Roosh V Forum
Major League Baseball Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Major League Baseball Thread (/thread-25081.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Major League Baseball Thread - Bear Hands - 10-07-2016

We could also get a shitlord world series: Nationals vs. Indians.

Major League Baseball Thread - MdWanderer - 10-07-2016

Quote: (10-06-2016 11:58 PM)doc holliday Wrote:  

I think we could get the Feminist SJW World Series this year between the Giants and Blue Jays.

The Toronto fans were also yelling racial slurs during the game while security sat on their hands. I bet those fans would've been thrown out if they all said to the girls sitting next to them "nice dress" though:

Forget the beer can, why weren't the Jays fans yelling racial slurs kicked out?

Quote:Quote:

Baseball fans are calling for the Blue Jays to do more after some spectators were heard shouting racial slurs at Tuesday's wild-card game in Toronto against the Baltimore Orioles.

CBC sports reporter Scott Regehr was among those who heard comments, which were directed at Orioles players and coaching staff.

Regehr said he heard spectators taunting first-base coach Wayne Kirby, who is African-American, yelling that he should "go get some more fried chicken."

"Ushers witnessed this. Security witnessed this. They didn't do anything, and let them stay in their seats," said Regehr.

Major League Baseball Thread - doc holliday - 10-07-2016

Quote: (10-07-2016 08:37 AM)MdWanderer Wrote:  

Quote: (10-06-2016 11:58 PM)doc holliday Wrote:  

I think we could get the Feminist SJW World Series this year between the Giants and Blue Jays.

The Toronto fans were also yelling racial slurs during the game while security sat on their hands. I bet those fans would've been thrown out if they all said to the girls sitting next to them "nice dress" though:

Forget the beer can, why weren't the Jays fans yelling racial slurs kicked out?

Baseball fans are calling for the Blue Jays to do more after some spectators were heard shouting racial slurs at Tuesday's wild-card game in Toronto against the Baltimore Orioles.

CBC sports reporter Scott Regehr was among those who heard comments, which were directed at Orioles players and coaching staff.

Regehr said he heard spectators taunting first-base coach Wayne Kirby, who is African-American, yelling that he should "go get some more fried chicken."

"Ushers witnessed this. Security witnessed this. They didn't do anything, and let them stay in their seats," said Regehr.

Uggh, as much as I love the Jays, their fans have become as obnoxious as hell. That shit last year when they threw all sorts of crap on the field, the beer can and this, if its true, is truly embarrassing. Just wait until another call goes against the Jays and everyone up there will be screaming about how its a conspiracy against Canada. Terrible.

Major League Baseball Thread - MajorStyles - 10-07-2016

I think baseball will be next on the SJW radar. More people have been watching baseball again since the SJWs decided to destroy football (BCA awareness, domestic violence commercials, National Anthem protesting), as well as basketball (Lean-in Campaign). I expect a national story about a transgendered minor league pitcher who was unfairly released from his team, and a subsequent book tour with Caitlyn Jenner.

They won’t be able to rest until every three-hour block of sports entertainment is destroyed. The Romans masses had bread and circus, but we’re only allowed to have bread.

That being said, last night’s game between Cleveland and Boston was excellent. Down to the wire with lots of drama. Let’s enjoy it while we can.

Major League Baseball Thread - MdWanderer - 10-08-2016

Quote: (10-07-2016 02:25 PM)doc holliday Wrote:  

Uggh, as much as I love the Jays, their fans have become as obnoxious as hell. That shit last year when they threw all sorts of crap on the field, the beer can and this, if its true, is truly embarrassing. Just wait until another call goes against the Jays and everyone up there will be screaming about how its a conspiracy against Canada. Terrible.

I've been hearing that a lot as well. I had a buddy who lives in Seattle go to a Mariners-Blue Jays game and he said Blue Jays fans were acting like dicks and starting fights. They have a fanbase in Vancouver that travels south to Seattle and I think what a lot of it is is that since it's MLB's only Canadian team, Canadians see it more as a Canada vs. U.S thing and take it more personally than you average American fan does. They hate us more than we hate them.

Quote: (10-07-2016 02:36 PM)MajorStyles Wrote:  

I think baseball will be next on the SJW radar. More people have been watching baseball again since the SJWs decided to destroy football (BCA awareness, domestic violence commercials, National Anthem protesting), as well as basketball (Lean-in Campaign). I expect a national story about a transgendered minor league pitcher who was unfairly released from his team, and a subsequent book tour with Caitlyn Jenner.

They won’t be able to rest until every three-hour block of sports entertainment is destroyed. The Romans masses had bread and circus, but we’re only allowed to have bread.

True. I even heard that the NFL is establishing an Affirmative Action program to have more female coaches on their teams. Plus there was the big hoopla about Michael Sam. I've noticed the NHL getting more popular as well, but in time as its popularity grows the SJW culture will reach its tentacles there too.

But without getting too much off topic, I see that the Nats lost tonight and people in D.C are already handing the series to L.A. They've seen this movie one too many times. It's sad too, I think D.C can be a great baseball town if the Nats start winning championships. They got one of the more modern stadiums in baseball, marketable players, a winning team, and a rapidly developing fanbase.

Major League Baseball Thread - NilNisiOptimum - 10-08-2016

Us DC fans are a pessimistic bunch. It's been 18 years since the Caps played in the Stanley Cup Finals, and since then no DC team had made the conference/league finals. That's especially painful when you consider the Caps had the best record in the league twice and the Nats once.

I expect Nats/Dodgers to go five. My heart says the Nats will pull it off, but my head says it's going to be a coin flip in game 5.

Major League Baseball Thread - younggun - 10-10-2016

Trump pulls off a YUUGE win in the debate, flip the channel and the Blue Jays walk off to move on to the ALCS. I haven't been that thrilled in a long time

Major League Baseball Thread - Justinian - 10-10-2016

Epic choke by poor little Oder, looks like he got scared by Edwin bearing down on him at 2nd even though the runner isn't allowed to do anything. Luckily for Oder there is baseball... otherwise he would be a filth-covered shit rat urchin fighting for garbage food scraps in a steaming landfall site on the outskirts of Caracas, with a number of homicides under his belt already and hungry to do more.

Major League Baseball Thread - dark_g - 10-10-2016

Quote: (10-10-2016 03:22 PM)Justinian Wrote:  

Epic choke by poor little Oder, looks like he got scared by Edwin bearing down on him at 2nd even though the runner isn't allowed to do anything. Luckily for Oder there is baseball... otherwise he would be a filth-covered shit rat urchin fighting for garbage food scraps in a steaming landfall site on the outskirts of Caracas, with a number of homicides under his belt already and hungry to do more.

ESPN said it best this morning.

Odor got the punch. The BlueJays get the knockout!!

Major League Baseball Thread - Justinian - 10-10-2016

I have my doubts about the Cubs and I'm looking forward to seeing them tested by Cleveland Boston or Toronto in the WS.

I haven't seen much NL play this season but it just seems to me that there is a massive imbalance in the quality of teams between the two leagues this year especially offensively. So in the NL you have good teams in the Cubs and Nats and you can be generous and throw in the Cards and Dodgers and Giants (did this team really make the post-season?) to really stretch it then it drops off really badly into mediocrity. Does this compare to teams like Boston, Baltimore, Toronto, and Texas that have 7-9 serious offensive threats in their lineups everyday? Then bring in Cleveland, Houston, Seattle, K.C. and Detroit? The Rays, hapless in the AL, would have been a solid middle of the pack team in the NL this year.

The Cubs piled up 103 wins feasting on a schedule full of weak teams this year. Boston got 93 wins playing top-flight teams almost everyday.

I know... good pitching like the Cubs have can neutralize a line up full of studs and their acquisition of Chapman was massive but I don't think they've been battle-tested like the AL teams have been this year and I remain sceptical of them, so we will soon find out.

Major League Baseball Thread - Chunnel - 10-10-2016

Quote: (10-07-2016 02:36 PM)MajorStyles Wrote:  

That being said, last night’s game between Cleveland and Boston was excellent. Down to the wire with lots of drama. Let’s enjoy it while we can.

They are already trying. That goofball show on Fox "Pitch" seems like a SJW's wet dream. With that being said I don't think the SJWs can truly infiltrate baseball.

Most importantly, the season and average game is too long. With the average SJW millennial having the attention span of a goldfish, baseball and SJWism just don't mesh.

This year alone I can think of two examples with SJWs attempting to push through but largely failing.

1) Back in April, Blue Jays' manager John Gibbons made a remark about wearing dresses out on the field following a bogus umpire call that decided the game.

Lots of people got offended for about two days, and some bogus articles were written, but then everyone forgot about it.

2) Later in the summer Indy League team Sonoma Stompers signed two female players "an historical first for the game of baseball!" it was proclaimed (even though other women have played Indy ball before). Both women put up putrid stats, against the worst of the worst being paid to play baseball. Then again, everyone quickly forgot about the story.

There will always be little jabs like this throughout the year, but baseball's best defense is its marathon duration; and fortunately women and SJWs as a whole don't have the stamina to attach themselves to an issue for that long.

Major League Baseball Thread - NilNisiOptimum - 10-10-2016

I think the Nationals performance today makes for a good definition of "bigly".

Major League Baseball Thread - Chunnel - 10-10-2016

ALCS is set.... Toronto vs. Cleveland. Who you got?

This has got to be the battle of who's bullpen doesn't implode first. Toronto's has been incredibly sketchy. Grilli, Loup, Cecil, and Osuna in the 9th does not instill lots of confidence in me.

On the other side, Francona has been willing to run his two big guns Allen and Miller nearly 40 pitches an outing. That can work in a 3 game sweep, but in a series that goes 7 games? We'll have to wait and see.

Prediction, Indians in 6.

Major League Baseball Thread - They Call Me Mister Tony - 10-10-2016

Quote: (10-10-2016 09:12 PM)Chunnel Wrote:  

ALCS is set.... Toronto vs. Cleveland. Who you got?

This has got to be the battle of who's bullpen doesn't implode first. Toronto's has been incredibly sketchy. Grilli, Loup, Cecil, and Osuna in the 9th does not instill lots of confidence in me.

On the other side, Francona has been willing to run his two big guns Allen and Miller nearly 40 pitches an outing. That can work in a 3 game sweep, but in a series that goes 7 games? We'll have to wait and see.

Prediction, Indians in 6.

I got the Tribe in 7. (I'm a huge Tribe fan, but I got love for the Jays [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif])

This series will be very exciting. Encarnacion, Bautista and Donaldson, the big three, included with their good bullpen, versus the scrappy Lindor, Napoli, and Jose Ramirez. The Tribe have Andrew Miller, a great reliever, but Cody Allen is VERY heart-attack inducing.

Major League Baseball Thread - Bear Hands - 10-10-2016

I'm going to pick the team with a triggering shitlord name over the SJW capital of North America in 6. I'm basing the picks almost solely on that factor because I don't normally pay attention to AL baseball, though I like Cleveland's starting pitchers more than Toronto's.

Quote: (10-10-2016 07:45 PM)NilNisiOptimum Wrote:  

I think the Nationals performance today makes for a good definition of "bigly".

Most would have written off today as a loss for the Nationals based on Gio's spotty performance since 2013. The offense pulled through like a big league offense should. It wasn't just the Daniel Murphy Show. It wasn't even too reliant on Trea Turner. Hopefully the Nationals offense can repeat that kind of performance so the Dodgers can't just pitch around the few hot spots in the lineup. Also, I hope they're in Jansen's head now if the next game is close going into the 9th. It would be nice for someone else's close to mentally collapse in a decisive game for a change.

Major League Baseball Thread - Sean - 10-11-2016

Quote: (10-10-2016 09:43 PM)Bear Hands Wrote:  

though I like Cleveland's starting pitchers more than Toronto's.

Huh? Toronto had the best starter ERA in the AL playing against NY, BOS, BAL and Tampa 86 times combined. Boston outscored everybody by 100 runs, Baltimore led the majors in HR, and Tampa hit 200 HR, too. Sanchez won the AL ERA title, Happ won 20, Estrada was the hardest starter to hit (again) and Stroman leads the ML in groundball pct. I'll say it now: Toronto's rotation is the AL's best already heading into next year with Liriano as a 5. Throw in the fact that, if Travis is hurt, Barney, Tulo, Martin and Pillar is the best "up the middle" defense in baseball. Full stop.

Also, there isn't a pitcher's park in the AL East either.

Toronto in 6. Their starters make all the difference and the Toronto lineup is starting to heat up.

Major League Baseball Thread - Bear Hands - 10-11-2016

^^^
It's not a statistics-based argument and entirely based on seeing the pitchers in the in the division series games. The playoffs are very much a "right now" thing as opposed to the "average of the season" thing, especially after the first round. I like the "stuff" from Cleveland's pitching staff better right now.

Major League Baseball Thread - MajorStyles - 10-12-2016

I was at the Dodger game yesterday for my first ever playoff game. Fantastic energy, even though the Dodgers took it on the chin.

Good to see the Dodgers squeeze one out today for the split.

Major League Baseball Thread - NilNisiOptimum - 10-12-2016

The face of panic is that of a D.C. fan when their team is in a final game situation. Caps have an abysmal record in game 7s, and Nats fans still shudder at the thought of game 5 against the Cardinals 4 years ago.

Major League Baseball Thread - MdWanderer - 10-12-2016

Quote: (10-12-2016 09:01 AM)NilNisiOptimum Wrote:  

The face of panic is that of a D.C. fan when their team is in a final game situation. Caps have an abysmal record in game 7s, and Nats fans still shudder at the thought of game 5 against the Cardinals 4 years ago.

Yep, and the Nats can't even use the Kershaw excuse either for yesterday's game. They had them right where they wanted them after the 7th inning.

But we'll see Thursday night. It's the Nats' turn to put their ace on the mount (Scherzer). I think the Capitals have their season opener the same night.

Major League Baseball Thread - dark_g - 10-12-2016

Any of you guys play fantasy baseball and interested in a league made up of forum members?

Major League Baseball Thread - armenia4ever - 10-12-2016

How about my Cubs?

Years of pain... they are suddenly being washed away.

Major League Baseball Thread - dark_g - 10-12-2016

Quote: (10-12-2016 02:55 PM)armenia4ever Wrote:  

How about my Cubs?

Years of pain... they are suddenly being washed away.

Bite your tongue. Don't speak too fast. The Goat may still have a big shit left inside of him.

Major League Baseball Thread - kosko - 10-12-2016

Quote: (10-11-2016 03:27 AM)Sean Wrote:  

Huh? Toronto had the best starter ERA in the AL playing against NY, BOS, BAL and Tampa 86 times combined. Boston outscored everybody by 100 runs, Baltimore led the majors in HR, and Tampa hit 200 HR, too. Sanchez won the AL ERA title, Happ won 20, Estrada was the hardest starter to hit (again) and Stroman leads the ML in groundball pct. I'll say it now: Toronto's rotation is the AL's best already heading into next year with Liriano as a 5. Throw in the fact that, if Travis is hurt, Barney, Tulo, Martin and Pillar is the best "up the middle" defense in baseball. Full stop.

Toronto in 6. Their starters make all the difference and the Toronto lineup is starting to heat up.

Toronto's bullpen is trash though. Indians have a much better pen and can win simply off their relief arms.

This series is my nightmare because the Tribe are my childhood team. But. I am fond off the Jays and I pull for a Canadian team to go far as they can always.

Indians have broken my heart many times. ALCS means nothing for the Indians as they have fucked it up in the WS many, many, times. Plus they have much more upside than Toronto and could be back next year very easily.

Toronto is walking on tightrope with it's ancient senior aged roster. They have 1 or 2 years left to compete for a WS before they have to blow it up and infuse some youth.

So you could argue Toronto needs it more now. Today. In the present.

Major League Baseball Thread - Sean - 10-13-2016

Quote: (10-12-2016 08:30 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Quote: (10-11-2016 03:27 AM)Sean Wrote:  

Toronto's bullpen is trash though. Indians have a much better pen and can win simply off their relief arms.

This series is my nightmare because the Tribe are my childhood team. But. I am fond off the Jays and I pull for a Canadian team to go far as they can always.

Indians have broken my heart many times. ALCS means nothing for the Indians as they have fucked it up in the WS many, many, times. Plus they have much more upside than Toronto and could be back next year very easily.

Toronto is walking on tightrope with it's ancient senior aged roster. They have 1 or 2 years left to compete for a WS before they have to blow it up and infuse some youth.

So you could argue Toronto needs it more now. Today. In the present.

Oh, I totally agree about Toronto's bullpen. However, the OP said he'd take Cleveland's starters because feelings. As it stands now and heading into next year, Toronto's got the best rotation in the American League. When Liriano is your #5 heading into a season, you're pretty stacked. Hell, he started Opening Day the past two years for Pittsburgh, IIRC.

Also agree on the age of Toronto. That's why Martin was signed for 5 years: At the end of his deal, Toronto will either have been retooled or will be blown up. There is no real superstar talent in the minors for Toronto. Guys that project to play and start, sure. But Sanchey was the last one targeted for stardom after Thor got dealt.