Roosh V Forum
The Ukraine Thread III - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Ukraine Thread III (/thread-37535.html)

The Ukraine Thread III - Beirut - 02-23-2016

Im back home after two weeks in kiev so this will be my summary:

- logistics and details:
I got a sim card from vodafone at airport. I was told it was shit but i got 5gb data and it worked fine during my entire stay. Cost was 190 grivnas (7 dollars)

I stayed near the olympic stadium mostly, i think anywhere near center is fine. Kreschatik and maidan are overrated a bit, its not like the venues are all concentrated there so theres no point in focusing on being there. Its also where i found the most seedy charActers.

Daygame:

Didnt do that much gaming since most of my time was with one girl but:
For daygame i preferred the park next to the university, but kreschatik has more constant and varied traffic.

Malls ocean plaza was rhe busiest but gulliver isnt too bad as well.

Kreschatik is also busy woth traffic if youre good at the whole stop a gorl while shes walking thing.

Night game:

Again didnt get to explore it as much as i wanted to.

Decadence: was my favourite. High end club scene with mostly locals and no visible working girls. Went one time.

Skybar: went on a weekday karaoke night, mostly groups on tables including some turks or arabs who kept staring at the girl i was with.
I dont think that night is enough to form an opinion.

Dlux: went on a saturday, high quality but mostly pros and the ones who arent constantly accuse you of seeking pros. Could be good once you become a regular and know whos who bit overall didnt like it much.

Sorry babushka: for a low end clib i quite liked it. I think i would do babushka on weekdays and decadence on weekends as my regular spots if i lived in kiev. Decently busy and girls give a lot of iois and good ratios too.

Coyote ugly: i should like it as much as sorry babushka but it was a bit too much rowdy and chaotic for me and ended up bugging me. Alcohol wasnt helping so maybe id like it more on a other night.

The bar at arena: got face controlled twice there as i was going to meet forumers. Only place that did so in kiev.

restaurants:

Banka cafe/bar: cool little spot where me and weekend spent a lot of time

Touch cafe: high end place, where decadence happens. Worth being a regular at imo.

Sayf: lots of dolled up girls there all the time but quite expensive.

The burger: good spot with good food at arena

Tao at arena: great food and not very expensive. Great date spot.

I spent like 9 of 14 days with pipelined girl who im really into so didnt do much gaming.

Banged 2 total + bj all from pipelining and had many other quality girls lined up from online that i didnt get to see.

I had just started to gwt the hang of night and daygaming as my trip was closing but overall for two weeks online was way superior.

I liked kiev, would return, i feel i didnt get to know it as much as i wanted but i wouldnt say i fell in love with it. The sex tourist stigma can bug u some nights, i can see myself becoming cynical and bitter as in dlux when i was drunk and some girl kept bringing that angle up amd it just put me in a shitty mood.

The city itself is nice but i didnt find it charming nor impressive, at least in wintertime.

All in all im happy becaise i did meet one great girl who i hope will see again, but i wanna come back to discover kiev more.

Met great rooshers too especially weekend casanova and edlefou.

The Ukraine Thread III - PeruLover12 - 02-23-2016

Quote: (02-23-2016 10:58 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

Dlux: went on a saturday, high quality but mostly pros and the ones who arent constantly accuse you of seeking pros. Could be good once you become a regular and know whos who bit overall didnt like it much.

I'm very surprised to read that. Maybe I'm naive to such things but in the times I've been there I've never met one. Never had any girl proposition me for money or anything or give off even a hint of being a pro. Maybe in winter time they head there more?

I really think you will find Kiev a different city in summer time and would recommend you return to see it at that time. Once the slush has melted away and the sun comes out Kiev really comes into its own with cafes and restaurants opening their terraces and outdoor clubs opening. Sitting on the terrace at Bora Bora club at 5:30am with the bass pounding as the sun comes up over the verdant hills of the right bank and reflects off the golden domes of the churches is quite an experience.

The Ukraine Thread III - Beirut - 02-24-2016

Quote: (02-23-2016 12:34 PM)The Ligurian Wrote:  

Quote: (02-23-2016 10:58 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

I'm very surprised to read that. Maybe I'm naive to such things but in the times I've been there I've never met one. Never had any girl proposition me for money or anything or give off even a hint of being a pro. Maybe in winter time they head there more?

I really think you will find Kiev a different city in summer time and would recommend you return to see it at that time. Once the slush has melted away and the sun comes out Kiev really comes into its own with cafes and restaurants opening their terraces and outdoor clubs opening. Sitting on the terrace at Bora Bora club at 5:30am with the bass pounding as the sun comes up over the verdant hills of the right bank and reflects off the golden domes of the churches is quite an experience.

I definitely want to come back in better weather.

I liked Kiev, a lot, but it just wasnt one of those trips where i thought "man i could live here forever im selling everything and moving".

And the trip and city was getting better the longer i stayed.

The Ukraine Thread III - vanryan - 02-24-2016

Hey,

I'm in Kiev for basically the whole of March. PM to meet up!

The Ukraine Thread III - WeekendCasanova - 02-24-2016

Quote: (02-24-2016 06:22 AM)vanryan Wrote:  

Hey,

You just missed the wave of guys from the forum who went to kyiv. There was a mass exodus last week haha.

The Ukraine Thread III - LovePotionNo.9 - 02-25-2016

Quote: (02-24-2016 02:41 PM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

Hey,

You just missed the wave of guys from the forum who went to kyiv. There was a mass exodus last week haha.

There's always guys from the forum in Kiev. I'll be there mid-march.. gotta holla at the honey in Odesser first

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 02-25-2016

Kiev is not a bad city, but let's face it - none of us would live there if it was not for the poon, or maybe the abundance of pussy makes it 100pc livable for some [Image: smile.gif]

It has some nice areas such as Podol and places along the river. It's great though for bang expeditions, but in Summer you'd probably rather be in Odessa, or some more beautiful European City.

The Ukraine Thread III - Blake2 - 02-25-2016

Kiev is a nice city if you get used to it.
Got my game system working well with both day and online game.

Day game I do solo 99% of the time. Not many guys are up for it but no wingman needed anyways.

I've been really lazy lately (I did 10 approaches in the last 2 weeks)....but I stil met 2 girls that way.

Looking forward to some warm weather soon!

The Ukraine Thread III - Blake2 - 02-25-2016

Wanted to add one more thing to my post:

My success rate skyrocketed once I picked up a complete "Don't give a shit" mindset.
Girls will say things like "oh, I'm busy with my friend" or will look disinterested when you first try to talk to them.
The correct reply is: "Oh, but its good to meet new people. What's the topic of discussion?"
If you look at Ukrainian guys, they are always pushing into the social interaction. Its part of the culture and the girl wont respect you if you don't do it.

The Ukraine Thread III - Felix 5000 - 02-26-2016

I'm temporarily coming out of retirement (which was brought on by insane forum moderators such as Tuthmosis whom is higher on himself and his imagined powers than an Iraqi mullah preaching in front of 20 virgins in an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of Fallujah) to warn people about going to a restaurant called Tarantino's.

I went there today in a company of 3. Ordered two hamburgers and a steak. Steak was 1100 UAH and at least properly cooked. Meat was edible but not of the imported american quality they advertised.

Two other orders were cheeseburgers at around 200 UAH a piece. The meat was cold, and when we bit into the burgers, completely raw. I mean you can fry meat for a grand total of 10 seconds and fry it more thoroughly than that. I complained to the manager and even the chef but to no avail. Was able to get one of the burgers off the bill but had to pay for everything else. No one ever apologized. Not even the waiter.

Total bill was 2100 as we also had drinks. Stay far away from that place. It's been discussed in here before as a quality place, but the fact of the matter is that Puzzatta Hutta have better food at 1/20th the price.

The Ukraine Thread III - Traktor - 02-26-2016

Quote: (02-26-2016 03:17 PM)Felix 5000 Wrote:  

I'm temporarily coming out of retirement (which was brought on by insane forum moderators such as Tuthmosis whom is higher on himself and his imagined powers than an Iraqi mullah preaching in front of 20 virgins in an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of Fallujah) to warn people about going to a restaurant called Tarantino's.

I went there today in a company of 3. Ordered two hamburgers and a steak. Steak was 1100 UAH and at least properly cooked. Meat was edible but not of the imported american quality they advertised.

Two other orders were cheeseburgers at around 200 UAH a piece. The meat was cold, and when we bit into the burgers, completely raw. I mean you can fry meat for a grand total of 10 seconds and fry it more thoroughly than that. I complained to the manager and even the chef but to no avail. Was able to get one of the burgers off the bill but had to pay for everything else. No one ever apologized. Not even the waiter.

Total bill was 2100 as we also had drinks. Stay far away from that place. It's been discussed in here before as a quality place, but the fact of the matter is that Puzzatta Hutta have better food at 1/20th the price.

Food safety was never one of Ukraine's strong points tbh.

The Ukraine Thread III - Blake2 - 02-26-2016

You know, this is a good point. What good restaurants have you guys been too (inexpensive)?
I like Puzata Hata, of course, but itd be nice to have an alternative.

There are a lot of good business lunch options that I know...all over the place.
Of course, Eurasia and Mister cat have 2 for one deals until 4pm(or is it 6?) Nice deal.
Then you've got Linas cafe in arena...meh, its ok. Their falafel is horrible...don't get that.
The kiev donut-hotdog near teatralna metro is nice if your drunk (Kievska Perepichka)
Salateira in Ocean plaza is good for salads

What are your favorites?

The Ukraine Thread III - Sosa - 02-26-2016

Quote: (02-26-2016 04:15 PM)Blake2 Wrote:  

You know, this is a good point. What good restaurants have you guys been too (inexpensive)?
I like Puzata Hata, of course, but itd be nice to have an alternative.

There are a lot of good business lunch options that I know...all over the place.
Of course, Eurasia and Mister cat have 2 for one deals until 4pm(or is it 6?) Nice deal.
Then you've got Linas cafe in arena...meh, its ok. Their falafel is horrible...don't get that.
The kiev donut-hotdog near teatralna metro is nice if your drunk (Kievska Perepichka)
Salateira in Ocean plaza is good for salads

What are your favorites?

My favorite spot is Palata's. Great bar where the waitresses dress up as nurses. I've drunk shots while wearing a flaming helmet and downed plenty through a syringe. Food is amazing and cheap - I'm talking like 2-3 bucks for a steak dinner. Drink prices are unbeatable too. Check it out.

The Ukraine Thread III - William Windsor - 02-26-2016

Quote: (02-26-2016 03:17 PM)Felix 5000 Wrote:  

The meat was cold, and when we bit into the burgers, completely raw.

I just had a burger that was red in the center. It happens a lot in Kharkiv. Myself, I just eat 'em, never have gotten sick over that. Hopefully I'm not accumulating parasites. Yeah, food safely in Ukraine is half ass, though some countries are worse.

My burger was only 39 UAH. At a new place called Depstors (in Kharkiv).

The Ukraine Thread III - Rocha - 02-26-2016

Some places to eat in Kiev that I liked I will use a € rating (Puzzata hata is €, while BEEF is €€€€€):

- Katusha (Ukranian cuisine chain, €€)
- L'Oliva (Italian cuisine chain, Ossobucco to die for, €€)
- Imbir (Vegetarian cuisine, €€€)
- Bochka (Ukranian cuisine, 24/7 open, good beer, snacks and steaks, €€€)
- Budmo (Ukranian cuisine, best food for cost in town, borch and salo are top notch, €)
- Pivnaiya (Ukranian cuisine, great beer, €€)
- Sushya (Sushi chain, €€€)
- Grill do Brasil (Brazilian cuisine, rodizio all you can eat, €€€€)
- Vapiano (Italian cuisine, Arena city, €€€)
- The Burger (Excellent quality, Arena city, €€€€)
- Lina's (Turkish cuisine, chicken breast is top, €€€)

Kharkov:

- Stargorod (Czech cuisine, great beer, steaks and fun, €€€)
- Maranello (Italian cuisine chain but amazing Solyanka and Chorba soups €€)
- 44 Favorite Place (Ukranian cuisine, good grills, €€€)
- Terka (Ukranian cuisine, €€)

The Ukraine Thread III - William Windsor - 02-27-2016

A bunch of new places have opened in Kharkov in the past year. Not just cafes, but supermarkets, gyms, IT offices. If there's an economic crisis, it makes you wonder how much development there would be if there were no crisis. I'm sure the same applies to Kiev. Whenever I pass through, I'm a little bit taken back by the large cranes working on massive buildings in the center. There has been a lot of gloom and doom in the news, and times are no doubt harder for many Ukrainians, but in many ways, what I'm seeing on the ground, I'm seeing a country that is continuing to develop despite the crisis. When I compare Ukraine now to how it was four years ago, overall it feels like things are moving forward.

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 02-27-2016

It's still very cold here in Kiev, but today I have been doing some daygame with my wing from the forum. Between us we took a few numbers from various girls, all under about 23. We did many of our pickups on Kreschatik and also the park near the river. My friend is from Italy and is a bit better looking than me, also a bit more charming. For me it's more challenging to find willing recipients of my game due to my Syrian roots. Nevertheless I was pleased with my performance, my favourite strategy is to see them taking photos of themselves in the park and offer to help.

Tonight I will go to Arena city, my bank roll is low so will probably just hang around outside the clubs and see what happens. One thing we often do is get some alcohol and hang around outside Billa supermarket nearby, there is many girls, although also some undesirables.

Tomorrow some relaxation, a girl I number closed works at a Banya, will be a good chance to invigorate http://kievsauna.com/sauna/sauna-izba-193

The Ukraine Thread III - CharlesHustle - 02-28-2016

Quote: (02-25-2016 12:21 AM)LovePotionNo.9 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-24-2016 02:41 PM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

Hey,

There's always guys from the forum in Kiev. I'll be there mid-march.. gotta holla at the honey in Odesser first

If you don't mind me asking. Where are you originally from?

The Ukraine Thread III - BangBoy123 - 02-28-2016

Quote: (02-27-2016 07:55 AM)William Windsor Wrote:  

A bunch of new places have opened in Kharkov in the past year. Not just cafes, but supermarkets, gyms, IT offices. If there's an economic crisis, it makes you wonder how much development there would be if there were no crisis. I'm sure the same applies to Kiev. Whenever I pass through, I'm a little bit taken back by the large cranes working on massive buildings in the center. There has been a lot of gloom and doom in the news, and times are no doubt harder for many Ukrainians, but in many ways, what I'm seeing on the ground, I'm seeing a country that is continuing to develop despite the crisis. When I compare Ukraine now to how it was four years ago, overall it feels like things are moving forward.

The major cities are doing alright, the same can be said for Kyiv, Odessa, Lvov etc. But it's only when you step into the suburbs, or out of the major cities that the shit becomes apparent

The Ukraine Thread III - vanryan - 03-02-2016

Hey,

Anyone here?

PM to meet up.

Up for going out the next few nights!

The Ukraine Thread III - jimukr104 - 03-02-2016

Quote:Quote:

The major cities are doing alright, the same can be said for Kyiv, Odessa, Lvov etc. But it's only when you step into the suburbs, or out of the major cities that the shit becomes apparent
That how it has always been..." A tale of 2 cities". The provincial smaller cities don't really improve much. You should have seen UA back in 2000. Odessa was the most progressive city. Kiev and Lviv were a bit run down and backwards. Kharkov and Dnipro were so bad that expat employees often did "midnight" runs to escape.

I thought Sevastopol was the most "beautified" cty and that was due to Russian investment in the infrastructure. Illeschirk near Odessa was also pretty modernized , but considering the number 1 profession in the city was sailors who got 2k (yes dollars) a month, it isn't surprising.

The Ukraine Thread III - rishboy77 - 03-02-2016

Can anyone comment on the major differences between Kharhov and Kiev.... Is the cost of living or night life much cheaper compared to the capital ?

William - how are things out there ? Is the night life pretty spread out ?

As I'm planning for a trip in May when the weather is better and I have been getting a lot from online response from Kharhov recently so I wanted to see if it's worth a detour out there.

The Ukraine Thread III - William Windsor - 03-03-2016

I can't speak for Kiev but May is one of the best times to come to Kharkov, the nightlife is particularly busy then. And yes it's spread out so you end up taking a lot of taxis.

Most guys who make a detour to Kharkov don't have quick success here. It generally takes time to get something going.

BTW, google is now showing times which clubs are busy. For example they show Plazma is busy on Tuesday night which is correct. Bolero is busier on Saturday than Friday, and it's kind of dead on weekdays:

[Image: ZEPYj.jpg]

The Ukraine Thread III - rishboy77 - 03-03-2016

Quote: (03-03-2016 08:34 AM)William Windsor Wrote:  

I can't speak for Kiev but May is one of the best times to come to Kharkov, the nightlife is particularly busy then. And yes it's spread out so you end up taking a lot of taxis.

Most guys who make a detour to Kharkov don't have quick success here. It generally takes time to get something going.

BTW, google is now showing times which clubs are busy. For example they show Plazma is busy on Tuesday night which is correct. Bolero is busier on Saturday than Friday, and it's kind of dead on weekdays:

[Image: ZEPYj.jpg]

Thanks ! I heard May was a good time to come.

William how is the level of English ?

I heard it's a lot lower then Kiev I guess. Do they have international flights there or I have to go through Kiev any ways ?

The Ukraine Thread III - Rocha - 03-03-2016

Kharkov nightlife is half the price of Kiev. Cover in Kiev best clubs is 200uah in Kharkov is 100uah on a saturday night. Drinks and food inside the clubs are cheaper too, possibly 2/3 of Kiev prices.
Nightlife is spread tough there is some nice places in the center like Panorama Lounge or Sova Bar. But yeah, the other clubs like Radmir, Bolero, Misto, are all far from the center, around Saltovka area. It is not the price of the taxis since they are quite cheap, 35 to 40uah in taxi3040, but the time it could take to get to the clubs, 20 to 30 minutes, depending of the route each taxi driver does. I found amazing that every single taxi driver has a different route to go to Radmir for example.
Since I do not like crowded places, and it is hard to concentrate in just a one or few targets, the busiest nights in each venue are the ones that I avoid. True that eye contact in Kharkov at lest for me is not the same as in Kiev for the worst, I think it is because it is a more younger and hi-energy city and nightlife, but anything can happen there...Kharkov is an amazing city too.