Roosh V Forum
Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Games Of Thrones : Season 4 (/thread-32950.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Nascimento - 06-03-2014

As much as I liked Oberyn, he got complacent.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Barron - 06-03-2014

Quote: (06-03-2014 12:21 PM)monster Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2014 12:41 AM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

Prince Oberyn DESERVED to die. As said in The Last Samurai, "it was karma" meaning that they tainted what was supposed to be a pure and virtuous act with their egos. Especially in the case of Prince Oberyn where he is basically facing the embodied manifestation of pure evil, the last thing you do is turn an act of justice into a show of revenge.

Oberyn didn't deserve to die. He was avenging his sister's death as well as saving an innocent person in addition to putting to death that big guy who in previous scenes just killed people for sport. Yes Oberyn had his reasons & it was not selfless, but he could have killed the big dude in his sleep, with poison, etc - instead he tried to save the midget dude too as well as make a public spectacle of justice.

From a mythological standpoint, he brought his demise upon himself. Watch @28:45 when Campbell tells the samurai story:

When your life is on the line against evil and you welcome evil in by becoming angry and seeking the revenge that your ego desires (revenge being an apparition of the ego, meaning its an illusion), you deserve whatever happens because you're forgoing virtue, which means you're defying nature. By mythological code, when you defy nature you're essentially denying your own humanity, and now you're vulnerable to all the distractions and temptations that the ego has to offer. Not a wise thing to do when you're fighting a guy that can pop your skull like a balloon with his bare hands

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Malekhit - 06-03-2014

Oberyn was one of my favorite characters. It was kinda unexpected.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - monster - 06-03-2014

Quote: (06-03-2014 01:11 PM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

Prince Oberyn DESERVED to die. As said in The Last Samurai, "it was karma" meaning that they tainted what was supposed to be a pure and virtuous act with their egos. Especially in the case of Prince Oberyn where he is basically facing the embodied manifestation of pure evil, the last thing you do is turn an act of justice into a show of revenge.

Oberyn didn't deserve to die. He was avenging his sister's death as well as saving an innocent person in addition to putting to death that big guy who in previous scenes just killed people for sport. Yes Oberyn had his reasons & it was not selfless, but he could have killed the big dude in his sleep, with poison, etc - instead he tried to save the midget dude too as well as make a public spectacle of justice.

From a mythological standpoint, he brought his demise upon himself. Watch @28:45 when Campbell tells the samurai story:

When your life is on the line against evil and you welcome evil in by becoming angry and seeking the revenge that your ego desires (revenge being an apparition of the ego, meaning its an illusion), you deserve whatever happens because you're forgoing virtue, which means you're defying nature. By mythological code, when you defy nature you're essentially denying your own humanity, and now you're vulnerable to all the distractions and temptations that the ego has to offer. Not a wise thing to do when you're fighting a guy that can pop your skull like a balloon with his bare hands

Oberyn was more an "eye for an eye" type than a "beware of hubris" type. I'm arguing his fighting of the big dude (whatever his name was) was motivated by an "eye for an eye" justice not hubris, which would have been "I'm the best fighter in this land, I can slay someone 3x my size." Therefore, I'm not sure appealing to the Greek concept of hubris substantiates his deserving to die.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Pacesetter20 - 06-03-2014

Lost in this episode is, what I believe to be, a shift in the Sansa/Baelish dynamic. Watching Sansa's "confession" before the lords of the vale was quiet interesting. Baelish trying to weasel his way out of the situation with words, the "oh shit im going through the moon door," to the sly smirk after sansa says "lord baelish has told many lies......to protect me." Although this is the outcome he desired, the way that it happend was obviously very concerning to him. He obviously knows that sansa knows that he pines for her (and more) and for the first time in the series (particularly with any stark) he was the pawn. This clearly was conerning to him considering his oneitis for cat/sansa. Having not read this books this is one plot I am now more interested in as will sansa (who was giving a sort of dark melissandra) vibe btw, head cersi's words about a woman's weapons (since she clearly mastered the first) and become more of the master and less of a play thing.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - JJ Roberts - 06-03-2014

I prefer to look at in the lens of the 7 deadly sins

1)wrath
2)avarice
3)sloth
4)pride
5)lust
6)envy
7)gluttony

His sins were 5 out of 7

1)wrath - driven by pure anger
2)avarice (basically greed) - not satisfied by winning the battle, he wanted the confession too
3)sloth - got lazy and allowed himself to wander into grabbing range of the mountain
4)pride - the look of pride when his spear was broken and he avoided the blow when he was un-armed
5)lust - his final act. a lustful exchange with his paramour which lead to his death

5 out of 7

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Feisbook Control - 06-03-2014

Quote: (06-03-2014 01:21 PM)monster Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2014 01:11 PM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

Oberyn was more an "eye for an eye" type than a "beware of hubris" type. I'm arguing his fighting of the big dude (whatever his name was) was motivated by an "eye for an eye" justice not hubris, which would have been "I'm the best fighter in this land, I can slay someone 3x my size." Therefore, I'm not sure appealing to the Greek concept of hubris substantiates his deserving to die.

It was hubris because you never turn your back on an opponent, especially not one as deadly as the Mountain. You respect him, and yourself, enough to see the battle finished. You don't assume that your opponent is dead and you have won, you put yourself in a position (both physically and psychologically) of readiness in case it isn't over, in case you need to attack again. Hence, the concept of zanshin that I mentioned above.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Cobra - 06-04-2014

Oberyn didn't care about winning as much as he did revenge. Revenge got him careless and egotistical. And this happened over time, so much that it became his being. That being said I didn't see the literal skull fuck coming.

Sansa has Baelish by the balls. Baelish rarely reveals his true intentions, but he did with Sansa and she is seeing a weakness that she can milk him for. I'm glad to see the Starks getting an upper hand.

Lastly, I really want to see Grey Worm getting some even though he may be castrated.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Laser - 06-04-2014

Oberyn was trying for more than revenge against the Mountain. He wanted the Mountain to confess that he had killed his sister AND that the Lannisters (Tywin) had ordered the baby killings. If he had just taken care of business and killed the Mountain quickly, he would not have had any evidence to go after the Lannisters.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Glider - 06-04-2014

Did not like the littlefinger part in that episode in the book he always had his power in his owm hands and was very cunning. In this episode he did not have his future in his own hands but had to rely on a third party. He is smarter than that.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Vicious - 06-04-2014

Glider is absolutely correct. The dumbing down of LF and Stannis in the TV series is ill conceived and probably the biggest changes from the book. Likely because they need to be made more black/white for a TV audience.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - runsonmagic - 06-04-2014

Quote: (06-02-2014 12:05 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

[Image: c0wifcmek4kn7ou4gl7x.gif]

I approve of Goth Sansa

WIA

The girls I was watching with said mid-episode she would do a threesome with Sansa if she wore the outfit.

Gothy redheads? WB x10.

Interesting episode too. Sansa grew up in a lot of ways in this one - went from victim child to adult manipulator. I'm sad to see Oberyn go, and curious what happens to the imp. Also, captain friendzone got called out. Thanks god we won't have to see his pathetic behavior any more an everyone in dragon land can start getting laid.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - JJ Roberts - 06-04-2014

The mountain deadlifts almost 1,000 lbs

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/watch...in-3644061

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Vicious - 06-04-2014

Alfie Allen who plays Theon now contradicts his sister's (Lily Allen) story that she was offered a part on GoT.

Looks like she was attention whoring to get some publicity.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/game-...es-3640368

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Ensam - 06-04-2014

Ha hadn't realize that was her brother. Shocking that there's any animosity between the two of them...

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - JJ Roberts - 06-07-2014

Did Joffrey die a virgin?

He didnt seem interested in hookers except for target practice. Never consummated his marriage.

Anyone who read the books care to comment?

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - HonantheBarbarian - 06-07-2014

In what way was the red wedding scene toned down from the books?

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - spook - 06-07-2014

Quote: (06-07-2014 08:30 PM)AfgScarface Wrote:  

In what way was the red wedding scene toned down from the books?

If anything it was more brutal on the show...Robb's girl wasn't there in the books, so there was no medieval abortion performed to kickstart the festivities. They've butchered a couple things from the books, but I think they killed it with the Red Wedding. Anything related to the Greyjoys, on the other hand...

Quote: (06-07-2014 07:13 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

Did Joffrey die a virgin?

He didnt seem interested in hookers except for target practice. Never consummated his marriage.

Anyone who read the books care to comment?

All signs point to yes, but in the books he's only like 13, I think...most of the characters are aged up on the show (for obvious reasons). I think Jon Snow and Daenerys are 14 when the books start. It goes a little way in explaining the straight up moronic shit some of the characters pull.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - RawGod - 06-07-2014

Non-spoiler alert: I don't know if Tyrion gets killed this season or not, and don't want to know.

But it looks to me like they have been downplaying his character this season, despite him talking about beetles with Jaime or whatever. He's so boring now that I really don't care if he gets executed, and I wonder if that's intentional.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Vicious - 06-08-2014

RawGod, just watch the last two eps of the season... that's all I'll say.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Yatagan - 06-08-2014

Lena and Pedro foreshadowed last week's ep in a magazine piece they did.

[Image: 2peux_Me.png]

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Kien - 06-08-2014

The way the mountain got his fingers all inside of Oberyn was absolutely stunning. I honestly did not expect that coming, this show never ever ever ever! seems to not surprise me.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - funkyzeit - 06-09-2014

The amount of luck and opportunities they throw at Daenerys is mind blowing. So much pampering stands out from other characters who get killed, mauled and cheated regularly. Give her alpha husbands, give her dragons, give her attention from richest people, give her army, give her magic powers, give her everything just because she's a young slim blonde who's unable to speak coherently until mid third season.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Pacesetter20 - 06-09-2014

Quote: (06-09-2014 06:19 AM)funkyzeit Wrote:  

The amount of luck and opportunities they throw at Daenerys is mind blowing. So much pampering stands out from other characters who get killed, mauled and cheated regularly. Give her alpha husbands, give her dragons, give her attention from richest people, give her army, give her magic powers, give her everything just because she's a young slim blonde who's unable to speak coherently until mid third season.

She is probably the person I most want to see die a horrible, painful death (aside from cersi), however doing so would close that entire thread of the show/book so it probably wont happen.

She is the bratty sister/cousin that would talk mad shit and start fights, whatever, then immediately run and hide behind mom and dad and claim that you were hurting her when you punked her on her weak shit that she brought.

I am glad to see jorah go, his scenes were painful to watch.

Games Of Thrones : Season 4 - Slim Shady - 06-09-2014

Don't worry, Jorah is coming back. Like bitches to studs, they always come back.