Roosh V Forum
Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? (/thread-20601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Cobra - 05-30-2017

Genoa, Italy.

Seriously!

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - lonewolf1992 - 05-30-2017

Bogotá, I just hate it with all of my heart and soul. Part of it is personal, like when homer simpson goes to NYC.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Rawmeo - 05-30-2017

Cambodia.

EVERYWHERE, people try to scam you. Every-fucking-where.

At immigration, I had to pay a bribe of 100 baht or they wouldn't let me in.
We bought a bus ticket for Siem Reap, and after sitting, the driver told us we bought the wrong ticket and had to pay more.
They stopped in a restaurant mid-way, and I got overcharged on the bill. Stood my ground and didn't pay.
When arriving at the bus station, I asked the security where the toilets were, and they told me they'd tell me if I paid 50 baht.
We went to a local restaurant after. The prices were in USD, and since I was paying in Thai Baht, they used their "custom" exchange rate, which was double.
We hailed a tuk tuk to go to our hotel, they quoted us 100 baht (already a rip off) and asked for 200 when arriving.
The next day, we take a bus to go to Angkor temple. Same fucking scam than the first bus.
When arriving at Angkor temple, price was $20 USD. I was paying with Thai baht and they overcharged me 1.5x.
At the temple, we bought some food, and there was a third dish on the bill that we didn't order.
When leaving the temple, we opted for a taxi rather than the bus, to avoid getting scammed, but the driver told us, when arriving, that the quoted price was "per person".
From the hotel to the border, we book a bus from another company. No official scam but driver insisted on getting a tip.
Eating near the border before crossing back in Thailand, short changed.
Leaving the country, immigration asks for 50 baht bribe.

Yep. All true.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Super_Fire - 05-31-2017

Phnom Penh.

The rest of Cambodia is OK; the countryside is incredibly beautiful, but PP...I can't remember where I read it (maybe it was here) but I paraphrase: "PP is the only city I've been to where I was worried I'd wake up one day on the wrong side of town in a bathtub with my liver missing and AIDS."

I hear the border with Thailand makes PP look like paradise by comparison too. Don't even want to find out unless I have armed bodyguards.

Edit: Wow, I had to pay the bribe at the airport to get in but I didn't get scammed as hard as Rawmeo. I went in 2009; maybe things are worse now.

And because this thread is worthless without pics:

[Image: img_4111.jpg]

[Image: PNH_Phnom_Penh_houses_on_Tonle_Sap_river.jpg]

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - AntiFeminist - 05-31-2017

Quote: (02-11-2013 12:46 PM)Cincinnatus Wrote:  

I've only been out of the United States once but I'd say the worst shithole I've ever seen in this country is probably Wheeling, WV.

I've been all over the U.S., and yeah, the dirt-poor small towns of West Virginia are about as bad as it gets. How anyone can live there is beyond me.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - DMario - 05-31-2017

I lived in Cambodia for one year and never got ripped off as much as rawmeo. Theres always a Khmer price, and a tourist price though. Thats when it helps to have local friends

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Phoenix - 05-31-2017

Quote: (05-30-2017 11:41 PM)Rawmeo Wrote:  

Cambodia.

EVERYWHERE, people try to scam you. Every-fucking-where.

At immigration, I had to pay a bribe of 100 baht or they wouldn't let me in.
We bought a bus ticket for Siem Reap, and after sitting, the driver told us we bought the wrong ticket and had to pay more.
They stopped in a restaurant mid-way, and I got overcharged on the bill. Stood my ground and didn't pay.
When arriving at the bus station, I asked the security where the toilets were, and they told me they'd tell me if I paid 50 baht.
We went to a local restaurant after. The prices were in USD, and since I was paying in Thai Baht, they used their "custom" exchange rate, which was double.
We hailed a tuk tuk to go to our hotel, they quoted us 100 baht (already a rip off) and asked for 200 when arriving.
The next day, we take a bus to go to Angkor temple. Same fucking scam than the first bus.
When arriving at Angkor temple, price was $20 USD. I was paying with Thai baht and they overcharged me 1.5x.
At the temple, we bought some food, and there was a third dish on the bill that we didn't order.
When leaving the temple, we opted for a taxi rather than the bus, to avoid getting scammed, but the driver told us, when arriving, that the quoted price was "per person".
From the hotel to the border, we book a bus from another company. No official scam but driver insisted on getting a tip.
Eating near the border before crossing back in Thailand, short changed.
Leaving the country, immigration asks for 50 baht bribe.

Yep. All true.

The best safeguard to assholerly is pre-emptive counter-assholerly.

"How much?"
"..."
"Is that the total price?"
"yes"
"Will you ask me for any more money than that when we arrive for any reason?"
"...no"
"I have [$x]. Do you have change for this?"
"yes"
"If you don't have change for this when we arrive, I'm only going to give you [$y note]. Do you agree to this?"
"...ok"
"Alright".

I'll literally talk to known asshole-groups like that.

This is why Uber is such an amazing benefit to society. It promises to purge the international cunt-ridden group known as "Taxi drivers" out of existence.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Vaun - 05-31-2017

Quote: (05-31-2017 07:20 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  

This is why Uber is such an amazing benefit to society. It promises to purge the international cunt-ridden group known as "Taxi drivers" out of existence.

Funny but these asshole Uber drivers with their hand out for tips ruin everyones scores too when you dont tip.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Putin Closes - 05-31-2017

Quote: (05-31-2017 07:58 PM)Vaun Wrote:  

Quote: (05-31-2017 07:20 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Funny but these asshole Uber drivers with their hand out for tips ruin everyones scores too when you dont tip.

Which is why you don't rate until you find out their rating. If they rate low, you rate 1 star for "begging for tips". Besides, easy to constantly change your uber number via prepaid. Regarding tips at the airport, didn't pay anything upon arrival, unless you talking about the Visa Fee.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - LoveBug - 09-20-2017

Dhaka, Bangladesh. Was supposed to spend a week there. Spent a day. Plane arrived at 2 am, and a hellacious taxi trip around the city where I thought I was going to get jacked. After paying the taxi driver double to take me to the Radisson of the city that night, decided to venture to my budget place downtown next day. some unsafe, third world stuff. Immediately told the taxi driver to take me to the airport.

Not a tourist in sight. The glares I got while filing into the Dhaka line from Kuala Lumpur should've told me it's off the track

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Robert High Hawk - 09-20-2017

^ @Lovebug, what were you planning on doing there foran entire week? Is there anything to do at all in Bangladesh?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Agastya - 09-20-2017

^I'm interested too. Even Pakistan seems like a place where you could have crazy adventures, Bangladesh just seems like an out-and-out shithole. Like the worst parts of India without any of the temples, monuments, or naturally beautiful areas.

I guess there is a significant tiger preserve there and the history of the Bangladesh Civil War is pretty interesting, but outside of that, I don't know what a tourist would do there. Anything a person could possibly want to do in Bangladesh could be done in the neighboring Indian state of Bengal -- same language, very similar culture, more to see and do, and not quite as much of a shithole.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - rottenapple - 09-20-2017

Bangladesh is also the country most prone to natural disasters. It is a matter of time before thousands will die there due to floods, a tsunami or whatever. Whenever I think of a shithole of a country, Bangladesh is the first country to come up in my mind. There's 163 million people living there, can you imagine?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - fitness2569 - 09-20-2017

Lafayette, Louisiana

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - StepUp - 09-20-2017

Dnipro, Ukraine

Insanely ugly with rude people

Not that Kiev is much better though

There's a pretty cool German travel movie/docu out called "Weit". It's about a couple traveling the world. Much to their (and my) surprise, the most beautiful and friendliest place they visit is Pakistan. The mountain areas of that country look unreal. Honestly made me think about visiting.

@Step up: how were the women though? Any redeeming value?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - mensch - 09-20-2017

Quote: (05-30-2017 06:31 PM)Cobra Wrote:  

Genoa, Italy.

Seriously!

Yes, yes, yes. But that has to be comparative to expectations/nearby cities. Obviously there are plenty of even bigger shitholes but nothing compares to the shock of Genoa. Fuck, the I get the creeps just thinking about it.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - StepUp - 09-20-2017

Quote: (09-20-2017 02:01 PM)Robert High Hawk Wrote:  

@Step up: how were the women though? Any redeeming value?

Dnipro girls are super hot, the hottest in Ukraine along with Kiev....actually walking around the city center I didn't notice any difference between Kiev and Dnipro.

I was there only three days last year and I liked the girls but the city is ugly and felt unsafe at night, even my airbnb host told me to pay attention and not to walk alone at night (LOL I was alone), but my apartment wasn't exactly in the city center so that may be the reason

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - pandiani1 - 09-20-2017

Middlesbrough, England.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - sonoran_ - 09-20-2017

West Bengal, India,

I was on my way to the Himalayas in the province of Sikkim but I had to go through the airport in West Bengal.

I imagine this is what Bangladesh would look like.

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - Putin Closes - 09-21-2017

Quote: (09-20-2017 05:22 AM)LoveBug Wrote:  

Dhaka, Bangladesh. Was supposed to spend a week there. Spent a day. Plane arrived at 2 am, and a hellacious taxi trip around the city where I thought I was going to get jacked. After paying the taxi driver double to take me to the Radisson of the city that night, decided to venture to my budget place downtown next day. some unsafe, third world stuff. Immediately told the taxi driver to take me to the airport.

Not a tourist in sight. The glares I got while filing into the Dhaka line from Kuala Lumpur should've told me it's off the track

Friends do not let friends go to Bangladesh. Although part of me wants to go this shit hole just to get a rare flag [Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - ProGambler - 09-21-2017

Anfield, Liverpool, UK

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - stpete - 09-23-2017

Saint Maarten outside of the resorts. Interior

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been? - The Stronger Sex - 09-23-2017

People travelling to Third World shitholes to get laid because there is no competition there. *shakes head*