rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Games Of Thrones : Season 4

14 min preview

http://digg.com/video/heres-an-extended-...s-season-4

Can't wait for this to start. Maybe the best TV show ever made.

Thoughts?

Agreed. This and Rome are my two favourite series.

The Red Wedding episode ... won't forget that in a hurry.

Heard it was toned down from the book!

Quote: (02-10-2014 04:33 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

the best TV show ever made.

Thoughts?

[Image: agree.gif]

The best show ever.

Just finished reading the books. I don't usually read fiction, but I read all 5 in a row over the last few months. It was like the end of an era when I finished the last one. Worst thing is, it's nowhere near a resolution.

I've only seen the first season of the show, but I was surprised just how faithful it was to the book, even down to the dialogue. It might be worth it for fans of the TV show to read the books, and it might be worth it for fans of the book to watch the show while we wait for book 6 to come out.

It's between this and Sons Of Anarchy for me.

"What's the difference between us.
We can start at the penis.
Or scream I just don't give a fuck and see who really means it."
- Marshall Bruce Mathers III

The plot gets so much more intricate after each book. I don't know how they're going to keep all the new characters in check, and on a budget, in seasons 5,6 etc. I guess they will have to keep departing from the books a bunch. Season 4 should be much better than season 3. "Red Wedding" is overrated in my opinion. I saw it coming a mile away in the books. "Surprise reveals" don't amuse me too much, I care more about the entire writing process, and other intricacies. Hopefully we get to see Dany for who she really is soon...a spoilt little child in way over her head. If she ends up winning any power at all it is going to be with the help of
---
SPOILERS

4 intelligent men: Tyrion, Barristan, Victaryon, and Jorah
---

And she will maybe fuck that up too, and become the main villian of the series. Wait and watch. GRRM is a very Red Pill author.

You don't get there till you get there

Quote: (02-10-2014 06:12 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

GRRM is a very Red Pill author.

Not so sure about that.

[Image: Vwhtesq.jpg]

Nonetheless he is talented and has had a lot of luck with success toward the end of his life.

Quote: (02-10-2014 06:48 PM)Eirykr Wrote:  

Quote: (02-10-2014 06:12 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

GRRM is a very Red Pill author.

Not so sure about that.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Vwhtesq.jpg[img]

Nonetheless he is talented and has had a lot of luck with success toward the end of his life.

He knows what's up, he's basically calling the girl out right there. You couldn't write that hilarious Jorah stuff without knowing at least some of the truth.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-9493-1370762348-9.gif]

Yeah, he does know what's up if you read all the books. I have a huge problem with the TV portrayal of Jorah. In the books he's a classic beta, and also not as attractive as Iain Glen [no homo]. He's a hairy bear man, but not an alpha hairy bear, as you can see from the fact that he gave up his wealth and lands for a slutty wife who fucked him over, and now is doing the same for Dany. He pretty much gives up his one chance of returning to westeros by stopping the assassination attempt against her that he engineered initially. GRRM portrays an excellent spoiled feminist type cunty princess in Dany, who fucks the bad boys [drogo, daario, etc] and leeches off Sir Friendzone. I go on the Westeros.com forums because I am a huge fan of these books, but the people on those boards are classic blue pill nerds who are all sad at Dany's behavior, yet support the hell out of her. The portrayal of her on TV is not how it was written. They have diluted the characters to appeal to the mainstream audience.

Still Season 4 will have a LOT of good moments. Can't wait. More importantly can't wait for the 6th book.

Quote: (02-10-2014 04:45 PM)Scuba_Instructor Wrote:  

Agreed. This and Rome are my two favourite series.

The Red Wedding episode ... won't forget that in a hurry.

Heard it was toned down from the book!

Loved Rome. Wouldn't put GoT in the same category as Breaking Bad or Dexter, but still I love it.

The bottle blond's tits tilt down; nipples aim down, and are far apart. I want nipples that are perky and optimistic.

My problem with the show is that it is too addictive.
I cant start watching it when it comes out. I have to wait until they are all released so I can binge watch them all over a weekend.

So it's an extra 10 week wait for me :-(

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Quote: (02-11-2014 05:20 AM)spalex Wrote:  

My problem with the show is that it is too addictive.
I cant start watching it when it comes out. I have to wait until they are all released so I can binge watch them all over a weekend.

So it's an extra 10 week wait for me :-(

You sound kind of woman-like here.

Quote: (02-10-2014 08:24 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

Yeah, he does know what's up if you read all the books. I have a huge problem with the TV portrayal of Jorah. In the books he's a classic beta, and also not as attractive as Iain Glen [no homo]. He's a hairy bear man, but not an alpha hairy bear, as you can see from the fact that he gave up his wealth and lands for a slutty wife who fucked him over, and now is doing the same for Dany. He pretty much gives up his one chance of returning to westeros by stopping the assassination attempt against her that he engineered initially. GRRM portrays an excellent spoiled feminist type cunty princess in Dany, who fucks the bad boys [drogo, daario, etc] and leeches off Sir Friendzone. I go on the Westeros.com forums because I am a huge fan of these books, but the people on those boards are classic blue pill nerds who are all sad at Dany's behavior, yet support the hell out of her. The portrayal of her on TV is not how it was written. They have diluted the characters to appeal to the mainstream audience.

Still Season 4 will have a LOT of good moments. Can't wait. More importantly can't wait for the 6th book.

I don't support her(especially in book 5), I just like seeing her tits flop around. She has essentially been an orphan her entire life and bullied by her brother. but she has some dragons!

6th book is going to come out in 2017 apparently? and the last book will be out, idk, like 2025 if they keep to this schedule. my real concern is that GRRM will die before the final story is told.

Winds of Winter finally has a tentative release date...for late 2014!...but probably early 2015. So hold on.

Am I really the only person here who's on Team Arya?

[Image: tumblr_mta951YMYr1qb0u5go9_500.jpg]

Spoiler Alert

In the show she's always getting her sword knocked out of her hands, but in the books she's much more impressive, setting up an uprising of captured northerners at Harrenhal, and herself murders her way out of the castle. She wargs and starts killing Hoat's men who have been chasing her after her escape. Later, in a barfight with her, The Hound, The Tickler and his men, she kills The Tickler and his squire while saving The Hound's life, only to leave him to die an ignominious death from an infection instead of putting him out of his misery. She goes on to Braavos and gets ninja training while learning half a dozen languages simultaneously. It's one thing to stab somebody in fight, or sic a dragon on them. It's another entirely to kill someone without that person ever knowing they were your target. By the end of book five of the dozen or so people on her murder/prayer list, half are dead. Meanwhile her direwolf, Nymeria, has amassed an army of wolves hundreds strong capable of interrupting troop movements in the Riverlands.

"All men must die." And Arya Stark will kill them.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Gets me every time

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

For sure one of the best shows I have seen. I started that 14 min pre-view OP posted but I had to ask before I continue, are there any spoliers? I have not read the books and dont want to catch anything important before the season starts.

A teeny bit of spoilers, but maybe that's just because I know what to look for.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Quote: (02-11-2014 06:35 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

Quote: (02-10-2014 08:24 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

I don't support her(especially in book 5), I just like seeing her tits flop around. She has essentially been an orphan her entire life and bullied by her brother. but she has some dragons!

6th book is going to come out in 2017 apparently? and the last book will be out, idk, like 2025 if they keep to this schedule. my real concern is that GRRM will die before the final story is told.

Exactly,thee thing to remember about Dany is that she's a teenage girl with no reasonable adults around to look out for her or control her ridiculous behavior. She does what all teenage girls want to do: fuck bad boys and throw temper tantrums.

Arya Stark is a bad ass. Of course, she had the real deal father figure in Ned.

I am curious for the last two books, but I also wonder if I'll be disappointed. It's hard to imagine an ending that would make me feel like any sort of justice had been done. It's basically a world spinning out of control and, at this point, you just sort of wonder where the pieces are going to land when it breaks apart.

Which Stark is going to die in this season?

Been reading the books as well as watching the show and it's awesome but I hate the fact that they cut out so much stuff from the books in the series.

New trailer

http://digg.com/video/theres-another-new...es-trailer