Roosh V Forum
Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Rap/Hip-Hop Thread (/thread-52045.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Mikestar - 05-27-2018

Quote: (05-26-2018 11:49 AM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2018 05:30 AM)Mikestar Wrote:  

Asap Rocky's testing - very chill album, no true bangers. Imo a bit dissapointing.

Pusha T's Daytona though - this bangs. I wish there were more songs on the album. Thoughts?

Blame Kanye.
Pusha said in an interview that every album the label releases this year will have 7 tracks. Due to Kanye's orders.

Looking back at it though quality>quantity, every one of the songs on the album is pretty much flawless. Kanye is one of the best producers. Santeria is my favourite song followed by Hard piano:

"Never trust a bitch who finds love in a camera
She will fuck you, then turn around and fuck a janitor"

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Stonk - 05-27-2018

Have y'all heard 6lack? Dude's very good.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - captain_shane - 05-27-2018

Kid Tsunami produced an album in 2013 that was super slept on. Had guests like KRS One, Masta Ace, Kool G Rap, J-Live, etc. A lot of the songs have been deleted from youtube since, but a few remain and a shitty radio edit version of one of them. Sucks this guy disappeared, he had a promising future. Very 90's feel.

Nasty beat on this song: Kid Tsunami f. O.C. - Catch Wreck

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - coverdoc - 05-28-2018

Surprised no one has mention this yet. So Pusha T's album has song on there called infrared, dissing drake. Drake responds within 24 hours. Enjoy:

-CD

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - brick tamland - 05-30-2018

Quote: (05-26-2018 05:30 AM)Mikestar Wrote:  

Asap Rocky's testing - very chill album, no true bangers. Imo a bit dissapointing.

Pusha T's Daytona though - this bangs. I wish there were more songs on the album. Thoughts?

This thread needs RESURRECTION. Asap, J Cole & Pusha T have released highly anticipated albums very recently. I've listened to Pusha T and J Cole. Those are arguably each artist's best work. I've written full reviews before in this thread. I won't this time. It's someone else's turn. I'll just say they both deserve 90 something % rating. J has hit a new level, while pusha is a sublime lyricist and Kanye is back to his mid-2000s best.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - brick tamland - 05-30-2018

Quote: (05-28-2018 02:36 AM)coverdoc Wrote:  

Surprised no one has mention this yet. So Pusha T's album has song on there called infrared, dissing drake. Drake responds within 24 hours. Enjoy:

-CD

And boom! Pusha shut down the internet with the response :

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Goldin Boy - 05-30-2018

Just started listening to this cat from Maryland called YBN Cordae

Real good response to J.Cole's 1985:

Crazy remix of Eminem's My Name Is:

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Le Siamois - 06-01-2018

New Ye album is amazing. I thought that Daytona was dope but this was even better.

High hopes for Nas's one.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - godfather dust - 06-02-2018

7 tracks is a perfect number for today.

With today's attention span I'd guess under 10% will listen to 10+ tracks.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - JekyllAndHyde - 06-02-2018

Quote: (03-13-2016 04:43 PM)BIG BOSS Wrote:  

Biggie was the greatest rapper of all time. 2pac and the others definitely should be paid their dues however. It's surreal to see how many soccer moms bought that new halfway-decent NWA movie.

[Image: laugh7.gif]

I guess I need a new SUV with a premium audio package because I enjoy listening to NWA and The Chronic.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - jordypip23 - 06-03-2018

Pusha T easily winning the battle with Drake so far. This summer has started off with a bang that's for sure.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Pride male - 06-03-2018

What do you think of Riff Raff?

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - jordypip23 - 06-03-2018

Just when the rap beef thing was coming back we hear that a literal bullet flew in the direction of Chief Keef earlier (either Friday or Saturday) in Manhattan / NYC. He is saying that associates of Tekashi 6'9 are responsible for the attempted hit. Chicago native Chief Keef is home safe in Los Angeles for those of you that may be losing sleep over this news. [Image: wink.gif]

Something tells me that even a bullet attempt may provide a boost to both of their rap careers in terms of sales. Gives things a dose of reality if you will.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - jordypip23 - 06-11-2018

Ahhhh, Kanye's production hasn't skipped a beat.

Pusha T ft. Kanye West - What Would Meek Do?

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Goldin Boy - 06-17-2018

Jay-Z and Beyonce just dropped the first single from their new album. Thoughts?

Good: Hot beat, good hook, Jay-z went in(he's got the best flow, breath control, and cadence I've heard in the over 20 years) but everyone's talking about Beyonce's rap.

Bad: I feel Beyonce was trying too hard like she's rapping now like Rihanna, "Pour It Up" and "Lemonade" in a desperate bid to stay relevant. She should stick to singing.

Jay must have some connections to get the Louvre closed for a video shoot. Impressive.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - ShotgunUppercuts - 06-17-2018

I turned it off afterni heard about a minute of it. Sounds like the same stuff thats on the radio. Im biased because i listen to underground rap .i feel this coulda been better than it was.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - MY DETROIT PLAYAS - 06-17-2018

Please picK up Nasir Nas' new shit

Ye' on production

That is all

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - jordypip23 - 06-18-2018

Quote: (06-17-2018 11:21 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Please picK up Nasir Nas' new shit

Ye' on production

That is all

I need to get the new Nas record ASAP. Yo MY DETROIT PLAYAS you from the Detroit area? I've been out here a few years (came from the Chicago area). You like Payroll Giovanni at all (originally from the Doughboyz Cashout crew)? Cardo has been making most of his beats lately. You might recall Cardo producing most of Wiz Khalifah's songs among some bigger name rappers.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - MY DETROIT PLAYAS - 06-18-2018

Yeah I'm hip to those guys, been bubbling for a minute now

I still rock to the Guilty Simpson's, Royce, Elzhi and Black Milk's of the world too. I support Midwest artists in general.

Funny you bring up Detroit, I'm now in the Chicagoland area but I rep 313 and 269 eternally

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Pride male - 06-18-2018

Why doesnt Rick Ross go platinum? He has got hits and hits.

Quote: (06-18-2018 11:18 AM)Pride male Wrote:  

Why doesnt Rick Ross go platinum? He has got hits and hits.

Extremely difficult for anyone to go platinum in today's digital / Soundcloud era.

Quote: (06-18-2018 10:52 AM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Yeah I'm hip to those guys, been bubbling for a minute now

I still rock to the Guilty Simpson's, Royce, Elzhi and Black Milk's of the world too. I support Midwest artists in general.

Funny you bring up Detroit, I'm now in the Chicagoland area but I rep 313 and 269 eternally

Hahah, I was just in Chicagoland over the weekend (my fam is largely back there). I live in the 734 right now, but 248 & 313 are very close by. In Illinois I lived in 224/847 & 773. Yeah I listen to all of the artists that you mentioned. Been having this joint in rotation since earlier this year:

Phat Kat a.k.a. Ronnie Euro, Guilty Simpson, Elzhi - All Madden

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Enoch - 06-18-2018

Most underrated rapper of all time: Royce da 59

Success is certain is my favorite album of his.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - Thrill Jackson - 06-18-2018

RIP xxxtentacion.

Man I'm shook.

Rap/Hip-Hop Thread - ShotgunUppercuts - 06-18-2018

@MYDETROITPLAYAS

You mess with willie the kid?

He’s from Grand Rapids Michigan .