Roosh V Forum
Anybody here own a firearm? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Anybody here own a firearm? (/thread-23927.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 10-08-2016

^ Good.

But... move out.

Gun's don't make a man. Self determination does.

Anybody here own a firearm? - cibo - 10-08-2016

I ended getting the sig p238 since it was also on sale for $520. Will know how it functions in 10 days.

Anybody here own a firearm? - ShotgunUppercuts - 10-09-2016

Anyone own a ruger sp101 357.?

Anybody here own a firearm? - vinman - 10-09-2016

Quote: (10-09-2016 09:31 AM)ShotgunUppercuts Wrote:  

Anyone own a ruger sp101 357.?

Not anymore. It's a robust and reliable gun, but it's also a boat anchor.

Would you recommend it for concealed carry?

Im looking for a revolver with a short barrel in 357. I had my eye on that gun for about a year or so now . I figured I better make a choice and pick a gun up before November .

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 10-10-2016

Assuming you're in the US then a small .357 is not a good way to go IMO.

Revolvers are the 5 to 6 shot version of a muzzle loader. Reloads are bulky to carry and/or slow to use. They have been utterly surpassed by automatics, no matter what the wheelgun aficionados will tell you.

This is advice from someone who loves revolvers and owns several. They are a relic.

Buy a compact semi auto, rated for high power ammo if you're keen on stopping power (.357 is great, but it's also huge). You will win on weight. You will win on conceal-ability. You will win on comfort. You will win on usability. You will win on holster options and lasers/lights/sights/extended mags and all other accssories. You will only lose a bit on power but considering that only hits count that might also be negated by a decent quality semi auto pistol.

Seriously. Revolvers are cool, but self defense is not a fashion contest.

Anybody here own a firearm? - ShotgunUppercuts - 10-10-2016

You have a good point there.
Guess I'll be looking for a semi auto and just buy a revolver for shits n giggles.

You got any you recommend ?

Anybody here own a firearm? - vinman - 10-10-2016

Quote: (10-09-2016 08:18 PM)ShotgunUppercuts Wrote:  

Im looking for a revolver with a short barrel in 357. I had my eye on that gun for about a year or so now . I figured I better make a choice and pick a gun up before November .

Revolvers stand out more than a small semi auto. Semi autos are relatively flat, but revolver are round in the middle. Revolvers are great coat pocket guns during the winter because you can still fire through your coat pocket in a crisis. The Ruger LCR is a light revolver. shooting .357 ammo in snub nose revolvers is a beast. Find a place where you can rent a gun and put it through it paces.

Anybody here own a firearm? - weambulance - 10-10-2016

Quote: (10-10-2016 06:44 AM)ShotgunUppercuts Wrote:  

You have a good point there.
Guess I'll be looking for a semi auto and just buy a revolver for shits n giggles.

You got any you recommend ?

This is not comprehensive, just guns I like.

Mid size/compact double stacks (~15 rounds):
Glock 19
S&W M&P9c
Ruger SR9c
HK VP9
HK P30 9mm V1 LEM trigger

Compact single stacks (6-7 rounds):
Kahr P9 or K9 (P9 is polymer frame, K9 is steel)
S&W M&P Shield 9mm

Pocket:
Ruger LCP
Kahr P380

I carry a Glock 19 about 98% of the time. Revolvers IMO should be limited to coat pocket carry or for dangerous game defense in the woods.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Guriko - 10-10-2016

Sadly, I do not own a firearm. Regulations within Europe make hard to obtain one bar, Switzerland in believe.

For our safety they say, but coincidentally everyone who wants to kill unarmed citizens has multitudes of different guns and explosives at hand or available for purchase on the black market.

Go figure.

I’ll get one, one day. Legally of course. It is not that it is impossible but there are quite a few hoops one must jump through if my understanding of the law is right and right now I’m a bit tight with time, but not motivation.

Anyone read the articles Quintus does about guns? I find reading about the history itself on how they are made, how sometimes idiotic bureaucrats butchered the design and caused thousands of soldiers die as a result malfunction, the principle they were built on endlessly fascinating.

Australian Owen Submachine Gun

The Dragunov Sniper Rifle (SVD)

The De Lisle Carbine

Anybody here own a firearm? - sterling_archer - 10-11-2016

Here in Croatia you must have good reason to own a firearm. If you want to hunt, this is a advantage, but if you are not a hunter, it will be difficult to obtain the permit.
But there is good thing if you say its for the sport, then they don't ask much. Here is local gun range and when I will have enough money I will go there to learn to shoot (supposedly good instructors) and they said they would help with obtaining the permit as lot of them are in the police.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Adonis - 10-11-2016

Couple of Noir's latest videos, long but worth a watch especially for people you may know who are on the fence about getting into guns.

Anybody here own a firearm? - sonoran_ - 10-13-2016

Quote: (10-08-2016 12:47 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

^ Good.

But... move out.

Gun's don't make a man. Self determination does.

would want to move out, but I'd rather milk living with my parents as much as I can. Plus im not in the situation to live on my own considering student debt and no clear career direction in life. Also I'm not white so it's not like my parents kick me out at 18 lol.

Living at home sucks ass though. My parents have killed my social life.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Cortés - 10-15-2016

^^^white 17 year old here, getting kicked out the day I turn 18, would've moved out asap anyways [Image: banana.gif]

But as probably the youngest guy here, this concerns me:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/d...s-preside/

Hillary plans to use executive action to ban firearms if elected [Image: dodgy.gif] I turn 18 in june, just praying that she doesn't call executive order until after then, I just want my ruger, fuck this

Anybody here own a firearm? - Chetthebaker - 10-15-2016

Nope. Only ever fired a shotgun years ago in Germany. It was damn fun though.

Anybody here own a firearm? - James Bond Next level - 10-15-2016

Does anyone know good books/videos to learn how to shoot ? (pistol, but carbine for later good too) There isn't real class in my range, they only teach you the strict minimum. I plan to own one and want to know how to clean it properly, how to choose one, differences with caliber and how to maximize efficiency of the shootings in terms of precision and speed. Thanks.

Anybody here own a firearm? - sterling_archer - 10-15-2016

Quote: (10-15-2016 11:57 AM)Chetthebaker Wrote:  

Nope. Only ever fired a shotgun years ago in Germany. It was damn fun though.

Myself tried Winchester 1300 home defense 12 gauge. Dayum!

Anybody here own a firearm? - chicane - 10-15-2016

Quote: (10-15-2016 12:45 PM)James Bond Next level Wrote:  

Does anyone know good books/videos to learn how to shoot ? (pistol, but carbine for later good too) There isn't real class in my range, they only teach you the strict minimum. I plan to own one and want to know how to clean it properly, how to choose one, differences with caliber and how to maximize efficiency of the shootings in terms of precision and speed. Thanks.

Practice does not make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Get good training so the practice is positive, not reinforcing bad habits.

It you want to learn how to shoot with either a pistol or rifle, I recommend training with something in .22lr. And plan on a minimum of 1,000 rounds. You can get your form and technique down cheaply and avoid developing really bad flinch reactions.

I'm not saying that .22lr is what you want long term, it's the best choice for training a beginner.

Anybody here own a firearm? - MidJack - 10-15-2016

Mossberg 590A1 shotgun. Is very heavy, hand-to-hand weapon with bayonet. If no bayonet, use as club.

Anybody here own a firearm? - supersaiyanjesus - 10-17-2016

Sig Sauer P290 (RS) and Glock 26, both 9 mm.

I bought both for conceal carry but much prefer the glock.

The P290 is nice and nice looking, it came with glow sights and with the extended clip the grip is pretty good. It's slim, accurate, good weight and makes for an excellent pocket gun but one thing I can't stand is the trigger pull. It needs 8.5 pounds of pressure and it takes a hell of a distance before it fires. There are after market triggers you can get, a lot of people vouch for them so I may go that route.

The glock is my favorite. I'm sure a bunch of guys already talked about them to death so I won't.

Anybody here own a firearm? - kaotic - 10-17-2016

Picked up another 80% lower.

Gotta purchase a new upper, goal is a keymod rail this time that extends the length of the barrel.

Also gotta get an AR10 lower also.

I got hook ups on machining them no problem.

Both this AR and the other one I have aren't serialized (hence them being 80's).

I'm in California, if you know what's going on here, basically AR's will be outlawed after this year.

Not a single person I know with 80 builds will be registering them, plus noone really fucks with you out here anyways.

When I bought this last lower, the guy at the booth asked me "you going to register your lower come the new year ?" I replied with a sly grin on my face "What lower ?" - "Right answer"

There was alot of talk about the new CA gun laws at the gun shows this year, prices are fucking insane right now for rifles.

I think I will be buying a serialized lower just to have.

Overall 2 AR15 80% lowers, one AR 10 80% lower, and one AR 15 registered lower.

Gotta stalk up on ammo also since there will be a database when you purchase ammunition - or start making my own loads.

Anybody here own a firearm? - dark_g - 10-17-2016

Quote: (10-15-2016 03:22 PM)chicane Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2016 12:45 PM)James Bond Next level Wrote:  

Practice does not make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Get good training so the practice is positive, not reinforcing bad habits.

It you want to learn how to shoot with either a pistol or rifle, I recommend training with something in .22lr. And plan on a minimum of 1,000 rounds. You can get your form and technique down cheaply and avoid developing really bad flinch reactions.

I'm not saying that .22lr is what you want long term, it's the best choice for training a beginner.

I agree, you can read all the books in the world, the only way to get proficient is to put rounds through the barrel and get good instructions.

Anybody here own a firearm? - dark_g - 10-17-2016

Quote: (10-17-2016 04:33 PM)supersaiyanjesus Wrote:  

Sig Sauer P290 (RS) and Glock 26, both 9 mm.

I bought both for conceal carry but much prefer the glock.

The P290 is nice and nice looking, it came with glow sights and with the extended clip the grip is pretty good. It's slim, accurate, good weight and makes for an excellent pocket gun but one thing I can't stand is the trigger pull. It needs 8.5 pounds of pressure and it takes a hell of a distance before it fires. There are after market triggers you can get, a lot of people vouch for them so I may go that route.

The glock is my favorite. I'm sure a bunch of guys already talked about them to death so I won't.

If you're considering the Glock 26 you might as well look at the Glock 27. Almost identical in size, but the 27 gives you a .40 cal round. I like the extra stopping power.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 10-17-2016

Quote: (10-15-2016 03:22 PM)chicane Wrote:  

This often scares newcomers away because they don't realise just how cheap that ammo is. When you realise you can manage that for 100 to 200 dollars then it really puts it in perspective.

I have a personal preference when teaching someone to shoot which has been incredibly successful and I'm surprised nobody else does it. Every trainer I see gets the student to do everything at the first time. Aim. Breath Trigger. Etc Etc. On top of them worrying about the kick of the gun? They always take WAY more stress into the process than is necessary and it turns a lot of people away from doing it again.

My method is that I get first time shooters to point the gun in a safe direction, no specific aiming, no target, and just steadily fire a mag to get accustomed to the idea that, NO, the gun is not going to deafen you and smash your shoulder/wrist to pieces.

Once they're familiar with that feeling they can put it out of their mind and the focus much more clearly on all the other aspects of the training. They don't start out with the fear of pain and failure to make good groupings.

p.s. Same with teaching driving. Take them to an open area first and just let them move the car around without having to worry about signals, lanes, other cars, performance expectations.