Roosh V Forum
Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Douglas High School shooting in Florida (/thread-67241.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - heavy - 02-19-2018

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/965297849285177344][/url]

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Once Was Not - 02-19-2018

Quote: (02-19-2018 02:42 PM)911 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2018 02:13 PM)Once Was Not Wrote:  

They're really pushing the propaganda with these teens. Shit is all over the place with them yelling and being all outraged at...Trump. And just advocating for "gun control" in general. Fucking Trump is to blame for all this, of course. Bunch of useful idiots, fucking Blonald Blumpf is le hitler and dividing us guise, pls take our evil guns away. I guess everyone just forgot about the legal responsibly gun owner who chased down and killed that dude who shot up a church.

It's sure getting difficult for me to discount false flagging as tinfoil hat nonsense as we get more and more examples of the FBI either blatantly ignoring huge threats or almost losing control of operations like that muslim dude at that fair. Sure, maybe not done by conventional means, but this fucking coordinated agenda pushing immediately after the fact is raising my suspicions coupled with almost every day we find out even more clear as day evidence this dude was going to kill people. I mean, how many of these dangerous people are they aware of and what is stopping them from just selectively letting things happen? We even have evidence there are hardcore leftists in the FBI with those Trump haters and their texts. Also, zero information on the Vegas massacre since it went down. Guess there is nothing to worry about then, FBI surely has everything under control, back to sleep...zzzzz

Yes indeed, they're targeting the youth, shaping the opinions and values of the next generation, long game... 90% of young Americans now favor gun control.

I don't know. I still have hope Generation Z, or whatever it's called, will be the most right wing in some time. Millennials for sure are too far gone, but these ones are our best shot. Though it won't mean much if they're still blue pilled on women and firearms. Nationalism will collapse just as quickly as it was revived. Trump has to stand firm on this, he is our only hope of being the catalyst for the revival and strengthening of nationalism.

I'll admit it's not looking good, the propaganda is just overwhelming right now. Might as well put the rifle on trial instead of this guy the way people are freaking out.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - DamienCasanova - 02-19-2018

Quote: (02-19-2018 04:07 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

Something along the lines of a psychiatric evaluation. I don't have the answers but maybe that would be a start.

This is the left's ultimate goal...to make everyone undergo a psych eval to buy a gun.

And then you realize every liberal psychologist (but I repeat myself) will just say you're crazy if you want to buy a gun, or find some instance from your past where you were sad or depressed to deny you your gun rights. This is a very slippery slope, and would 100% be abused and cause a massive loss of 2nd amendment rights.

But that same psychologist would say you're mentally fit to cut your dick off and have a sex change, something that was a profound mental illness just a few years ago is now a celebratory event for progressives. Remember, liberals OWN the psychological and counseling industry completely, it's a vast majority of women, and the soy boys that are in the field are largely cucked. Good luck finding a "red-pilled" psychologist of any kind like a Jordan Peterson in the real world. You do not want to put gun owners fates in the hands of such a liberal leaning industry.

Once you allow the libs to open the "mental health check" door for firearms, then they will just classify wanting to own a gun as a mental illness in a few years and that will be it for the 2nd amendment.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - TigerMandingo - 02-19-2018

Quote: (02-19-2018 05:24 PM)DamienCasanova Wrote:  

This is the left's ultimate goal...to make everyone undergo a psych eval to buy a gun.

I don't think this is a left vs. right issue anymore. The US stands alone in the developed world with these kinds of loner shootings. We don't have to be on the opposite side of the fence with the left on EVERY issue. This is where our interests converge.

If your only argument is "muh 2nd amendment" then I can't really debate you on that.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Once Was Not - 02-19-2018

There is some dude on my local news trying to compare this to the fucking holocaust. We've reached peak retardation over this.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - DamienCasanova - 02-19-2018

Quote: (02-19-2018 06:01 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

I don't think this is a left vs. right issue anymore. The US stands alone in the developed world with these kinds of loner shootings. We don't have to be on the opposite side of the fence with the left on EVERY issue. This is where our interests converge.

If your only argument is "muh 2nd amendment" then I can't really debate you on that.

You just ignored all my talking points and want to try and belittle my argument down to "muh 2nd amendment", and not even attempt a discussion.

And by your own admission

TigerMandingo Wrote:
I don't care about guns one way or another, but hypothetically speaking, if we made it harder for people to obtain guns - would it be such a bad thing?

You don't have a dog in this fight, why are you even chiming in if you don't care about guns, no one wants to hear your irrelevant opinion. One second you don't care at all and the very next you want to tell everyone what to do and what's best for them.

This is all i've got for you.

[Image: landscape-1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif]

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Aurini - 02-19-2018

No, they don't. We have plenty of them in Canada.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - DJ-Matt - 02-19-2018

Something along the lines of a psychiatric evaluation. I don't have the answers but maybe that would be a start.

And then you realize every liberal psychologist (but I repeat myself) will just say you're crazy if you want to buy a gun, or find some instance from your past where you were sad or depressed to deny you your gun rights. This is a very slippery slope, and would 100% be abused and cause a massive loss of 2nd amendment rights.

But that same psychologist would say you're mentally fit to cut your dick off and have a sex change, something that was a profound mental illness just a few years ago is now a celebratory event for progressives. Remember, liberals OWN the psychological and counseling industry completely, it's a vast majority of women, and the soy boys that are in the field are largely cucked. Good luck finding a "red-pilled" psychologist of any kind like a Jordan Peterson in the real world. You do not want to put gun owners fates in the hands of such a liberal leaning industry.

Once you allow the libs to open the "mental health check" door for firearms, then they will just classify wanting to own a gun as a mental illness in a few years and that will be it for the 2nd amendment.

They already do this here, if you want a concealed carry permit you can't have had any psych stuff in your background check. And yes being treated for stuff like depression would count.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Apollo Redux - 02-19-2018

Quote: (02-19-2018 09:08 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

They already do this here, if you want a concealed carry permit you can't have had any psych stuff in your background check. And yes being treated for stuff like depression would count.

^^^

One of many reasons how small changes in gun laws can lead to a slippery slope where your right to carry is taken from you.

When I had got my conceal and carry permit a decade ago, the law enforcement officer teaching my class told me that choosing the right woman to be around would be more important than my selection in firearm because if you run have a crazy girlfriend or wife who accuses you of a crime (domestic battery/assault, etc.) then your right to carry is immediately revoked and failure to comply would result in a felony (Class C or D), regardless of whether or not you are convicted of said crime.

And this is a law in what is probably considered the most pro-gun state in the U.S....

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - YossariansRight - 02-19-2018

Quote: (02-19-2018 06:13 PM)DamienCasanova Wrote:  

You just ignored all my talking points and want to try and belittle my argument down to "muh 2nd amendment", and not even attempt a discussion.

And by your own admission

TigerMandingo Wrote:
I don't care about guns one way or another, but hypothetically speaking, if we made it harder for people to obtain guns - would it be such a bad thing?

You don't have a dog in this fight, why are you even chiming in if you don't care about guns, no one wants to hear your irrelevant opinion. One second you don't care at all and the very next you want to tell everyone what to do and what's best for them.

This is all i've got for you.

[Image: landscape-1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif]

Cognative dissonance: it’s everywhere.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - TigerMandingo - 02-19-2018

Quote: (02-19-2018 06:46 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

1/10 of the population, no significant crime to speak of, and for the most part the people aren't hopped up on antidepressants and other shit like that.

Apples and oranges.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - spokepoker - 02-19-2018

All you want to do is whittle away at gun ownership.
Instead, learn about guns, lean to be a responsible gun owner, and instill those strong values in your children.
We didn't used to have this problem when more people had guns. So what changed?

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Leonard D Neubache - 02-19-2018

Quote: (02-19-2018 09:54 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

1/10 of the population, no significant crime to speak of, and for the most part the people aren't hopped up on antidepressants and other shit like that.

Apples and oranges.

So do you want a crime ridden nation hopped up on antidepressants who are disarmed or do you want an armed nation that's crime and antidepressant free?

You're being led by the nose toward the elite's agenda. They create a problem and then sell you a solution (invariably a reduction of your rights) to that same problem they themselves created.

[Image: awas-do-opposite-of-what-jews-c-spy-1067311.png]

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - RexImperator - 02-19-2018

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - porscheguy - 02-20-2018

Am I the only one who thinks all of these kids they’ve been interviewing on msnbc seem to be a little too coherent and coached? For having suffered this major tragedy, you’d think many of them would be too fragile at this point to go grandstanding in front of news cameras.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Dragan - 02-20-2018

Anyone noticed the glaring school security omission? Literally no talk of the school security situation pre-shooter. That's because there was little to no security.

Media makes up narratives as they go. They are not searching for truth, they've already created their own.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Dragan - 02-20-2018

More of a culture issue or a question of "why can't we have nice things?"

Even in gun friendly countries like serbia, finland, norway, switzerland, there are nowhere near as many gun-related issues or mass shootings.

Something about our culture, or some portion of our citizens, just can't handle guns...

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - captain_shane - 02-20-2018

Liberals will get a civil war if they try and confiscate guns. I don't think they understand what they're getting themselves into.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Simeon_Strangelight - 02-20-2018

Quote: (02-19-2018 09:54 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

Apples and oranges.

That's true. Even Michael Moore's documentary of Columbine noted that Canada has gun ownership at the same levels, but much lower amok-runs.

He stupidly focused on guns and harassed Charlton Heston, but actually his reasons given why the US is more crazy than Canada came down to

+ highly different media
+ more volatile nature in schools and society including much greater struggle for survival than in Canada

I don't think that he went into psychotropics so much, because back then there was less information on them.

But on the other hand - there may be other factors at play. Even in ancient times the Canadian North American Indians thought that the tribes on US territory were far more violent and crazy.

Of course - all of that does not explain why in the past everyone was armed and there were no school shooters, but now things have gotten severely out of hand so fast.

That is how disintegration of the morals and structures of society look like when you go down from a 80-90% stable family rate and sound ethical basis to a single motherhood hellhole.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - nomadbrah - 02-20-2018

Quote: (02-20-2018 12:39 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Am I the only one who thinks all of these kids they’ve been interviewing on msnbc seem to be a little too coherent and coached? For having suffered this major tragedy, you’d think many of them would be too fragile at this point to go grandstanding in front of news cameras.

There's always that subset of young people who know EXACTLY what the "adults" aka the elites want to hear.

Yesterday's well spoken youth is your oppressor tomorrow.

Want to be these teens go into youth politics real soon?

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - lavidaloca - 02-20-2018

Quote: (02-20-2018 03:07 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

That's true. Even Michael Moore's documentary of Columbine noted that Canada has gun ownership at the same levels, but much lower amok-runs.

While normally I will agree with you. I am confident in the fact that gun ownership in Canada is significantly lower than in the US.

Michael Moore can say whatever he wants but it is absolutely incorrect. The numbers I find tend to suggest that Canada has about 30% of the guns that the US has. However, the usage of Canadian guns is vastly different than the US. Most of those guns are going to be owned by hunters not people who carry them as protection. I suspect hunters are also more likely to own multiple guns than someone who has one for protection.

My guess is the true number of gun ownership in Canada is about 15% that of the US.

When you have a population of people buying for protection vs. a population buying to hunt animals a couple weeks a year you are going to have a different type of gun culture.

You also absolutely can't walk the streets with a gun in Canada. From a globe and mail article...

"There are just two categories of individuals who are allowed an authorization to carry: those who require one because of their occupations and those who need one for the "protection of life." They need to get an authorization from the chief firearms officer for their province or territory. The average number of authorizations to carry issued was 8,169 per year between 2005-2011" - Thats for a population of over 36 million. Keep in mind that 8,169 people per year would include police officers, security, etc.

I can't comment on the truth of this. In my entire life here I've only ever seen 2 guns. They were both antique shotguns on the wall at a friends house.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Hypno - 02-20-2018

I think some of you have it backwards.

The reason there are so many shootings at schools rather than other public places is because schools are gun free zones. So somehow that magic law that made them gun free doesn't work against criminals, just law abiding citizen-victims.

Doubling down on magical thinking that some law is going to protect you is not rational. Its the law - the prohibition of guns - that makes you the target.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - TigerMandingo - 02-20-2018

Quote: (02-20-2018 05:53 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

I think some of you have it backwards.

The reason there are so many shootings at schools rather than other public places is because schools are gun free zones.

Then why aren't there more shootings at shopping malls? Those are gun free zones, too. This has nothing to do with that, that's why. This is about mental health, fucked-up families, kids being medicated, and American obsession with guns. I also agree with Quintus that it should be MUCH easier to have someone committed to a mental hospital.

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - Dusty - 02-20-2018

[Image: DWZzfqdVAAEokX2?format=jpg]

Douglas High School shooting in Florida - MMX2010 - 02-20-2018

The psychiatric profession (used to) have something called the Goldwater Rule, which worked hand-in-hand with Doctor-Patient-Confidentiality.

The Goldwater Rule admits two things (1) Psychologists have a ton of power, which should never be exploited for political purposes, and (2) the Hippocratic Oath says "The primary rule of all doctors is FIRST DO NO HARM".

So the Goldwater Rule declares that no psychologist should either declare or imply that anyone is suffering from any mental illness if they haven't personally met and diagnosed that person.

The Goldwater Rule was steadfastly followed from its creation in 1964, until 2016 when Trump was elected.

Because the Goldwater rule was broken, the entire psychiatric profession is no longer a politically neutral medical profession. Therefore, I 100% oppose all laws forbidding "mentally ill" people from obtaining guns.