. Thanks!

i feel like if i had time to realize that someone dumped shit on me an more then likely it was the 2 men rushing me... id snap an try an beat them to death...

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Seems like everyone gets robbed in Quito. I got pickpocketed there.

One non-violent, petty theft where they get only his camera and he's on the first flight home to mommy? Weak sauce. Best of luck to him as a "travel writer."

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (12-13-2011 08:51 PM)Soma Wrote:  

One non-violent, petty theft where they get only his camera and he's on the first flight home to mommy? Weak sauce. Best of luck to him as a "travel writer."

Dude got shit on. Literally.

I think an experience like that would scar anyone. Its not the robbery thats scary, its the whole getting a bucket of shit on your face.

Quote: (12-14-2011 01:22 AM)torontokid Wrote:  

I think an experience like that would scar anyone. Its not the robbery thats scary, its the whole getting a bucket of shit on your face.

LOL. yea a bucket of shit and getting robbed would sure make me one leave a country. especially when there are better places out there.

He had it coming though. A big DSLR camera, plus not being part of a group, and seeming a like a tourist made him seem like an obvious mark. Story of a lifetime! I was looking at the LP book for Ecuador too, and it seems this bucket thing is a trend, or it is the same guy (antarctica)

http://www.amazon.com/Lonely-Ecuador-Gal...Descending

Quote: (12-14-2011 03:55 AM)latinapuslover Wrote:  

LOL. yea a bucket of shit and getting robbed would sure make me one leave a country. especially when there are better places out there.

I've been living in Quito, Ecuador for a couple of years because my mother is from here and I have some business and investments that are doing pretty well (Now, they are providing me with enough passive income to be able to travel year round). I would say that occasional theft and even a bucket of shit wouldnt be that big of a deal, if the country had some strong compensating factor: such as Easy Hot Woman. Since it doesnt, I would not recommend Ecuador to anybody on this forum. That is why I travel to Colombia and Brazil often and, in February, I'm heading to the Philippines for a couple of months.

Quote: (12-13-2011 05:28 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Seems like everyone gets robbed in Quito. I got pickpocketed there.

Yeah, seriously. That's the one South American city where it seemed like just about every gringo I met got robbed, and usually at nighttime in the aptly named "Gringolandia" district. Fortunately for me, I didn't experience anything like that.