Roosh V Forum
TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet (/thread-56561.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - Leonard D Neubache - 03-24-2018

I think it's a stark reminder of how much tunnel vision you can build when you're training in a sheltered environment. I used to know Wing Chun guys who sparred exclusively with other Wing Chun guys with the occasional demonstration where someone pretended to be a generic brawler, and all of these guys had an exaggerated sense of their capacity to deal with a real world circumstance against someone who's style was far far more practical for a real fight, or simply someone who was in far better physical condition than them.

Mucking around with my oldest son has given me an incredibly renewed respect for simply being stronger than the guy you're dealing with, and moreover thinking twice that technique is going to save your ass if the guy you're dealing with is considerably stronger than you.

If this stuff were a video game then building strength would be like one of those no-brainer stats that you max out straight away because it counts for virtually everything and has little-to-no drawback.

I'm off to do some lifting.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - blck - 03-24-2018

Quote: (03-24-2018 05:04 AM)Poker Wrote:  

What do you guys make of this video that has come out of China that depicts an MMA fighter beating up a Wing Chung practitioner?

[/video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsnQ4kyGSRI[/video]

That referee tho...

[rant]
What a load of bullshit, I keep getting disappointed as things go further.
Go see what real kick are meant to do [nsfw] , not only in wing chun, but in all martial arts.
They keep cleaning those to make it a sport instead of what it really meant to achieve, like they do to judo and sanda and many more.
You don't find jujutsu club anymore, People make fun of what used to be dangerous arts, I understand that not everybody should learn lethal blow but incapacitating ones are enough to end this kind of moronic show, look how surprise Rampage seems to be and how desperatly he looks at the ref in hope jon jones get any kind of penalty for that kick.
He was not ready to get his knee bent backward...
[Image: giphy.gif]
[/rant]

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - king bast - 03-24-2018

What you see is the difference between someone who is used to taking a beating in training, and one who isn't. You see this with a lot of traditional and forms-based martial arts. Sure, they look pretty but unless you're regularly exposed to your training partner resisting or fighting back, you don't develop the composure you need under fire. Those wooden dummies don't fight back, so this was something new.

The kung fu guy started off full of beans, but the MMA guy just covered up and rode out the storm, like he would have done a hundred times in sparring. But as soon as he started landing some shots, mr kung fu didn't know what to do. He was actually lucky it was a controlled fight, because when you're leaning down trying to cover up like that at such close range, you're just asking for a knee to come straight up the middle and cave your face in.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - Richard Turpin - 03-26-2018

Quote: (03-24-2018 08:07 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

If this stuff were a video game then building strength would be like one of those no-brainer stats that you max out straight away because it counts for virtually everything and has little-to-no drawback.

Yep. There's just no downside to being stronger. Being bigger and bulkier? Perhaps. But strength is an advantage in all sports.

I'm so pleased I did enough Judo to give me the horse-sense to respect another bloke's size. As fit as I was at the time (and reasonably skilled), there was absolutely nothing, I mean nothing I could do against some of the really big boys. I can remember thinking on more than one occasion, that if this was real, I'd be dead. There's a good reason weight-classes exist in combat sports.

Men who haven't fought (sparred) against people much bigger and stronger than themselves are in for such a shock when things get real. I'm a lot less likely to get into actual fights nowadays than I was pre-Judo, cos I know that you just can't afford to judge a book by its cover; small, fat, old, skinny .... they all might still fuck you up. But the really big, strong dudes? They can really fuck you up.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - kinjutsu - 04-09-2018

I think these guys are hilarious.
He makes some very very good points. Plus him being a high level kickboxer adds a lot of credibility.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - SteezeySteve - 04-10-2018

I think that knowing grappling is misunderstood in his case. Of course knowing how to punch would be number one but grappling teaches you how to prevent being take down,getting slammed and will make your stand up better in close quarters.

I think one of the most underrated street skills would be judo. If you know the right throws really well and are big enough one judo throw on a drunk dude and you can run. The problem is you'd have to keep a cool head and not continue so you could get out of there.

I get where hes coming from with everyone saying bjj is the ultimate all around self defense system but has never noticed how people are in packsMeanwhile a lot of sport jj places might skip
over things that are valuable but aren't apart of that specialized sport.
Hes making the opposite argument for the opposing view that allows us to find the middle.

Really interesting point on human fighting instincts being wrong though. Spot on. Never thought about that though.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - Atticus - 04-10-2018

Quote: (03-24-2018 08:07 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

I think it's a stark reminder of how much tunnel vision you can build when you're training in a sheltered environment. I used to know Wing Chun guys who sparred exclusively with other Wing Chun guys with the occasional demonstration where someone pretended to be a generic brawler, and all of these guys had an exaggerated sense of their capacity to deal with a real world circumstance against someone who's style was far far more practical for a real fight, or simply someone who was in far better physical condition than them.

Mucking around with my oldest son has given me an incredibly renewed respect for simply being stronger than the guy you're dealing with, and moreover thinking twice that technique is going to save your ass if the guy you're dealing with is considerably stronger than you.

Couldn't agree more. Over the years I have trained in boxing, kyokushin, and judo and without a doubt some of my most challenging opponents were the strong, explosive rugby types, even when they had little formal training.

I'm convinced that the base training for self defence should be strength training along with tabata training or something else which increases explosiveness. Big, fast compound movements, kettlebell swings, burpees, and anything which builds a strong posterior chain, etc. Get strong and get fast Only then should one think about martial arts.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - SteezeySteve - 04-10-2018

The thing about getting big is it can slow you down and make it harder to move. Not in an anti weightlifting way but if you dont have a solid base of sprints,jumps,dynamic work,and no mobility issues it will slow you down and make you less athletic. If you have a good healthy body thats not imbalanced and moves well then add muscle it will be better but if your body is like most peoples you'll be worse off.
Most people have a lot of work to do before adding slabs of muscle unless they have instant gratification amd will pay the consequences for it later as a result.

Also it would be easier to learn how to move well and do martial arts first. That way you have to have good technique instead of relying on your strength or favoring certain techniques because they are strength based.

I love that you mention the posterior chain though. Work the posterior Chain for sure. Build those hamstrings and glutes up so you can have stable knees. Do your arch holds. Strengthen the rotator cuff. On the other hand stretch out the the anterior chain.

Thats one thing I respect and like about traditional martial arts. They are awesome for teaching kids new movements,developing basic strength,and promoting flexibility. Irregardless of their effectiveness in a fight they are very holistic in their approach to training the body and are awesome from a fitness perspective.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - TravelerKai - 04-12-2018

Quote: (04-09-2018 03:11 AM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

I think these guys are hilarious.
He makes some very very good points. Plus him being a high level kickboxer adds a lot of credibility.

Funny video. He is right about quite a few things like needing to run and building a defense around getting out of the danger zone.

He right about slipping on grass when trying to kick someone. That actually happened to me when I was very young and I learned a big lesson from that fight because I ended up on the ground and had to finish the other kid on the ground because he jumped on top of me to capitalize on the fact that I slipped and fell.

You do not want to be a grown man learning that lesson the hard way in a street fight.

For Muay Thai guys, use your knees, elbows, and the clinch.

For multiple opponents Muay Thai fighters actually have benefits boxers and kickboxers like Andrew Tate do not have. The clinch is the biggest one and the elbow style is the second.

They do not necessarily teach you in a Muay Thai gym to use the clinch as a meat shield or to use grazing elbow strikes, or to use knee strikes in strategic places, but if you train Muay Thai long enough, you might figure it out on your own.

Funnily enough all the same strikes and clinches in Muay Thai are used in Pencak Silat, Krav Maga, as well as Systema!

It's almost like Chinese Gong Fu. You have the tools in the standard movesets, but you might have to use your imagination to put it together correctly if bothered on the street by a couple of assailants.

Because no typical MT school teaches the art as a self defense style for the street, that is why I do not recommend learning MT for self defense, along with some other reasons I have already talked about in other posts.

American Kickboxers saying things like what Andrew Tate said does not surprise me. Guys like him have above average boxing/hand skills due to American Kickboxing being different with rules than Muay Thai, as well as having a better boxing foundation inside of it. He is still correct overall about BJJ guy using it for self defense. It's totally the wrong tool for that job. If BJJ places taught the Judo portions the Gracies were initially taught but refuse to use, it would be a non-issue, but I digress.....

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - Rocha - 04-12-2018

^ I am quite sure Andrew Tate knows how to throw an elbow or a knee.

There is no need to train years in Muay Thai to throw a deadly elbow. And deadly they are indeed.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - TravelerKai - 04-12-2018

Quote: (04-12-2018 02:47 PM)Rocha Wrote:  

There is no need to train years in Muay Thai to throw a deadly elbow. And deadly they are indeed.

Even though you are on my ignore list. I will reply to this.

Elbows in American and Dutch Kickboxing are not the same as in Muay Thai.

There are 5 types of elbow strikes in Muay Thai, give or take. All thrown in different variations aside from the direction (all 4 cardinal directions plus center = 5, even though there are diagonal ones)

Andrew is an American style Kickboxer, not a Muay Thai guy.

There is a very different and distinct set of rules between the two styles. To a casual observer it looks the same. It's not the same thing. Not all styles of kickboxing allow the same elbow strikes, nor are all those elbow strikes taught.

Clinch work is unique to MT as opposed to kickboxing. the hand grips, which serve as a dual purpose nerve pinch choke on the neck, with the palm on palm grip, to how the knees are given when a clinch is had. Knees are given to the ribs (in particular spots that just so happen to be powerful pressure points), butterfly knees, knees to the chin, and the famous knee to the body + elbow to the temple on the head/face is unique to Muay Thai. This is not a combo for American style kickboxing or Dutch.

That clinch attack would knock out cold or stun most people on earth. Hence the deadly and efficient reputation of MT.

Regular kickboxing does not have this. Using it would mean that the event you are doing it in, has made it legal for whatever reason, but most of the times that is not legal in non-Muay Thai events. Unless you train this way, does not mean you can use it anyway.

Up and down elbows to the head are illegal in UFC for this very reason.

Elbow strikes are insanely strong in self defense and the artform that holds a monopoly on them would, no doubt, have the strongest versions of such. The bone density of the elbow compared to the rest of the body is not up for debate.

To suggest different would show your inexperience with MT and self defense in general.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - Rocha - 04-12-2018

Quote: (04-12-2018 05:51 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Quote: (04-12-2018 02:47 PM)Rocha Wrote:  

Even though you are on my ignore list. I will reply to this.

Elbows in American and Dutch Kickboxing are not the same as in Muay Thai.

There are 5 types of elbow strikes in Muay Thai, give or take. All thrown in different variations aside from the direction (all 4 cardinal directions plus center = 5, even though there are diagonal ones)

Andrew is an American style Kickboxer, not a Muay Thai guy.

There is a very different and distinct set of rules between the two styles. To a casual observer it looks the same. It's not the same thing. Not all styles of kickboxing allow the same elbow strikes, nor are all those elbow strikes taught.

Clinch work is unique to MT as opposed to kickboxing. the hand grips, which serve as a dual purpose nerve pinch choke on the neck, with the palm on palm grip, to how the knees are given when a clinch is had. Knees are given to the ribs (in particular spots that just so happen to be powerful pressure points), butterfly knees, knees to the chin, and the famous knee to the body + elbow to the temple on the head/face is unique to Muay Thai. This is not a combo for American style kickboxing or Dutch.

That clinch attack would knock out cold or stun most people on earth. Hence the deadly and efficient reputation of MT.

Regular kickboxing does not have this. Using it would mean that the event you are doing it in, has made it legal for whatever reason, but most of the times that is not legal in non-Muay Thai events. Unless you train this way, does not mean you can use it anyway.

Up and down elbows to the head are illegal in UFC for this very reason.

Elbow strikes are insanely strong in self defense and the artform that holds a monopoly on them would, no doubt, have the strongest versions of such. The bone density of the elbow compared to the rest of the body is not up for debate.

To suggest different would show your inexperience with MT and self defense in general.

I understand your passion for Martial arts, teaching, and share your knowledge.
But what I meant was that any guy who trains a striking martial art can incorporate elbows and knees on his training if they are not part of the discipline.

Ex: Mirko Cro Cop was always a Kickboxer, with some BJJ mixed up. Does not mean he did not broke Gonzaga's soul with elbows (around 1:00)

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - debeguiled - 04-17-2018

Comic Relief.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - TravelerKai - 04-17-2018

Quote: (04-17-2018 11:55 AM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Comic Relief.

Quote:Quote:

In this video the female instructor looks like a crossfit/yoga bitch that took a 2 hour class in Aikido and decided to call herself an instructor. Everything shown looks wrong or is incomplete. She did not seem to finish the second move at all or the KM guy just wants to edit it out to make her look incompetent. Which she is for that ridiculous knee strike.

Let's get one thing out the way period. Women should almost NEVER attempt to knee strike a man in the body. Face? Maybe and that's a big maybe. Torso? Never, unless he looks like the neckbeard that wears a fedora. If anyone kneed him he might have diarrhea on the spot. A normal man, never.

This bitch is too pretty to even be an MMA fighter. She probably goes to one of those Crossfit/MMA/BJJ/Krav Maga/Workout Gym places. Anyone in America probably has seen one by now. It's full of women, they have kickboxing, yoga, pilates, and all that fru fru shit all inside an expensive and clean looking gym for members. The instructor may claim to be a GJJ or Machado affiliate or some other famous BJJ person. The class is softer than shit.

Always be wary of places that offer 7+ fucking things in one building. Sometimes in countries outside of America that is somewhat normal, but inside the USA? Red flag as fuck.

In this video, he is mocking Aikido and JJJ, by his girlfriend not doing the move correctly at all. She not only is not dropping her knee down, she is trying to out muscle a grown ass man. You cannot copy someone's technique off a video to poke holes in it, if you cannot even do the technique correctly as she explained. The female instructor may not be a good instructor, but she did clearly explain that you have to drop your knee downward. JJJ and Aikido are all about leveraging your body weight properly.

Now the female instructor's second technique shown was done wrong by her as well. Too many things to list out, but she is clearly not a good instructor with actual experience. Even the way she manipulated the thumb was just awful. Not even white belts are this bad.

Both are wrong in this video. The female instructor and the Krav Maga guy.

That elbow grab is 100% wrong for self defense. You are supposed to use pressure points to make it work correctly. The non pressure point version the female instructor used is a modification for Judo and BJJ for competition to get a throw off or a set up to get a quick takedown like a leg trip or sweep or a single or double leg takedown.

The pressure point version for a choke like that, to the attacker's elbow, is best used on the inside part of the arm. You use your thumb and the pain is excruciating. Then while their arm bends you keylock and get underneath, finish with either a leg sweep with palm strike push (you can grab his clothing alternatively instead of a palm), or push them off and run if he lets his grip go completely, preferably after a kick to the knee or groin. If using JJJ, transition to a rear naked choke to ensure the threat is ended if running is not an option.

The Krav Maga guy is typical KM guy. Wild fighting like an animal by biting the opponent defeats the purpose of defending yourself. For starters do not get closer to an opponent than you need to, unless doing a throw or a sweep. BJJ/Judo/Aikido/JJJ principles do not call for getting closer unless you have control, other wise you play into them.

Also biting is risky. You could miss, he could headbutt you, elbow you, hook you in the jaw, hurt your own mouth/teeth, etc.

You have also enraged the attacker which can escalate into a violent beating and rape. He was just angry you talked to another guy, making it worse would be to bite his face with no control over his body.

Again on a live battlefield in an Palenstine street where you guys are in between reloads or out of ammo and get rushed, a female Israeli soldier might try this before a male soldier buddy comes in and strikes the guy with a knife or the buttstock of his rifle.

Domestic 1 on 1 situation in front of a house in America, alone? Nah that shit ensures death.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - kinjutsu - 04-17-2018

Spot on about those All-in-One McDojo's.
Pure garbage.
It's kinda like the Taibo craze many years ago.
Billy blanks is a bad motherfucker but what he is "teaching" in those videos will get you beat up and worse.
A few girls at my work joined one of those gyms and wont shut up about how they aren't worried about walking by themselves at night downtown anymore...after only 10 weeks of crossfit/kickboxing training [Image: huh.gif]

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - TravelerKai - 04-17-2018

Quote: (04-17-2018 04:40 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

Pure garbage.
Billy blanks is a bad motherfucker but what he is "teaching" in those videos will get you beat up and worse.
A few girls at my work joined one of those gyms and wont shut up about how they aren't worried about walking by themselves at night downtown anymore...after only 10 weeks of crossfit/kickboxing training [Image: huh.gif]

So you guys have those in Canada eh? I wonder if Toronto and Vancouver has a bunch of them considering the money some people that live there have.

Some guy tried to get me involved in one of those a long time ago and I had to refuse his offers aggressively to get him to leave me alone.

Looking back, maybe I should have done it for the money [Image: tongue.gif]

Nah!

Even when I was blue pill, I could only handle vapid women so much. I only ran a women's self defense class once a week and that was not for very long either. Those gals were okay though. The kind of women that lived in my area back then when this came up? Hell fuck no.

Anytime you see way more women in a combo gym like that, than men going in and out, avoid like the plague. Unless you have nothing else in your area, it's likely garbage.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - kinjutsu - 04-17-2018

Quote: (04-17-2018 04:49 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Quote: (04-17-2018 04:40 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

Pure garbage.

So you guys have those in Canada eh? I wonder if Toronto and Vancouver has a bunch of them considering the money some people that live there have.

Some guy tried to get me involved in one of those a long time ago and I had to refuse his offers aggressively to get him to leave me alone.

Looking back, maybe I should have done it for the money [Image: tongue.gif]

Nah!

Even when I was blue pill, I could only handle vapid women so much. I only ran a women's self defense class once a week and that was not for very long either. Those gals were okay though. The kind of women that lived in my area back then when this came up? Hell fuck no.

Anytime you see way more women in a combo gym like that, than men going in and out, avoid like the plague. Unless you have nothing else in your area, it's likely garbage.

Yeah they are common among the millennial office worker. The same type of person into cross fit but martial arts as well.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - SteezeySteve - 04-18-2018

The whole craze I see right now in fitness is people using boxing or kickboxing for fitness.
I think its great but the qaulity instruction has to be there. What's the point of hitting a bag "for cardio" if you can't do it right? Its awesome that people want to move,try a martial art,and go beyond the weight room for fitness but people are being had by these McDojo boxing for fitness places.
On the other hand hordes of yuppie whites probably dont belong in the local hood boxing gym that provides qaulity instruction. The people who want it will seek out the more hardcore gyms that will benefit their movement practice more instead of learning how to fight from a pt..

Question for Kai:right now im doing bodyweight training outside. I like to include wrestling take downs,stand up work,grappling floor movements,bridges,and shadow wrestling to maintain what I know and for fun.
Ive been to the local boxing gym 2 times and learned basic shadow boxing 1,2 technique.,and havent been in a while because of life situations. Since im already doing some shadow wrestling is it bad if I add in that 1,2 combo? I.e head throw + (1,2) double leg + (1,2)

I just want to make sure im not doing anything stupid that will make harder to advance in boxing once I go back and learn it seriously. Ill only be be combining the basic 101 I learned at that boxing gym and nothing more.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - TravelerKai - 04-18-2018

Quote: (04-18-2018 12:09 AM)SteezeySteve Wrote:  

The whole craze I see right now in fitness is people using boxing or kickboxing for fitness.
I think its great but the qaulity instruction has to be there. What's the point of hitting a bag "for cardio" if you can't do it right? Its awesome that people want to move,try a martial art,and go beyond the weight room for fitness but people are being had by these McDojo boxing for fitness places.
On the other hand hordes of yuppie whites probably dont belong in the local hood boxing gym that provides qaulity instruction. The people who want it will seek out the more hardcore gyms that will benefit their movement practice more instead of learning how to fight from a pt..

Question for Kai:right now im doing bodyweight training outside. I like to include wrestling take downs,stand up work,grappling floor movements,bridges,and shadow wrestling to maintain what I know and for fun.
Ive been to the local boxing gym 2 times and learned basic shadow boxing 1,2 technique.,and havent been in a while because of life situations. Since im already doing some shadow wrestling is it bad if I add in that 1,2 combo? I.e head throw + (1,2) double leg + (1,2)

I just want to make sure im not doing anything stupid that will make harder to advance in boxing once I go back and learn it seriously. Ill only be be combining the basic 101 I learned at that boxing gym and nothing more.

Sounds like you need to go to an MMA gym and train and not a boxing gym.

If you are trying to drill takedowns solo without a partner, use a heavy bag and after a 1,2 combination or whatever, you do a takedown on the heavybag. Suplexes, Dumptruck, and floor yank drill of a heavy bag that is laying on the ground is essential MMA and wrestling drills. Ground n Pound, mounted knees, spin drills, etc.. Just make sure you get a heavy bag that is big and not a skinny one like a Muay Thai bag. The UFC brand ones are perfect for this.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - SteezeySteve - 04-18-2018

Are you saying a heavy bag thats free or a heavy bag thats hanging?

Ive used the swinging heavy bag at a commercial gym as a shadow wrestling partner and its a great workout+ a realistic way to drill by yourself. I wish i knew that when i was competing....so many videos online and no one really talks about that.

A free one would be essential to practice suplex,dump truck,etc but wouldn't be good for the set ups,doubles,and head throws.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - TravelerKai - 04-18-2018

Quote: (04-18-2018 12:16 PM)SteezeySteve Wrote:  

Are you saying a heavy bag thats free or a heavy bag thats hanging?

Ive used the swinging heavy bag at a commercial gym as a shadow wrestling partner and its a great workout+ a realistic way to drill by yourself. I wish i knew that when i was competing....so many videos online and no one really talks about that.

A free one would be essential to practice suplex,dump truck,etc but wouldn't be good for the set ups,doubles,and head throws.

Both. Hang it so that you can practice exploding into a double leg and lift it off the ground a bit. Do it until you puke.

Pro tip: Put sand bags inside or some weighted plates to make the bag even heavier.

If you go to a MMA gym instead of a boxing gym, I'm highly positive someone will be more than willing to work on double leg drills with you, with the 1,2 combinations while they hold a focus mitt. Pick a big dude, that's always better. Go for a skinny fast guy when you need to improve your speed. Tell them to sprawl sometimes to mix it up.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - KC4 - 04-19-2018

TK what's the success rate for coming back from slap tears for wrestlers? Been thinking about going under the knife but my pt thinks it could be rehabbed back to normal. It's a minor tear but still hurts from time to time mostly from explosive movements.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - TravelerKai - 04-19-2018

Quote: (04-19-2018 09:44 AM)KC4 Wrote:  

TK what's the success rate for coming back from slap tears for wrestlers? Been thinking about going under the knife but my pt thinks it could be rehabbed back to normal. It's a minor tear but still hurts from time to time mostly from explosive movements.

You need some Cissus bro. I tore my rotator cuff a while back playing football with relatives after slipping on the grass. I did a judo roll, but it was a tad late (grass slip fucked up my timing) and it could have been worse.

Anyway, I was in pain for 2 weeks, did not want to do surgery at all. Got on the Cissus and healed in 1 week. I kept taking it for a second week because feeling good does not mean it is 100% done.

Bodybuilders use it for shoulder tears, etc. I heard that NFL players use it too, but lately I heard that it might be on their PED banned list now. No idea for sure. Just keep that in mind if you have piss test requirements for your sport.

I bought the PrimaForce brand of Cissus.

[Image: primaforce_cissus109.jpg]

Your mileage may vary, it isn't cheap, but I think it is worth a shot to avoid surgery. It's an herb from Indonesia. It's safe from what I have read.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - TravelerKai - 04-25-2018

Some good lessons on disarming someone and like John says, if you take away an arm or hand from an attacker, do not let him regain control of it, even if you disarm him from his weapon.

Wrist press him all the way to the ground and keep him pinned there. Use leg sweeps/trips and let his head bounce on the concrete/floor. All BJJ guys and wrestlers can do these things. You do not need to be a black belt in JJJ or Aikido to know how to do that. A double leg into a dump on his head after the disarm would have been great.

All things considered, the guy is old and was still a badass, but he did get stabbed, so if you cannot perform at the level needed, compliance might have been a better choice. Getting stabbed when you are 60+ isn't good at all.

My keys to remember: Use your whole body weight, do not forget to sweep or trip their foot or ankle, do not let go of a wrist you have control of.

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet - Richard Turpin - 04-26-2018

^^^^
Good vid. Something else that struck me, was that as a sometime-spectacle wearer myself, I knew the moment the old guy carefully took his glasses off and placed them on the counter he was about to kick-off. I'm frankly amazed the crim didn't have the insight to know this. If you are ever in a situation with a man who wears glasses be very aware of the fact that if he takes them off, he's already made his mind up and there's no going back, things are about to escalate!