Roosh V Forum
Fashion and Style Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Fashion and Style Lounge (/thread-53940.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Fashion and Style Lounge - CaptainChardonnay - 12-04-2018

I heard good things about VASS but don't personally have a pair. They're popular on styleforum.

Tweed can look good, you just want to make sure the colour doesn't look dated and that the cut is modern. A colour that comes to mind would be a lighter shade of grey. I met a guy working for McKinsey wearing a light grey tweed blazer, blue jeans and a white dress shirt underneath and it looked well put together.

Meermin basically copies other companies and then make their shoes in chyna and "finish" them in spain. Would not recommend however if you are on a tighter budget they would make sense. The shoes they copy are very high quality such as VASS and Edward Green.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Ski pro - 12-04-2018

For those wearing leather gloves with your jackets at this time of year, should these match your shoes? Ie, brown with brown, black with black etc.

I’m thinking probably yes.

Fashion and Style Lounge - CaptainChardonnay - 12-04-2018

I bought a pair of dark grey Ralph Lauren leather gloves from Club Monaco. I think it would make sense to match them with your jacket but having them match your shoes would also make sense. Dark grey is very versatile, goes with navy, black, camel, tan colours very easily.

If you had some gloves that were say a tan colour, they would certainly contrast more against a darker colour but having a tan jacket along with tan gloves I don't think would look too nice.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Montrose - 12-04-2018

I match my gloves with my shoes or with my coat. With black shoes I wear black or grey or blue gloves. Brown gloves could work if your coat is in the browns or blues but it’s not very good.
With brown shoes, brown gloves are the best but sometimes I wear blue gloves if my coat is blue. I suppose grey could work too.

Note that not all browns are the same. Wear cork or cognac gloves with chestnut shoes for example. Dark brown gloves with light brown shoes may not work very well.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Dalaran1991 - 12-05-2018

I'm going home soon and I'll have the tailor who made me that kickass coat a few pages back make me another one

thread-53940...pid1876738

I'll have to check his inventory physically to see if he has any new design, but based on the success of this one I think I'll just stick to this style.

My big concern is picking the color, since I'll have to buy the materials. The above is in light grey and now I need another color.

I like my coats in dark color, i.e black or dark navy but given this style these colors would get me mistaken for a stylish Red Army Comissar [Image: lol.gif] or witch hunter

I was thinking of light brown or camel as Montrose suggested above. Tried a trench in this color and looked great on me. Problem is I'm short and brown tend to "drown" a short gent.

Suggestion?

Fashion and Style Lounge - Montrose - 12-05-2018

I would choose a medium to dark blue. Check the type-07 uniforms of the Chinese navy. They have a luminous blue which goes well with Asian complexion, and is more interesting than classic Navy.

Camel is a very nice color but probably not in the military style of your coat.

Otherwise, green, khaki, or sage (like a covert coat) would give an interesting faux-military look.

I’d also consider a light chocolate color.

Fashion and Style Lounge - B-Minus - 12-05-2018

Anybody rock a flat cap?

Fashion and Style Lounge - tomzestatlu - 12-05-2018

When I was younger, I always wanted to buy jeans jacket, but never bought any. Today I bought this for 5$.
I took it with dark-blue (almost black trousers) and brown leather shoes and I think it was good buy.
[Image: ce13b7d6eb2a2745619297ded1f92137.jpeg]

Fashion and Style Lounge - Rocha - 12-05-2018

Quote: (12-05-2018 05:01 PM)B-Minus Wrote:  

Anybody rock a flat cap?

Yeah, here and there...

[Image: attachment.jpg40800]   

Fashion and Style Lounge - scrambled - 12-05-2018

Right that Meermin is budget, I buy Crockett and Jones (uk) which is the best price point quality. Brooks Brothers sells them sometimes as their Peele and co. Brand.

Fashion and Style Lounge - JWLZG - 12-07-2018

Quote: (12-05-2018 05:30 AM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

I'm going home soon and I'll have the tailor who made me that kickass coat a few pages back make me another one

thread-53940...pid1876738

I'll have to check his inventory physically to see if he has any new design, but based on the success of this one I think I'll just stick to this style.

My big concern is picking the color, since I'll have to buy the materials. The above is in light grey and now I need another color.

I like my coats in dark color, i.e black or dark navy but given this style these colors would get me mistaken for a stylish Red Army Comissar [Image: lol.gif] or witch hunter

I was thinking of light brown or camel as Montrose suggested above. Tried a trench in this color and looked great on me. Problem is I'm short and brown tend to "drown" a short gent.

Suggestion?

If you aren't comfortable with blue, charcoal or some other shade of dark grey is a fantastic colour for the city, and adds more character than black.

WRT to the photo in your other post, since this will be your next coat, think about changing the details: perhaps deleting the epaulettes, going for a double-breasted opening, a half-belt, and a different-coloured lining.

Given that you're going to buy the material; I suggest Crombie cloth — in particular, the Melton wool. It's a bit more rugged than cashmere but still really smart, and really warm.

Here's an overcoat guide: https://www.savvyrow.co.uk/blogs/savvy-b...-standards

Fashion and Style Lounge - Lagavulin - 12-07-2018

Quote: (12-05-2018 09:11 PM)scrambled Wrote:  

Right that Meermin is budget, I buy Crockett and Jones (uk) which is the best price point quality. Brooks Brothers sells them sometimes as their Peele and co. Brand.

What do you mean by the best price point quality?

Fashion and Style Lounge - scrambled - 12-08-2018

Any more expensive (Edward Greene) isnt as much quality increase as it is money increase.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Lagavulin - 12-08-2018

Yeah but there are brands which are cheaper than C&J which offer excellent quality. £500 for a pair of shoes or boots is not the best price point for quality, although C&J definitely do make great shoes.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Montrose - 12-08-2018

I disagree with scrambled. The market for shoes is very efficient, you can buy $200 shoes, $400 shoes or $800 shoes and you get corresponding quality. I have Edward Green or John Lobb shoes ($800-$1000) which have lasted 8 years and counting and still get me compliments everytime. I have owned several pairs of Crockett & Jones, they are very nice but not as well made as Edward Green and the leather is more fragile. I also have Meermin or Barker shoes which are cheaper but the leather already shows weakness.

Fashion and Style Lounge - Bikal - 12-08-2018

Quote: (12-08-2018 12:25 PM)Montrose Wrote:  

I have ... John Lobb shoes ($800-$1000) which have lasted 8 years and counting and still get me compliments everytime. I have owned several pairs of Crockett & Jones, they are very nice but not as well made.
I agree, I have John Lobb's for work and C&J for casual/nightlife wear, I haven't had my C&J's fall apart on me yet but they have taken a beating a lot quicker than JL despite similar wear periods.

I'd say that at the £400 price point though, it's hard to beat C&J.

Fashion and Style Lounge - tomzestatlu - 12-09-2018

Today I accidentaly found coat I really like. Cut is quite okay, it´s not so long and its made from really nice material.
[Image: 2vl7ahP.jpg]

Fashion and Style Lounge - scrambled - 12-09-2018

Interesting ... I wish had me some Lobbs

Alternative to Crockett and Jones that's cheaper: Loake 1880

Also, Crockett has different levels of finishing, the hand grade is closer to the Edward Greene level quality (and price). Damn, that hand finishing ...

Fashion and Style Lounge - scrambled - 12-09-2018

Buttons could be replaced with real pea coat or navy issue ones...

Fashion and Style Lounge - ShroudedMist - 12-11-2018

Asking this question here since people in here would have definite opinions:

I need to buy some new clothes and finally start putting some of the advice in this thread to use.

Given how close we are to the end of the holiday season, does it make sense to hold off a few weeks for post-Christmas sales?

Do you think the sales will be that much greater to make holding off for a few weeks worthwhile?

Fashion and Style Lounge - scrambled - 12-12-2018

Wait for big purchases, unless you have a hedge-fund job.

Fashion and Style Lounge - HD668B - 12-12-2018

Quote: (12-04-2018 12:48 PM)CaptainChardonnay Wrote:  

I heard good things about VASS but don't personally have a pair. They're popular on styleforum.

Meermin basically copies other companies and then make their shoes in chyna and "finish" them in spain. Would not recommend however if you are on a tighter budget they would make sense. The shoes they copy are very high quality such as VASS and Edward Green.

I have an extra VASS pair in size 43 if anyone interested, never had the opportunity to wear them.

[Image: attachment.jpg40843]   

Concerning Meermin, wow I really thought they were fully hand-made in spain. I was not aware of that. I have a a black leather boot from them and it still looks perfect after almost 2 years. And I used it daily for 3 months around Siberia...

Quote: (12-05-2018 07:11 PM)Rocha Wrote:  

Yeah, here and there...

I do recognize a Baltika 9. Connoisseur slav.

Fashion and Style Lounge - scrambled - 12-12-2018

Interesting and disappointing about Meermin. They are still cheap though. To disclose I never bought any, only Northampton-made for me.

they have one defender at least

Quote:Quote:

Meermin took an approach that was quite different and more risky. What he did was find a workshop/factory in China, went to train them up in order for them to hand-last and hand-welt every shoe in his production. Then once the soles are ready to be put on, they send the shoes back to Spain to have it done on the machines. So in theory, half of the shoe is constructed by hand, but done so in China. This might throw some people off, but if the quality of the work is good, it should not really matter where it was done, so long as it is done right. And because the labor in China is much lower than anywhere else, this allows for Meermin to control his prices and offer something much lower than most, for a shoe that is handgrade and even more. Good business? I think so…..

https://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2012/11/...ation.html

Fashion and Style Lounge - Dalaran1991 - 12-13-2018

Can anyone recommend some good stylish leather gloves?

Im particularly looking for soft, thin and light gloves that doesnt make your hand look like an elephant foot. Im more form over function

Something like this but Ive had no luck finding it anywhere in Paris. Maybe its a niche thing?

[Image: gants-cuir.jpg]

The other choice is obviously military gloves but a lot of them has tactical backing so would look ridiculous.

Some people suggest looking for riding gloves but I'll need to find time to head a specialty store.

Fashion and Style Lounge - CaptainChardonnay - 12-14-2018

I got my gloves from Club Monaco. They're made by Ralph Lauren.