Roosh V Forum
Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Miami Florida - an updated data sheet (/thread-52548.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Off The Reservation - 12-27-2015

Miami Florida.
An updated data sheet based for my 10th anniv living here.
Bring your wallet.
[Image: tdcs.gif]

I will share some of my knowledge of South Florida here, hopefully just enough to make you want to visit and find out for yourself. In case you didn't know already South Florida means Southeast Florida which is Miami, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding areas. (No one says Southeast Florida but they do say Southwest Florida when referring to Naples). I will mostly focus on Miami.

Miami is a city of layers. I say layers because until the last few years the various groups were light ships passing in the night and had little to do with each other. That has changed now due to growth. If you look far beneath the surface, you can find some of what it was originally, a sleepy port city "beyond" the end of the train line. Today it is a young city, incorporated in 1896 with most of its growth after the 70s. It is growing rapidly and young and has a mostly foreign born population. The most famous layer, and the most influential today is the "Cuban layer." The Cuban population is several generations including 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation Cuban, and Cubans still arrive regularly. You can meet a Cuban girl in Miami whose
grandparents came to Miami, or Cubans who just arrived. All Miami and Miami-Dade county politics are Cuban dominated. If you want your building plans looked at in Miami you hire a plan runner who is Cuban and takes cafe cubano to piso 4 regularmente. There are also still a few Midwestern and Northeastern type Americans around and recently a new wave of New Yorkers. There is a very large and mostly rich Jewish population in Miami most of whom are Americans born here, but there are also members of the Jewish population from all over South America and Cuba. You would have to be local to know this but Cuban Jews are known as Jewbans. This is not a derogatory term at all, has not been discovered by SJWs, and may be used with no offense taken by any race or religion or lack thereof. Speaking of SJWs there is good news here. They do NOT dominate the entire culture yet. More recent "layers" are Colombian, Venezuelan, and most recently and importantly Brazillian. Of lesser importance and influence but nonetheless repressented in Miami are populations of Haitians, Argentines, Peruvians, and some Central Americans. Banking and trade are actually far more important than tourism.

Miami is a huge exporter, port and air cargo traffic hub. Most wealthy families from all over South America do not trust the currencies or banks of thier local countries and come to Miami for peace of mind. What was a trend of coming back and forth has now become dominated by such people fully moving themselves and thier families here. When I read that the American in me thinks a couple with little kids but when I say bring their family its everyone, so you have a nice population of single 20s and 30s girls that got here this way.

All of this influx of people mostly from outside the US has created an air of competition like nowhere else in the US. Success, looks, being thin and hot, being popular, doing fun water sports and hanging out in cool restaurants are all valued in Miami. The overall atmosphere can be a bit shallow but I'll take that any day over climate change warriors and 10% state income taxes. (Florida has none.) The women are constantly held up to an impossible standard because there are literally model quality women at every turn. Dressing dumpy like sweats to go to Target like the rest of America is literally not seen here. I am not saying there aren't fat hogs at all and yes we have our growing share of green hair nose pierced women as well but they are not the norm. What many outsiders fail to realize due to some image from tv about latinos, or their local corner of town taken over by
taquerias, is that Miami, unlike the rest of the US attracts a huge huge percentage of rich and middle class immigrants from these countries. Cuba is the exception replace rich with educated. The amount of capital flowing into South Florida from elsewhere is staggering. No, it's not New York but we have a street lined with gold called Brickell Avenue home to more banks that you never heard of in your life. Ok enough social commentary on to the areas and game. I am not going to mention every suburb, if I do it is because it has some significance to game.

Miami - Brickell
This is a mix of bank high rises and condo high rises. This is where the bank money, new money and the young professionals meet. If you are moving here from out of town you will need to rent $2800+ for a one bedroom and they will ask you for four months even with good credit. First, last, sec, and condo security deposit. Mary Brickell Village has some of the most consistently full bars and open late bars in the entire area. Watch out for Blue Martini, professional thieves work the bar, drug patrons and steal valuables. That crime is a bit of an anomily in the area which is basically safe. A police officer once told me "if I could put an officer there 24 hours a day I would." The starbucks in this village is awesome. In Brickell proper go to the happy hours at Vapiano and the excellent Argentine resturant Novecento. The club names and locations and where is hot changes so rapidly I don't even pay attention unless a group of friends is going. Spazio is awesome but get ready to burn money. Segafredo is better for game and most times you can walk in for free. In this area in general you will not do well looking like you are from Orlando or Pennsylvania, wearing polos or talking about your desk job. You need to dress well and stay away from Spanish if you only speak "un poco." High class area and crowds.

Key Biscayne and Fischer Island - Miami area

These are upper class areas with limited but existing opportunities for game but worth visiting. KB is open and FI is not. Mostly family population and nothing at all late night unless you are in a private home.

Downtown Miami

This is tourist central. The vast majority of office space is Brickell so Downtown is unique here. Lots of old independent street shopping geared towards tourists. These tourists are CRUISE stops or here before or after a cruise. There is a tourist only mall called Bayfront. This is where the Ultra Music takes place btw. There are a few clubs nearby in an area called Overtown which is an old formerly mostly black area. This is the youngest club goers in Miami and the best night game in the city. If you are any good at hotel lobby game, go to the Intercontinental then just pm me later to thank me.

Midtown, Edgewater, Wynwood and the Design District.

These names are interchanged by the geographically ignorant but they are distinct areas in Miami just north of downtown, up or near Biscayne Blvd. Edgewater is mostly condo residential with some furniture stores high end dealers, and some cool resturants sprinkled in. For doggy park game go to the parks by the bay. Midtown is a huge condo shopping complex with a shockly high level of single girls and loads of resturants. Bring your dog here too. Wynwood, the art gallery district, is the center of the Universe right now. Despite it is mostly filled Shitty arbitrary art, people trying to bring back "cruising," and a notable effort for hipsterism to take hold in Miami, it is a must visit. The hipsters may be the loudest but they are not the majority. There are only a few places in the world where you can see a steady stream of dozens of 8s, 9s and 10s all day long and Panther Coffee is one. The other such places are also in Miami. The Design District is high end furniture shops and more recently high end designer goods. Think Rodeo Drive in the making. There is incredible game here but you need to get invited to a evening party in one of the design galleries.

Little Havana

You must visit Calle Ocho or 8th St SW. The nightclubs are excellent when there are people. I cannot tell you which nights because it is literally random. A weekend might be packed or not, the places are trendy and music. You will be among friends at Brickell Cigars.

Miami Beach

There is some info here on Miami Beach on other threads so even though this is what most people think of and the reason most come to Miami for tourism I will keep it brief. Is there outstanding game? Yes. There are always tourists here from Europe and South America and recently a few from China. When you look at a map look at Collins as well as Ocean Drive which goes along the beach. South Beach is from the Southen tip to about 15th. The numbered streets are east west. Also see Lincoln Road, which is a shopping walking street, and West Avenue. West Ave is locals, and Lincon and Collins are tourists. The middle beach 20s all the way to 60s are snowbirds and quieter locals. North beach (70s) is Argentina. Everyone except you will be from Argentina. You have every opportunity in these areas from clubs to beach to coffe shop and other day game. For clubs stick with big name ad big crowds the little places tend to get dry quick. Niki Beach etc. Each hotel has its own bar scene outside on the edge of the beach boardwalk and these are goldmines sometimes as well. Avoid Washington Ave with its seedy hotels and crowd and avoid Miami Beach on Memorial Day weekend which is Urban Beach weekend. UBW attacts a very low end crowd, is famous for violence and drug arrests of 300 lb tattooed women in strings looking for free hotel rooms and free drinks. You will endure three hour waits to drive to the beach via the one open lande with 300 cops and license plate readers to get across to see this spectacle. It's a bad vibe UBW because of the level, it attracts that weekend.

Bal Harbor and Sunny Isles Beach

Bal Harbor is an extremely rich little beach condo community with plenty of $12,000,000 whole floor condos to choose from and a little outdoor mall filled with designer shops. If you want to slum it you can visit Neiman Marcus. It costs $5 an hour to park at this mall, but wait! It's half price if you validate. Nice places to eat. Just up the road is Sunny Isles Beach, an absolute miracle of beautiful Russian women with some hot Columbians as well. Russian food, Russina real estate agents, Russians everywhere. And then every fourth license plate is Quebec. Montreal called and they want their rich people back to feed to the SJWs. Nice beaches, plenty of hotel bars and resturants. Must visit SIB. Up the road Hollywood Beach is worth visiting because its the last place left that's old. Nice regular girls hanging out every night and plenty of boardwalk bars. Aventura is nearby and is more family oriented. Its where sort of rich people live because they are not sure where to live. Shopping and traffic hell.

Coral Gables

This is a city most tourists don't hit but its only 10 minutes from downtown Miami and is its own world. Very high end city with stunning women from all over South America. Very few clubs but tons of resturants. Walk up and down Miracle Mile to get the idea. If you are into stunning milfs go to Houstons bar 7 nights a week. A repeat of the Brickell banks with other names.

Coconut Grove

This is the old Miami and has a bar and resturant walking scene in a neat little compact area. Young and laid back and low key. The places are always packed. Day and late-ish night. A few tiny clubs. Very highly recomended. Stay at the Sonesta.

Doral

This is the western suburbs but only mentioned here because it is almost totally Venezuelan. It is actually named Doralzuela. There are some big suburban style bar and grill places in and around the huge malls here. Go to Flanigans for the best place to eat and drink but unfortunately this is usually a bad ratio. Big name gyms here are full of bored hot women.

Hialeah

Hialeah is not Miami. Its Cuba. Its young and crowded and fun. It is an absolute gold mine. Nuff said.

A brief summary of the nearby important cities:

Ft Lauderdale

Easy game. Las Olas walking shopping and bars district and Ft Lauderdale beach are what you need here. You will find tourists and locals. Much more American than Miami. I have seen girls flashing guys in bars here to get attention. Its adult spring break all year.

West Palm Beach

Recently seemed like only old rich snowbirds but now has a slowly growing younger population and some opportunity. Get Blue Martini on your gps and then let your eyes guide you to do the rest up and down the street.

Boca Raton

Another blue-hair community but with a surprising number of young people in the bars along the beach. Worth visiting if you are near. BTW the Brazilians are taking over here and other nearby suburbs. If you cant afford a ticket to SP just come here.

Shared in the spirit of abundance. Any questions feel free to ask here or pm me.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Merenguero - 12-27-2015

offthereservation:
Great data sheet which I will need more time to completely review. +1. Why do you think that so many forum members have so much trouble in Miami? I'm thinking it's a combination of language difficulties, lack of understanding of Miami culture, and lack of beach approaches, but I would like to get your take.

Edit:
I have to take issue with your comment about needing $2,800 plus for a one bedroom in Brickell. Yesterday, I saw multiple places as nice as anything in Brickell in the $1,750 range. I do agree that you could end up paying much more than $3,000 for a one bedroom there.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - phluff127 - 12-27-2015

Miami is the place where the blue pill goes to die.

Quote: (12-27-2015 01:10 AM)phluff127 Wrote:  

Not really. What about all those guys financing girls' lifestyles but not banging them? Is there a place where that is more common than Miami?

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - LINUX - 12-27-2015

Miami is one of my favorite cities in the USA. I banged my first model there, she was straight out of Maxium magazine. I was running beach game in my speedo, smoking a cigar, up on 50th and Collins with some guys from Blackwater. I had only been divorced for a few months.

That town isn't for everyone though.

Quote: (12-27-2015 12:37 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

offthereservation:
Great data sheet which I will need more time to completely review. +1. Why do you think that so many forum members have so much trouble in Miami? I'm thinking it's a combination of language difficulties, lack of understanding of Miami culture, and lack of beach approaches, but I would like to get your take.

Edit:
I have to take issue with your comment about needing $2,800 plus for a one bedroom in Brickell. Yesterday, I saw multiple places as nice as anything in Brickell in the $1,750 range. I do agree that you could end up paying much more than $3,000 for a one bedroom there.

Its true that you can get better deals for the same style of buildings outside Brickell. Midtown and edgewater are good for this and around what you say.

As far as your question I think people may have trouble because they don't have a sense of context. Lack of the approaches you mention. Lack of identifying the right tourists. Focusing on South Beach only may not work for some people.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Karibuni - 12-27-2015

Love this datasheet. I just moved from Miami after a two month stint there - things didn't go my way so I now know I have to get that bankroll / business game up before doing it again, but trust me, I will do it again!

Quote: (12-27-2015 12:22 AM)offthereservation Wrote:  

There are only a few places in the world where you can see a steady stream of dozens of 8s, 9s and 10s all day long and Panther Coffee is one.

LOVED that coffee shop, I just found myself in awe of the fact that a Hipster spot like this had absolute stunners rolling through ALL day.

Quote: (12-27-2015 01:10 AM)phluff127 Wrote:  

It's so funny how an entire city can be red pill, but I really believe Miami is the closest to it - you CANNOT fuck around there, come correct or don't come at all. And not just with game, with everything: business, housing, food, the works.

Quote: (12-27-2015 01:18 AM)LINUX Wrote:  

That town isn't for everyone though.

Amen

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Moma - 12-27-2015

This datasheet seems right but to say that the immigrants to Miami are educated as opposed to rich is a huge embellishment. The dumbest people in the United States on average, are in Miami. They are ignorant beyond imagine and uncultured. This cushioning afforded to them means they must only exist in Miami. If they went to other Northern cities, even New York, I feel they would get decimated by the harsh reality of life. It is even reflected in their driving protocol, this improves as one leaves Miami.

For the normal cat who isn't into posturing about being some Carlito, Scarface or hip hop mogul in order to seduce wannabe video vixens, your best bet in piping lizards is in hitting touristas who are there for a long weekend or a week. That's where my success lay. The locals are swine [Image: smile.gif]

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - VincentVinturi - 12-27-2015

There will always be a special place in my heart for Miami, South Beach in particular.

When I moved there it marked the day that I was fully financially independent of my dad (which happened way too late in my life I'm sorry to say).

To this day I remember the feeling of relief washing over me and the pride of becoming my own man the day I stepped foot on that sand.

I lived in South Beach for 9 sun-filled months.

Highlights include:

- Working in a Starbucks on my laptop and seeing a model walk past the window, and leaving all my shit on the table and running after her to talk to her scared as hell. Got her to meet up and brought her up to my room but she was on the rag and it didn't happen. After that, I was never able to get her to meet up again. That day taught me many important things, the most important of which was "show up".

- Getting my first tattoo --- "Show Up" --- on the underside of my forearm

- Taking MDMA for the first time and picking up a Brazilian babe at a party with the legendary confidence reserved for the drugged and the sociopathic

- Taking pure MDMA for the second (and last) time before going to a CouchSurfing meetup, staring at a beautiful Argentine girl to the point that she got really uncomfortable (I couldn't look away...I couldn't!) and running home to curl up in the fetal position because her reaction made me feel like I'd just been fundamentally rejected by the entirety of womankind. Took me a good month to shake that feeling, shit was INTENSE.

- Meeting and banging my first real psycho chick. This bitch was fucking certifiable.

- Working out at the outdoor gym in SouthBeach with all the colorful individuals there. There's a guy named Phil who always comes there to work out wearing a bunch of chains (not bling, real fucking metal chains) and ankle weights. One day he told me "all women are whores". I was on my Zan Perrion "all women are fragrant flowers" kick and didn't want to hear it. Fast forward 4 years - the man was right.

- Training with one of the legends of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu at his gym full of affable killers

- Writing a bunch of awesome songs (I think they're awesome anyway)

- Walking on the beach and swimming for hours on end every day lost in my thoughts

...and much more!

Even though Miami's pretty great compared to much of the rest of the US, there are some downsides.

First, you definitely need a solid bankroll to actually enjoy yourself.

Everything from housing to food to entertainment is ridiculously expensive.

Secondly, yes there are plenty of gorgeous girls but their general attitude is still flippant.

It is America after all, immigrants from South/Central America notwithstanding.

I've never been a fan of bars and clubs and that kind of scene dominates South Beach, so if that's not your cup of tea you might not be in your element.

Luckily you've still got the beach and the streets and other avenues if you're creative (I had success with the CouchSurfing meetups and other meetup groups).

Lots of shady characters and gangsta types everywhere.

Lots of gays.

Lots of gay gangtas.

...kidding.

Finally, it does actually get pretty cold in the Winter time, especially once you factor in the wind chill which can be significant.

I prefer tropical weather year round, I'd say Miami is sub-tropical.

All in all man...MIA is a pretty great place.

If you go to stay there, AirBnb is your friend.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Moma - 12-27-2015

Vincent, Miami doesn't get cold in the winter, it must have been the residual shivers of that MDMA. You have a few cold bites at times but the weather is on par with the Caribbean because, well..it IS the Caribbean! An eagle on a high rise in Biscayne Bay could see Fidel pinching a loaf if it squinted, that's the proximity.

Quote: (12-27-2015 03:24 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Vincent, Miami doesn't get cold in the winter, it must have been the residual shivers of that MDMA. You have a few cold bites at times but the weather is on par with the Caribbean because, well..it IS the Caribbean! An eagle on a high rise in Biscayne Bay could see Fidel pinching a loaf if it squinted, that's the proximity.

I've seen it in the 20's in December, but I think that was a record low and it was extremely rare. Every other time I have been there in the winter, the weather was great. I get very little attitude from girls there, at least on the beach side, but from what I'm reading, that's not normal.

Quote: (12-27-2015 02:24 PM)Moma Wrote:  

This datasheet seems right but to say that the immigrants to Miami are educated as opposed to rich is a huge embellishment.

The dumbest people in the United States on average, are in Miami. They are ignorant beyond imagine and uncultured.
What I meant by the educated comment was about Cubans, and it was meant literally not with an evaluation of the education. As opposed to the roofer who goes to Oklahoma with a 3rd grade education a huge number of Cubans are college educated. You will find the guy making your coffee had a very fancy title and degree in Cuba.

The S FL area is the 4th largest in the US and I think the masses are ignorant in all of the major cities in the US so Miami is no different there.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - The Lizard of Oz - 12-27-2015

offthereservation, what a superb post. Beautiful.

So much has been written about Miami but your datasheet is FRESH and sparkling like a Brickell bank sign on a sunny day.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - natas305 - 12-27-2015

I've spent the better half of the last 8 years in Miami and this is a pretty good general overview of the city, for sure. Wynwood is pretty damn good these days.

I'm curious though, do you have any specifics on Hialeah? I absolutely love the thought of hanging out in Doral and Hialeah, but I've never really known where to go in either of those places, except the Hooters (where Doral's was rated the best Hooters girls in the world, for obvious reasons). Every time I meet someone from Hialeah I always ask them where there is to hang out or go to in Hialeah, but no one ever has any info. It's like a secret or something. There's gotta be some day or night places there to game!

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - el mechanico - 12-27-2015

Quote: (12-27-2015 10:24 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

offthereservation, what a superb post. Beautiful.

So much has been written about Miami but your datasheet is FRESH and sparkling like a Brickell bank sign on a sunny day.
You can only stay in the bubble for so long before you have to deal with those nasty ass scumbags.

Everyone else in Florida avoids Miami for very good reasons.

Come for good game, and don't worry about the scumbags.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - doc holliday - 12-27-2015

Just finishing up a 4 night trip in South Beach, pulling 2 chicks, both tourists, black girl from South Dakota ( who knew they existed) and a blonde divorcee from North Carolina. Ive come here the last two years at Xmas and I love it. I really enjoy reading about the social dynamics of Miami as I find this to be one of the most interesting places in America. I'd say this would be a challenging place to live though.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Disco_Volante - 12-28-2015

I found Miami to be almost overwhelming. It is definitely suited for an extraverted person. Despite the absurd amount of hot women, something feels very empty and shallow about that place. I can only imagine number of STD's in that city. Miami the energy is so high, if you aren't social like a salesman you will flounder.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Off The Reservation - 12-28-2015

Quote: (12-28-2015 12:14 AM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

I found Miami to be almost overwhelming. It is definitely suited for an extraverted person. Despite the absurd amount of hot women, something feels very empty and shallow about that place. I can only imagine number of STD's in that city. Miami the energy is so high, if you aren't social like a salesman you will flounder.
Knowing the different areas and finding one that fits your personality is the key. Not something easy to do on a short visit. For instance, I didn't mention Miami Springs. Here you have a solid middle class with some upper middle class areas. The whole city can be walked and has a nice circle in the center with Rotary signs and signs for the next weekend city wide bbq. There is no charge to park on the street (impossible in most other areas). Its unassuming and approachable. At the starbucks you have the some of same hot girls from miami but not dressing to kill, just dressing to look good. If you are not a clown or a baller and your game is more laid back you come somewhere like this.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Menace - 12-28-2015

What do you guys do in South Beach during the day (assuming you are not chasing chicks?)

Also with respect to Boca, are we talking about the restaurants in downtown Boca near the beach? Where to the Brazilians hang out? That I would def like to know.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - doc holliday - 12-28-2015

Quote: (12-28-2015 11:35 AM)Menace Wrote:  

What do you guys do in South Beach during the day (assuming you are not chasing chicks?)

Also with respect to Boca, are we talking about the restaurants in downtown Boca near the beach? Where to the Brazilians hang out? That I would def like to know.

Well let's see, I was at a hotel with a rooftop pool with a sweet ocean view so I mostly chilled there, read some of Forney's new book on the Phillipines, worked out a bit and just recharged. Chit chatted with people at the pool as well (mostly families and couples but I like talking to new people). I love coming down here just to chill as it's got that Carribean/Latin American vibe but it's not a terribly long flight for me. I pulled this trip which was cool and a bit surprising given the difficulty many guys have down here.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Moma - 12-28-2015

Offthereservation, I've moved throughout the world and I would like to think I'm pretty good at observing regional norms. I disagree that Miami has the same percentage of idiots that the rest of the US has. Remember I lived and worked there and dealt with fools on a daily basis. You say the Cuban immigrants there are smart as they serve coffee, does one need Spanish in order to discern this smartness? I speak English mainly and in all my convos there, I never heard anything deep from anyone who was homegrown, be they Cuban, black, white, Jewish, Chinese. I even met a lizard who teaches a dance style and she said her Miami clientele are ignorant, dumb and self centred. This lizard is Hispanic for the record. Yes, Miami has some very sexy lizards whether by nature or by surgery. My head always turns there. The people there, however, by and large, are dumber than donkey fart. Their intellectual level makes the rest of Florida look like Germany in comparison. No offense to the indigenous Miami natives and lurkers but you know I'm totally on the money.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Off The Reservation - 12-28-2015

My dumb russian waitress just started crying because the boss politely told her to do her job well. She has a horrible bob haircut, nice fake D cups, a few small tatoos, but a 9 slender body in tight leather pants. This is a cheap sandwich lunch place btw.

Oh what were you saying I got distracted.

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Moma - 12-28-2015

LMAO!!@offthereservation

Miami Florida - an updated data sheet - Curunír - 12-28-2015

Quote: (12-27-2015 03:24 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Miami is classified as tropical weather, subtropical starts just after Jupiter up north.

As we all know it can get chilly in the winter, sometimes even cold to very cold, but that is an abnormality and is rare, like Vegas getting snow from time to time.

Wanting it to be more tropical or hotter means basically wanting July Miami to be all year round, such as the weather in Singapore or Panama city, which also comes with a lot of rain, so Winter Miami is not that bad, nice break from the major humid heat of the summer months.