Roosh V Forum
#GamerGate thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: #GamerGate thread (/thread-39616.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

#GamerGate thread - kaotic - 08-21-2014

Quote: (08-20-2014 12:53 AM)Billy Chubbs Wrote:  

Looks like I drew the short straw for writing this on ROK. If anyone else has any interesting/important links about Zoey-kins, I'd love to see 'em.

Shout out to Chubbs making an in depth analysis of whorish land whale !

That was an awesome article, can't wait for the white knights in the comment section.

What's scary is there is only TWO major articles that can be found with google search, both are defending her as well.

Censorship is a scary thing.

#GamerGate thread - Solus - 08-21-2014

Long live ROK and long live Billy Chubbs.

Fantastic article.

#GamerGate thread - NilNisiOptimum - 08-21-2014

Of course there are tech sites slobbering over this "game"
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/08/wh...l-illness/

#GamerGate thread - Trim - 08-21-2014

Did I read that ugly 2, 3 at most, and that Fish guy talking about thirstiness and virgins? Gotta be kidding me. Hideous looking trolls like that shouldn't be saying anything.

#GamerGate thread - Ziltoid - 08-21-2014

Quote: (08-21-2014 05:32 PM)NilNisiOptimum Wrote:  

In fairness, I actually heard of and checked out Depression Quest months back, before I even knew who this broad was or anything about her. As a quaint little thought experiment in trying to convey to what depression can be like, to non-depressed people, it's kind of neat. It's not going to change the world, but it may inform some people, and mental illness (especially among men) could certainly use more attention in this society.
But it is correct that to call it a "game" and have it included on steam amidst leagues of fantastic indie titles that people have poured their hearts and souls into is fucking ludicrous.

But, it was made by a "woman game designer", so, that's all anyone needed to know apparently. Sigh.
Wonder what Gabe Newell thinks of this.

[Image: rEm20Qq.jpg]

#GamerGate thread - Cattle Rustler - 08-21-2014

Dude looks like he is having fun and not giving any fucks despite wearing a crew neck under a polo.

The bitch on the right is getting her undies covered by her hand, bitch move.

"His favorite games are Super Mario 64, Doom, and Star Trek"......good taste.

#GamerGate thread - Avon Barksdale - 08-21-2014

Thats just how Gabe Newell rolls

#GamerGate thread - infowarrior1 - 08-21-2014

Oh boy someone made a video game out of this that is 100x better than depression quest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNasVxNGrvw

#GamerGate thread - runsonmagic - 08-21-2014

Quote: (08-21-2014 07:53 PM)infowarrior1 Wrote:  

Oh boy someone made a video game out of this that is 100x better than depression quest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNasVxNGrvw

I didn't post that, because I didn't want people to think I was making a personal attack instead of focusing on social justice journalistic corruption...

...but I'm not gonna lie, I died laughing watching that.

#GamerGate thread - Cattle Rustler - 08-21-2014

Oh shit, that video made my day!

#GamerGate thread - DavidMI - 08-22-2014

Quote: (08-21-2014 09:41 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Oh shit, that video made my day!

"Rancid museum of hipster semen that Zoe calls a cunt."

lolol

#GamerGate thread - AnonymousBosch - 08-22-2014

Quote: (08-21-2014 05:54 PM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

Quote: (08-21-2014 05:32 PM)NilNisiOptimum Wrote:  

In fairness, I actually heard of and checked out Depression Quest months back, before I even knew who this broad was or anything about her. As a quaint little thought experiment in trying to convey to what depression can be like, to non-depressed people, it's kind of neat. It's not going to change the world, but it may inform some people, and mental illness (especially among men) could certainly use more attention in this society.

Is this what all the fuss is over, or is it a parody?

Depression Quest

It's a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story with half of the options crossed out, with an overall design aesthetic that resembles a Geocities page circa-1996, complete with MySpace style low-resolution 'sparkly' text boxes, and a harsh and tinny General Midi-quality soundtrack that plays constantly, unrelated to your actions.

There's plenty of this CYOA shit on Fanfiction.com. Calling herself a 'Game Designer' is ridiculous. I can't see why this would have gotten any press at all, because there's plenty of this CYOA rubbish in places like Fanfiction.com, except it would be better written, because the writing is terrible, and bordering on Autistic:

Quote:Quote:

You are a mid-twenties human being. You have a significant other named Alex who you are rather fond of, that you have been seeing exclusively for the past few months. The rest of your social circle consists of a variety of friends and acquaintances, some of whom you met at your day job which is a little boring, but pays the rent. You'd like to be doing more with your life, as would your parents, but you're still in the process of figuring out what that means and how to go about it.

On top of that, she's shown an utter lack of understanding as to the reasons for her current troubles, and has handwaved away all criticism. As such, why would anyone expect such an unsightful, arrogant person to have any deep insight into depression, particularly as she has no psychological qualifications to speak of?

If you wish to ask Ricardo and Lisa to form a suicide pact, turn to page 80.

#GamerGate thread - Faust - 08-22-2014

In related news, somebody hacked Phil Fish's (One of the guys who's been sucking up to Zoe Quinn) stuff and posted all his passwords and a bunch of his financial info online.

If you google his site it currently reads:
"HACKED BY 4CHAN.ORG/V/ - ALL SJW MUST DIE
polytroncorporation.com/
################################################################################​############################################################################# ############################# ..."

I... don't know how I feel about this. Hacking somebody's stuff like that is wrong, but at the same time it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I won't link to any of the financial info or passwords because that stuff's of dicey legality. But this is certainly a new development.

#GamerGate thread - Deuce Anna Half - 08-22-2014

Considering Quinn has already been caught putting out a fake "doxxing" of herself, I really wouldn't be surprised if this was bullshit too. Dollars to donuts says Fish did that to his own page in the hopes of getting some SJW pity points and putting some heat on 4chan.

#GamerGate thread - Ocelot - 08-22-2014

Quote: (08-22-2014 01:20 AM)Faust Wrote:  

In related news, somebody hacked Phil Fish's (One of the guys who's been sucking up to Zoe Quinn) stuff and posted all his passwords and a bunch of his financial info online.

If you google his site it currently reads:
"HACKED BY 4CHAN.ORG/V/ - ALL SJW MUST DIE
polytroncorporation.com/
################################################################################​############################################################################# ############################# ..."

I... don't know how I feel about this. Hacking somebody's stuff like that is wrong, but at the same time it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I won't link to any of the financial info or passwords because that stuff's of dicey legality. But this is certainly a new development.

Whoever did this is either a fool, a shill or Phil Fish himself. It should be obvious to everyone that SJWs thrive best in a state of victimhood; anyone who provides them with ammunition through illegal attacks is a fucking idiot.

#GamerGate thread - DavidMI - 08-22-2014

Quote: (08-22-2014 03:46 AM)Ocelot Wrote:  

Whoever did this is either a fool, a shill or Phil Fish himself. It should be obvious to everyone that SJWs thrive best in a state of victimhood; anyone who provides them with ammunition through illegal attacks is a fucking idiot.

I've been doing some light research and, from all that I've read, this is as legit and as absolute a hack job as you'll ever see in your life: the dude's entire life was uploaded to a public file-hosting site, including all e-mails and password, PayPal and banking info, complete financial history of his game on Steam and Windows Games....just every single thing you can think of was in the 1.5 GB upload.

If this hacking was self-inflicted, then it was a prelude to the dude's suicide, because he has nothing left. (That is a tiny possibility - the dude sabotages his financial life and then blows his own head off to die as an SJW martyr - but only a tiny one.)

Quote: (08-22-2014 03:51 AM)DavidMI Wrote:  

If this hacking was self-inflicted, then it was a prelude to the dude's suicide, because he has nothing left. (That is a tiny possibility - the dude sabotages his financial life and then blows his own head off to die as an SJW martyr - but only a tiny one.)

He could never be a martyr to the SJW's: he's male. They'd forget his existence the moment a woman felt like she wasn't getting enough attention paid to her.

#GamerGate thread - Matt Forney - 08-22-2014

The 4chan hack of Phil Fish's website has been confirmed to be a fake. Someone ran an analysis of Polytron's hosting services and discovered that Fish didn't even try to make it look like a convincing hack. You can see all the action here.

Here's a screenshot proving that the 4chan hack on Fish's website was faked.

[Image: VeLuwV5.jpg]

This is huge. Not only did Fish dox himself in order to protect Zoe Quinn, he doxxed every single employee of Polytron. He basically destroyed his own business just to protect the career of this whore and get back at those big meanies insulting him on Twitter. He could go to prison for exposing employees' info and said employees could also very easily sue him into oblivion over this. Even if neither happens, no one with half a brain will ever work for or with Phil Fish ever again.

I give him a week before he slits his wrists in the bathtub.

#GamerGate thread - Ziltoid - 08-22-2014

Quote: (08-22-2014 03:51 AM)DavidMI Wrote:  

Quote: (08-22-2014 03:46 AM)Ocelot Wrote:  

I've been doing some light research and, from all that I've read, this is as legit and as absolute a hack job as you'll ever see in your life: the dude's entire life was uploaded to a public file-hosting site, including all e-mails and password, PayPal and banking info, complete financial history of his game on Steam and Windows Games....just every single thing you can think of was in the 1.5 GB upload.

We're talking about an individual that has "quit the internet forever" multiple times and cancelled development of a sequel to his game, both in semi-regular tantrums responding to alleged haters and game journalists that reviewed him poorly.

I'm split 50/50 on if this is real or staged.
If he staged this I really doubt he'll be able to conceal that from the powers that be, we'll know soon enough.

So hilarious outcome either way. Either he WAS doxed, or he staged this and will be facing a partyvan soon.

[Image: popcorn2.gif]

#GamerGate thread - Feisbook Control - 08-22-2014

To be honest, I'm not sure what the fuss is about. Don't give these people attention. People are acting like there's no alternative but to play this SJW bullshit game. Of course there is. The free market will sort this out. If people started their own computer game companies, comic book companies, etc. and produced high quality content, they could do so almost anywhere in the world. The last place they would need to do it would be in the West. Wargaming, which produces the massively popular World of Tanks, operates out of Belarus.

World of Tanks holds a Guinness World Record in the category of Most Players Online Simultaneously on one MOG Server. The record was registered on 23 January 2011 when the number of players on the game's Russian server totaled 91,311.[59] This record was beaten by the European server on 13 April 2012 during the anniversary special weekend where all players could enter a code to be Premium account holders for a day. Numbers of over 305,000 were recorded during this period.

As of December 2013, there are 75,000,000 registered players worldwide and a 1.1 million peak concurrent players.[60] This is an increase of 15 million over the 60 million in June 2013[61] and 30 million over the 45 million in December 2012.[62] Within two weeks of the launch of the South Korean server, the number of concurrent users in Korea reached 10,000.[63]

In 2012, Wargaming's revenue was declared to be 217.9 million Euro, with net profit of 6.1 million Euro, as declared in an annual report for the Cyprus Stock Exchange. The money gained by Wargaming almost exclusively came from World of Tanks.[64]

In 2013, the microtransaction revenue of World of Tanks surpassed that of World of Warcraft, earning $372 million and ranking fourth highest amongst online game revenues.

Admittedly, there's probably not much of an angle for SJW in a shooter game about tanks, but if people want red pill content (or at least something free of mega-blue pill content), then there's a business opportunity there. Christian evangelists got sick of what comes out of Hollywood, so they started producing their own movies, some of which have done very well.

I think we're going to see more of this kind of thing in general, and not just in these fields, but in all professional fields, in investing, etc. As the world becomes more globalised, people are either going to physically relocate to places such as Singapore, or just work online for foreign companies who don't give a shit about all this SJW bullshit, and instead want to produce or offer high quality products and services. If it is good, it will sell. People will vote with their feet and their wallets.

#GamerGate thread - Benoit - 08-22-2014

Eye-opening comments from the Editor-In-Chief of The Escapist:

The Escapist ran a story about Quinn's harassment in late 2013 with little evidence other than her word. We will always default towards helping out people who are the subject of harassment on the internet. I do not support behavior of that kind and will strive to protect those who are feeling the effects of it. We will signal-boost those incidents because I think it's important to create change, and will only choose not to post such stories if I decide they will do more harm to the situation.

I think it is more important to reduce harassment and harmful behavior than to entertain the very slim possibility the claims were fabricated. I want to help people.

Lots of people banned on their forums now for "Zoe Quinn and the surrounding controversy. (Permanent)"

Quote: (08-22-2014 05:43 AM)Feisbook Control Wrote:  

To be honest, I'm not sure what the fuss is about. Don't give these people attention. People are acting like there's no alternative but to play this SJW bullshit game. Of course there is. The free market will sort this out.

Gamers just need to stop going to any gaming site that peddles SJW bullshit completely, so they're not giving them clicks.

Whenever a bunch of whiny SJW's get together to critique a person or target a company, the gamers need to gather together en masse and petition the company back, instead of just sitting there, ignoring the problem. Why don't they ever organise? Hell, why don't they threaten their own boycott of gaming companies that advertise on these sites and put these people out of their smug, complacent jobs?

Why don't they vote with their dollars and their clicks and do something to save their hobby?

I've said before all men need to do to stop the bullshit at Comic Con is to just segregate it completely, or simply start a movement to boycott the entire event over being bossed around by agenda-driven feminists. No consumers = no money. It only took ET to crash the videogame industry when I was a kid, and Quinn's just as ugly.

#GamerGate thread - Matt Forney - 08-22-2014

The plot thickens, as Phil Fish just put both Polytron and the Fez IP up for sale:

The always controversial Phil Fish has said that both his studio Polytron and his indie IP Fez are up for sale.

The proclamation was made on the developer’s Twitter account, which has since been closed yet again as Fish appears to have quit the games industry for a second time.

Having been in a pretty relentless war of wills with vocal critics online since his sudden resurrection on social media earlier this month, Fish yesterday entered the ongoing row concerning Depression Quest developer Zoe Quinn. And it’s the fallout from this move that appears to have pushed him over the edge.

He's a classic narcissist and this latest move is just an attempt at preserving his false reality. Fish gets to play the persecuted auteur who was callously driven from his one true love---video games---by evil misogynistic "soul-virgins." This is precisely the self-sabotaging behavior that narcissists engage in: they'll hurt themselves so long as there's a possibly that the people they hate (in this case, the evil "misogynistic" trolls) will be hurt even more.

I believe it's past time for this story to get the full Matt Forney treatment. Stay peeled...

#GamerGate thread - Benoit - 08-22-2014

Quote: (08-22-2014 06:31 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Why don't they vote with their dollars and their clicks and do something to save their hobby?

I've said before all men need to do to stop the bullshit at Comic Con is to just segregate it completely, or simply start a movement to boycott the entire event over being bossed around by agenda-driven feminists. No consumers = no money. It only took ET to crash the videogame industry when I was a kid, and Quinn's just as ugly.

The media they consume leads them to believe that they should only be attracted to "geek girls", the supply of which is so wildly limited that they will have a better chance of a fulfilling sex life by playing a 'girlfriend simulator' game.

Like most men, they have romantic, idealistic dreams, and these are dangled out of reach, with the constant threat of loss should they step out of line.

They have been manipulated and isolated for years now, we're getting a glimpse through this story at how high up the cultural marxism/SJW corruption has infected the games industry.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/j...7.21285525

It is now abundantly clear that somehow, from somewhere, there is an agenda being pushed and maintained by "games journalism". So strongly that they have managed to quell discussion of this everywhere. Everywhere. It disagrees with their narrative. We have seen contributions from people showing how dissent from this agenda within the industry earns you blackball; we have seen how firmly they want to cast you, as a gamer, as complicit in a problem that doesn't exist. They have woven a narrative that turns you into an asshole. Ironically, they are in fact gaslighting you. What you are witnessing firsthand is the attempt by interest groups to control perception, control story, control PR, using the fact they control all the channels and forms of media to reshape reality and represent it to you the way they want. And they want you to be a misogynistic oaf participating in a misogynistic culture.

#GamerGate thread - dog - 08-22-2014

We've seen these people generate fake victim narratives to generate sympathy before. What are the odds that Phil_Fish did this to himself?

edit: Whoops, Matt Forney already covered this way better up above. I have nothing to add other than that I am completely mindblown this man has destroyed everything he created to protect the reputation of a backstabbing whore.