Roosh V Forum
Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities (/thread-59858.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Disco_Volante - 12-11-2016

This is on top of the > 1 million immigrants that come here legally every year. Plus illegals.
There's 2 possible outcomes:

They all magically adopt limited government right wing values to some extent
or
USA is done. 8 years of Trump will be the last stand then the Marxists will have majorities in Florida and probably Texas. Obama has scheduled 110,000 muslims to be 'resettled' here in 2017, on top of the legal and illegal immigration numbers. That will easily make up for the margins Hillary lost by.

Are there many historical examples of non-whites running right wing governments? Or do they just vote left wing due to the obscene benefits system given to them in white countries? It looks very grim to me.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Delta - 12-11-2016

I don't understand why anyone here believes it takes elite private schools and connections to make it in this world. That's a leftist rationalization for why economic mobility tends to be low, and it's a myth. Sure, you can probably find some study purporting a correlation between schools' pricetags and their students' life outcomes, but correlation does not imply causation. Only high-IQ elites can afford to send their kids to swanky private schools, and children tend to turn out like their parents. Nothing remotely groundbreaking. The surest path to success in life is as follows:

Step 1: Do reasonably well in high school.
Step 2: If you did well enough to earn a scholarship at a 4 year college, go there and enjoy some well-earned fun making friends and chasing pussy. Otherwise, start out at community college which is fairly inexpensive.
Step 3: Study a practical field that isn't oversaturated with aspirants, and maintain a decent GPA.
Step 4: Apply for jobs until you get one.
Step 5: Don't blow massive amounts of money on bullshit you don't need.

It really is that simple. I spent my entire educational career at mediocre public schools, never had any sort of private tutor, never had a connection help get me a job, and I now earn more money than I know how to spend while most of my peers are busy digging out of debt and complaining about how the system is rigged against them.

My case is not unique. Almost everyone I know with a good job and good life never attended an expensive private school, and went into fields they had zero connections in. From my observations, there are only 3 things a child needs to be given in order to maximize his/her probability of success:

1. A high IQ
2. An upbringing in a safe neighborhood
3. Involved parents who stress hard work and responsibility

#1 and #3 have nothing to do with money, and #2 is affordable to anyone who isn't dirt poor. Don't buy into this nonsense that raising a couple of children is economically infeasible for most people in one of the most affluent societies ever to exist. Stalin hits the nail on the head that any middle class and up couple who believes they can't afford children is incredibly misguided as to what it takes to raise a successful adult. If you're wiling to spare the time to instill proper values in your child, you've already accomplished more than $500K worth of private schooling ever could.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Samseau - 12-12-2016

Quote: (12-11-2016 12:58 AM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

This is on top of the > 1 million immigrants that come here legally every year. Plus illegals.

or
USA is done. 8 years of Trump will be the last stand then the Marxists will have majorities in Florida and probably Texas. Obama has scheduled 110,000 muslims to be 'resettled' here in 2017, on top of the legal and illegal immigration numbers. That will easily make up for the margins Hillary lost by.

Are there many historical examples of non-whites running right wing governments? Or do they just vote left wing due to the obscene benefits system given to them in white countries? It looks very grim to me.

Something else I hadn't considered earlier in this thread:

If Trump does massive deportations, and allows greater immigration of White Europeans fleeing the destruction of Europe, then we can stall the demographic takeover for a lot longer.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - therealpoder - 12-12-2016

As far as demographics are concerned, I think what will happen is that the definition of who is white will expand.

People who look white or have lighter skin from Latin America, the Middle East or Americans with at least one white parent will be considered "white". Race is America will be more like it is in Brazil/Latin America. "White" will be more inclusive than it is at present.

Also, second generation Hispanics seem to be more conservative that newly arrived immigrants. They still lean left but much less so than newly arrived Hispanics. Assimilation people already here and limiting immigration is the key.

Importing whites from other western nations will keep America "white" but since European whites are more leftists than American whites, that really isn't a solution to preventing America from becoming more leftist.

Articles for references:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/44...ity-theory

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.n...ent=safari

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Leonard D Neubache - 12-12-2016

^It's a solution in as much as the right wing Euros will flee to the US, particularly with Trump at the helm.

The leftist cucks over there will man the oars of their sinking diversity ship by and large. The smart ones will come with up with some half-assed excuse to leave, but they will be few in number.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Libertas - 12-12-2016

Quote: (12-12-2016 09:01 AM)therealpoder Wrote:  

As far as demographics are concerned, I think what will happen is that the definition of who is white will expand.

People who look white or have lighter skin from Latin America, the Middle East or Americans with at least one white parent will be considered "white". Race is America will be more like it is in Brazil/Latin America. "White" will be more inclusive than it is at present.

Also, second generation Hispanics seem to be more conservative that newly arrived immigrants. They still lean left but much less so than newly arrived Hispanics. Assimilation people already here and limiting immigration is the key.

Importing whites from other western nations will keep America "white" but since European whites are more leftists than American whites, that really isn't a solution to preventing America from becoming more leftist.

Articles for references:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/44...ity-theory

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.n...ent=safari

I was about to say something akin to this, though a bit different.

"Hispanic" is pretty much a bullshit term that was made up in the 70's. When they say majority-minority births, they include "Hispanic." Which could mean white Argentinian or even Spanish people in the United States just as much as it could mean a black cuban.

Take that into account and things skew a bit.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - TravelerKai - 12-12-2016

Quote: (12-12-2016 08:14 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

or

If Trump does massive deportations, and allows greater immigration of White Europeans fleeing the destruction of Europe, then we can stall the demographic takeover for a lot longer.

I hate that idea. You would be trading one set of liberals for another. We do not have state mandated 6 weeks of vacation either. Almost all Americans also work 40 hours a week at a minimum. They are used to more handouts than any Latinos would ever be.

We need to stop looking at this from a color perspective. America needs to learn how to be self sufficient from it's own people. Anytime a country needs to import people to add value, they are starting the death process as a civilization. We don't need their shitty values. We don't need to constantly waste time trying to assimilate more groups, when we can barely assimilate a full 100% of blacks and latinos and they have been here decades.

Australia did tax rebates for all new babies for a while and now, last time I checked, they will be pulling it back, because it worked.

The average baby costs ~10,000 dollars in the US. The NYTimes had an article about this. We are the most expensive first world country to have a baby in. That needs to be fixed. I would gladly have 2 more kids if it would not make me ultra poor. Problem is, I am not poor enough Obamacare wise, to get a price cut. Only the poor here can have cheaper babies. It doesn't take a genius to see why that is a bad idea.

What is it going to take for this to change? A war with North Korea? Waiting until the last minute to fix bad social policy, is a terrible practice. Human children take a long time to raise and mature. If this country realizes it needs more births to make up for a large lack of people, the momentum of that negative effect will snowball. This is something people should have paid alot more attention to, but unchecked individualism had a curse, no one of major influence, was willing to point out.

A fundamental problem with America is that it will not be able to make adjustments that are in the "interest of the state", in comparison with countries that have more leeway and autonomy to invoke it's own interests (China, Russia, etc.), due to political correctness. If we can fix this PC phase, we might stand a chance at reversing this problem, before it hits the point of no return. Freedom costs. For every faggot dancing around producing nothing, it probably takes 4-6 more people taking care of business to sustain this. Problem is, gays are not the only people not contributing enough. Plenty straight people are not taking care of home (USA). They would rather worship stupid animals day and night (cats and dogs).

When will Trump have the gall and the leeway to have a "Grandpa Talk" with this country at a State of the Union Address and use math and statistics to paint the picture? Is he even aware of this? I don't know, but he still cannot make people do right, but he could help incentivize it possibly. That still might not work. Having that talk and offending 80% of the country might work better or just flat out backfire, but at the end of the day, Americans need to grow thicker skin and stop acting like little children. Last time I checked, Planet Earth still isn't fair and it is still a very dangerous place.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - kosko - 12-12-2016

Quote: (12-12-2016 08:14 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

or

The white euros who will all vote Democrat? The white euros have no issues locating in middle America either as many are not urban focused as most migrants as long as there is a sting of common country folk present there.

People still dreaming Trump is some savior for Europe...

Europe, and especially the Euro as a mess is advantageous for the USA. Euros also demand high wages where you can still source (if needed) skilled tech labourers from India and elsewhere. Europe simply has nothing to offer the USA aside from cheese and wine. USA has been baling out Europe via military aid for decades. Don't be surprised if Trump is quite hostile to Euros as he is showing a greater emphasis to pivot and align with Russia and East Asia. Euro is at odds with both those blocks.

UK is the only natural partner for Trump and the USA as the transfer over are more fluid and UK, even as it goes trough it's Brexit pains is still mostly independent and not fully within the Europe sphere.

Like I am picturing some loser diplomat from Sweden calling a person at State Dept to try and get the USA to sign on some dumb program to get rid of gender conforming clothing colors in Namibia. Trump and his team wouldn't even return the call. That is how insignificant Europe is to America. I would argue Canada is more important due to the trade relationships, Europe isn't on that same level IMO.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Guriko - 12-12-2016

Quote: (12-11-2016 10:50 PM)Delta Wrote:  

I don't understand why anyone here believes it takes elite private schools and connections to make it in this world. That's a leftist rationalization for why economic mobility tends to be low, and it's a myth. Sure, you can probably find some study purporting a correlation between schools' pricetags and their students' life outcomes, but correlation does not imply causation. Only high-IQ elites can afford to send their kids to swanky private schools, and children tend to turn out like their parents. Nothing remotely groundbreaking. The surest path to success in life is as follows:

Step 2: If you did well enough to earn a scholarship at a 4 year college, go there and enjoy some well-earned fun making friends and chasing pussy. Otherwise, start out at community college which is fairly inexpensive.
Step 3: Study a practical field that isn't oversaturated with aspirants, and maintain a decent GPA.

It really is that simple. I spent my entire educational career at mediocre public schools, never had any sort of private tutor, never had a connection help get me a job, and I now earn more money than I know how to spend while most of my peers are busy digging out of debt and complaining about how the system is rigged against them.

My case is not unique. Almost everyone I know with a good job and good life never attended an expensive private school, and went into fields they had zero connections in. From my observations, there are only 3 things a child needs to be given in order to maximize his/her probability of success:

1. A high IQ
2. An upbringing in a safe neighborhood
3. Involved parents who stress hard work and responsibility

#1 and #3 have nothing to do with money, and #2 is affordable to anyone who isn't dirt poor. Don't buy into this nonsense that raising a couple of children is economically infeasible for most people in one of the most affluent societies ever to exist. Stalin hits the nail on the head that any middle class and up couple who believes they can't afford children is incredibly misguided as to what it takes to raise a successful adult. If you're wiling to spare the time to instill proper values in your child, you've already accomplished more than $500K worth of private schooling ever could.

I am in agreement with Delta.

I believe future middle class parents are nowadays over thinking and overanalyzing situations within their heads which is causing them to stand still.

Paralysis by overanalysis?

To paraphrase Bertrand Russell:

[Image: bertrand-russell-quote-fools-wise-men-quote.jpg]

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always popping out babies, and wiser people are full of doubts to even have one.'

I am not saying that it is not a challenge to raise a child properly today but what I am saying is that if the parents are committed to it then they will certainly be able to achieve it.

Even if they make some mistakes down the road, so what?

How many of us have found this forum during a darker stage within our lives, when we've blamed everything and everyone but ourselves for the predicament we've faced and found the way again with the help of the RVF brothers?

I know I have.

There is no perfect way to raise a child.

People say that I'm a model son who must deeply love his parents for how they've cared about me and got me the best of things, yet for a couple of years there was a seething rage within me against my father and mother for breaking up and I almost quit med school because of that.

They did the best according to the knowledge they've possessed and their capabilities, which you've made me realize.

Here I am walking down my own path with the fundamentals they've given me.

I believe this is key - the right fundamentals, because everyone will get shaken in their lives at least once.

This is not a question of 'if' but of 'when' and if a child has gotten the right fundamentals, like I did, then they will find the way again, I am sure of it.

1. Discipline.
2. Love of hard-work.
3. Honesty.
4. Frugality and how to invest in low fee dollar cost average index funds.
5. Importance of one's word and credibility.
6. A zest for life.
7. Truthfulness.
8. Importance of sex.

And what do we call all of this combined? The Red Pill.

And you don't need a lot of money to teach the Red Pill to a child.

You only need a father who has found himself a suitable companion and you're set to go.

Will it be hard?

Sure.

But I've yet to see a smile greater than the one on a Man who is the de facto patriarch of his family.

Case in point: Trump.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - zatara - 12-12-2016

Quote: (12-12-2016 09:01 AM)therealpoder Wrote:  

This is what has happened historically in the US. Originally, Irish people weren't considered white because they weren't WASPs. In the mid 19th century there were huge nativist movements horrified at the levels of Irish immigration corrupting America's cultural and social fabric. 'No Irish Need Apply' and 'No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish' and all that.

Then, in the early 20th century, Irish people became socially accepted because mass Italian immigration was the new fear. Irish people were accepted as white because they were good pale Northern Europeans at least, unlike these swarthy Mediterranean Italians.

By the mid/late 20th century Italians had become accepted as white, because waves of immigration coming across the Southern border had cemented 'hispanics' from Central/South America as the new fear.

The concept of 'whiteness' to Americans has always been quite fluid, and will definitely evolve over time. It does always make me laugh when you get people obsessing over 'white pride' and all that when their grandfathers probably wouldn't have been considered white by their peers. I wonder if in 100 years time you'll have hispanic-descent Americans in white-power groups protesting about the fear-du-jour.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Samseau - 12-12-2016

First of all, "Whiteness" actually does expand, LITERALLY, not just figuratively. The genes are recessive and eat out other genes over time. Even Blacks are becoming Whiter over time.

Second of all, the Euros I envisage moving to America are not the left-wing types, but those who hate their countries because they've been taken over by radicals. Nearly 50% of every European country are voting "far-right" in their elections, these people will be eager to assimilate into patriotic Americans. I actually have some good friends from Europe who immigrated here over a decade ago and are very conservative/libertarian in outlook.

The leftist brainwashed aren't the types who will want to come to America, with all of our "guns and violence." Let the pussies stay in Europe, we want whatever bits of testosterone are left in Europe. Also, there will be plenty of women who get older and realize their left-wing beliefs were lies, such as seeing their friends get raped, and will tend to over-react by becoming ultra right-wing as well. Immigration properly done is a boon to the right but it's much more difficult. It's far easier for the right to ban immigration since 80% of the world does not share American values.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - armenia4ever - 12-12-2016

It's very expensive to have kids - up until after the 3rd kid and the price then goes WAY down. Since my wife is pregnant, and I already have one infant - we get Medicaid. I made about 17k last year and my wife pulled in a few thousand herself. It's not much money, but besides rent, electric, car insurance, and our phone bill, we have no other expenses. (I'm on pace to maybe pull in 20k this year.) We also just got WIC. (Where we live in Missouri, its a bit harder to get FoodStamps, but we are going to try that as well. Kudos to Clarey on Enjoying the Decline and making use of government programs in the mean time.)

This makes it far more affordable - and a bit less stressful budget wise - to make ends meet. Luckily, my parents have done things like buying us diapers on occasion as well as some clothes and formula. Babies go through ALOT of food.

Essentially, you need some support - from friends and/or family. My wife's parents who live near us sometimes babysit, which is huge as well. Childcare expenses are insane - which either means your wife has to stay home, or you have to find a cheap daycare. (Usually per child, per week, its about 100$ near me.)

All things to think about. If you make too much, like around 30k or so a year, you probably wont qualify for Medicaid, and your bills for just the health insurance alone will be pretty steep with kids. If you are very poor - you can qualify for ALOT of programs. While you may not be able to ever go out much, have any spending money, you still can live with a huge family.)

You have to be poor though.

It creates an imbalance we are already seeing.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - therealpoder - 12-12-2016

I think the argument that you need a super high family income to have kids is somewhat flawed when you think that upper middle class and wealthy are having the fewest children while poorer and moderate income people have the most children.

Take this family for example with a single income earner and 13 kids.

https://www.aei.org/publication/a-single...ing-small/

I remember in high school that one of my teachers had 9 kids and his wife was not rich either.

I think have at least 3 kids is totally feasible by being frugal. A lot of western women are just focused on consumerism and random hook ups instead of forming families.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - TravelerKai - 12-12-2016

Quote: (12-12-2016 01:13 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

First of all, "Whiteness" actually does expand, LITERALLY, not just figuratively. The genes are recessive and eat out other genes over time. Even Blacks are becoming Whiter over time.

Second of all, the Euros I envisage moving to America are not the left-wing types, but those who hate their countries because they've been taken over by radicals. Nearly 50% of every European country are voting "far-right" in their elections, these people will be eager to assimilate into patriotic Americans. I actually have some good friends from Europe who immigrated here over a decade ago and are very conservative/libertarian in outlook.

The leftist brainwashed aren't the types who will want to come to America, with all of our "guns and violence." Let the pussies stay in Europe, we want whatever bits of testosterone are left in Europe. Also, there will be plenty of women who get older and realize their left-wing beliefs were lies, such as seeing their friends get raped, and will tend to over-react by becoming ultra right-wing as well. Immigration properly done is a boon to the right but it's much more difficult. It's far easier for the right to ban immigration since 80% of the world does not share American values.

That still does not fix anything Samseau.

I think we are missing out on a core component here. This country is just not "family oriented" anymore. It's still very much a live fast and die young society and getting worse. The social policies alone, are not tuned for sustaining a society that wants to survive. We are currently not built for longevity. More and more young people want nothing to do with marriage, let alone child raising. Like Armenia4Ever posted, it just flat out costs too much.

There is plenty we can do with who we have here legally. Immigration as a perpetual policy was never going to work forever in America. Could America afford to never reproduce enough (in house) in the future and just keep importing new people in 200 years from now? What if America is an absolute joke internationally? Nukes are not people.

If Russia, China, South Korea, the Philippines, or other countries are the countries of choice to migrate to, what are you going to do? In 200 years this country could easily be half the population it is now with rusty shit everywhere, not just the rust belt. All these assets will lose most of their value and the land could get sold to other entities or countries. The Chinese have been buying skyscrapers and anything else they can get their hands on.

If America is not even in the top 5 countries GDP wise, will it still have a bunch of people just dying to get in? What about under the top 10 GDP? What if America is no better than it's Latin neighbors?

White looking people from other places are not going to fix something you are not willing to fix in-house. Once they get here, their kids will fall into the same trap (which is what Scorpion was trying to explain to us). Self destructive social policies or a lack of policy, are going to eventually undo any and all efforts you try to reverse. This is what I referred to as "Snowball effect".

We are seeing Japan, Italy, and similar places begin to collapse because they are smaller than us. The civilization of Easter Island and other civilizations that collapsed long ago, failed to realize the error of their ways, before it got out of control. Greenland people could not fix their soil fast enough. Easter Island people could not replant their trees fast enough. Japan nearly collapsed at one point in history due to stubbornness with their Shinto religion. Fortunately for them, they snapped out of it and nearly took control of Asia.

It's not too late to fix this country, but it will not always be destination number 1 or even number 2 forever. VP Biden caught heat for shaming Chinese International students for not staying after finishing their university degrees here. He could not understand why they would go back home instead of living here. Let's not fall into an arrogant trap like him with that same style of thinking. Those kids aren't stupid. They can see through the fakeness we puff ourselves up with. They know they would struggle alot here for basic things trying to keep up. They know it is harder to raise a family here.

Better urban and social planning can undo the damage, but only if people will be willing to invest in their own fellow Americans and for the long haul. Not just the next 5 years, like your typical American Corporation does. Real actual long term planning.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Alpro - 12-22-2016

Quote: (12-09-2016 02:48 AM)John_Galt Wrote:  

I was kicked out for saying my step-mother is a bitch. That's how disconnected they were.

Or perhaps because you were a whiny little bitch.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Kid Twist - 12-22-2016

Quote: (12-12-2016 11:35 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

A fundamental problem with America is that it will not be able to make adjustments that are in the "interest of the state", in comparison with countries that have more leeway and autonomy to invoke it's own interests (China, Russia, etc.), due to political correctness. If we can fix this PC phase, we might stand a chance at reversing this problem, before it hits the point of no return. Freedom costs. For every faggot dancing around producing nothing, it probably takes 4-6 more people taking care of business to sustain this. Problem is, gays are not the only people not contributing enough. Plenty straight people are not taking care of home (USA). They would rather worship stupid animals day and night (cats and dogs).

Great stuff, Kai.

I'm always hopeful, but deep down, I "know" it ain't gonna happen. I asked God for one last win, we got it ... but the Empire started its decadence phase long ago, sadly. I promised I wouldn't ask for more, and I won't.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Constitution45 - 12-23-2016

I honestly can't see men my age (24-25) being able to raise a family in the U.K. With all fairness to them, it isn't necessarily because they are Beta male millennials, they all have something going for them. But firstly the cost of living is too high, even if you are earning something along the lines of £30k-40K a year; you will probably have to live at home for a couple of years with mum and dad. In order to save enough money to get on to the housing ladder. For those who don't do this, then the alternative is to flat share in a disgusting part of London while forking out over half of your salary on rent. Admittedly, quality of life is cheaper and probably more natural outside the big cities, but your salary will be substantially reduced.

Secondly, culture and family, girls and game. This has been done to death before on this forum. Due to gender dynamics and all the issues surrounding that, how many men can realistically settle down. The incentive kind of gets rubbed out when you see men on the 7/8 out of 10 in terms SMV scale of things; ending up with single mothers or ex party girls in their mid 30s. Both parties go along with it, but everyone knows that it kind of removes the whole point of having a family.

Culturally, even with Donald Trump in power, there will be constant attempts to undermine and invert all social norms. The difference between the generation who lived under Thatchers government in the 1980s and those who grew up during the Labour Years is evidential to this. Point being, raising a family on your terms will be incredibly difficult. Despite the popular consensus that teenagers are rebellious, the truth to the matter is that; teenagers are essentially sheep. It is only because popular culture demands that being rebellious against your parents is some sort of rite of passage. That so many young people stray from their families and eventually go down paths that they sometimes can't retrace back from.

I have repeated on this forum time and time again, how easy it would be to reverse all of these trends we are seeing. Just by looking at the East or Israel, in recent years, they have gain massive population boosts. And it should be added that these have all been in the construct of strong nuclear families. Simply by creating economic incentives and changing tax laws, essentially making it profitable to have many children, while being married.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Tytalus - 12-23-2016

I know it's expensive to have kids, but if us white guys don't actually go around knocking more women up regardless of finances (and maybe marrying them) - I'm not sure we have a leg to stand on and whinge that we're going to be more of a minority in the future.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Excelsior - 12-23-2016

Quote: (12-11-2016 10:50 PM)Delta Wrote:  

I think the rationale has its roots in what people are trying to get to.

What you've outlined is a pretty reasonable, rational, practical path to a comfortable middle class lifestyle.

What folks are looking for is a path to the 1%. That path, more often than not, goes through elite private secondary and post-secondary (as well as graduate) schools - these are the places where the bulk of the future elite financiers, corporate lawyers, and other high level white collar professionals will be trained. For most, getting on this path is the only viable way to go from middling to 1% in a generation - the game is strongly rigged against those who aren't on this path.

That goal/expectation (1% or bust) may or may not be rational, but I do believe it is relevant here. People's expectations are that their kids surpass them and get to the top of the pyramid (or closer to it), and it has become increasingly expensive to ensure that your kid gets on the most feasible path to that level.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Sonoma - 12-23-2016

The reality is though that many Hispanics assimilate and effectively become "white" after a few generations.

The left loves to talk about minorities, but the reality is that most of them assimilate and effectively become similar to the majority (many Nigerian immigrants and Asian immigrants are basically white when it comes to culture after a generation or two, and many immigrant families have cultural practices that are very similar to those of early 1900s America)

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Samseau - 12-23-2016

TravelerKai,

I agree with everything you wrote. My positions on immigration are only meant to be viewed as a short term solution. Long-term solutions are far more important.

Speaking of which, look at this article. California has the lowest birthrates EVER, lower than the Great Depression!

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/...story.html

[Image: 750x422]

Not looking good! Even the hispanics who come here go sterile over time.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Hell_Is_Like_Newark - 04-10-2017

Quote: (12-08-2016 02:54 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (12-08-2016 02:33 PM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  

How many of those birth are covered in one form or another of government assistance? i.e. WIC That is the number I want to know.

Right here. Government subsidies incentivize having multiple children for poorer people.

If you are a single woman or single man you get no access to subsidies. However, pop out a kid an now you can get EITC credits, subsidized housing, free daycare, free school lunches, food stamps, free medicare for everyone in the household. Lets not forget to mention child support for the single moms.

Kaiser Foundation provided an answer. The % of Medicaid births is scary>

[Image: kaiserpng-dc056fcbe41f264d.png]

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Hell_Is_Like_Newark - 04-10-2017

Quote: (12-08-2016 11:51 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

And this thread is equal parts hilarious and embarrassing. A lot of guys totally out of their depth here. The age and experience gap is glaring on this issue. The economic issue with children is not the everyday stuff like food, clothes, entertainment, etc... As Atlanta Man and Hell Is Like Newark pointed out, the problem is mostly an issue of the explosive costs of education (with the associated housing expense of living in the right ZIP code or else even more expensive private schools) and healthcare. These things are enormously more expensive than they were a generation ago and wages have declined or stagnated for most people. It's a recipe for disaster.

Atlanta Man is 100% right that the educational and social environment your children are in from age 0-12 will have an enormous, and likely determinative impact on them. To be frank, you're a complete fucking idiot if you choose to send your kid to the average public school these days. A responsible father would do everything in his power to ensure the best environment to raise his children in. And the problem is that securing a good environment in 2016 is multiple times more expensive than it was when most of us were growing up. More and more people are being squeezed out of the middle class, and their kids are paying the price by receiving a godawful public school education, with teachers who don't give a shit and peer groups composed of "students" who care even less.

No one is talking about iPads when they say how expensive it is to have kids now. They're talking about the exorbitant costs it takes to simply avoid having your children sitting in a classroom at age 8 where half of the other children will have criminal records by the time they're 18.

I found a private school (preschool thru 6th grade) that looks interesting for two reasons:

1. Hands on learning with an emphasis on STEM stuff (starting grade 1).
2. Lots of physical activities.

Schools have been restricting or getting rid of recess completely and then expecting hyper active boys to sit quietly all day (essentially teaching them like you would girls). You have to have boys burn off that excess energy.

The hands-on aspect makes learning a lot more interesting. Book learning only gets tedious. I remember as a kid falling asleep at my desk out of shear boredom... in grade school with the monotony of book learning only.

$16k a year (ouch!). We plan to have three kids.... (ouch! ouch! ouch!). Turns out the better private schools having waiting lists. So the wife and I will take a tour next week sometime, even though the 'bun hasn't left the oven yet'. Might have to apply for a place a four years in advance.

Yet I pay a fortune in property and income taxes to a public school system my kid will never set foot in.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Genghis Khan - 04-10-2017

Quote: (04-10-2017 09:31 AM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  

Quote: (12-08-2016 11:51 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

And this thread is equal parts hilarious and embarrassing. A lot of guys totally out of their depth here. The age and experience gap is glaring on this issue. The economic issue with children is not the everyday stuff like food, clothes, entertainment, etc... As Atlanta Man and Hell Is Like Newark pointed out, the problem is mostly an issue of the explosive costs of education (with the associated housing expense of living in the right ZIP code or else even more expensive private schools) and healthcare. These things are enormously more expensive than they were a generation ago and wages have declined or stagnated for most people. It's a recipe for disaster.

Atlanta Man is 100% right that the educational and social environment your children are in from age 0-12 will have an enormous, and likely determinative impact on them. To be frank, you're a complete fucking idiot if you choose to send your kid to the average public school these days. A responsible father would do everything in his power to ensure the best environment to raise his children in. And the problem is that securing a good environment in 2016 is multiple times more expensive than it was when most of us were growing up. More and more people are being squeezed out of the middle class, and their kids are paying the price by receiving a godawful public school education, with teachers who don't give a shit and peer groups composed of "students" who care even less.

No one is talking about iPads when they say how expensive it is to have kids now. They're talking about the exorbitant costs it takes to simply avoid having your children sitting in a classroom at age 8 where half of the other children will have criminal records by the time they're 18.

I found a private school (preschool thru 6th grade) that looks interesting for two reasons:

1. Hands on learning with an emphasis on STEM stuff (starting grade 1).
2. Lots of physical activities.

Schools have been restricting or getting rid of recess completely and then expecting hyper active boys to sit quietly all day (essentially teaching them like you would girls). You have to have boys burn off that excess energy.

The hands-on aspect makes learning a lot more interesting. Book learning only gets tedious. I remember as a kid falling asleep at my desk out of shear boredom... in grade school with the monotony of book learning only.

$16k a year (ouch!). We plan to have three kids.... (ouch! ouch! ouch!). Turns out the better private schools having waiting lists. So the wife and I will take a tour next week sometime, even though the 'bun hasn't left the oven yet'. Might have to apply for a place a four years in advance.

Yet I pay a fortune in property and income taxes to a public school system my kid will never set foot in.

Your story is such a great argument in favor of school vouchers. Reminds me of my own childhood. I started off in public school, but very quickly my parents realized it was a shithole and transferred me into a private school. The only reason I could even attend that private school was because my country has a school voucher system - approx. $10K per student who enrolls. It was a fantastic system. Shitty schools would inevitably close as students fleed, better schools stayed open. Free market at its finest. And the proof was in the pudding: my country consistently ranked at the top of the PISA rankings.

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities - Kabal - 04-11-2017

Quote: (04-10-2017 07:16 PM)Genghis Khan Wrote:  

Your story is such a great argument in favor of school vouchers. Reminds me of my own childhood. I started off in public school, but very quickly my parents realized it was a shithole and transferred me into a private school. The only reason I could even attend that private school was because my country has a school voucher system - approx. $10K per student who enrolls. It was a fantastic system. Shitty schools would inevitably close as students fleed, better schools stayed open. Free market at its finest. And the proof was in the pudding: my country consistently ranked at the top of the PISA rankings.

Ah, the U.S.

Indeed, once you adjust for race, US PISA scores are at the top or near the top. Asian Americans beat almost all Asian nations/locales, and White Americans beat the lion-share of European nations.