Roosh V Forum
The Los Angeles thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Los Angeles thread (/thread-16165.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

The Los Angeles thread - CJ_W - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-14-2013 07:38 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Quote: (03-14-2013 02:36 AM)DVY Wrote:  

False, SF will become similar to NY. LA will still suck because of the driving/logistics factors.

True. Logistics are a bitch in LA.

This, Cost me a lay with a last night because of this. . .was with a wing and got them to leave the club with us, only to be hit by a serious logistics issue, and the fact that my wing got one of the girls too drunk to where she was puking out of the car -.-; gonna work on going back to Tokyo now lol.

The Los Angeles thread - thegmanifesto - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 04:54 PM)CJ_W Wrote:  

False, SF will become similar to NY. LA will still suck because of the driving/logistics factors.

This, Cost me a lay with a last night because of this. . .was with a wing and got them to leave the club with us, only to be hit by a serious logistics issue, and the fact that my wing got one of the girls too drunk to where she was puking out of the car -.-; gonna work on going back to Tokyo now lol.

Yeah, you really have to screen extra hard for logistics in Southern California Game.

Adds a extra layer no matter how you slice it.

The Los Angeles thread - poutsara - 03-24-2013

Quote:Quote:

how do you get around that?

The Los Angeles thread - Basil Ransom - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 04:54 PM)CJ_W Wrote:  

Haha. I've never been a fan of "get a girl wasted" game, for that reason. She'll usually drink enough without you interfering; adding on to that will just make things worse. Plus it's expensive. Not talking about your wing specifically, but guys who do it often seem a little off - like they believe deep down that game and physical escalation are not enough to make a girl fuck, that they need her to be blackout drunk.

The Los Angeles thread - MikeCF - 03-24-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 05:50 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Yeah, you really have to screen extra hard for logistics in Southern California Game.

Never leave the West Side.

Always take cabs.

Quote: (03-14-2013 10:53 PM)slubu Wrote:  

At the guy whose gf wants to move here: if you are attached to her don't do it. She will end up fucking her way to perceived access.

Yeah, there was a lot wrong with that guy's post.

Such as, "It could be a good career move for me."

OK, so a guy is going to work hard to support his girl while she works the "actress scene"...What would possibly go wrong?

Quote: (03-24-2013 06:47 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Always take cabs.

I agree with that 100%.

However, you still have to screen girls for where they live hard. Girls unfortunately don't follow those rules of thumb.

If a girl lives close, she is way easier to close.

Girls who live far are more difficult (all things being equal).

Always take cabs.

Drive and don't drink hard.

I do it all the time. Took a girl home last night while she ditched her livery. (She turned out to be fucking nuts...)

Hell, I can innocently offer girls a ride home, and then weasel my way in once I'm there. Can't really do that with your friend Ahmed the cabbie.

The Los Angeles thread - DVY - 03-24-2013

Man, tbh it probably would be cheaper to do P4P than deal w/LA nightlife. I've been adding up costs and its fairly shocking.

I wonder what your guy's average nights out are? Mine range in the 60-150/night (parking, cover, drinks, bribes, light food, etc). I'm barely drinking as well. Goodness, if i was going hard on drinks (and buying drinks indiscrimantely for girls) each night would be in excess of 400 dollars.

Spending more than other cities, but pulling way less.

Quote: (03-24-2013 07:58 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Always take cabs.

Sounds like a really fun evening out...In Hell.

Quote: (03-24-2013 08:17 PM)DVY Wrote:  

Man, tbh it probably would be cheaper to do P4P than deal w/LA nightlife. I've been adding up costs and its fairly shocking.

I wonder what your guy's average nights out are? Mine range in the 60-150/night (parking, cover, drinks, bribes, light food, etc). I'm barely drinking as well. Goodness, if i was going hard on drinks (and buying drinks indiscrimantely for girls) each night would be in excess of 400 dollars.

LA has changed a lot over the past 10-15 years.

It used to be that the only people who left were those who couldn't make it.

Now I see very little reason to stay.

Pretty amazing how fast things can go downhill.

Quote: (03-24-2013 07:58 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Always take cabs.

I do it all the time. Took a girl home last night while she ditched her livery. (She turned out to be fucking nuts...)

Hell, I can innocently offer girls a ride home, and then weasel my way in once I'm there. Can't really do that with your friend Ahmed the cabbie.

I never really had to run "weasel game."

When a girl it with me it's pretty obvious what's going to happen.

If she's in a cab, there's no question.

The Los Angeles thread - WestCoast - 03-24-2013

TBH seems like the only way to survive in LA is to do day game (Observation from many visits + lived in SoCal 7 yrs ago.)

I remember walking to the gym with a forum member and based on the looks girls would give it seemed promising.

The whole drinking scene out there is tough though, not a ton of fun spots to hit up.

Will trust the guys in the bunkers and line of fire though.

$10-20 for drinks, $0-10 for parking, ~$5-10 for gas, maybe $5-10 for street eats.

Not terrible, but I'm not going out to sample some dude's mixology chops.

There are a couple bars in LA where you get the feeling some of the girls are there to fuck. Everywhere else, feels like, it's just attention whoring/flaking/cliquishness/posing non-stop, especially if you're a 'rando.'

Oh, I was out in Culver City the other night, the scene there is fucking terrible. Rush St and Carbon, at least. Walk in and it feels like it's nightlife for people who never feel comfortable in nightlife venues, i.e. they're huge losers, but they feel safe in Culver. Bailed out of both joints quick.

Quote: (03-24-2013 08:26 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

LA has changed a lot over the past 10-15 years.

It used to be that the only people who left were those who couldn't make it.

Now I see very little reason to stay.

Pretty amazing how fast things can go downhill.
Good point.

And yep. It all started with the smoking ban.

And beyond that, how damn serious everyone took it.

Quote: (03-24-2013 09:01 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

$10-20 for drinks, $0-10 for parking, ~$5-10 for gas, maybe $5-10 for street eats.

Neither am I.

But it is nice to have a little freedom isn't it?

Quote: (03-24-2013 08:41 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

TBH seems like the only way to survive in LA is to do day game (Observation from many visits + lived in SoCal 7 yrs ago.)

Maybe. Possibly.

But wouldn't it be better living in a place where you can have fun during the day and the night?

I mean, being a "half-man" isn't as fun as being a Man, is it?

Quote: (03-24-2013 09:07 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Neither am I.

But it is nice to have a little freedom isn't it?

Sure. If I just went to venues that I liked, I'd never get laid - the kind of joints that I'd personally enjoy are not the kind of places where young girls come to meet a man. You can bring her there later of course, on a date or whatever. But you're probably not going to get the chance to mack at an old man jazz bar.

Besides, hanging out in a place so loud no one hears you isn't exactly my idea of a 'social' experience, but that's what's popular...

The Los Angeles thread - DVY - 03-24-2013

[quote='DVY' pid='401938' dateline='1364174221']

Oh, I was out in Culver City the other night, the scene there is fucking terrible. Rush St and Carbon, at least.

Where are you spending 10-20 dollars for drinks? Cocktails are 12 bucks everywhere I've gone. High-end cocktails are around 15-20.

Are you only buying 1 drink?

2nd the culver city nightlife. Its terrible and why is there a line at Rush. There is nothing of note there. 1 redeeming factor of Culver City is the dope food.

The Los Angeles thread - Drazen - 03-24-2013

$40-45 in cab rides (round trip)
$20-60 in drinks (I pre drink at home when I cab)

Oh, I was out in Culver City the other night, the scene there is fucking terrible. Rush St and Carbon, at least. Walk in and it feels like it's nightlife for people who never feel comfortable in nightlife venues, i.e. they're huge losers, but they feel safe in Culver. Bailed out of both joints quick.

Yeah, every time I go to Rush Street on a weekend, I think to myself "Lots of people from Torrance like to come out to Culver City".

I've been hitting up this new spot in Playa/Westchester "Cinco", which opened about 2 weeks ago...its still in soft open mode I think and closes at midnight. Its a mexican "restaurant" (more bar with some mexican appetizers)...just opened and its a pretty good spot while its still "hot". Wide range from older locals, some LMU girls, some business travellers from the Custom Hotel across the street, etc. They have a good beer and drink menu and I can walk there in 10 minutes so its going to be at least a pre-game spot for me before I hop in a cab to go elsewhere.

The Los Angeles thread - speakeasy - 03-24-2013

This is why I don't even go out much at night anymore unless I KNOW something is going to be good. Or if it's some event where I'm getting hooked up free entry and liquor.

One of my friends texted me earlier that "Brick and Mortar" in Santa Monica on Main Street was really good during the daytime today. i'll have to check it.

The Los Angeles thread - booshala - 03-25-2013

As a longtime resident here, I have to agree with the fucked up logistics, the terrible traffic and the general isolationist culture that comes from always being stuck in our cars... but there are some pretty good niches that haven't been discussed here. If you're focusing only on Santa Monica, Hollywood and WeHo, it's almost definitely going to suck if all you're going for is the bottle-blond ice-queen types... unless you're somewhat famous or super connected.

Granted, I primarily like dark haired girls (Asians, Latinas) and have always found certain ethnic pockets to be very receptive of outsiders... There are areas in Ktown where all types of people congregate like the super clubs (Vibe, Velvet Room), same with certain bars/lounges in the San Gabriel Valley for American born Viets and Chinese (Entrance Lounge). Alhambra and Glendale have some decent Latino-themed nightlife and like another poster remarked, it was more of a sincere "What are you doing here?" vibe than anything else. Yeah, there are a lot of baldies there (sometimes it looks like that unfortunate scene in Training Day where Ethan Hawke is about to get blasted) but I've found that they've never bothered me.

I guess you're sorta assed out if all you like are blonde white girls, but I've found the above tactics to actually work pretty well with those two demographics.

The Los Angeles thread - MikeCF - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-24-2013 08:41 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

I remember walking to the gym with a forum member and based on the looks girls would give it seemed promising.

The whole drinking scene out there is tough though, not a ton of fun spots to hit up.

Will trust the guys in the bunkers and line of fire though.

If you hadn't been last minute nuclear cock blocked at 31 Ten, you'd have banged that chick. I should have anticipated that, stood behind you so no one noticed you guys leaving, and it'd have been golden.

But, yeah, pipelining at 3d Street Prom or the Grove during the day is very effective.

And a table at Drais with some e or coke works, too.

But once you start doing hard nights in LA, you look, at the $$$ and realize it makes more sense to just take a 2 hour flight to Cabo...especially now that its spring break season.

The Los Angeles thread - MikeCF - 03-25-2013

LA is no longer worth it because although the obesity epidemic hasn't fully hit, the girls are a lot chubbier than they used to be. Even in the past 5 years you can notice a difference.

Lots and lots of chubby undergrads.

A lot of girls are wearing those Toms shoes, too.

A girl in Toms shoes with chubby white calves is about as big of a turnoff as you can imagine.

Oddly enough, some the hotter girls are the older ones. They go into husband hunting mode, actually go to the gym/do yoga and take care of themselves. Many 26-32 year old women have tighter bods than the undergrads.

Dark times, men, dark times.

Since the state income tax is outrageous, the roads are garbage, and you can get a jay walking ticket for walking when the "don't walk" is flashing (not even joking) and now handicap parking space tickets are $750...It doesn't make much since to be here.

Even 2 years ago I was very So Cal. Now I'm planning my exit.

The Los Angeles thread - speakeasy - 03-25-2013

Quote: (03-25-2013 12:46 AM)MikeCF Wrote:  

LA is no longer worth it because although the obesity epidemic hasn't fully hit, the girls are a lot chubbier than they used to be. Even in the past 5 years you can notice a difference.

Lots and lots of chubby undergrads.

A lot of girls are wearing those Toms shoes, too.

A girl in Toms shoes with chubby white calves is about as big of a turnoff as you can imagine.

Oddly enough, some the hotter girls are the older ones. They go into husband hunting mode, actually go to the gym/do yoga and take care of themselves. Many 26-32 year old women have tighter bods than the undergrads.

Dark times, men, dark times.

Since the state income tax is outrageous, the roads are garbage, and you can get a jay walking ticket for walking when the "don't walk" is flashing (not even joking) and now handicap parking space tickets are $750...It doesn't make much since to be here.

Even 2 years ago I was very So Cal. Now I'm planning my exit.

I hear you. Not a day goes by when I'm not considering leaving. I'm just not sure where to go to yet. But there must be something better out there. I just wish wherever I go I can take the weather(and great Mexican food) with me. Socal in March is absolute paradise.