Roosh V Forum
Major League Baseball Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Major League Baseball Thread (/thread-25081.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Major League Baseball Thread - Chunnel - 08-07-2017

Quote: (08-07-2017 11:08 AM)Vill@in Wrote:  

Quote: (08-04-2017 03:35 PM)Stirfry Wrote:  

I'm most surprised by the 'good-but-flawed' teams that should have been more aggressive, like Cleveland, the Royals,

I'm pretty happy with the moves we made. Most of KC seems to be happy. It is nice to have Melky back. Although I would have liked to traded for one more SP, but I can't complain. DM is going for it.

I am surprised Cleveland didn't do more. Glad, of course...but surprised.

It sucks that Perez had to go on the DL. Drew Butera as a starting option is less than ideal.

Major League Baseball Thread - Chunnel - 08-07-2017

Quote: (08-07-2017 11:51 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

I'm so sad the Astros did not get a pitcher. I'm so worried they will get to the World Series or even before it and get swept because of it. I'm not sure our bats will all be healthy by then.

Quote: (08-07-2017 12:06 PM)Diop Wrote:  

Quote: (08-07-2017 11:51 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

I'm so sad the Astros did not get a pitcher. I'm so worried they will get to the World Series or even before it and get swept because of it. I'm not sure our bats will all be healthy by then.

I feel the exact same way. Their pitching (both starters and relievers) since the trade deadline passed has added salt to the wound, as the numbers and results haven't been pretty.

Still, I just saw this rumor suggesting it may not be too late to get Verlander, which would be a big upgrade to the rotation. Even though he's not in his prime, he's got the tools and playoff experience to be a huge difference maker and I'm hoping they make this work as long as they don't have to give up too much to get him (and maybe get the Tigers to pay a portion of his remaining contract).

Its crazy how baseball can do a complete 180 in a matter of days. At the deadline the Astros were deadset on not dealing their top prospects (Fisher, Tucker, Whitley, etc.)

But now, jeez, its a completely different ballgame. Devenski struggling, Harris still on the DL, McCullers on the DL, and Feliz imploding. My guess is the FO would is drooling to have Britton, Brach, Hand, or Justin Wilson, even if it would cost them a Whitley or a Perez.

Lucky for them they can still probably slug their way to a pennant.

Major League Baseball Thread - Cr33pin - 08-12-2017

[Image: y3a4VK2.jpg]

Major League Baseball Thread - Kapanda - 08-13-2017

^^

That's not funny, guy.

Major League Baseball Thread - Cr33pin - 08-13-2017

Quote: (08-13-2017 12:49 AM)Kapanda Wrote:  

^^

That's not funny, guy.

Major League Baseball Thread - IveBeenFramed - 08-23-2017

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/900559556404588545][/url]

Major League Baseball Thread - Diop - 09-01-2017

Well, the Astros just went out and got Justin Verlander at the last possible minute before the (postseason) deadline. I'm really happy they did this, despite giving up three top prospects. The team has been struggling ever since Carlos Correa got injured and the starting pitching has been suspect since the All-Star break. The city itself also needed a morale boost in light of what's happened throughout the last week so I salute the front office for making this deal right in the nick of time.

At the very least, I feel as though this gives the 'Stros more of a fighting chance once the playoffs roll around. Boston/Cleveland are going to be SUPER tough as well as whoever takes the Wild Card slot, so this was a move worth making. My optimism has returned!

Major League Baseball Thread - Only One Man - 10-01-2017

So my Rockies made the playoffs for the first time since 2009. Rocktober is upon us once again. I forgot how much fun it is when your team is in the race the entire season.

The do or die wild card game in Phoenix against the Dbacks on Wednesday is gonna be a good one. Grienke vs Gray. Grienke has had a great season and may finish top 3 in the CY Young but the Rockies seem to have his number. Most of their lineup is hitting over .300 against him and it's not a small sample size. And Jon Gray has been pitching like the ace he was drafted to be ever since he came off the DL in late June.

Either way, it's gonna be an exciting game and I know the Dodgers aren't thrilled about having to face either team, as both of them won their season series against the Dodgers. And if I'm not mistaken, all four of Kershaw's losses this season have come against the Rockies and Dbacks.

Major League Baseball Thread - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 10-01-2017

I'm a Rockies fan too. I guess I didn't understand the wildcard rules. I just read the Rockies have been in playoff position every day the whole 2017 season. Let's hope this is the year!

Major League Baseball Thread - MasoMenos - 10-01-2017

Some really interesting playoffs this year - Cleveland and Houston look like superteams in the AL and no one knows what to make of the Dodgers in the NL. They won a million games then lost a million games. Obviously the Yankees will beat the Twins in the Wildcard game and their series against Cleveland will be fun to watch.

Not too much confidence in my Red Sox this year because they can't seem to hit with any consistency but anything can happen.

If I were to throw a guess out there, I think Washington may finally get to the WS against Cleveland.

I love playoff baseball! My favorite time of the year.

Major League Baseball Thread - samifon - 10-01-2017

Tragedy for the Brewers, but a good season overall.

Major League Baseball Thread - Chivas989 - 10-01-2017

Quote: (10-01-2017 05:27 AM)Only One Man Wrote:  

So my Rockies made the playoffs for the first time since 2009. Rocktober is upon us once again. I forgot how much fun it is when your team is in the race the entire season.

The do or die wild card game in Phoenix against the Dbacks on Wednesday is gonna be a good one. Grienke vs Gray. Grienke has had a great season and may finish top 3 in the CY Young but the Rockies seem to have his number. Most of their lineup is hitting over .300 against him and it's not a small sample size. And Jon Gray has been pitching like the ace he was drafted to be ever since he came off the DL in late June.

Either way, it's gonna be an exciting game and I know the Dodgers aren't thrilled about having to face either team, as both of them won their season series against the Dodgers. And if I'm not mistaken, all four of Kershaw's losses this season have come against the Rockies and Dbacks.

Reading reminds me how much I miss my Montreal Expos... :-(

Major League Baseball Thread - HermeticAlly - 10-01-2017

The Astros' pickup of Verlander turned out to be a very, very good call. They're playing well again. Fingers crossed.

Major League Baseball Thread - Chunnel - 10-01-2017

Quote: (10-01-2017 09:59 AM)MasoMenos Wrote:  

Some really interesting playoffs this year - Cleveland and Houston look like superteams in the AL and no one knows what to make of the Dodgers in the NL. They won a million games then lost a million games. Obviously the Yankees will beat the Twins in the Wildcard game and their series against Cleveland will be fun to watch.

Not too much confidence in my Red Sox this year because they can't seem to hit with any consistency but anything can happen.

If I were to throw a guess out there, I think Washington may finally get to the WS against Cleveland.

The last thing I would do is write off any team in a 1 game playoff format. Especially one that has scored the most runs and has the highest OPS in the AL since the All-Star break.

Major League Baseball Thread - DigitalNomad - 10-03-2017

Quote: (10-01-2017 09:18 PM)Chunnel Wrote:  

Quote: (10-01-2017 09:59 AM)MasoMenos Wrote:  

The last thing I would do is write off any team in a 1 game playoff format. Especially one that has scored the most runs and has the highest OPS in the AL since the All-Star break.
Preach! I'd hate a 5 or 7 game series against the Yanks, but one bad day by Severino and you never know what could happen.

Major League Baseball Thread - TravelerKai - 10-05-2017

That Boston vs Astros game was amazing. Altuve is a beast!!

Major League Baseball Thread - Diop - 10-05-2017

Quote: (10-05-2017 06:30 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

That Boston vs Astros game was amazing. Altuve is a beast!!

MVP! MVP! MVP!!

Major League Baseball Thread - MajorStyles - 10-05-2017

Altuve is a beast. I don't think I've seen a player that small be so good.

Major League Baseball Thread - Cortez - 10-05-2017

I dont care, but my Cubbies are going to repeat again just like the Red Sox did when they beat their curse.

Cubbie Blue!! Lets go Cubs!!!

Major League Baseball Thread - dark_g - 10-09-2017

Win or lose, Girardi is gone next year IMO. Who would be the best fit to develop this new, young Yankee team?

Major League Baseball Thread - TravelerKai - 10-09-2017

Goooooo Astrooooooooooooooooooooos!!!!

Happy Hour starts early today baby! Awoooooo!

Major League Baseball Thread - MdWanderer - 10-09-2017

Quote: (10-09-2017 04:22 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Damn those Astros. All of the Non-New England area Red Sox fans have to take their jerseys back to Champs Sports now...

Major League Baseball Thread - JayR - 10-09-2017

Quote: (10-09-2017 05:33 PM)MdWanderer Wrote:  

Quote: (10-09-2017 04:22 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Damn those Astros. All of the Non-New England area Red Sox fans have to take their jerseys back to Champs Sports now...

Been a Sox fan since '75, so I'm disappointed, but the Astros are clearly the superior team. I'll be curious to see how far they can go....

Major League Baseball Thread - Chunnel - 10-09-2017

Really like this Astros team. Scary 1 thru 9. Hinch really played it like an elimination game bringing in Verlander to bridge the gap to Giles.

So Keuchel to start game 1 of the alcs?

Major League Baseball Thread - HermeticAlly - 10-14-2017

Damn, these Astros games have been great. Verlander pitched an incredible game today, Correa and Altuve continue to show why they're awesome, and a bonus shout-out to Josh Reddick for two insane plays that shut down the Yankees.

Oh, also this.

[Image: 1024x1024.jpg]