Roosh V Forum
What are your biggest red flags? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: What are your biggest red flags? (/thread-43331.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

What are your biggest red flags? - Ingocnito - 03-21-2015

Quote: (01-31-2015 02:11 AM)BadgerHut Wrote:  

Hates her job. If a woman sees work as a clock-punching exercise until she can go home and chill, I almost always find out she's a boring person who just wants to loaf. Sure there's plenty of shitty jobs but if you haven't found something you enjoy that people will pay you for it screams "I am lazy."

That's an understatement. All the undesirable jobs I had I forced myself to find lessons the mundane cycle hid from me. Once I learned the lesson, I could enjoy the work sometimes at least, and move on from there.

What are your biggest red flags? - Robert Plant - 03-22-2015

Pagans and new age type women often think they have it all figured out but are really caught up in a kind of spiritual materialism. They often are just grasping on to "spirituality" because they expect it to somehow be an instant cure for all of life's challenges; kind of like a chick who buys new shoes to make herself feel good. On the other hand I am currently dating a girl who practices a little bit of mindfulness meditation. She is really down to earth and cool.

What are your biggest red flags? - Georges89 - 03-22-2015

I had one massive red flag earlier in the year in January. I was on a date with this girl. We somehow got on the subject of cooking and I mentioned my ex girlfriend used to cook a lot, given she was Italian. The girl said something along the lines of 'I would never cook for you' and 'I don't know how to cook'

A girl that says that even partly in jest and a girl that doesn't know how to cook properly..That is a massive red flag for me.

What are your biggest red flags? - GlockTrigga - 03-22-2015

Hope you kicked her to the curb the following day. No cooking = No LTR

What are your biggest red flags? - iknowexactly - 03-22-2015

There are some that are already mentioned here I want to second:

TATTOOS-- vain, bad taste, bad with money.

Short Hair-- I hate to admit Roosh is right on this , because sometimes they look good, but it's a bad sign. There HAS to be some men who told them they like long hair, WHY DIDN'T SHE LISTEN?

Ugly voice--If she has a raspy voice ( I just ditched one like this) or a voice that is not melodic. There is a lot of communication about physical and emotional state from her voice, and it is impossible to fake, our decoding system is very sensitive.

Not liking to cook: This is one of the best because if true almost all women will admit they don't like it. They don't try to hide it, like they would if they feel their dad is an asshole.

Not liking to cook shows a lot of subtle possibilities--
- Lack of sensuality- -she doesn't like the smell, color, and texture of spices?
- Impatience- How can she ignore her cell phone for 10 minutes sautéing? And cooking gets her hands wet and might endanger her cellphone!
- Lack of nurturing side- Why doesn't she like to see someone happily eating the stuff she created? _I_ enjoy it!! Don't you like making people happy?
-Hints at general poor knowledge of and curiosity about science, biology, nutrition and physics.
- Laziness and being incurious-- all through our childhoods, most of us saw parents cooking and if we had any curiosity or helpfulness, we would inquire and volunteer to help, and if curious learn how to do it. If she really is a vapid consumer, she wants to sit and watch TV and just not do much of ANYTHING>

There is a girl I like now that is a special snowflake and I'll see if the exception holds.

Its an extreme case. She is so poor her house has no running water and they have no refrigerator. Not optimal for cooking.

What are your biggest red flags? - SlickyBoy - 03-23-2015

Quote: (03-22-2015 05:57 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Ugly voice--If she has a raspy voice ( I just ditched one like this) or a voice that is not melodic. There is a lot of communication about physical and emotional state from her voice, and it is impossible to fake, our decoding system is very sensitive.

I noticed the most delicate, feminine looking Chinese girl one morning when I was having breakfast at a hotel in Thailand a couple of months ago. She looked to be a good unspoiled, non-Americanized feminine specimen...

...then she opened her mouth. She shouted something up the stairs to her mother who was traveling with her. Mom shouted something back in Mandarin. It was a double-whammy of gauche behavior combined with a frog-croak of a voice. Total boner killer in a few seconds.

It was no surprise they were mainland Chinese. The hotel staff said they'd been getting a lot of complaints from guests about clueless, rude and sometimes flat out disgusting behavior from mainlanders. And people say Americans are bad tourists.

What are your biggest red flags? - CH-Toronto - 03-23-2015

Quote: (03-22-2015 05:57 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Short Hair-- I hate to admit Roosh is right on this , because sometimes they look good, but it's a bad sign. There HAS to be some men who told them they like long hair, WHY DIDN'T SHE LISTEN?

Honestly, it's poured over into celebrity culture and it's just awful. I would say 1 in 3 popular celebrities has short hair. There has never been a time where short hair looked better than long hair. You're right - it can look good - but long is always BETTER.

What are your biggest red flags? - FANATICAL - 03-25-2015

I'd clarify that long fake hair is as bad a sign as short hair. Too lazy to grow real hair. I find long natural undyed hair to be the highest correlation with feminine girls who are ltr material as a main girl.

What are your biggest red flags? - PeruLover12 - 03-25-2015

What are your biggest red flags? - Fortis - 03-25-2015

The hair thing is overblown. Most black lizards can't get long hair without killing their hair with a chemical bath that makes it smell funny.

What are your biggest red flags? - Merenguero - 03-25-2015

Quote: (03-23-2015 09:10 AM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

And people say Americans are bad tourists.

This is a bit off topic, but do most people really say that Americans are bad tourists? Who spends the most money when abroad? Who are the best tippers? In my experience, people actually like for Americans and Canadians (except for Quebec natives) to visit their cities or countries. Some of the least popular nationalities are Italians (from Italy) and Brazilians.

What are your biggest red flags? - SlickyBoy - 03-25-2015

Quote: (03-25-2015 02:03 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (03-23-2015 09:10 AM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

And people say Americans are bad tourists.

This is a bit off topic, but do most people really say that Americans are bad tourists? Who spends the most money when abroad? Who are the best tippers? In my experience, people actually like for Americans and Canadians (except for Quebec natives) to visit their cities or countries. Some of the least popular nationalities are Italians (from Italy) and Brazilians.

I don't know about most, but I've heard it before; usually that we're loud and culturally ignorant (though no complaints when spending money, right?) While it can be true that Americans are loud and culturally unaware, it's not out of rudeness - they'll usually adjust if clued in. Mainland Chinese just flat out don't give a shit.

I've heard the exact same things about Brazilians but not so much Italians.

What are your biggest red flags? - pialox - 03-26-2015

- Favors sneakers (Chucks, doc martens) over heels
- Piercings in weird places. (Belt piercings around the hips being one of the worst)
- Current or former stripper (They leeched men for money before, what makes you think they wont do it again. Its easy money)
- Unable/unwilling to correctly articulate Labial Fricatives in conversations (This pretty much indicates her unwillingness to put any effort into being heard and puts the effort on other people)
- Hates her job but yet is too lazy to find another.
- Is a part of ANY rock/metal scene (this indicates a smorgasbord of beta orbiters and a well punched carousel card..... I have considered writing an article about this)
- Compares herself to any of your exe's (This is just a way of giving her validation for her sub-par behavior)
- ANY rejection of affection
- Graves disease. (Might mean they stay thin but results in anxiety and random shit fits)
- Any history of depression or mental illness.
- Any history of dating someone with depression or mental illness.
- Has a collection of prescription drugs or gets asked by friends where to acquire them.

What are your biggest red flags? - N°6 - 03-26-2015

Quote: (12-14-2014 05:38 PM)vinman Wrote:  

Lack of one single long term relationship.

Non existent or no relationship with father, or an uncle, or a grandfather.

I saw this as a very common red flag on Plenty of Fish when I was looking at women in their late-20s upwards. Many of them who were DEMANDING a relationship from men they've never met had only 1 or 2 years as their longest relationship.

The question needs to be asked: What they fuck have they been doing for 15-20 years?

What are your biggest red flags? - N°6 - 03-26-2015

Quote: (03-22-2015 05:29 PM)GlockTrigga Wrote:  

Hope you kicked her to the curb the following day. No cooking = No LTR

If a woman does not know that after many years of a LTR when passion 'settles' that a man appreciates good food, then she is clearly not relationship material.

The attitude towards cooking is a great indicator as to women's value in any given dating market. We can clearly see that American and British women are highly overvalued owing to their taking pride in being poor cooks. An Italian woman remarked this to me and how British men seem to be better cooks and end up cooking for their girlfriends because they want something palatable to eat.

What are your biggest red flags? - jayesco - 03-26-2015

Girls that eat in order to deal with an issue. Definitely not LTR material.

What are your biggest red flags? - Slacker101 - 03-26-2015

Girls that attempt to immaculate men any chance they get with little comments that might seem witty at first.

What are your biggest red flags? - Ethan Hunt - 03-26-2015

Her mother is a lesbian.
Has a mental disorder
Is neurotic
Won't even give you a hug good bye in public
Best friend mother is also a lesbian
Makes up lies about you
Flat out tells you she's on mood stabilisers

I could go on but that was one girl from 2 years ago... Fortunately I was aware of the red flags and bailed last minute. (presumably why she made up lies).

What are your biggest red flags? - Philly215 - 03-26-2015

One girl I dated had major red flags as the "relationship" went on, and they're even more visible now, since we haven't had any contact in months.

I think you kind of know going in, without even knowing much about her, just a gut instinct. I remember thinking, this girl is trouble, the first time I met her. She was hot and had great naturals, so I let it ride for a while.

- Divorced parents, shuffled between mom and day on opposite sides of the country during youth. Hasn't spoken to father in 10 years. Recently reconnected with mother.

- Lives in a party city, works in a night club, works odd hours, has odd days off.

- Sex first night raw dog

- Travelled the world with girlfriends to party destinations. Goes to music festivals and EDM events

- Openly talked about cocaine and molly use

- Drinks frequently, often to black out level

- Drops girlfriends frequently. Can only think of 3-4 girls that were BFFs that she didn't drop because of some fight.

- Has a lot of male friends

- Narcissistic social media presence. Very revealing clothes too

- All her exes are "ewww", except one who she broke up with because SHE had a "wandering eye" and told me.

- Obsessed with dog

- Admitted while blacked out she's crazy

- Has "friends" all over the country and world

- Volatile personality. One day very pleasant and fun, then next aggressive, b1tchy, condescending, awful to be around.

- Had an abortion at 17, 2 DUIs, tramp stamp, verbal and physical altercations with other women.

As you can see so many red flags, pretty much the poster girl, which is why we no longer speak. Although I never became close enough with any of her friends or ex friends to get any incriminating stories, I can only imagine the extent to which some of them will go. It would actually intrigue me to hear how much of a disaster this girl is from someone that knows. Like how would she compare to some of the girls who I have known for years as an acquaintances on the disaster scale.

What are your biggest red flags? - Remington - 03-29-2015

Attention whores are the absolute worse. Was trying to find a place to put this on the forum. Saw this happen last night. Out to a bar and i see a group of very attractive girls sitting at the corner of the bar. Typical group of girls. But, there was this one girl that stood out amongst the others. She had a little white board with a marker that says, "I can't talk, just had surgery." This group was getting approached like crazy due to that white board. The girl who had surgery had this smug little look on her face as she wrote back to people. She was eating it up. The shit eating grin on her face lit a fire in my belly. Must have seen 10 different guys approach the group and ask her about the surgery. It was unbelievable.

The look on that girl's face pissed me off so bad for some reason. Maybe next time I go out to the bar, I'll chop my hand off and replace it with a spatula. I'm sure that will make for a great conversation starter. Or, paint a big sign to hold over my head that says "I. NEED. ATTENTION!"

What are your biggest red flags? - NikuNashi - 07-27-2015

So much on the topic rings true with me, man half of my previous failed LTR'S have been summed up here. Anyway, here is my list based on the last few years of chicks.

- Routine Lateness (Been mentioned and argued both ways before) I see it as a lack of respect for the other person and a supreme act of selfishness.
- Checks my phone. (Once came out of the shower on my second date with a chick and caught her checking through my phone, she apparently had been cheated on by her ex)
- Is overly friendly/flirtatious with my buddies. (This is an instant OVER now, no questions, I endured a hot chick 8-9, who touched my guy friends, commented on their muscles, left the bar with her arm interlocked with his, he was with his gf at this time who wasn't impressed)
- Hands over the bill in the Restaurant to me, doesn't even make a token gesture to open her purse. (I dont mind paying, but hate the expectation)
- Lives with her parents/has never lived on her own (Knows the value of nothing, has everything on tap, expects you to take over where daddy left off)
- Has more than one Mobile/cell phone, (Instant no, heard so many BS excuses for this)
- Wears or has in her apartment anything Disney related (This is specific to Japan, guys who game here will know about this)

So many more.

What are your biggest red flags? - ksbms - 07-28-2015

Well, personally, I'm very hesitant to jump to conclusions (if you have little time, just scroll down to a conclusion section) but it seems there's a relevant link between tattoos and risky beahviours (which, I believe, would that risky behaviour be interpreted as a red flag by majority of us). I can provide, as many of us, some cricumstantial evidence, but the power of analysis lies in big, statistical numbers. Let me quote an article from The Social Science Journal regarding tattoos (and tangentially, body piercings):

Getting inked: Tattoo and risky behavioral involvement among university students:

"The findings from the present study indicate tattooed students engage in risky behaviors at greater rates than their non-tattooed peers. Tattooed students report drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, and using marijuana on a greater number of days than non-tattooed students. Tattooed students also report significantly greater involvement in oral and sexual intercourse, use of drugs and alcohol before last sexual intercourse, and lower age of first sexual intercourse. This is consistent with previous research that shows body modification is associated with drug abuse and risky sexual behaviors (Brooks et al., 2003, Burger and Finkel, 2002 and Suris et al., 2007). Moreover, findings from Koch et al. (2010) reveal that students with a higher incidence of body art are more likely to report regular marijuana use, occasional use of other illegal drugs, to binge drink and to have multiple sex partners. Koch et al. (2010) report large differences in risky behavior based on the number of tattoos; those with multiple tattoos report higher levels of deviant behavior.

Interestingly, tattooed students are more likely than their peers to use a condom or use birth control during their last sexual intercourse. Limited research has been conducted on associations between tattooing and contraceptive use. In a study of body piercing, Suris et al. (2007) reveal that adolescents with body piercings are more likely than non-pierced adolescents to use condoms during sexual intercourse. Additional studies should be conducted to explore this issue. [...] Future studies should be conducted to explore whether differences exist between students who obtain tattoos during high school and students who obtain tattoos during college, as well as age, grade, and how long individuals had their tattoos. Also, future studies should assess whether associations between tattooing involvement and specific risky behaviors differ between males and females."

What tentative conclusions can we draw?

Do tattoos euqal risky behaviour equal "slutty behaviour"? I think that's too fast. What I mean, it is not the case that tattoos are a causal factor. Having tattoos doesn't make one behave in a risky sexual fashion. That wouldn't make sense - it would be akin to stipulating a causal link between, e.g., having eyes of a colour C, and behaving in a particular way, say having a tendency towards a risky behaviour being blue-eyed (which, actually, can be a complex issue, for you can invoke self-fulfilling prophecy in the form of pygmalion effect to induce desired behaviour, ha!). What I think is at play is a different variable that correlates (I'd be very cautious to posit causality, really, within a psychological realm) with some people having tattoos and engaging in a more sensation seeking and risky behaviour (and, in turn, probably, in sexually risky behaviour).

Can we extrapolate those "red flags" of tattoos and piercings towards other undesired (by most males, let's say) behaviours? I think we can, to some degree, by invoking an underlying factor, a more fundamental variable(s). What is it then?

Before I get down to it, let me preface with a quick disclaimer: I don't think that anyone can (even in principle) give a clear-cut, obvious answer to that question. There will very probably be a compound mix of different proportions of both genetic, epigenetic, social, and other factors . However, what seems to be the case there is a pretty well established positive correlation between good, old fashioned testosterone (and other neurotransmitters) and risk taking.

For the sake of simplicity, let us focus for a moment on testosterone only. It seems to be well established, that the more testosterone an individual produces, the higher the chance (with adequate environmental triggers) this individual will engage in sensation seeking and risk taking behaviour, and this can be observed for both males and females. To back up this assertation, let me quote from Psychology Today a neat article (bear in mind, as science advances, all those finding are subject to revision) by a renowned psychologist Marvin Zuckerman at Big Think relating to sensation seeking behaviour: Are You a Risk Taker?:

"The greatest risk-takers are young males in their adolescent years -- a fact reflected in their high rates of auto accidents, binge drinking, drug use and pathological gambling. The military has always preferred younger men for soldiers, not only because of their physical strength but for their willingness to risk their lives in combat. Young men of this age are also at their peak on sensation-seeking. And, not surprisingly, they are at their peak in levels of the sex hormone testosterone. Testosterone correlates particularly with the disinhibitory types of sensation-seeking--those associated with drinking, drugs, sex and antisocial behavior. It is also associated with normal traits like dominance, sociability and activity. As testosterone levels drop, men's aggressive, antisocial tendencies begin to mellow. Sensation-seeking scores of men aged 50 to 59 are half those of males aged 16 to 19. Women also have testosterone, but less of it. Still, the hormone is linked to behaviors in women similar to those in men, such as assertiveness, aggression and sexual arousal.

Another biological correlate of sensation-seeking is the enzyme monoamine oxidase (MAO), active in the brain. Monoamine oxidase functions as a regulator, keeping neurotransmitters in balance. It could also contribute to the gender and age differences in sensation-seeking and risk-taking. A form of monoamine oxidase called type B is particularly related to sensation-seeking -- and to regulation of dopamine. The link between MAO and dopamine is notable in light of the fact that the dopamine-4 receptor gene has been connected to sensation-seeking, and another dopamine receptor, D2, has been connected with substance abuse, a particular form of risk-taking behavior. The enzyme monoamine oxidase is low in high-sensation-seekers, implying a lack of regulation. What is more, levels of MAO are known to be higher in women than in men, and MAO levels in brain and in the blood rise with age. Further evidence that MAO is involved in sensation-seeking is that low MAO levels are also found in forms of psychopathology characterized by impulsive tendencies to seek immediate rewards without regard for consequences."

Conclusion

What is my view, then? In short, I would say that to certain relevant degree, risky and sensation seeking behaviour could be in significant way positively correlated, for both males and females, with particular concentrations of testosterone and other neurotransmitters. This risky and sensation seeking behaviour (in game context: more sex partners, more often hook-ups, non-committing) will be more often seen in the environments with adequate environmental triggers - for example, more promiscuous and liberal westerns societies (thus more sex partners), such as USA or Great Britain against non-promiscuous, conservative societies (thus less sex partners), such as South Korea or China. However, I'd stipulate that globalisation with its platform of ubiquitous liberal entertainment (TV programmes, films, social media outlets accessible at any time, anywhere), has significantly made the last two generations share progressively more values of dominant ideologies of capitalism, hyperconsumption and its sexual liberation prevalant regardless of one's geopolitical location. Consequently, similar pattern of behavious can be observed more and more often in individuals of any nation, ethnicity, culture and regardless of their place of residence. After all, at neurobiological level, we are very similar.

If you want to read more on that , whatever the targeted population group, you can find many articles at Google Scholar as your first port of call.

Bibliography:

King, K. A. & Vidourek, R. A. Getting Inked. The Social Science Journal, Vol. 50, Issue 4, pages 540–546 (2013).

Zuckerman, M. Are You A Risk Taker? Psychology Today, 2000.

What are your biggest red flags? - TheBowery - 07-28-2015

red flag = american flag? this italian hedge fund manager thinks so.

http://dealbreaker.com/2015/06/hedge-fun...liability/

What are your biggest red flags? - PolymathGuru - 07-28-2015

-pseudo-intellect type
-thinks of you as a good husband when you tell her you clean your own room and wash your own laundry
-has a cold style of speech

What are your biggest red flags? - UberBicep - 07-28-2015

Each point made here means the pool of decent girls gets smaller and smaller. How depressing.