Roosh V Forum
Brodiaga in Indonesia - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Brodiaga in Indonesia (/thread-30314.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Brodiaga in Indonesia - ryansoldat - 05-22-2014

Part 1 :

@Mumbojumbo

Great story coz i know what u mean [Image: wink.gif]

For my part :

I spent 4 days in Jakarta then 6 days in Bali then 4 days in Yogyakarta plus 3 last days in Jakarta.

I only regret Bali ... I will never go back there. For sure. But still was a cool experience to live ONE TIME in my life.

My Jakarta experience :

I almost got girl only from Tinder and it was super easy (they called us BULLES no idea why tho..)

It's funny about indo girl coz i always asked the question "why do you like white guys ?" Same answer from thailand : I have local guy they are rude.... I guess they just wanna have fun with a foreigner !

Jakarta is a very crowded place but not the best city to live for a long term. I think just for few days on vacation is enought... Trafic getting better around 9pm so for go out on party it s ok.

Oh about Party in X2 get sure u get a shirt and a jean coz they will refuse u to enter inside (my friend had just a T shirt and they didn t let him go in... shit (fortunately my girl had a car so we went to my place).

I didn t bring anytime my passport with me (didn t want to loose it).

@Mumbojumbo :

Wechat is shit i agree with u. Quality of the girl is so so....

Okcupid is ok i did get two girl from there.

Tinder is my best fishcamp place. One of my girl saw my phone with tons of "match" and she laught about it .... I do not have the same match in Paris ... Hmmm

Day game is pretty easy and you can get some girl in mall very easily ... Next time Brod i will try it .. I knew i will regret it i do know coz tinder is so easy that i was lazy to try haha.

Exodus club is nice place but it wasn t crowded when i went with Dodol (from the forum).

Make sure in your appartment/pool you get a pool coz you will get fucking bored after banged 3 or 4 times in a day.

Some tips :

I almost ate near my place in Thamrin city and in Grand Indo mall (like 1000 choice of restaurant between 35 000 to .......

You can still go to theater in mall or XXI cinema (they have 4DHX theather pretty cool experience).

Airport to downtown is between 100 000 to 150 000ru (depend of the trafic).

Never forget that you have to pay airport tax to every flight .... between 70 000 to 150 000ru for international airport.

First arrival have to pay 25$ visa (don't loose your departure foreign card too).

Yogyakarta is reachable by train 6 to 8 hours depend if you take first or second class.

Hotel and Appartement in Jakarta are pretty expensive. But if you want affordable price you well get an horrible place far away from downtown... That's the tricky part.

For jakarta i spent 40e each nice and bali 20e for yog it was 35e (airbnb isn t so good over there..) average travel room price was 36 euros (about 43$).

I flew all the time with air asia and flight ticket for bali was 35e for yog 18e and for jakarta 17e (with a 15kg bagage).

Bali :

It wasn t so crowded at this time of the year but everybody told me if you are going there in july or august it will be crazy and full of aussie.

I did book an airbnb appartment there in Kuta and rent a motorbike for 50 000ru a day (less than 3e a day).

They were very nice and room was clean and big enought.

Road are quite dangerous and be careful in night time ....

Sky garden is one the biggest night club there and full of drunk aussie.

Didn t find so many attractive Indo girl there.

I also went to semyniak but my budget didn t really fit with those place haha. But it s a nice area...

I think bali is couple place to chill out and have a relax time (outside of kuta of course).

I didn t feell any insecurity out there. But local people told me to be careful of police, constructor worker who come from all around indo and they are kinda hungry of white or indo girl....

Brb i'm at work now.... story continue in Part 2.

PS : Please find in attachment some update data about bali (restaurant, place and advice...)

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Afarang - 05-22-2014

Just landed in Bali,

[Image: 14056684690_9304a80153_z.jpg]

[Image: 14239980951_1e5f340be6_z.jpg]

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Steve9 - 05-22-2014

Quote: (05-21-2014 09:39 PM)Espresso Wrote:  

How easy/difficult is it to stay for longer than 60 days? Would it be as easy as doing a border run somewhere and coming straight back?

Visa runs are quite common and cheap. Just book a return flight to Singapore on AirAsia which can cost less than US$100. If you fly out in the morning, and you can be back in Indo that evening. Some people do this 4-5 times per year.

The fine for overstaying your visa is 200,000Rp. per day ($US17 at current exchange rates)

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Afarang - 05-22-2014

how much is "street" food usually? I#m guessing around 15k? paying about 25/30k per meal at the moment, but i am dining in an okay place with nice seating and stuff.

ps so I should make my own thread or is it okay to keep posting here? ill be posting alot of pics and stuff, not sure if I will dilute this thread or not

Quote: (05-22-2014 07:39 AM)Afarang Wrote:  

how much is "street" food usually? I#m guessing around 15k? paying about 25/30k per meal at the moment, but i am dining in an okay place with nice seating and stuff.

Traditional Indo standards like nasi or mie goreng can be found in the 10-20K range.

Most restaurants would be around 20-50K per meal. Western dishes are closer to the 50K end.

Quote: (05-22-2014 12:08 AM)berserk Wrote:  

What is the pro and semi-pro to civilian ratio in Indonesia, online and in nightclubs?

Highly variable depending on location. In smaller places like Ubud you would be hard-pressed to meet a pro all week.

In some Jakarta nightclubs over 95% of the girls there are pros.

But in nightclubs recommended here, like X2 and Dragonfly, I would say less than 20% of the girls are pros.

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Vacancier Permanent - 05-22-2014

Afarang,
How long will you be in Bali/Indonesia?
If you're stating for more than a week, start your own thread, if not, post it here.
Looking forward to reading your stories!

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Afarang - 05-25-2014

made my own thread now. Best bars near Sanur?

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Kangaroo - 05-29-2014

Just booked my flights to Jakarta, pumped for this trip, been eating clean and training mean past 6 weeks so im looking and feeling good.

Which clubs do you recommend wearing a shirt, X2 and Dragon fly I'm assuming?

Where to go out on sun, mon, tues, thurs? Main option Kemang area and hope for the best?

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Brodiaga - 05-29-2014

Quote: (05-29-2014 08:22 PM)Kangaroo Wrote:  

Just booked my flights to Jakarta, pumped for this trip, been eating clean and training mean past 6 weeks so im looking and feeling good.

Which clubs do you recommend wearing a shirt, X2 and Dragon fly I'm assuming?

Where to go out on sun, mon, tues, thurs? Main option Kemang area and hope for the best?

Yes, you want to wear a nice shirt to clubs. Dragonfly is more upscale, but it helps to dress nice at X2 too.

Kemang is probably your best bet on Sun, Mon, Tues and Thurs.

I would also try to find some local intel about clubs and parties and get off the beaten path. Jakarta Beat Magazine is a good place to look, but you can also ask some club sluts, like girls who post pictures from clubs on their dating profiles.

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Espresso - 05-29-2014

Brodiaga

Bearing in mind temperature/humidity: what do people generally wear when they are out in Jakarta...a dress shirt? I know it's hot but can you get away with wearing some sort of summer jacket or blazer to give you more options with your look?

I'm updating my wardrobe right now, so wondering if I should get and bring some sort of summer jacket/blazer for when I go to SEA in several months time.

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Afarang - 05-30-2014

Never wear a blazer in SEA, well IMO anyway, too hot.

Kangeroo brah, when will you be in JKT? I will be there this Monday I think.

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Kangaroo - 05-30-2014

Will get there on the 12th, you going to still be around?

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Afarang - 05-30-2014

hmm yes most likely, may do a few days outside somehwere, but my flight leaves to BKK on the 17th from JKT.

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Steve9 - 05-30-2014

Quote: (05-29-2014 10:44 PM)Espresso Wrote:  

I know it's hot but can you get away with wearing some sort of summer jacket or blazer to give you more options with your look?

I'm updating my wardrobe right now, so wondering if I should get and bring some sort of summer jacket/blazer for when I go to SEA in several months time.

Definitely take a summer jacket/blazer. All the decent malls, clubs and taxi's are air-conditioned. Most people don't really spend much outside in Jakarta...it is a concrete jungle...there is not much fun street life like Bangkok.

In clubs like Dragonfly many of the Indonesian men will be very fashionably dressed including blazers, etc. X2 has a younger crowd, and tends to lean a bit more casual.

One point that hasn't really been mentioned in this thread is that some of the girls you meet will be from other SEA countries like Malaysia, and they hit up Jakarta with friends for long weekends to party and shop.

Brodiaga in Indonesia - 192 - 05-30-2014

Anyone in Jakarta between 7th and 12th June? Staying in SCBD and keen to hit up some clubs, cheers.

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Kabal - 05-30-2014

Quote: (05-22-2014 03:51 AM)ryansoldat Wrote:  

I almost got girl only from Tinder and it was super easy (they called us BULLES no idea why tho..)

"Bule" is the common Indonesian word for 'foreigner,' particularly whites.

The double "ll" made it sound Spanish in my mind, pero esta bien; me lo gusta.

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Afarang - 05-31-2014

Quote: (05-30-2014 04:51 PM)192 Wrote:  

Anyone in Jakarta between 7th and 12th June? Staying in SCBD and keen to hit up some clubs, cheers.
I should be, I think ill be in Kermang, not to sure tho.

Brodiaga in Indonesia - ryansoldat - 06-03-2014

Here some of the picture i took with my N5 over there Bali, Bali Eco tour, Clubs, and Yog

Pic 1 : Sky Garden Dance - Nobody in this disco room ... Everybody was dancing outside (it s too hot without aircon !!)
Pic 2 : Bali eco tour guide (he was awesome and i recommand u to do it and be very safe coz it s kinda dangerous on the road)
Pic 3 : Plane view of Yog
Pic 4 : Exodus Disco in Jakarta (thanks to Dodol) Disco are all in Parking lot (strange)
Pic 5 : Batik (if you are into art i really recommand you to go there but i heard there is some mafia who runs it and always negociate price !!)
Pic 6 : Some random food street place
Pic 7 : Malioboro street (it's like champs élysée in Yog)
Pic 8 : Nice sunset view of Bali in Seminyak beach [Image: smile.gif]

Part 2

Pic 1 : Bali Seminyak Beach
Pic 2 : Sky Garden Aussie Chicks table dancing
Pic 3 : Volcano Breakfast view with Bali Eco Tour

Part 3 :

Pic 1 & 2 : Lost drunk battle
Pic 3 & 4 : Local food in Bali (miam)
Pic 5 : Previous story with the Ingineer girl i didn t go with (i told her to take her own cab)
Pic 6 : Some friend of my girl i met (+ one i did flag [Image: smile.gif] )
Pic 7 : Sunset beer in Bali (Local beer powah)
Pic 8 : X2 disco near Thamrin city

part 4 :

Pic 1 & 2 : Jakarta view from my building + Pool view from my airbnb condo (if u want more detail about my condo in Jakarta lemme know)
Pic 3 : Plate food in jakarta's place of my friend
Pic 4 : X2 view

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Biologist - 06-03-2014

Great photos ryansoldat!

Out of curiosity, how did you find the nightlife in Jakarta?

Nightlife is quite good i did try bars and clubs.

I went to club in a friday night and thursday night.

They were not super crowded i think, drink were kinda expensive (well still cheaper than France of course but for local it s quite expensive).

I was surprise to see Working girl (i thaught in Indonesia is wasn t so popular).

In Exodus i also see 4 russian working girl with a bottle of vodka alone and waiting some indo or bules guy ask her to join).

It's funny sometimes to watch what people do in Asian disco. It's like a movie and easy to see what's going on.

I aslo saw a black guy with 6 indo girl paying 3 X 2 champaign bottle. Maybe he won to the lottery or something close to haha. But pretty sure those girl were hooker.

Plus it was like thai style in RCA. They came by groupe take a bottle and dance around the table. I didn t try to join their table group since i was with someone each time (i was kinda lazy to find a girl in disco so i did dig on tinder for regular girl to go with).

I always had a B plan i case of the tinder girl wasn t so cool so .... But i think X2 is the best place to be. Central easy to go. Taxi doesn t rip you off and trafic is perfect in night time.

After it depends what are you looking for ? If you are coming with friend or by yourself ? In X2 it was full of expat / tourist.

Brodiaga in Indonesia - Biologist - 06-03-2014

Quote: (06-03-2014 08:04 AM)ryansoldat Wrote:  

Nightlife is quite good i did try bars and clubs.

I went to club in a friday night and thursday night.

They were not super crowded i think, drink were kinda expensive (well still cheaper than France of course but for local it s quite expensive).

I was surprise to see Working girl (i thaught in Indonesia is wasn t so popular).

In Exodus i also see 4 russian working girl with a bottle of vodka alone and waiting some indo or bules guy ask her to join).

It's funny sometimes to watch what people do in Asian disco. It's like a movie and easy to see what's going on.

I aslo saw a black guy with 6 indo girl paying 3 X 2 champaign bottle. Maybe he won to the lottery or something close to haha. But pretty sure those girl were hooker.

Plus it was like thai style in RCA. They came by groupe take a bottle and dance around the table. I didn t try to join their table group since i was with someone each time (i was kinda lazy to find a girl in disco so i did dig on tinder for regular girl to go with).

I always had a B plan i case of the tinder girl wasn t so cool so .... But i think X2 is the best place to be. Central easy to go. Taxi doesn t rip you off and trafic is perfect in night time.

After it depends what are you looking for ? If you are coming with friend or by yourself ? In X2 it was full of expat / tourist.

Thanks heaps for the insight ryansoldat! Very interesting!

I'll probably be going to Europe at the end of the year, and I am thinking of stopping at Jakarta for a couple of weeks on the way there. I'll be travelling by myself.

I want to avoid Bali because if I wanted to see beaches and drunken Aussies, I can see that 5 minutes away. [Image: tongue.gif]

Do the nightclubs in Jakarta have dancefloors or are they mostly table service based? I really hate places that are heavily bottle-service based.

Sounds like there are a lot of prostitutes in the clubs there - I'm not surprised about that.

So, I guess the best app to use in Jakarta would be Tinder? Are there any other apps or dating sites you could recommend?

Also, I've heard that the traffic there is probably the worst in the world, haha.