Roosh V Forum
The Joe Rogan thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Joe Rogan thread (/thread-47141.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

The Joe Rogan thread - Spectrumwalker - 01-02-2019

Just came across this. Thought it was fricken hilarious.

The Joe Rogan thread - Simeon_Strangelight - 01-27-2019

Joe Rogan - the NPC mainstream media outlet - speaks here about "muh Russian collusion", "CNN is fine" etc.

The Joe Rogan thread - Kid Twist - 01-27-2019

He was exposed for being a compromise type equal opportunity hater ("everyone is a liar"!) in that interview with DiPaolo. He didn't even know what the Steele Dossiers was, like at all. He doesn't understand that none of these "crimes" are crimes, they are FBI doublespeak for those seeking a crime. I lost a lot of respect in this interview; he also tried to act like Nick was "getting emotional".

Does he know that John Brennan hacked Senate Oversight Committee computers in 2014 and apologized for it? That was reported by NY Times and Vice, even.

The Joe Rogan thread - Teedub - 01-27-2019

That guest is a moron regarding Russia. "Third world shithole", yet the architecture in Saint P and Moscow is breathtakingly more beautiful than anything in America. Not to mention the fantastic literature they've produced over the centuries. Most Americans, like most Brits, are completely clueless about anything to the East of Germany.

The Joe Rogan thread - Cr33pin - 01-27-2019

Fuck Hoe Rogan.... He is good at calling fights and commentary on his podcast about health, fitness, and lifestyle topics. However when it comes to politics hes a typical California cuck

The Joe Rogan thread - la bodhisattva - 01-27-2019

I don't think he would dismiss the incredible things Russia has produced in the past, but presently, Russia is not comparable to the West.

I also don't think anyone would argue that Russian literature is not the high water mark of writing or that some of the architecture is amazing. What's been produced within Russia since 1900 is another story.

The Joe Rogan thread - Simeon_Strangelight - 01-27-2019

Quote: (01-27-2019 11:37 AM)la bodhisattva Wrote:  

I don't think he would dismiss the incredible things Russia has produced in the past, but presently, Russia is not comparable to the West.

I also don't think anyone would argue that Russian literature is not the high water mark of writing or that some of the architecture is amazing. What's been produced within Russia since 1900 is another story.

The Russian people are not some kind of dumb morons. There are way too many scientists, architects and even scientific geniuses coming out of there for that. The issue with Russia is that up until 1900 they had still feudalism going on with actual serfs comparable to real slaves - some peasants could not even leave their property for longer than one day! Then after the changing times and some attempted reforms they got taken over by Jewish Bolsheviks who while modernizing also stunted the development via communism. After 1990 it was chaotic robber baron capitalism with the mafia/KGB and some (((elite))) families still pulling the strings not for the benefit of the people. Still - they do comparatively fine despite having essentially only 38 years of free market capitalism in the last 200 years! Compare it to the US which had 200 years of a republic-protected free market system. If Russia had the US constitution in 1800, then we would be talking about an entirely different behemoth.

But of course do they have some way to go and it's likely still not anywhere near as free as the US was in 1880 or Germany had been in 1950. Russia is still controlled by a KGB oligarchy with old Bolshevik-Jewish-family-oligarchs pulling at the seams of that country. Relative to that then they are not doing that badly.

----------------
Also - there was funny part about Joe Rogan where he talked about George Soros as a WWII war hero - cracked me up that bloke.

The Joe Rogan thread - Kid Twist - 01-27-2019

Rogan's lack of understanding regarding religion, and in particular christianity (they had a youtube jre clips Jesus White God factor or something with Killer Mike) is also classically ignorant, just like the west's knowledge in general, which is why it's even more ironic. He made fun of the desire to get something ancient and exotic with "white" people following Hindu/pagan religions but unbelievably paltry knowledge of Hebrew and Christian history, religious ritual, and mysticism.

It's really weird when you get into conversations where people who you know don't know very much about history or the bible try to tell you that Jesus of Nazareth wasn't "white" or something. It's a weird fast forward to modern political garbage commentary as if a) it matters and b) my people are the original christians and yes, we do know what he looks like. But you don't need to be me to know that, it's obvious with very cursory understanding or honest study.

The Joe Rogan thread - for.petes.sake - 01-27-2019

Quote: (01-27-2019 09:31 AM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

Joe Rogan - the NPC mainstream media outlet - speaks here about "muh Russian collusion", "CNN is fine" etc.

See what makes me laugh is when he saying the Russians are undermining democracy. Are the Russians stuffing ballot boxes, blocking people from voting or are they stopping people from running? No they are allegedly using the internet to further the division in the country. That is not undermining democracy but just creating a bad social climate. Yes it is bad but the leftist media do it as well. Everyday turn on CNN and they are either attacking the right or furthering the racial divisions in this country. Heck the situation with Convington Catholics showed how low they are willing to go in order to further this division for their benefit. And what if the Trump administration worked with the Russians? Hilary got plenty of funding and support from foreign powers. Just shows how out of touch the left is thinking the only reason Trump won was because of Russia.

The Joe Rogan thread - perfectspiral - 01-28-2019

Руссиа ис а псёп.

The Joe Rogan thread - Pride male - 01-28-2019

What is so special about Joe Rogan? I have seen his interviews, he doesnt seem particularly bright or funny.

The Joe Rogan thread - Simeon_Strangelight - 01-28-2019

Quote: (01-28-2019 10:52 AM)Pride male Wrote:  

What is so special about Joe Rogan? I have seen his interviews, he doesnt seem particularly bright or funny.

According to Alex Jones Joe Rogan is much smarter and even more eloquent in private - his online persona is a bit dumbed down for the masses. I guess it works, but it may be part of an act similar to how George Bush jr. was quite eloquent in the early 1990s with a relatively high IQ, but then suddenly before the campaign became a bit of a dullard. For some it's likely an act recommend by marketing agents and spin doctors.

The Joe Rogan thread - CynicalContrarian - 01-28-2019

Gained plenty of attention / popularity due to his blunt / straightforward UFC commentary back in the day.
Also was an established comedian, edgy enough to stand out from the bland Raymond's & Seinfeld's of the comedy world.

That he got on to the podcasting gig early on as the whole thing shot to mass appeal, helped him gain even more attention than most & before the podcasting market was over-saturated.

For now though. It's the oddity of him being such an edgy / counterculture individual in the past, while seemingly attempting to be overly reasonable today.

The Joe Rogan thread - Teedub - 01-30-2019

He was edgy in the past, now he's like a 'cool dad' trying to stay down with the kids. His podcasts are excellent though, and have introduced me to people (and their work) that I would never have been exposed to in another era. For what its worth, I like him.

The Joe Rogan thread - Virtual - 01-30-2019

Quote: (01-30-2019 05:43 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

He was edgy in the past, now he's like a 'cool dad' trying to stay down with the kids. His podcasts are excellent though, and have introduced me to people (and their work) that I would never have been exposed to in another era. For what its worth, I like him.

Agreed...I think his stand up is 'ok' but his podcasts are really good; particularly because of the guests. I've listened to so many episodes that I can't count and learned so much about health, fitness, psycho actives, politics, public figures, etc. Rogan does come across as a 'know it all' at times and it's annoying when he continually cuts people off but there really isn't anyone else delivering the same level of content with as much entertainment as him. If you're an MMA fan, he's even more relevant because there's so much weaving in and out about martial arts IMO.

The Joe Rogan thread - CynicalContrarian - 01-30-2019

Just as Jordan Peterson is Jordan Peterson.
Voxday is Voxday.
Alex Jones is Alex Jones.
Roosh is Roosh & Trump is Trump.

Joe Rogan is Joe Rogan.

The Joe Rogan thread - TigerMandingo - 01-31-2019

I know he's only around 50, but Rogan has aged terribly and looks bloated. Probably the roids and all the hard partying he's done being around MMA and entertainment circles. He has that "former alcoholic face" I saw all too commonly in the FSU. Check out how healthy he looked in the Fear Factor days and earlier.

The Joe Rogan thread - Thot Leader - 01-31-2019

Quote: (01-28-2019 10:59 AM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

According to Alex Jones Joe Rogan is much smarter and even more eloquent in private - his online persona is a bit dumbed down for the masses. I guess it works, but it may be part of an act similar to how George Bush jr. was quite eloquent in the early 1990s with a relatively high IQ, but then suddenly before the campaign became a bit of a dullard. For some it's likely an act recommend by marketing agents and spin doctors.

He just posted an IQ test result on IG, claims 127. I wonder if the test is legit?

The Joe Rogan thread - Genghis Khan - 01-31-2019

Quote: (01-31-2019 01:14 PM)Thot Leader Wrote:  

Quote: (01-28-2019 10:59 AM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

He just posted an IQ test result on IG, claims 127. I wonder if the test is legit?

Online test. Probably not.

The Joe Rogan thread - debeguiled - 01-31-2019

Quote: (01-30-2019 05:43 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

Agree with most of this, though don't get the try hard cool dad vibe from him.

He seems like he is genuinely living the life he wants to live with stand up, podcast, and MMA commentating.

Also, he doesn't seem to have on guests who are young or popular with the young just to stay relevant.

Seems like he genuinely invites people he is interested in.

I think what you are picking up on is the fact that people who are in entertainment are genuinely immature, it is not some attempt at vicarious living.

You could say this about athletes too, anyone who is still doing in their adult life what they were interested in when they were younger.

They seem ageless in a way. I first really became aware of this listening to the Alison Rosen podcast which was kind of a guilty pleasure for a while.

I liked listening to her because her way of talking and her humor reminded me of my college girlfriend, and then one day I thought, wait a minute, why does a woman in her forties sound exactly like my college girlfriend?

People in entertainment never really have to grow up, and it is their audiences who live vicariously through them.

The Joe Rogan thread - JackinMelbourne - 02-01-2019

Quote: (01-02-2019 10:48 PM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

Solid gold.

My view on Rogan is that he's far smarter and more accomplished than people assume. I'd even go so far as saying that he's so red pill that he lives by the "if you can't beat them, join them" philosophy. Think about it... he works in entertainment.

If he didn't play it the way he does, he'd be a broke-arse nobody still working in construction rather than doing whatever the fuck he wants while people who work in construction listen to his podcasts.

He has "won" the game. Haters are just a signal of winning. Winners always have haters. Winners remind haters what they lack and how they have fucked up to be in the positions that they are in.

The Joe Rogan thread - Syberpunk - 02-01-2019

Quote: (02-01-2019 01:59 AM)JackinMelbourne Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2019 10:48 PM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

Solid gold.

My view on Rogan is that he's far smarter and more accomplished than people assume. I'd even go so far as saying that he's so red pill that he lives by the "if you can't beat them, join them" philosophy. Think about it... he works in entertainment.

If he didn't play it the way he does, he'd be a broke-arse nobody still working in construction rather than doing whatever the fuck he wants while people who work in construction listen to his podcasts.

He has "won" the game. Haters are just a signal of winning. Winners always have haters. Winners remind haters what they lack and how they have fucked up to be in the positions that they are in.

They say Rogan in private is far more erudite than how he comes across on his podcast.

I'm not sure if him and Alex Jones are in the pocket of the CIA (and I'd hold it against him for it), but he ain't dumb far from it and you got to respect a man who got there by any means possible, I can and do respect that part, while criticizing the former....though I'm not sure how it much it might have taken of his soul to get where he is.

He might be happier pissing off to South America with his money and family and doing endless Ayahuasca retreats, it'd be a damn sight better than opening more of the USA youth up to doing more weed, as if they needed encouragement.

The Joe Rogan thread - SaintLaurentJake - 02-02-2019

New JRE with Jack Dorsey, corporate shill of Twitter. The reception is quite hilarious

Before I even watched the video, I looked down at the like/dislike ratio...
[Image: laugh4.gif]
4,000 likes to 23,000 dislikes

The Joe Rogan thread - CynicalContrarian - 02-03-2019

An adult male with a nose ring... (Dorsey)

Righto...

The Joe Rogan thread - CynicalContrarian - 02-03-2019

Heh.
MMA chick ditched "great boyfriend" who was also a MMA fighter, cause said boyfriend went out a tad too softly in a MMA bout... [Image: rolleyes.gif]