Roosh V Forum
The Colombia Master Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Colombia Master Thread (/thread-54358.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

The Colombia Master Thread - LostintheWorld - 03-23-2019

Quote: (03-23-2019 10:51 AM)Hoo Wrote:  

Anybody else knows at what kind of fines I would be looking for 3, 6 or 12 months overstay?

I just overstayed a little over six months and it was about 300 bucks USD.

Here's from the resolution they sent me after I got home. (I couldnt pay at the airport). But pretty sure they told me 500k something at the airport.

Imponer sanción de Multa el extranjero#### identificado con Pasaporte Nro. #### expedido en Estados Unidos de Norteamérica, #####, equivalente a Un Millón Treinta y Cinco Mil Ciento Cuarenta y Cinco Pesos ($1.035.145) por infracción del artículo 2.2.1.11.2.12 numeral 2 del Decreto 1067 de 26 de mayo de 2015, conforme a las razones expuestas en la parte motiva de esta providencia.

They told me if I didnt pay I wouldnt be able to come back for a year.

The Colombia Master Thread - scotian - 03-23-2019

There's some serious fucking around involved with government employees, especially on the coast, the entire process I went through was Kafkaesque and made no sense at all but I was at their mercy and basically did what I was told. Being a gringo I'm used to things running smoothly and people taking their jobs seriously and treating government workers with respect but this just isn't the case in Colombia, a local probably would've just lost their shit and paid some type of bribe to get it done quickly. I dealt with Migracion Colombia people in Bucaramanga, Bogota airport and Cartagena over this simple two day overstay and as I mentioned previously, I had to to stay in Cartagena for an extra week (that I wasn't planning on being there for) and had to physically go into the office 4-5 times, so in total, I visited an immigration office 6-7 times and spent a fair bit of money to resolve the issue.

The Colombia Master Thread - tr1cky - 03-23-2019

Scotian are you conversationally fluent in spanish?

The Colombia Master Thread - scotian - 03-24-2019

Yes I haven’t taken standardized tests but my Spanish is pretty good, I make grammar mistakes but have no problem expressing myself.

The Colombia Master Thread - travolta - 03-31-2019

Are there any stores in Medellin which sell Durex or Trojan condoms? Anything other than the local shit they sell here?

The Colombia Master Thread - melikey - 03-31-2019

Quote: (03-31-2019 10:33 AM)travolta Wrote:  

Are there any stores in Medellin which sell Durex or Trojan condoms? Anything other than the local shit they sell here?

A lot of the pharmacies have durex

The Colombia Master Thread - Tigre - 03-31-2019

Piel brand is made in Germany

The Colombia Master Thread - BallsDeep - 03-31-2019

PostDay is 14mil and delivered free with rappi prime

The Colombia Master Thread - Diego1993 - 04-01-2019

Hey guys. I have been to Colombia 4 times, last time was a year ago. I had a lot of success there from latinamericancupid and colombiancupid, I was in Pereira, Cali, Medellin, Bogota, San Andres and Cartagena. For cupid Bogota, Medellin and Cali were best, Pereira was OK. San andres and Cartagena is only good if you go with a girl. Just wanted to ask you guys how is Colombia in 2019 compared to 2018? I was going through Cupid, quality seem to have dropped since last year, am I right or is it still same? Do you guys still consider Colombia best place in SA? For me last year was perfect, I did not do much daygame and nightgame but still had a lot of good bangs from cupid.

The Colombia Master Thread - Shimmy - 04-01-2019

Colombia right now for dating is better than any latin american country I've been to in any time period. I've been to 6 countries in LA already this year. I do not have much experience with cupid but still think Colombia is the best for anyone no matter if they prefer online, night, or day game.

The Colombia Master Thread - Diego1993 - 04-02-2019

Quote: (04-01-2019 04:40 PM)Shimmy Wrote:  

Colombia right now for dating is better than any latin american country I've been to in any time period. I've been to 6 countries in LA already this year. I do not have much experience with cupid but still think Colombia is the best for anyone no matter if they prefer online, night, or day game.

I have not been there this year but if it has not changed too much since last year, I totally agree with you. Still the place with the hottest girls and still it's the least commercialized one. Do you do most day or nightgame? What Colombia cities have you been to recently?

The Colombia Master Thread - semibaron - 04-02-2019

Quote: (04-01-2019 04:40 PM)Shimmy Wrote:  

True, as long as it's not Medellin.

The Colombia Master Thread - Shimmy - 04-02-2019

I have not really spent much time in Medellin but what semibaron said is exactly what I've heard from many others. I have only been to Bogota recently. I have most of my success on Instagram. For online I think Tinder is better and more efficient for shorter trips as instagram takes a much higher investment to pay off. The upside to Instagram is you don't have as many hookers or scammers, you have access to some girls who aren't on dating sites (tinder girls still overlap on instagram), and you are more likely to get a higher quality girl than on tinder if you make more of an investment. The downside is not all the girls are single or want to go out so it takes more messages and more time building comfort.

The Colombia Master Thread - travolta - 04-02-2019

I found that Tinder worked REALLY well in Bogota, but in Medellin it's garbage. I get a ton of matches in Medellin, but after a few messages girls stop replying (running the same type of game I use successfully in Bogota). I've given up on Tinder in Medellin, it's too low ROI for me. Besides, girls are super hot during the day time and quite receptive to Gringos like me.

The Colombia Master Thread - NonDrifter - 04-02-2019

For those who have traveled to Mexico how is it in terms of adjustability and other differences, such as cost of living?

I know the girls are pretty hot in Colombia.

What is the learning curve for getting around and meeting women with beginner basic Spanish? - If it's any constellation I managed to hook up with girls in Mexico with basic Spanish and google translate. Can the same be done here also?

I've spent a good amount of time in Mexico and I want to hit up the Yucatan for at least a month or so.

However, I am not sure if I stay beyond mid-summer time and go to Colombia.

A big part of me wants to, but with all this information in Colombia, I am a little overwhelmed.

Also, how is it building a social circle over in Colombia?

These days I am not a big drinker but I used to party hard in years previous.

Some of it doesn't even sound cool, I mean I go out with a chick or meet one there and then I have to worry about that Scoplatemoia(Devil's breath).

I had a similar experience in Mexico. Ironically I was already apprehensive about her as she barely made the boner test.

I remember my alarm going off on my phone at like 6 in the morning. Wake up 2 hours later. Pants are gone with everything in it. I do not think I was drugged but my room was extremely humid+drunk but I remember most of the night.

Colombia sounds like a good place, but is it easy to adjust to?

I'm taking a Spanish course online now and I know some basic, but I still have trouble fully understanding especially with the speed of Spanish speakers. I am better at communicating my ideas.

With 100+ pages here and all the other threads of information, I have somewhat of an idea, but some of these posts are from back in 2011 so I am sure some things have changed in 8 years. What's the scoop these days?

Most importantly I work remotely. How is the internet?

Is it possible to get a strong internet connection in Colombia?

I'd like to say my game is good, at least in terms of having an abundance mindset and a non-needy frame. I've had good style but I need a wardrobe upgrade.

Throuought the years I have lost many sets of good expensive clothes.

When I get to Mexico I definitely plan to take some dance lessons.

Which is best for Colombia? Salsa, Cumbia or something else?

I've also heard that fitness is a big deal there also. That must mean people like to live and promote a healthy fit lifestyle +10 for sure in my book.

The Colombia Master Thread - RoadTo100 - 04-02-2019

Popular blogger Nomadic Matt wrote an interesting post about getting knifed in Bogota:

https://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs...n-colombia

It shows how it’s not always obvious whether or not your mugger has a weapon, and how your natural instincts/reflexes in such a situation may cause you problems.

Overall he both was very lucky that it wasn’t more serious and very unlucky that it happened to him at all...

The Colombia Master Thread - scotian - 04-02-2019

^“It was near sunset. I was on a busy street in La Candelaria......” nuff said!

The Colombia Master Thread - NoMoreTO - 04-02-2019

Quote: (04-02-2019 10:58 AM)NonDrifter Wrote:  

What is the learning curve for getting around and meeting women with beginner basic Spanish? - If it's any constellation I managed to hook up with girls in Mexico with basic Spanish and google translate. Can the same be done here also?

I've also heard that fitness is a big deal there also. That must mean people like to live and promote a healthy fit lifestyle +10 for sure in my book.

Hooking up with Google Translate, I don't know how that works, I cant imagine. You have to get your Spanish level up, some girls will be patient, others will lose interest. There are girls in larger cities that speak English and like to practice. But that can be a problem in and of itself. Get good enough at Spanish so you can practice on dates with mediocre chicks was my method, then you can move up to the hotties.

Building a Social Circle Takes Time. If you like fitness start with gym.

I find Colombia easy to adjust to, at least in the short term. (months)

Internet connection is good. I work remotely from here with systems. Just be in a good neighbourhood (Strata 5,6) in a good building.

Salsa is probably best. Do group lessons to get social circle.

Lots of outdoor activities for healthy and fit lifestyle. Check out hiking, biking, gym of course, Sunday morning activities "Ciclovia"

The Colombia Master Thread - semibaron - 04-02-2019

Quote: (04-02-2019 02:16 PM)NoMoreTO Wrote:  

Quote: (04-02-2019 10:58 AM)NonDrifter Wrote:  

Hooking up with Google Translate, I don't know how that works, I cant imagine. You have to get your Spanish level up, some girls will be patient, others will lose interest. There are girls in larger cities that speak English and like to practice. But that can be a problem in and of itself. Get good enough at Spanish so you can practice on dates with mediocre chicks was my method, then you can move up to the hotties.

Building a Social Circle Takes Time. If you like fitness start with gym.

I find Colombia easy to adjust to, at least in the short term. (months)

Internet connection is good. I work remotely from here with systems. Just be in a good neighbourhood (Strata 5,6) in a good building.

Salsa is probably best. Do group lessons to get social circle.

Lots of outdoor activities for healthy and fit lifestyle. Check out hiking, biking, gym of course, Sunday morning activities "Ciclovia"

I visited Colombia the first time in 2016 basically without any Spanish. Back then there was still some Gringo Magic going on in Medellin. Nowadays not so much anymore. While in Bogota, I invited girls to my place and then used Google translate. Probably still works today. I mean, if you are serious about learning Spanish then you have to start somewhere. Bogota and Lima are the best places for this in my opinion.

The Colombia Master Thread - travolta - 04-02-2019

Gringo factor is still high IMO even in Medellin. My Spanish is quite mediocre and I've hooked up with hot girls (to my standards) who speak almost zero English. Spanish obviously helps and would make my life easier though. Majority of girls I've been with spoke at least decent English though. Keep in mind that my fitness is in the top .001% of guys though. I exercise at least 6 days a week (rock climbing, hiking, calisthenics, walking, extended sex sessions).

The Colombia Master Thread - Hoo - 04-02-2019

Approximately how long does a company like Claro need to hookup internet in a new building in a place like Sabaneta? I mean, should it be in a few days or could it take weeks? I see they offer speeds up to 300Mbps, how realistic are these?

I have no experience dealing with internet companies in Colombia but in other countries they usually sell 100mbps but you still end up getting just something like 20.

The Colombia Master Thread - scotian - 04-02-2019

^It could take weeks, customer service and efficiency in Colombia suck.

The Colombia Master Thread - Shimmy - 04-02-2019

There was a lawsuit recently against the internet companies for not giving the mbps offered. I'm not sure if that will change things. The speeds greatly depend on your area and building. My apartment had one of the hardest installs there is, I had claro out several times, etb, movistar, and one other one. Still no internet. I tried consistently for a solid 2 months. Avantel offers internet with a sim card in a router that you just plug in for temporary use, but the data is limited.

The Colombia Master Thread - Sidney Crosby - 04-02-2019

You have to pay a little extra, if you see a Claro vehicle give him your account number and a tip and you will get things done right away.

The Colombia Master Thread - whiteknightrises - 04-03-2019

Quote: (04-02-2019 11:00 AM)RoadTo100 Wrote:  

Popular blogger Nomadic Matt wrote an interesting post about getting knifed in Bogota:

https://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs...n-colombia

It shows how it’s not always obvious whether or not your mugger has a weapon, and how your natural instincts/reflexes in such a situation may cause you problems.

Overall he both was very lucky that it wasn’t more serious and very unlucky that it happened to him at all...

Crazy. Probably the biggest travel blogger, too

Colombia is not safe.

Highly recommend other 3rd world tourist destinations 1st (like Thailand) if you've never been to a 3rd world country and/or grew up in a safe area (white America, etc).