Roosh V Forum
A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing (/thread-21934.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Nonpareil - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 12:40 PM)TheRookie Wrote:  

And it begins: http://www.mercurynews.com/jobs/ci_22852...tter-pycon

"Adria Richards: Lawyers say firing of developer who outed inappropriate comments on Twitter hard to defend in court"

The ambulance chasers are going to smell blood in the water.

No one is going to make "teh evil patriarchal" argument that she got shitcanned because she negatively affected her employer's bottom line.

Edit: cunt lawyer speaks in the article:

Quote:Quote:

Therese Lawless, a San Francisco attorney who represents employees in employment and discrimination cases does not know Richards but said Richards would have a "groundbreaking case" if it went to court because her complaint was made on social media.

"I like it," Lawless said. "She has a case."

"They're basically retaliating against her for speaking out about sexual harassment," Lawless said. "Oftentimes, employers say their excuse is that 'We want this person out of the workforce because they don't fit into the culture, they don't get along with their co-workers.' But she's in a situation where she's speaking about inappropriate behavior."

[Image: NlOFY.gif]

The way I see it is this; if this nasty bitch somehow has a harassment case for tweeting pictures of guys making jokes most guys make when they're 13, against a guy who publicly apologized and has three kids, and somehow she wins, I'm leaving after I return home soon and never coming back, not even for funerals, because it's so shitty and totalitarian...she won't win (too many people can corroborate the story that she's a whiny and uptight cunt), but who do you think gets to foot her bills in the 3 year court battle of it all?

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Veloce - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-22-2013 09:00 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  

Adria Richards is not a person. She is a hologram reverse engineered by woman-hating reactionaries to perfectly fulfill every antifeminist nightmare. There is just no way that this human being can really exist.

Or if she does, I salute her canniness. She is the hedgehog who knows one thing: how to latch on to PC self-flagellants with computer money and promote herself without actually doing any work or spreading any knowledge. She is a perfect creature of our time.

She doesn't deserve death threats, but, as a Developer Evangelist she ought to know that a twitter death threat is as credible as a craigslist ad for free pussy. The guy didn't deserve to get fired but, who knows. Maybe they just needed an excuse. He mentioned liking his job, which means he sucked at it. If you're leaving enough on the table to be happy at the end of the day you aren't a productive worker. Like a wise man once said, what would it take for them to kick Jordan out of the league versus a guy riding the bench?

Back to her, though-- her whole life was building to this moment. Her reason for being is to get famous by being offended. This is her Ulysses. A success beyond her wildest dreams. I am the most famous offended person in the world, and rivers of fresh offences just keep flowing in. They want to rape me, they want to kill me. She felt like Joan of Arc when she heard the dick joke, she said. Imagine how her mouth watered when they said they really wanted to wheel her to the stake. Death threats! She thinks, in the tone of a thirteen year old girl asking Bieber to the dance and hearing “yes.”

There is nothing but calculation happening behind Adria Richards' eyes. She is not a person. She is what happens when you feed a bunch of slogans from a cultural studies department meeting at a third tier stoner college into a hat and just keep picking them out at random. African Americans Can't be Racist Marginalized Privilege Rape Culture Hegemonic Cisnormative Microaggression. She got this job and then in her heart she was just begging them to fire her. Or better still, begging them to say something racially insensitive, or-- God-- dare she hope to be sexually harassed? Waiting and praying for that one magic slight that would launch her up to the Olympus of self-pitying internet scolds. And then this... this. Fucking Powerball.

Meanwhile, somewhere, a genocide survivor is off to a productive day, not dwelling on it.

[Image: potd.gif]

I can't believe I'm the first person to give you the post of the day. Brilliant post.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Veloce - 03-24-2013

I'd be willing to bet she only complained because the guy is such an herb.

If it was some ripped alpha behind her somehow I don't think she would have taken the photo or tweeted anything about it.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - NY Digital - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 01:39 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

I'd be willing to bet she only complained because the guy is such an herb.

If it was some ripped alpha behind her somehow I don't think she would have taken the photo or tweeted anything about it.

This is what feminism is all about. If he was "attractive" (meaning non-creepy), this is probably what would've happened instead...

[Image: hump.gif]

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - esperar - 03-24-2013

She'll win if there's a case. Yes, it's nice that she was fired, but let's be honest here, she has a vagina, and that means feminists and their white knights will steam roller everyone in their way.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - bacon - 03-24-2013

Adrina Richards embodies the reason many men expatriate from the US

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Tuthmosis - 03-24-2013

You know what's interesting: for the last several years, I've reflexively covered or obscured my face whenever I see a camera pointed in my direction--even when it's a professional photographer at a high-profile function. I used to think it was paranoid but, if I were that guy, I'd still have a job.

Something to think about fellas.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - kolovrat - 03-24-2013

I can't blame the guy because if he's realized that somebody who overhears his conversations can have power of his job (and essentially power over his income and ability to provide for his kids) it's understandable that he'd put his ego aside in the interests of his family.

Even without bringing game/alpha-beta considerations into this, apologizing when you're being canned for what are essentially political reasons frankly almost never works out for anyone. This I have gathered just from simple observations of the shitstorms and scandals that regularly break out on the Internet. I really don't know why people still do it. 9 times out of 10 it's not going to make the scandal go away or get you your job back, while at the same time you lose the respect of sympathizing bystanders because of your cringing pussytude.

That said, here's another thought I had (and please don't take it as support for Adria and that whole detestable crew). If a worker is truly valuable to a company, chances are the company - provided it's run on normal capitalist principles - is going to stick by him to the maximum extent feasible. Mr. Yang did not have to fire that herb, if anything in terms of pure publicity he would have been better off keeping him because the court of public opinion was firmly against Adria even on the Internet and Twitter (although granted, he might not have realized that). Still, the alacrity with which he was let go means that another possible explanation is that that programmer wasn't working up to scratch, and his company was already looking forwards to seeing him slip up so as to fire him.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Days of Broken Arrows - 03-24-2013

It took a while for public opinion to turn against Adria, so the boss might not have seen it. Also, the lamestream media is on her side and he may have sensed how that would play out.

Finally, he probably would have fired any employee, no matter how good, because of his fear of HR-driven bullshit, especially as it pertains to these conferences, which feminists now watch like hawks.

The only way out of this would have been for the guys who were accused to deny deny deny and claim she was lying out of spite (or something). It was her word against theirs, after all.

Quote: (03-24-2013 03:00 PM)kolovrat Wrote:  

I can't blame the guy because if he's realized that somebody who overhears his conversations can have power of his job (and essentially power over his income and ability to provide for his kids) it's understandable that he'd put his ego aside in the interests of his family.

Even without bringing game/alpha-beta considerations into this, apologizing when you're being canned for what are essentially political reasons frankly almost never works out for anyone. This I have gathered just from simple observations of the shitstorms and scandals that regularly break out on the Internet. I really don't know why people still do it. 9 times out of 10 it's not going to make the scandal go away or get you your job back, while at the same time you lose the respect of sympathizing bystanders because of your cringing pussytude.

That said, here's another thought I had (and please don't take it as support for Adria and that whole detestable crew). If a worker is truly valuable to a company, chances are the company - provided it's run on normal capitalist principles - is going to stick by him to the maximum extent feasible. Mr. Yang did not have to fire that herb, if anything in terms of pure publicity he would have been better off keeping him because the court of public opinion was firmly against Adria even on the Internet and Twitter (although granted, he might not have realized that). Still, the alacrity with which he was let go means that another possible explanation is that that programmer wasn't working up to scratch, and his company was already looking forwards to seeing him slip up so as to fire him.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - bacon - 03-24-2013

[Image: denzel-s-sigh-sad-look-o.gif]

Per the comments section of that video:

Jerome Stuart Nichols 1 day ago
This comment has received too many negative votes
"I'm gay..."

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Blaster - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 03:16 PM)bacon Wrote:  

[Image: denzel-s-sigh-sad-look-o.gif]

Quote:gay idiot Wrote:

Whenever women complain about sexism they are told to shut up

Nope. When women complain about bullshit that is not sexism and doesn't concern them, they're told that they're full of shit. God damn that shit makes me angry.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - placer - 03-24-2013

It's scary how Orwellian Adria Richards actions were. It's as if Adria Richards is on the Junior Anti-Sex League (and, yes, modern feminism is in a big part about using government power to suppress sexual and Red Pill discussion), taking out her portable telescreen to report people to the Thought Police.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - esperar - 03-24-2013

People are missing the people in my book. Sexist or not, unless they were harassing her, they weren't doing anything morally wrong.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Every10GivesMeA10 - 03-25-2013

Look who made a video about this issue:

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - n0000 - 03-25-2013

Watch that video and tell me this chick is not absolutely batshit. She goes on and on about the most trivial minute details of her life that no one cares about. She is an attention whore of the first order because she drives all normal people away from her in real life. Her only source of attention is her youtube channel and twitter.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Samseau - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-23-2013 11:50 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Fucking pathetic apology from him. His livelihood has been ruined and he comes out with that? I'd be a caged animal maintaining radio silence while seeking legal advice.

Go easy on him. If you had 3 mouths to feed you'd panic too.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - MikeCF - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 07:54 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (03-23-2013 11:50 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Fucking pathetic apology from him. His livelihood has been ruined and he comes out with that? I'd be a caged animal maintaining radio silence while seeking legal advice.

Go easy on him. If you had 3 mouths to feed you'd panic too.

That, and the guy doesn't have a legal case. He was almost certainly an at-will employee. He could have been fired for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all.

Plus, as a herb, he also probably felt guilty. If the girl had said something, he would have blushed and sincerely apologized.

That guy is as blue pill as it gets. He would hate everything we stand for and consider us to be only slightly above mass murderers.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Sombro - 03-25-2013

Media-wise, it is heartening to know there is some backlash emerging from latent red pill/libertarian quarters:

Quote:Quote:

1. Because you are able to tweet somebody's every overheard remark doesn't mean you should. (Check out the link on "Adria" to her blog item -- it's shocking, both in that she felt she had a right to expose people's private conversation and for what I see as her bullshit justification: It's for THE CHILLLDREN! (Specifically, the girl children, who she assumes are being brought up to be emotional clones of the fragile china doll ideologue she apparently is.)

2. People will say things that you find offensive.

3. If they are not speaking into a microphone -- intending their conversation to be for public consumption -- you don't get to publish their conversation just because you happen to overhear it. The exception would be if they are planning to blow up a building, in which case you should quick-quick, ring somebody with a SWAT team or something.

4. Also, if you want to be treated as an equal, how come you demand to be infantilized? Men are sometimes gross and make jokes in bad taste. (Women I'm friends with are likewise sometimes gross and make jokes in bad taste -- but I generally don't fraternize with the politically correct.)

I've never been troubled by being in an industry where coarse jokes fly around. (In fact, I rather like it.) But if I did have a problem with it, I'd be in a different industry or I'd tell people their language was bothering me...all adult-like 'n' stuff, by moving my lips and making words come out in their direction...not by going all "Mommeeeee! They're saying baaaaad wordssss!" to conference organizers or some other designated/de facto workplace grownup.

5. Also, suck my dongle if you don't like it.

http://www.advicegoddess.com/archives/20..._mens.html

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - esperar - 03-26-2013

You know what makes me sick the most? The sense of entitlement. Chicks like her want to be able to enter the work place, but then demand that everyone has to change to what THEY want so as to accommodate them. No sexual jokes, no pictures of hot chicks, no guy talk at all. Pisses me off.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Lemmo - 03-26-2013

Rogan talks about this on his most recent podcast. He jumps around and is a bit convoluted but it comes up repeatedly during the first hour, esp around min 35. Also talks generally about white knight, regret=rape. It is one of those cases where he gets it right.

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/christopher-ryan

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Blaster - 03-26-2013

Quote: (03-26-2013 12:18 PM)esperar Wrote:  

You know what makes me sick the most? The sense of entitlement. Chicks like her want to be able to enter the work place, but then demand that everyone has to change to what THEY want so as to accommodate them. No sexual jokes, no pictures of hot chicks, no guy talk at all. Pisses me off.

That doesn't piss me off. People with entitlement complexes are a fact of life. What pisses me off is when they're allowed to get away with this attitude and harm others in the process-- when people don't even notice how insanely selfish it is.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - esperar - 03-26-2013

It's all part of the same problem in my book. My stance is, unless a guy is harassing you, shut the fuck up.

You don't like a sexual joke in the work place? Shut the fuck up.
You don't like that calendar on the wall? Shut the fuck up.
You don't like it when men act like men? Shut the fuck up.
You don't like it when a guy calls a woman a bitch even though she was being a bitch? Shut the fuck up.

I don't care how uncomfortable you are, I don't care how offended you are either, unless someone is harassing you or threatening you, SHUT YOUR CUNT MOUTH. The entire male gender should not have to change to accommodate you, and this is what I am talking about when I say that people are missing the point.

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Blaster - 03-26-2013

Quote: (03-26-2013 02:28 PM)esperar Wrote:  

It's all part of the same problem in my book. My stance is, unless a guy is harassing you, shut the fuck up.

You don't like a sexual joke in the work place? Shut the fuck up.
You don't like that calendar on the wall? Shut the fuck up.
You don't like it when men act like men? Shut the fuck up.
You don't like it when a guy calls a woman a bitch even though she was being a bitch? Shut the fuck up.

I don't care how uncomfortable you are, I don't care how offended you are either, unless someone is harassing you or threatening you, SHUT YOUR CUNT MOUTH. The entire male gender should not have to change to accommodate you, and this is what I am talking about when I say that people are missing the point.

You are absolutely right on every point.

All I am saying that it's just not practical to expect that no female ever will wind up deluded and entitled. If you do much digging, you find that Adria Richards is something of a nutcase. Where she came from or how she got this way I have no idea, but crazies like her will always slip through the cracks. It's better to be prepared to deal with it by telling her in no uncertain terms, with full alpha authority, that her demands are absurd and unworkable. "Shut your cunt mouth" may even be the right turn of phrase in some cases (but not all).

A feminist summons a shitstorm via Twitter; a dude gets fired over nothing - Days of Broken Arrows - 03-26-2013

I once worked for a chain of community newspapers where HR kept ratcheting up the sexual harassment rules. One of the no-no's was that there was to be no "offensive literature" in the building.

We had a female reporter who was covering a sex scandal and my running joke was that if she read her own articles while she was on company time, she'd then have to turn herself in for sexually harassing herself.

Now I wonder how far from the truth I was with that joke.