Roosh V Forum
The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) (/thread-56029.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Fortis - 06-09-2018

Oh, c'mon guys. There's no reason to turn every thread into a race thread.

Zelc, take a chill pill.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Rush87 - 06-09-2018

I liked Bourdain. He was a blue pill, left wing lunatic like most of my relatives, but when you put that aside, he's a pretty cool guy. He echoes the most fundamental principle of travel: If you have good food and good conversation, you'll have a good time. You could go to Paris, be in some bumfuck neighbourhood, not see a single site but if there's some nice baguettes, a good wine, and decent company, it'll be as good as it gets.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Beirut - 06-09-2018

I enjoyed his Beirut shows a lot. He seems to have connected with us in a way that very few manage to, this being such a complicated place.

Was disappointed with some of his other views but he was a good man. Often they have a lot of pain inside. Rip.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Simeon_Strangelight - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 04:51 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Zelc, take a chill pill.

Fine - Bourdain was chill dude with little ego. He was fully indoctrinated by the current dominant far-left dogma, but kept it out of his programs - most of the time.

Still - it does not seem as if his ideology made him very happy. He was mired both in far-left as well as Blue Pill dogma. He had wealth and fame and was still miserable.

I found even that the far-right guys are more resilient than the far-left ones. Leftism is a defeatist nihilistic ideology without a God or meaning of life.

Most guys here would be stupidly happy having his job - traveling around, banging chicks left and right or having your family come along with you.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - SeaFM - 06-09-2018

Killing yourself over some bitch is as weak as it gets.

I liked Bourdain a lot and I really hope that wasn't the reason.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - ChefAllDay - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 05:10 AM)SeaFM Wrote:  

Killing yourself over some bitch is as weak as it gets.

I liked Bourdain a lot and I really hope that wasn't the reason.

I don't think he killed himself over some bitch, I think he killed himself over what they took from him, willing or unwilling. Sad either way.

Political differences aside, I liked his shows. He certainly would have been in my top 10 list of chefs to have enjoyed a beer and shot the shit over travel and food.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Cr33pin - 06-09-2018

What a roller coaster this thread has been

I didn't really follow this guy at all but I thought it was sad when I saw that he killed himself. Then I started reading this thread a little and saw he left behind a young daughter and thought that was cowardly but I wasn't ready to full condemn the guy. Then I saw the man hating quote from him that I posted a few pages back an was completely over any kind of sympathy. Those two combined was enough for me to think "good riddance." However then I started reading some more post and some guys made some fairly solid points about his life, struggles, situations, suicide, ect. An I started to see him as a person again and was bit on the fence.... until I saw the video about "white genocide is the only answer" An now I am 110% ok with his suicide. I usually preach a holier then thou message on here on threads about death as I think life is the most precious thing there is.... however I am sickened to the core by weak, self hating, cucks. An thats exactly how I see this "male" I'm not going to gloat about his death or piss on his grave (anymore then the little bit I said about him here) nor will I be posting and condolences or RIPs for him either.

Quote: (06-08-2018 11:00 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

He drank the kool aid and hated the thought of being a man....

Look, I never wanted to be part of bro culture. I was always embarrassed. If I ever found myself, and I mean going way back, with a group of guys and they started leering at women or making, “Hey, look at her. Nice rack,” I was always, I was so uncomfortable. It just felt, it wasn’t an ethical thing; it was that I felt uncomfortable and ashamed to be a man and I felt that everybody involved in this equation was demeaned by the experience. I was demeaned by standing there next to things like this. They were demeaned for behaving like this. It’s like sitting at a table with somebody who’s rude to a waiter. I don’t want to be with someone like that.

But, look, I accepted when the book came out, that I was the bad boy. There I was in the leather jacket and the cigarette and I also happily played that role or went along with it. Shit was good. People said a lot of silly things about me. People actually used the word macho around me. And this was such a mortifying accusation that I didn’t even understand it.

I'm getting pretty tired of self hating weak "males" I wont even use the term men.

Weak males gonna be weak

Quote: (06-08-2018 08:01 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

(((Bourdain))) ignores the rape of Cologne and says white genocide is “the only way” forward:

Bon Voyage!

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - budoslavic - 06-09-2018

This 2012 interview contained some clues to Bourdain's first wife, his background and dysfunctional lifestyle.
Quote:Quote:

Interview: Anthony Bourdain
February 13, 2012

CHEF, AUTHOR and TV PRESENTER
MARRIED WITH A DAUGHTER

I grew up in the solidly middle-class community of Leonia, New Jersey. My father, Pierre, an executive at Columbia Records, exposed me to great musicians like Janis Joplin and Bob Dylan, and I got free records for most of my adolescence. Prior to getting pregnant with me, my mother, Gladys, worked in newspapers. Both my parents loved film and from a very young age, through stills in picture books and watching movies on a 16mm projector, I knew who Kubrick and Fellini were.

At 13 I was an angry and alienated teenager. I was loved, no one ever beat me, but I resented the normalcy of our household. At high school I fell in with your typical bad crowd but I also fell in love with Nancy Putkoski. She was a bad girl, older than me, part of a druggy crowd, and I was smitten. I graduated a year early so I could follow her to Vassar College [in upstate New York]. Up until that point Vassar had been an elite university for women, but they had just started admitting men and so when I arrived at 17, I found myself a rarity. I was an unprepared, immature young man in the company of very many female wolves, who pretty much taught me the way of the world.

Nancy and I spent over two decades together, either as a couple or married.
She was my partner in crime, my wife, and before that my girlfriend. There was plenty of love there. We went through a lot of times, many of them great, many of them bad. It's that simple - or that complicated.

After writing Kitchen Confidential in 2000, I was offered a TV deal. I spent almost two years travelling and filming A Cook's Tour and, as a result, my marriage fell apart. To cope, I went to the Caribbean where I behaved in a completely irresponsible and suicidal way. I didn't value my own life and acted accordingly. I had put myself in a very dark place and behaved recklessly in the not-too-subconscious hope that something terrible would happen. I was doing everything possible - smoking pot, drink-driving - to invite that.

I found divorce just the worst thing in the world: it was f...ing awful. It wasn't that it was even a contentious divorce, there was no long, litigious battle; it's just a terrible thing when a relationship that great ends. Once I was single, I learnt quickly that hanging out with fans or sleeping with them was not going to make me happy. I was never interested in that kind of thing. I am not interested in weak, adoring personalities. Somebody who is attracted to me because I am on TV or because I wrote a book is not interesting to me at all.

In 2005 Eric Ripert, a chef and my best friend, had taken pity on my dysfunctional lifestyle; the fact I was drifting and travelling three weeks of every month filming my TV show No Reservations. He knew I was looking for company, but it had to be somebody smart. So he introduced me to Ottavia Busia, a general manager of a New York restaurant. She was equally dysfunctional, as she worked as many hours and had as little private life as I did.

At first, we were the worst people for each other, which was kind of cool. In the beginning it was reluctant and grudging, but metamorphosised from casual and dysfunctional to something serious.

On our second date, we got matching tattoos on our backs. I think it's bad luck to tattoo each other's names, so we got an image we have in common. It's a knife with a drop of blood. Then she got a snake on her shoulder. She wanted something that would be scary to her martial arts opponents and I got a smaller version on my arm. We decided to have a baby and on April 9, 2007, Ariane was born - we married 11 days later.

It's a cliché to say that being a father is the greatest thing ever, but there's only one thing better and that's being the father of a little girl. Knowing that she is not only going to grow up to be a big girl but a young woman has ingrained behavioural changes in me. I made a decision that she is never going to read embarrassing shit about her father on the internet: Daddy's not ever going to a titty bar.

My father died in 1987. He always seemed proud of me, but it's a source of sadness that he never saw a single book or article of mine published. He never saw me make good - I was working in a shellfish bar, still on a methadone program [Bourdain is a former heroin addict], when he died.

Of course, he would have loved to have met my daughter, Ariane. He'd have made a great granddad. He had a real sense of the absurd, as does my daughter. I think they would have been fast friends.

The divorce of his first wife (see below) could be the trigger point of how he ended up in a dark place. She seemed like a rather normal woman and they were on friendly terms after their divorce.
[Image: nancy-putkoski-and-her-ex-husband-anthon...368377.jpg]

Former heroin addict. Emotionally unstable from the beginning.
And he was painfully Blue Pill - he was a in fact a radical Blue Piller for whom this is his most important defining mechanism.
Then you add the leftist nihilism - nothing to be proud of, nothing to fight for instead to eliminate the West.
If the West were composed of men like that, then it would be gone by tomorrow and even greater dysfunction than his own definition would swallow it up. He had Red Pill flashes when he went to the Caribbean after his first divorce likely fucking plenty of women, but he brushes it away as an abnormality.

His daughter will miss him and I condolences to her. But that is about it.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - puckerman - 06-09-2018

Quote: (05-25-2016 06:28 PM)CaptainChardonnay Wrote:  

Slightly off topic but Fuck obama. The guy spends more time hanging out with celebrities and playing golf than running the country.

I much preferred him playing golf. He wasn't doing any damage.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Leonard D Neubache - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 08:24 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I didn't really follow this guy at all but I thought it was sad when I saw that he killed himself. Then I started reading this thread a little and saw he left behind a young daughter and thought that was cowardly but I wasn't ready to full condemn the guy. Then I saw the man hating quote from him that I posted a few pages back an was completely over any kind of sympathy. Those two combined was enough for me to think "good riddance." However then I started reading some more post and some guys made some fairly solid points about his life, struggles, situations, suicide, ect. An I started to see him as a person again and was bit on the fence.... until I saw the video about "white genocide is the only answer" An now I am 110% ok with his suicide. I usually preach a holier then thou message on here on threads about death as I think life is the most precious thing there is.... however I am sickened to the core by weak, self hating, cucks. An thats exactly how I see this "male" I'm not going to gloat about his death or piss on his grave (anymore then the little bit I said about him here) nor will I be posting and condolences or RIPs for him either.

Look, I never wanted to be part of bro culture. I was always embarrassed. If I ever found myself, and I mean going way back, with a group of guys and they started leering at women or making, “Hey, look at her. Nice rack,” I was always, I was so uncomfortable. It just felt, it wasn’t an ethical thing; it was that I felt uncomfortable and ashamed to be a man and I felt that everybody involved in this equation was demeaned by the experience. I was demeaned by standing there next to things like this. They were demeaned for behaving like this. It’s like sitting at a table with somebody who’s rude to a waiter. I don’t want to be with someone like that.

But, look, I accepted when the book came out, that I was the bad boy. There I was in the leather jacket and the cigarette and I also happily played that role or went along with it. Shit was good. People said a lot of silly things about me. People actually used the word macho around me. And this was such a mortifying accusation that I didn’t even understand it.

I'm getting pretty tired of self hating weak "males" I wont even use the term men.

Weak males gonna be weak

(((Bourdain))) ignores the rape of Cologne and says white genocide is “the only way” forward:

Bon Voyage!

His bleak attitude yet total blue pill on politics is reminiscent of something I remember from back when I was a dumb kid.

One of the kookier guys in our crew got this idea that we should all chip in a couple hundred bucks, buy some piece of shit car and drive to Ayers Rock. He reckoned it would be like some sort of a fucking spiritual adventure but unlike his usual whackadoo bullshit he was really serious about this.

Well he only convinced one of us to go along with it and by this stage it had gotten pretty ugly because he'd gotten to the guilt-trip/bullying phase of negotiations.

Naturally four hundred bucks wasn't going to cut it, not that he'd have come up with his share anyway, which like his typical deadbeat self he'd already earmarked for "food and petrol on the way".[Image: tard.gif]

Point is, he was never really the same after that. He held this perpetual grudge that most of us weren't willing to go along with his stupid plan. His version of "one for all and all for one" was in reality "just do whatever I fucking tell you to and everything will be fine, ok?"

So to me, Bourdain's "fuck the white race" rhetoric just brought that memory up like a flash.

Boomer leftists.

Kooky plans. Total participation required. Wild promises. Poisonous condemnation of any mutiny.

And when the plan falls over "it's all the fault of those fuckers who refused to participate. Fuck them all!"

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - nomadbrah - 06-09-2018

Bon Voyage!

He didn't actually say that. It was the other guy. He mentioned the Singapore model where "everyone is so mixed up and intertwined".

He got Singapore wrong though. I'm no expert on SG, but it seemed very racially segregated when I have been there and almost caste-like in parts. Seemed every 7-11 worker was indian for example.

In any case, for most of his shows, I think he was mostly an honest leftist, who had some principles. Proven by his attack on Kissinger. You will be hard pressed to even find a conservative or democrat today, even a "Bernie" who would call out Kissinger for what he was, one of the world's worst mass murderers.

He never really struck me as (((fellow white people))), but more of an idealist.

And I quote verbatim:

Bourdain: "That's the only way. This is the only solution. My way of thinking. It's our only hope. Our only way out of this. It's going to take some time but it's really the only way, the Singaporean model where everybody is so mixed up that you really don't know who to hate because everybody is so... hopelessly intertwined, but we're a long way from that."

Fuck, maybe he killed himself because he'd only had white kids and he realised he'd destroyed his own 70-80 year plan for the erasure of all the races in the world.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - godzilla - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 08:24 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Weak males gonna be weak

Bon Voyage!

Bourdain is admittedly self-hating. So his views should be no surprise to anyone.

Your post is a bit unfair. You're taking someone's worst qualities in life and deciding "this is what defines him".

Imagine if I watched your life on television for years and I decided to write your obituary with the same view.

There is no way you walked through life without being a complete piece of garbage to someone at one point.

I only know him from his show so maybe he's a douche but for now I'm going to choose to remember Bourdain for his admirable qualities. Like I said, his lack of ego, inspiring people to travel, making chefs popular and and while even being famous, he seemed to treat the most common man with dignity and respect.

You cut slack to dumb kids.

You hold with empathy for men who're a little slow off the mark by their their middle years.

But let's not pretend this guy has no ego. This is pure, textbook Boomer center-of-the-universe end-of-history humility-zero gratitude-for-your-ancestors-zero impervious-to-evidence ego shielding.

This guy considers himself a culinary artist but he wants to erase every colour in the human race to stop "hate".

It's a fucking wonder he knows how to tie his shoes.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - RexImperator - 06-09-2018

I think is a common belief in Hollywood (with multiple brackets). The movie Bulworth starring Warren Beatty promotes the same idea.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Days of Broken Arrows - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 09:56 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

And I quote verbatim:

Bourdain: "That's the only way. This is the only solution. My way of thinking. It's our only hope. Our only way out of this. It's going to take some time but it's really the only way, the Singaporean model where everybody is so mixed up that you really don't know who to hate because everybody is so... hopelessly intertwined, but we're a long way from that."

Fuck, maybe he killed himself because he'd only had white kids and he realised he'd destroyed his own 70-80 year plan for the erasure of all the races in the world.

I've heard this before. Some idiot female author I once interviewed in the 1990s told me this was her dream. "We'll mix black and white and other things and someday we'll all be golden brown!"

Let me tell you all what I told her: People will still find differences. It's part of human nature to want to belong to a sub-group or sub-culture.

So, if we're all "golden brown" then people will segregate based on hair type or eyebrows or height. Or the way they speak. Or who their parents are. Or something.

It's naive and idiotic to spout this nonsense and Bourdain should have known better. Also, if he really believes this, why didn't he breed with a black woman? Robert DeNiro did.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - RexImperator - 06-09-2018

Quote:Quote:

"We'll mix black and white and other things and someday we'll all be golden brown”

A good reply: “So you’re saying you’re against diversity?”

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Roosh - 06-09-2018

Experts at Daily Mail says that Bourdain killed himself because of toxic masculinity. The typist who wrote the article looks as you would expect.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/rooshv/status/1005478818721779714][/url]

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - puckerman - 06-09-2018

I hardly knew anything about him and don't ever remember watching him. His death is all over my Facebook feed though.

We are seeing yet another case of a man who was red-pill in his professional life and blue-pill in his personal life. His brain was red-pill, and his penis was blue-pill. I pointed this same thing a couple months ago with regard to Tony Robbins.

Here is what these guys need to do if they can:
1. Get a second or third citizenship.
2. Stash money in a safe country.

Just like Henry Rearden in Atlas Shrugged, he had cut himself in two. This conflict was never resolved.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Rhyme or Reason - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 08:46 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Former heroin addict. Emotionally unstable from the beginning.
And he was painfully Blue Pill - he was a in fact a radical Blue Piller for whom this is his most important defining mechanism.

Drug addicts tend to be extremely blue pill. Even in recovery. I am not entirely sure why this is. Nothing is more Blue Pill than AA, which tends to be the tool for recovery for most.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Cr33pin - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 10:03 AM)godzilla Wrote:  

Imagine if I watched your life on television for years and I decided to write your obituary with the same view.

There is no way you walked through life without being a complete piece of garbage to someone at one point.

It would be the most deviant thing ever shown on TV and I would be a legend

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - superiorClimber - 06-09-2018

Quote: (06-09-2018 05:07 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2018 04:51 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Zelc, take a chill pill.

Fine - Bourdain was chill dude with little ego. He was fully indoctrinated by the current dominant far-left dogma, but kept it out of his programs - most of the time.

Still - it does not seem as if his ideology made him very happy. He was mired both in far-left as well as Blue Pill dogma. He had wealth and fame and was still miserable.

I found even that the far-right guys are more resilient than the far-left ones. Leftism is a defeatist nihilistic ideology without a God or meaning of life.

Most guys here would be stupidly happy having his job - traveling around, banging chicks left and right or having your family come along with you.

So you are claiming a guy who was wildly successful in his field, was literally known around the world wherever he travelled to, was married multiple times, and was a long-time heroin addict that apparently got over that addiction...that he took his own-life because of a Leftist ideology and that he lived without God?

By that rational, most of Hollywood would be dropping like flies and we'd be hearing about famous suicides every day.

I'd probably more buy into the idea that he killed himself because Asia Argento ran off and cuck'd him than because he somehow believed in a globalist perspective on diversity.

Quote: (06-09-2018 10:57 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Experts at Daily Mail says that Bourdain killed himself because of toxic masculinity. The typist who wrote the article looks as you would expect.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/rooshv/status/1005478818721779714][/url]

Seems more to me like he had a very clear lack of toxic masculinity. He attempted to be the utmost supreme gentleman Blue Piller. Those guys kill themselves constantly - regardless whether they are tough marines who get left by their wives and slapped with massive child-support payments or whether they are unstable soy-boys. The male Red Pill of toxic masculinity is more resilient to go and bang some sluts and not cry over lost relationships or delusions.

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP) - Samseau - 06-09-2018

Why do people care so much about this guy? I guarantee you if any of us pulled a suicide, Bourdain wouldn't have even passed a thought in our direction.

Not only that, but I can think of so many other suicide victims I'd give more sympathy to: Veterans, Divorce raped men, children of broken homes, etc.

Anthony had 100x the opportunities to fix himself than most. Zero sympathy for the guy.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/GranTorinoDSA/status/1005074071242051585][/url]